The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 17-01-2021, 12:26   #41
joyrider
Il Moderati

Stefano Pioli explains how Milan can overcome the absences of Theo Hernandez and Hakan Calhanoglu and refuses to provide updates about Mario Mandzukic’s possible move. ‘We must only focus on Cagliari.’

The Rossoneri face the Sardinians on Monday, but will be without Theo Hernandez and Hakan Calhanoglu who have tested positive for COVID.

"There are important absences, but it is this type of season, problems can come at any moment, so we must be ready,” Pioli said at a press conference.

“We’ve always doubled the energies in difficult moments,” the coach added.

"We are used to it, we are ready. I expect the players to always be ready, during training and matches. These are critical issues that must be addressed with determination and with the awareness of the strength of the team.

“It’s a difficult season for everyone, not only for us. One month ago, everyone was available, it can happen to face these kind of situations. We’ve proved to be a united team, the club has provided a competitive squad. We are determined to overcome these difficulties.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is expected to start at the Sardegna Arena.

“Ibra is so important for us, we all know his worth, he has overcome his physical problems and I’ve seen him well, he is ready to play tomorrow.

"We must continue to work, the title of winter champion counts very little. We must be focused on tomorrow’s game, it is difficult, we must consider it the most important game of the championship.

"We have to be ready, a difficult game awaits us, the opponents have collected less than they deserved, they have players like [Radja] Nainggolan, [Diego] Godin, Joao Pedro. Experienced and prepared players," Pioli insisted.

“We must have respect for the opponent, we want to dominate the game, but we are aware we could suffer.”

Mario Mandzukic is reportedly on the verge of joining the Rossoneri while Soualiho Meite trained with the team for the first time on Saturday.

“We have an important game tomorrow, I can’t talk about players who are not part of the team,” Pioli said.

“I trust my directors, they will reinforce the team if there will be opportunities.

“Meite will make our midfield more competitive. He combines quality and quantity, I really liked him, he is willing to do well, he proved to be ambitious.”
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 13:14   #42
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Covid is screwing up our plans... where are our players getting infected from??

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 13:17   #43
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Icon

ngl Im very worried for this. Dont think we will lose , as we are well stocked in the centre of midfield with meite, but worried it could be a scrappy 0-0, as we cant rely on hakans set peices to break them down. Hague is also very leightweight and diaz will struggle if there is no space

P.s cagliari signed duncan, wonder if he will come off the bench vs us
dcfcfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 13:34   #44
Bird
I AM the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
While they are out in the city.

Can't recall who it was, but one of the players said in a recent interview, when he is goes out to the city, he gets stopped all the time by fans who want autographs and selfies...ffs
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 14:09   #45
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Imagine this being destiny and having 5 players of the starting eleven out of action every single game is positive for the team as a whole. Reserves and back ups gets crucial experience and playing time in order to get prepared for matches and can help out the team at any time. We will get back our starting XI soon enough, but with that comes the luxury of our back ups being able to enter at any moment not being confused as what to do and having an immediate impact every single game.

No matter how cursed and annoying it feels, maybe we should look at the bright side.

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 14:20   #46
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

It feels like ages since we last played against cagliari
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 14:31   #47
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
While they are out in the city.

Can't recall who it was, but one of the players said in a recent interview, when he is goes out to the city, he gets stopped all the time by fans who want autographs and selfies...ffs

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 15:05   #48
Bird
I AM the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella View Post
ffs...
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 16:28   #49
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
Imagine this being destiny and having 5 players of the starting eleven out of action every single game is positive for the team as a whole. Reserves and back ups gets crucial experience and playing time in order to get prepared for matches and can help out the team at any time. We will get back our starting XI soon enough, but with that comes the luxury of our back ups being able to enter at any moment not being confused as what to do and having an immediate impact every single game.

No matter how cursed and annoying it feels, maybe we should look at the bright side.
I think looking at the positive/bright side is always the best approach. You have to be realistic and understand that our squad is decimated and it might very well impact our final standing, but I have said before as well that the amount of time our entire squad has played in very high pressure/high stakes matches will be monumentally important for the club going forward.

I truly believe we are witnessing the foundation for the next grande Milan being built.
Milan10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 16:52   #50
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 17:02   #51
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by congo powers View Post
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
+1
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 22:03   #52
brk
AC Milan Legend

We need to win this. Hope the guys don’t start feeling the pressure
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 22:52   #53
VillaiN
Senior Team Member

Damn cagliari hasnt won in 10 games. No excuses tomorow.
VillaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 23:10   #54
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

We need to do more then just win, time to make a statement. Very good news that Atalanta, Juve & Roma lost points this weekend.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 23:21   #55
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaiN View Post
Damn cagliari hasnt won in 10 games. No excuses tomorow.
There literally are no excuses this time. We have to win this game

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 23:24   #56
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

MN: Towards Cagliari-Milan, Ibra warns everyone: he is ready

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 00:01   #57
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Dangerous game.

Signature

<3
AC Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 00:02   #58
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

So....by the look of things, no Hakan, no Theo, no Leao, no Rebic.
The ones that had the keys to our attack for the last months.

An opportunity for Hauge to prove he deserves more influence than he's been given by them so far.

Also his first start alongside Ibra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva0172 View Post
We need to do more then just win, time to make a statement.
Grinding out a win without all those key players...without a strong bench...with a rusty Ibra, that has only played 5 mins with Hauge so far...............that's a statement on it's own.

I hope for a comfortable win, but I'm perfectly fine with an ugly, narrow win in these circumstances.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 00:33   #59
Jivara
Forza Milan

The only thing that matters is to get the 3 points and I believe that the team will achieve that

Forza Milan
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 00:46   #60
milanazkals
Basketball player

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Calhanoglu, Grealish

i think this is Hauge's game to shine. Hauge seems to have a better chemistry with Dalot and with Ibra up top the space will open up for his runs and i'm sure he'll bury his chances.

Signature

BOSS
milanazkals is offline   Reply With Quote