Nikola Kalinić Thread

How does Kalinic's departure to Atletico Madrid make you feel ?

• Should have given him another chance

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Finally! Thank god he's gone!

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • I'm 12 and what is this?

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lapadula had double the goals and assists as Kalinic with the same amount of minutes. Even Adriano has better stats.

I don't know what people see in Kalinic. To me, he's the shittiest forward we've had in a long time. He's average at best at any aspect, has nothing outstanding.

The fact that we spent money on him and sent our other strikers away makes it even worse.

To be honest stats are his weakness, a lot of the things he does don´t show in stats. He has the determination and the little bit of extra height (that Lapadula and to some extent Cutrone miss) to work the defenders, create spread balls or win balls from defenders. For a CF of his type he moves a lot too and has a very good work ethic.

He needs to be more dangerous though and like all our strikers he has his weaknesses, but he is far from a bad player.

I really like Lapadula as a person but he is Serie B player and lacks the potential for more, with a little bit of extra height or speed he probably could have achieved a lot more.
He almost only scores against relegation-level teams which are close to Serie B niveau, the one goal he scored against Roma this season is really the only exception of the rule.

Adriano scored only 4 goals and looked out of place in Serie A too, his stats are not even something special in the much weaker Russian league.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be honest stats are his weakness, a lot of the things he does don´t show in stats. He has the determination and the little bit of extra height (that Lapadula and to some extent Cutrone miss) to work the defenders, create spread balls or win balls from defenders. For a CF of his type he moves a lot too and has a very good work ethic.

These are all things Kalinic does well in theory but this season he hasn't even been good at those things. Of course we signed him because he's good at bringing others into play, holding the ball up etc. But in reality he's failed in every aspect and been replaced by a primavera player. If the only thing he was lacking would be goals then he would play every match and nobody on this forum would mind btw, but that's just not the case.

There is no argument for balo being worse. The guy was getting dumped on when he was top goalscorer and winning matches on his own. Kalinic had been dropped. He's not the first player to fail here he won't be the last.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These are all things Kalinic does well in theory but this season he hasn't even been good at those things. Of course we signed him because he's good at bringing others into play, holding the ball up etc. But in reality he's failed in every aspect and been replaced by a primavera player. If the only thing he was lacking would be goals then he would play every match and nobody on this forum would mind btw, but that's just not the case.

There is no argument for balo being worse. The guy was getting dumped on when he was top goalscorer and winning matches on his own. Kalinic had been dropped. He's not the first player to fail here he won't be the last.

His passing is really not there yet but physical work and battles where not bad, of course his form could and should be much better.
In december he picked up some good form and rhythm but sadly he picked up an injury toward the end of the month too halting the momentum.

Cutrone will probably be rotated with Kalinic, we have to use his good form but Gattuso and F&M know that they have to protect him.

When it comes to Balo it´s a question of how you value his bad side vs his good side, he can be really good but as a Milan fan I´ve seen the bad side of Balo too like nearly every user here. I´m glad for the good times but I´m also glad that he is gone.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good impact today, he managed to balance Silva´s bad positioning out which helped Silva and the whole team going forward and allowed himself to draw fouls fouls.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
what an assistttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great assist, but can you stop missing 1v1 vs keeper chances pls and thanks :)

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Why is he so shit with us?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Great assist

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
He's growing. Very nice cameo

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another good game, great assist. I love how he brings some presence upfront when he enters.

Great assist, but can you stop missing 1v1 vs keeper chances pls and thanks :)

Getting some rhythm will help him with that.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
another great assist, there is no doubt that he should be the one competing with cutrone.

Why is he so shit with us?

what are you on about? he came in and did great

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I will never accept Kalinic as a human being ever again.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
that is a club career defining miss for me

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My God... After that miss I decided to put 30€ on Lazio, like fuck it, not a chance in hell we gonna win after that, might make some money atleast (had Sheva Istanbul flashback immediately)... Never been more happy with a losing bet!
I have a hunch he'll start against Inter, after all those misses maybe we're due a gol of his? Or two maybe even?

Poslano sa mog E5823 koristeći Tapatalk

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i'm serious, he should be behind andre silva in the pecking order

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
i thought he was supposed to be the non flashy but reliable and consistent serie a type striker?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i'm serious, he should be behind andre silva in the pecking order

Haven´t seen Andre Silva playing as well as he did since the low tier EL games, yes he missed a shot - big deal, it happens. Andre Silva isn´t a goal threat either.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
terminate contract. wtf is wrong with this dude

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Shouldn't get a second ahead of Andre Silva....should be outside San Siro washing Audi's :mad:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i hope they don't invite him to the next team dinner

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I understand that tonight was not the night to bring on Silva, but Kalinic you fucking suck

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
abysmal, has the testicles of a small barnyard animal.
how can any striker let alone a 25 million euro striker choke like that

Schedule