All About Music

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Jasper said:
That's what 'Barrel of a Gun' is all about. The defining song of the album I would vote as their best.

Did you know the fact that they are the group with most top 40(UK) hits that hasn't achieved the top spot? I may have heard it here, may have heard it elsewhere.

Edit And to add trivia they've been in Estonia 2 times. And there's a bar in Tallinn called 'Depesche Mode' tribute to the band. And I know it's owner through my sister.
Actually, Martin L. Gore doesn't like to put explanations for his songs, so we can never know what the song is about. The only exception was I Feel Loved, Martin explained the songs' subject. Which is wrong IMO, people should create their own infereneces.

Yep, 43 singles from Depeche Mode have entered the TOP 75 in all time, but have never reached the #1. And 40 singles which have entered the TOP 40, but same, never reached the #1. Strange. :rolleyes:

But SOFAD album debuted #1 in both US & UK, quite impressive :cool: Ultra have been to #1 in UK, and Playing The Angel have been to #1 in 17 countries.

They've been to Turkey twice too, been to the 2nd one. Waited on the queue for 12 hours. :tongue:

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Milanista10 said:
axl brought a new sound to hair metal.

as for guns n roses, the most unappreciated talent, the most overlooked talent, and probably the most talented one was izzy stradlin.
And Slash.
:star:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
damn i can't get estranged out of my head...damn guns n roses were the shit!! they were gods.

DennisBergkamp

Primavera
Reaction score
Hello folks

I mentioned ages ago the excellent BBC documentary on the 7 stages of rock

As many of you are not able to access BBC i found it on web

Check this out
http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/5257

Just click on each episode
about 1 hour in length for each episode

Here is the BBC rundown
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/sevenages//

Personally stage 7 applied to me the most as i just got into music properly at that stage

PLEASE let me know if you can view episodes and what you think of each one!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
DennisBergkamp said:
Hello folks

I mentioned ages ago the excellent BBC documentary on the 7 stages of rock

As many of you are not able to access BBC i found it on web

Check this out
http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/5257

Just click on each episode
about 1 hour in length for each episode

Here is the BBC rundown
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/sevenages//

Personally stage 7 applied to me the most as i just got into music properly at that stage

PLEASE let me know if you can view episodes and what you think of each one!

I just recently followed the series through youtue + tv links. I liked the last episode most too(though the bands are not my favourite) but I have watched only 4. I advise to look into this if you like rock music. It reminds you many good tunes. For example I had to add:
Pixies - Gauge Away
The Smiths - Charming Man
Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
And had to look out my Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, The Who and Television collection.

What's interesting is that GNR hasn't been mentioned at all as i understand and that's a shame.

DennisBergkamp

Primavera
Reaction score
i was one of the 3 million who applied for knebworth tickets

i cant remember it was either 10 or 3 million people

eitherway it was crazy!

Man those were the days OASIS biggest band on planet

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Name me one song that's better than this!

Ooh baby do you know what that's worth? Ooh Heaven is a place on Earth!
Man it just lifts me up!
In this world we're just beginning, to understand the miracle of living...
Magical lyrics...:proud:

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
There has been relatively big discussion around Muse in this thread. Lately I found out that they decided to release a DVD of their last show on Wembley which seemed to be a spectacle when I browsed telephone videos on youtube. Anyone know the release date?

Edit: Before Christmas, hopefully in November.

Last edited:

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
MilanoMike said:
Name me one song that's better than this!

Ooh baby do you know what that's worth? Ooh Heaven is a place on Earth!
Man it just lifts me up!
In this world we're just beginning, to understand the miracle of living...
Magical lyrics...:proud:

that cyndi lauper right? wayyy before my time lmao..buh i can reccomend you the remix by dj lhasa. that's how i first heard the song. a great song to go clubing to.

oay and guys..one quick question.. whose better.

benassi bros.
dj tiesto
ATB
daft punk

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Milanista10 said:
that cyndi lauper right?
Nop, that's Belinda (from The Go-Go's).

Cindy Lauper is the girl that sings "Girls just wanna have fun" & "Time after time"

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
crazy4milan said:
Nop, that's Belinda (from The Go-Go's).

Cindy Lauper is the girl that sings "Girls just wanna have fun" & "Time after time"

oh..i figured it was cyndi b/c i read somewhere that she sang her own version of the song lmao :D

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
what are your opinions on reggaeton?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ I don't mind it. Just know some of the more hiphop influenced newer tracks though. Maybe you had something else in mind.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
On a serious note, a touchy piece from close people. Wanted to share :)

Translation:
Proud rose, in this life you are just a visitor.
Whether you're sad or whether you're partying, in the end you will have to leave.

You may have the world at your feet, so much money that you don't know what to do with it.
But when the earth calls you, you will have to go back home.

You can do all you want in this life, but do them at the right time.
And dont forget one thing, man, you are a mortal.

In the journey of my life, there were thorns and flowers.
Today my children walk in my footsteps, but they have a life without clouds.

God, if there's anything bad in this life, give it to me and not to them.
For them I have worked a lifetime, and I will work till I die.

-----

There's more, but I've only translated the stuff I liked with some help.

Night :)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
vani_pirlo_21 said:
what are your opinions on reggaeton?
I LOATHE it, with a passion. Nonsense such as "Looney Tunes", "La Gasolina" "Papichulo", whatever Don Omar does (never heard Daddy Yankee, and if I have I don't recognize him)....I'm forgetting the names, as I try to avoid it as much possible.

I have a friend that wrote about it in his Hi5, years ago. It expresses my feelings about the gender just perfectly, most of it is music with no sense, with a word with double meaning. Maybe it has gotten better (I haven't heard a complete reggaeton song since 2005), but they all have the same rhythem. And I'm very tolerant in this things, but reggaeton and its parents (A.K.A, what in here we used to know as reggae panameño:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XibYqpCrv_E and the raggamorfin style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWhr6iwHzt4) shouldn't be allowed to call themselves branches of reggae (Bob Marley doesn't deserve that!).

To redeem myself for putting those videos:

I just always feel liberated when I hear this song.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ I see what you mean. Bob's a legend whose message continues to live. But take a look at his children such Darmian + Julian, and you see the whole picture of modern commercial music. Same applies with hip-hop nowadays being far from what it's innovators envisioned it out to be ... like BIG featuring Bob in his latest album :rolleyes:
Like it or leave it, it's the truth ...

I wish for the day that every Zimbabwean hears this ...

... which is nearer than ever. This coming for a Zambian who's lived more than enough years with Zimbabweans treating us like shit ... such is the power of Bob's message.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just realized a very good band is yet to be mentioned in this thread - Mogwai. Really good music to listen alone...very deep(probably since it's instrumental). Probably the best Scottish band or what Tsar? Must listen tracks are
- Travel is Dangerous <-this one even has Lyrics (the sound quality of this video isn't really good)
- We're No Here <-also featured on Miami Vice soundtrack/film
- I Know You Are But What Am I?
- Auto Rock

And there are many yet to be discovered. Hopefully I'll soon get a chance to watch Zidane: 21-st Century Portrait to which they did a full soundtrack.

PS! About Muse it was also mentioned that Matthew has some ideas for the new album and they'll probably get their own label or something to get full freedom. Hiring a symphony orchestra is said to be given a thought too.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Jasper said:
I just realized a very good band is yet to be mentioned in this thread - Mogwai. Really good music to listen alone...very deep(probably since it's instrumental). Probably the best Scottish band or what Tsar? Must listen tracks are
- Travel is Dangerous <-this one even has Lyrics (the sound quality of this video isn't really good)
- We're No Here <-also featured on Miami Vice soundtrack/film
- I Know You Are But What Am I?
- Auto Rock

And there are many yet to be discovered. Hopefully I'll soon get a chance to watch Zidane: 21-st Century Portrait to which they did a full soundtrack.

PS! About Muse it was also mentioned that Matthew has some ideas for the new album and they'll probably get their own label or something to get full freedom. Hiring a symphony orchestra is said to be given a thought too.
Yeah! Mogwai. I watched the Zidane movie and was very impressed with the music. I did a bit of research and learned about the band although I must say I haven't reached that point of actually wanting to buy their CD. Probably if someone lend me theirs and I like what I hear I will buy it :D

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Well Jasper you'd certainly make a better music scout than me, I've never heard of them, (though I had seen the Zizou movie), and they are right under my nose! Sounds like good stuff, i'll listen to a bit more first before I cast judgement.

Nice to hear muse have something in the pipeline, full orchestra isn't a surprise after the last album, can't wait! Did you read this in an article that I can read?

Didn't see them at Wembley in the end, the dates were not the same as the time I could go to London, so missed out on the biggest gig ever - oh well, they are coming back to Aberdeen this year so i'll let them come to me.

Did you ever check out Bloc Party?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tsar said:
Well Jasper you'd certainly make a better music scout than me, I've never heard of them, (though I had seen the Zizou movie), and they are right under my nose! Sounds like good stuff, i'll listen to a bit more first before I cast judgement.

Nice to hear muse have something in the pipeline, full orchestra isn't a surprise after the last album, can't wait! Did you read this in an article that I can read?

Didn't see them at Wembley in the end, the dates were not the same as the time I could go to London, so missed out on the biggest gig ever - oh well, they are coming back to Aberdeen this year so i'll let them come to me.

Did you ever check out Bloc Party?

Bloc Party didn't really click with me.

The Muse new album and DVD thing was reported in www.muselive.com(or it's forums). Looked around there while getting the Glastonbury 2004 and Readin 2006 performances. At one point there even was a rumour they'd come to Tallinn, but the venue(yes there's probably only one place to held such concert) schedule was full or they just preferred Russia and Finland. And I rhink I missed the Finlands tickets...We'll see. If this obsession get's bigger I'll end up seeing them somewhere anyway.

To add the topic I've been trying to get the mumbling of Doherty at Babyshambles. Good to listen in a bohemian mood but otherwise lacks something.

Other than that some oldies have come up in the playlist - The Stranglers, The Animals and The Shadows. If you don't recognize the names just check youtube. I'm sure you know the tunes.

Oh, probably shouldn't say this out loud but I got myself Thiller also. Ended up a bad deal as "Beat It" is the only track I listen. Van Halen's riff just rocks it!

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, I know what you mean about Doherty, you need to be in an intelectual mood to listen, or rather decipher it. Which is ironic considering he's an idiot.

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
when i in highschool i am a big big big fan of korn and RATM, right now i also like old song disco-soul music. but i have little knowledge what band and group play that kind of music, i only knew "the real thing" and "earth,wind,&fire". perhaps guys can share an info.

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
I saw a video of Crazy Train played live by Ozzy...holy shit is all I have to say. It was one giantesque moshpit. they were crazy

which leads to this. we should have a sort of contest. each week we vote on 2 bands. for example, this week we do sabbath vs zeppelin. the band with most votes moves to the next round. the next week we do something like ACDC vs Guns N Roses, n the winner moves on etc. then we do the same thing in the second round etc..until we get to the final 2 bands :p

what you guys think, and if a mod can put a poll it would be great, instead of having to scroll through the pages for the counts :)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
I like the idea of the contest... sounds interesting

chelitalia

entre los dos
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rossoneri - Azzurri - Sheva - Rui Costa
hey guys, i'm looking for a spanish song Entre Los Dos by Octave One..
PM me if you have the song.. thanks

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
This new ash single really kicks ass!

Can't wait to buy the album. :)

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Can anyone give me like 11-12 feel good songs to download? I went on iTunes Store and discovered an unfinished gift card, so I want to spend it... When I say feel good I mean like Rick Astley, Donna Lewis (my favorite 90s song :D ), or Faith Hill... Those songs take me back and when I hear 'em I just feel happy...

So anyway, help a friend out!

PS- Don't say Coco Jambo San Paolo, I downloaded that song the minute you showed to all of us... You bastard...:tongue:

Schedule