Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Tbh if you watch the fight and judge based on damage then hendo clearly won.

"if"

the judges don't have just "damage" as their criteria.

i'm not saying that judges ALWAYS get it right... but 99% of the fights they get it right, based on what the rules say, and this was one of them.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
"if"

the judges don't have just "damage" as their criteria.

i'm not saying that judges ALWAYS get it right... but 99% of the fights they get it right, based on what the rules say, and this was one of them.

Oh 100% for sure bisping won the fight. I completely agree. I am just stating my opinion thats all. No doubt bisping won based on the rules of mma. However, i do think that the system is flawed.
As hendo claimed, bisping literally dint do any damage and utilized a point fighting approach like gsp. Hendo threw some bombs and nearly ko'd him. Bisping was rushed to the hospital right after the fight. Imo hendo won in truth but going by the rule book, bisping outsmarted him.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
or rather outworked him, hendo was just standing there the whole fight :lol:

i think much of the reason for bispings bad performance was mentally, he was so afraid of getting knocked out by that right hand again. would have been hilarious if it happened again. and btw, good job from him to manage to recover.

anyway... jacare, rockhold, romero, weidman and mousassi coming for him. he should have retired together with hendo :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh 100% for sure bisping won the fight. I completely agree. I am just stating my opinion thats all. No doubt bisping won based on the rules of mma. However, i do think that the system is flawed.
As hendo claimed, bisping literally dint do any damage and utilized a point fighting approach like gsp. Hendo threw some bombs and nearly ko'd him. Bisping was rushed to the hospital right after the fight. Imo hendo won in truth but going by the rule book, bisping outsmarted him.

If you look at it that way, yes.

But even from a holistic view or even just a damage point of view, Hendo would have lost and this is coming from a Hendo fan. Before the nut shot time out, Hendo was close to being done and although the shots from Bisping weren't going to knock him out, they were zapping his energy and he was physically taking a beating.

System is flawed, yes. But this fight did not show that. The second shot was significantly overstated compare to the one in the first round. Even so, you could tell Bisping was intelligently defending himself. If we are talking about flawed system, one half assed take down plus some half attempts at big shots in Round 5 won that round for Hendo in many people's eyes. That is flawed.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
or rather outworked him, hendo was just standing there the whole fight :lol:

i think much of the reason for bispings bad performance was mentally, he was so afraid of getting knocked out by that right hand again. would have been hilarious if it happened again. and btw, good job from him to manage to recover.

anyway... jacare, rockhold, romero, weidman and mousassi coming for him. he should have retired together with hendo :lol:

Good point about the mental aspect. I agree. That played a part in his poor performance. But credit should be given to bisping cause he recovered well.

My personal top 5 based on their level of ability in middleweight right now is;
1. Jacare
2. Rockhold
3. Romero
4. Mousasi
5. Weidman

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rumor: Tate breaks up with Caraway

Always thought he was kind of holding her back

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you look at it that way, yes.

But even from a holistic view or even just a damage point of view, Hendo would have lost and this is coming from a Hendo fan. Before the nut shot time out, Hendo was close to being done and although the shots from Bisping weren't going to knock him out, they were zapping his energy and he was physically taking a beating.

System is flawed, yes. But this fight did not show that. The second shot was significantly overstated compare to the one in the first round. Even so, you could tell Bisping was intelligently defending himself. If we are talking about flawed system, one half assed take down plus some half attempts at big shots in Round 5 won that round for Hendo in many people's eyes. That is flawed.

True. But who received more damage in your opinion overall? I mean bisping couldnt even attend tbe press conference. In his own words he said that hendo beat the crap out of him. Bisping won the fight no doubt but he definitely underperformed.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Rousey finally comes back on Dec 29th for the belt. I think she should rematch Holm but this will be fun to watch too. I wonder how she will come back after that devastating loss. I guess she has played enough Pokemon to get over her last fight.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
please, just don't curu :lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

Rousey finally comes back on Dec 29th for the belt. I think she should rematch Holm but this will be fun to watch too. I wonder how she will come back after that devastating loss. I guess she has played enough Pokemon to get over her last fight.

Not big on Rousey right now. I still think she has world class grappling skills but her mentality is weak and she is taking this fight because Amanda Nunes is perceived to be the easy fight.

She did everything she could to duck Cyborg (don't bring up weight because she was willing to fight Gina at 140 and even before posted she wanted to fight 140 at UFC while keeping her 135 title at SF). Then she took a "break" to not rematch Holly and started talking about fighting as soon as Holly lost.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dana White says if Ronda beats Nunes, her next fight is against Cyborg.

I'll shut up if that happens.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol::lol::lol:

Not big on Rousey right now. I still think she has world class grappling skills but her mentality is weak and she is taking this fight because Amanda Nunes is perceived to be the easy fight.

She did everything she could to duck Cyborg (don't bring up weight because she was willing to fight Gina at 140 and even before posted she wanted to fight 140 at UFC while keeping her 135 title at SF). Then she took a "break" to not rematch Holly and started talking about fighting as soon as Holly lost.

Yeah she seems like she doesn't handle adversity all that well. She should have been itching to get that one against Holm back, but instead she folded like laundry.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
whaaat? he actually said that?

cyborg's bee campaigning pretty hard for that fight lately.

imagine Ronda using this whole year working hard af on her stand up.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
why do people think Ronda gave up?

i see this situation: she had 3-4 really intensive years in the business... got knocked the fuck out, decided to take a break to get her motivation back. this is pretty normal.

it's another thing if she never comes back, but that was never an option afaik

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players

i see this situation: she had 3-4 really intensive years in the business... got knocked the fuck out, decided to take a break to get her motivation back. this is pretty normal.

The break isn't really the whole problem. I think how she handled the loss was not a good sign on how she handles adversity like that. Going from untouchable to taking a ass whooping like that really fucked with her. I never doubted she would come back I just didn't know how long it would be. And it's a big question mark how she will come back. She could come back more motivated and better than ever, or not the same. I won't be surprised with either.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
lTJcxZV.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I don't know how closely you followed the situation. I do believe she got caught up on business side of the things (movies, interviews, promos) and decided to take a break. She was vague about her comeback, until Miesha beat Holly. Almost immediately, she was talking about coming back and fighting Miesha.

Maybe she's spent all this time working on her stand up. But overall, her image is not that of a true champion for me.

If she's still with Edmund, more of the same. Expect more world class soundbites from Edmund :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
G$P blaming new owners for failed negotiations. Everyone is trying to get their "Connor McGregor" on.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Honestly, GSP is acting like he's jesus returning home or something.

The problem is probably monetary, and I understand if UFC doesn't want to upgrade his contract.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, GSP is acting like he's jesus returning home or something.

The problem is probably monetary, and I understand if UFC doesn't want to upgrade his contract.

It is for sure monetary.

“I truly believe that what we asked was totally reasonable,” St-Pierre said of his demands. “For me, it’s totally illogical that this fight didn’t happen in Toronto. We would have both been winners, we would have been winners on both sides, and now instead of that, we’re all losers, especially the fans. We’re all losers.”

“I believe if Lorenzo was still there, it would maybe be different,” he continued. “We were making a lot of progress when we were talking to Lorenzo, but when the new owners came, all the offers were off the table. It was a big step back and it was insulting.”

“It was more of a cooperative with Lorenzo. When we talked to the new owners, it was a totally different story. Everything was off the table.”

“I found it a little bit funny, to tell you the truth,” he told Ariel Helwani on the show. “I’m pretty confident, Ariel, that if I had gone and fought in Toronto, I would have sold out the Toronto stadium in a few minutes. I’m that confident. I’m sure the fans have not forgot about me, I’m sure it would have been a great success. I’m very disappointed in what happened.”

“I felt a bit like a yo-yo,” he said. “It took a lot of energy. That’s why I hired my lawyer, to free myself.

Thinks he can sell out in minutes hence wanted a big pay raise is my guess

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i don't know what the general opinion is, but do people really want him back that much?

i couldn't care less tbh

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i don't know what the general opinion is, but do people really want him back that much?

i couldn't care less tbh

I tend to agree. In terms of being "good" at the overall "game" - in a sense that scoring as much point while risking as little as possible through the use of range or leverage to control the opponent rather than finishing the opponent - GSP has already shown he is a master.

And since his KO loss to Serra, you see him go more and more towards this route rather than being aggressive and pushing for the finish. His last fight against Hendricks IMO he lost and he looked very timid.

His only incentive to come back is again a big pay check after witnessing the McGregory boom. In terms of fighting and bringing on good fights, I am afraid that is way in the past and I hardly doubt you will see GSP take more risk now that he thinks he can get more money.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I was interested in GSP vs Silva

cormier rumble is fine I guess, rumble winning would be the best thing for this boring lhw division even though I like cormier.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was interested in GSP vs Silva

cormier rumble is fine I guess, rumble winning would be the best thing for this boring lhw division even though I like cormier.

I agree with Cormier on this one

"if he doesn't knock me out, he can't beat me"

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Injury bug strikes again:fp:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I got this feeling that Mcgreggor will get knocked out or TKO vs Alvarez. :eek:

:(