Jose Mauri Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that sucks, had a feeling he can be better than Kuco. Like a more technical version

I think he hasn't learned how to use his size (lower center of gravity) towards his advantage yet.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Not all players are ready for Serie A at his age. He will turn into a decent player, but sure the fee paid to his agent to sign him has been a waste. He was not worth that money, he was not worth any money at all.

We should loan him to a serie B team, he needs to practice at that level, then maybe we can sell him a little higher than his current value (which is close to zero)

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
new mascherano

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
Honestly if his a bench player for Empoli that is a bad sign. I think it's incredibly frustrating to see a player of his talent doing that.

Bring him back into the fold, let him play against foddder teams next year and the odd cup and european honours. He needs to get used to playing with our team and I think Montella is the best coach for him.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Bring him back into the fold, let him play against fodder teams

Big no. We are already struggling to give playing time to Locatelli, which is younger and stronger. We are buying Kessie, same age, much stronger. We don't need him.

If it's about letting him play against fodder, then it would be even better giving him a full serie B season.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Morata: €8 million a season in part to be paid by image rights in China. [GdS]

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
Big no. We are already struggling to give playing time to Locatelli, which is younger and stronger. We are buying Kessie, same age, much stronger. We don't need him.

If it's about letting him play against fodder, then it would be even better giving him a full serie B season.

Yeah I was going based on our current squad :p

Well I wish him luck in his development and hope it works out for us.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bump. Good assists.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
he was actually pretty good today. 2 assists, he was all over the pitch and had a couple more good distributions.
good work

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Still real young, we'd be stupid to sell. Don't want to be doing another Aubameyang, Darmian, Sokratis ect case

dude

Banned
Reaction score
He really impressed me yesterday. I'm in favor of him staying.
We don't need old man Biglia with Mauri playing.

inb4 Le "Mauri is inexperienced we need somebody like Biglia who is "experienced" and can mentor him xD" posts
No, no we do not. Biglia is a waste of money and space and he's not that good.

Also Mauri is definitely better than Loca as Regista. Never saw Loca demonstrate a passing range like Mauri did yesterday.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He really impressed me yesterday. I'm in favor of him staying.
We don't need old man Biglia with Mauri playing.

inb4 Le "Mauri is inexperienced we need somebody like Biglia who is "experienced" and can mentor him xD" posts
No, no we do not. Biglia is a waste of money and space and he's not that good.

Also Mauri is definitely better than Loca as Regista. Never saw Loca demonstrate a passing range like Mauri did yesterday.

one game vs team from shitty league > full season in Serie A

:thumbsup:

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
This guy wasn't good enough to be a starter in an Empoli side that got relegated and people think he will take us to CL glory because of assists against Lugano?

dude

Banned
Reaction score
one game vs team from shitty league > full season in Serie A

:thumbsup:

If our only option is Biglia I would rather stick to Mauri who has more upside than him.
I'm cool with us getting a more accomplished player to play as a midfielder, but if you wanna buy someone then splash the cash for a top class midfielder and not for another overrated small-time Serie A player like Biglia.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
the thing is that biglia and mauri don't even play in the same position.
if we get biglia then it means that he will take montolivo's spot in the starting eleven.
nothing to do with mauri.

dude

Banned
Reaction score
This dude is bad defensively but I've noticed that he's quite decent when he's higher up in the pitch pulling off some good passes here and there.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
sell/loan immediately, I don't even want him as a reserve.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
the hype this guy got :fp: :lol:

couldn't even make it in the banter era

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If our only option is Biglia I would rather stick to Mauri who has more upside than him.
I'm cool with us getting a more accomplished player to play as a midfielder, but if you wanna buy someone then splash the cash for a top class midfielder and not for another overrated small-time Serie A player like Biglia.

ff4.png

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
he can stay i think, looks like he can play everywhere in midfield, good for depth and get some rest for first team players

Schedule