Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kaladzes goal scoring techniques are impressive, no doubt but still calling him to be Ballon D'Or is kinda exaggerating IMO

OK poor choice of words on ''few mistakes''. He made many mistakes. Still abates many mistakes are smalltime compared to kaladzes few FATAL mistakes

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Nevermind Niff Nuffs.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Can you guys stop overrating him ?Nothing more then a squad player .His not the future RB of Milan and if he is i feel sorry for Milan .

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Can you guys stop overrating him ?Nothing more then a squad player .His not the future RB of Milan and if he is i feel sorry for Milan .

eh.... he could be he's young and learning fast. It takes time..

That being said he's pretty error prone now, and claiming he was one of our best players in this or any match is just blind....

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Abate is a fairly decent player otherwise Spalletti wouldn't of harassed Milan over the summer for the player personally i would expect that Abate needs a couple more years to become a winger that we all aspire him to be. AZ is right in a milan team of old he would be a squad player and if Milan are going to get Krasic or Motta he will on the substitutes bench for sure.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Dont need Motta or Krasic for him to be on the bench.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
very true lol

btw anyone want a link for italy under 17 game 2-1 to italy now

M

MassterMark

if barca is 3× champion with Valdes, than we can be 5× champion with abate.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I also don't think that he is the future RB of Milan. But he's a young player with potential. One of our best youth products in a long long time. What I really like about him is that he can be used as a backup RB, backup RMF or backup Right winger . I don't think he's starting 11 material. But someone who is that versatile is always an asset to any team and as an emergency solution to play 3 positions in Leo's 4-3-3. He need to improve his crossing and defense a lot more, but at 22 he has time to do that. I'd still want a RB and Krasic. But Abate should be there in the squad and he will get plenty of chances to play cos of his versatility in a long season.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He SHOULDNT be milans future RB. Our admin should buy a real RB but seeing how far up his ass berlu shoved up all his money where fester cant seam to reach he may end up the best/only choice. Oddo is old. Hes performing rather well now but how long will keep it up?? Zamb is a disaster so neither of the 2 can be a long term solution if B&G once again buy nothing. We should hope for rafinha but hey, B aint digging the idea of spending right now. We wont win shit this season so leo can gamble with abate for a little longer and see if something good happens

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
everyones too quick on juddgement he's 22 and learning RB. Look at players like dani alves, maicon... they were very suspect defensively at his age and grew into it. Zambrotta also was a winger first cause of defense.....

i'm not saying he'll become any of those players but wingback is a tough position and takes time, he has all attributed plus incredible desire to be a great RB, you all wanted youth... now we have some, give him time to grow ffs

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I also don't think that he is the future RB of Milan. But he's a young player with potential. One of our best youth products in a long long time. What I really like about him is that he can be used as a backup RB, backup RMF or backup Right winger . I don't think he's starting 11 material. But someone who is that versatile is always an asset to any team and as an emergency solution to play 3 positions in Leo's 4-3-3. He need to improve his crossing and defense a lot more, but at 22 he has time to do that. I'd still want a RB and Krasic. But Abate should be there in the squad and he will get plenty of chances to play cos of his versatility in a long season.

Ultimately, thats where I see him being very useful for Milan. He can play anywhere on the right, and will have almost a Serginho affect if he develops well.

In order to do so, he's got to learn a bit of humility from the experienced ones in the team. I didn't like his attitude yesterday ... seems like starting for a club like Milan has gotten to his head.

A little more calm, a little more understanding, and especially, a lot more composure on the ball, and he'll be a useful player for Milan. At least, an effective utility player, if not a starting RB - which is where he seems most effective.

But right now, for the RB spot, Oddo > Abate.

EDIT: With Dinho being literally a waste of space sometimes, Leo should consider playing Abate as a RWF, moving Pato to the left. Could be just what we need to light a fire under Dinho's ass.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
In most of the games he plays, he usually does reckless fouls, so surely he needs a lot to improve to become a decent defender when he is playing as a RB (though I prefer him as a RW, and think he'll be 100x more useful playing in the final third, and maybe even his crossing-that was good but not with us, like usual-will improve).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
In most of the games he plays, he usually does reckless fouls, so surely he needs a lot to improve to become a decent defender when he is playing as a RB (though I prefer him as a RW, and think he'll be 100x more useful playing in the final third, and maybe even his crossing-that was good but not with us, like usual-will improve).

yeah but when he's played higher up he's had alot more problems getting his crosses off cause he's not skilled enough to make a move.....

as a fullback he makes overlapping late runs which r less defended and he can send free crosses in.

I think he has hope@rb, but it will take a while...

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Its worth a shot simply because we have no one else who can replace Dinho on the left apart from Pato. We could have tried Janku, but he's out.

For now, Leo should at least consider:

------------------- Bori

Pato ------------ Clarence ---------- Abate

Thats quite some pace down the flanks.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
yeah but when he's played higher up he's had alot more problems getting his crosses off cause he's not skilled enough to make a move.....

as a fullback he makes overlapping late runs which r less defended and he can send free crosses in.

I think he has hope@rb, but it will take a while...

since in either position it seems he has stuff to learn...why shouldn't he learn the skills to make him a better forward?

i'm more confident having one less-skilled offensive player than one less-skilled defensive player...especially after what happened at the 90 minute mark yesterday

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
since in either position it seems he has stuff to learn...why shouldn't he learn the skills to make him a better forward?

i'm more confident having one less-skilled offensive player than one less-skilled defensive player...especially after what happened at the 90 minute mark yesterday

i think its easier to teach a 22 year old who works hard and has an italian mentality defensive position, than try to become more skilled.....

besides in todays modern football FB's need to be able to move forward and cross.... no one plays a flat 4 anymore w/ fb's who just sit

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
he deserve to be on the team.. for his spirit, nothing else more. Great potential to be next little motor on our midfield.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
The youngster with a fiery heart. No trillions spent ... yet plays with more heart than any Madrid Merda ...

Forza ABATE!!!!!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
TURNING POINT MATCH http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=93427
THE 11/5/2009 5:19:00 PM

Milan's change, from the self-esteem level and results, started with the win obtained in games against important teams. It's today's analysis at Milanello of Ignazio Abate.

MILANELLO - Before today's training, Ignazio Abate spoke to Milan Channel about the team's situation. First he spoke about himself: "Now I'm fine," he said. "I'm recovering from the injury to the ankle which I picked up against Roma. I was hoping to return sooner after healing, but instead I'm training regularly only now since the injury was of a certain importance." Then Milan: "We're inside a cycle of important games, we got positive responses from our games, if we succeed to conserve this level of quality and this will, we can fight for important targets. What do we owe our turn point? We were good and lucky to coincide important results, especially the wins against Roma and Real, against important opponents. I think that it was this that made the difference, also because it's true that we did not start the season well, but during our weeks of work we had always worked a lot and well. Now the results are arriving." The last two topics faced were the goalkeepers and the next Roma game against Lazio: "Our goalkeepers are all very good and they are all reaching their best condition. In particular, with regards to Dida, I say that the mistakes which happened to him in Madrid are made by everyone, only that when it happens to a goalkeeper there's no team-mate who can make up for it. But Nelson proved straight away, in that same game and the one after, that he is still a great goalkeeper. We have in squad other great goalkeepers and our coach will surely know how to choose in the best way. Lazio? We must go to the Olimpico to try and bring home the three points. We're fine. We're playing good football, we want to improve further our league position. Maybe Lazio are not in their best moment, but on the pitch the teams go on to give their best, they will do so, but even we will do so."

Forza Abate

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
happy birthday abate!!!!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made today at Milanello by Ignazio Abate, exclusively to Milan Channel's microphones:

Ignazio, first of all happy 23rd birthday.
"Thank you! It seems yesterday that I started playing at Napoli, but time passes for me as well, however I am still young! In these years I had my experiences travelling around Italy, I'm happy about everything I've done because many of them helped me improve and mature. The most important thing, now, is to have returned here at Milanello and to wear this shirt, finally."

There's been a lot of talk of rejuvenation at Milan.
"There's a lot of talk about buying new players. I don't want this team to be underestimated, it's an important group with important values. We are showing it and we hope to continue on this road."

With Ronaldinho you have a great relationship.
"He really is a very nice lad, he has a good heart, and he's very sociable, we talk a lot. He's doing well and we hope he continues like this and continues improving because he's one of those players who, if he's doing well, is able to win games on his own."

Did you need this league break?
"Yes, I needed it because playing for four weeks every Sunday and Wednesday isn't easy. We needed to recover energies and working physically is good for us. Now we are recharging our batteries and we hope to have more good weeks like the past ones.
When the league resumes we have an important block of games, we'll have to continue trying to reduce the distance from the top teams and as for the league we can still do it. The journey is long, you need consistency and we have to lose as few points as possible."
acmilan.com

Happy Birthday Ignazio!

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
buon compleanno ignazio. leo, start him at RB in serie A from now on. Oddo should start CL tho, for some reason Oddo has been great in CL... letss keep it up!

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
HP man! keep up da good work.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Happy berfday Nazio!