Italian Football Thread III

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you think this was the miss of the season check out Correa's miss vs Inter from a few weeks ago..
If it was us instead of Merda, both Correa and Destro would have scored. That's just how unlucky we are and how lucky Merda are. Of course being shit in general counts too, but Merda are just as shit as us when I watch them play. They don't deserve half the points they got so far.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and imagine a year ago some of the commoders put their hopes in destro to bring milan back to glory:fp:
Galliani disgraced himself and waited outside his house like a bitch for Destro to let him in.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Destro what a useless piece of shit, to think we were close to sign him for 16 mil euro :lol: :lol:

looking forward to see bologna in Serie B next season :thumbsup:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Avoid italian players at all costs, unless u are really sure about the quality-romagnoli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Destro repaid his debt to Inter.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
If it was us instead of Merda, both Correa and Destro would have scored. That's just how unlucky we are and how lucky Merda are. Of course being shit in general counts too, but Merda are just as shit as us when I watch them play. They don't deserve half the points they got so far.

:lol: so true hahaha. Inter are still better than us. As a team and in terms of individual quality. Thanks to quaresma

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
although inter struggles to create chances, their defense its pretty good, and they still got jovetic who is pretty good

He is not just pretty good. I rate him a lot higher than bacca. Jovetic in form would easily be the best striker in serie a. His only problem is injuries.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No way. Hugely overrating Jovetic.

And no way are Inter stronger than us individually.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
According to Ash Inters defence is so amazing that it made Destro miss that

oh ash

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
:lol: so true hahaha. Inter are still better than us. As a team and in terms of individual quality. Thanks to quaresma

If Kondogbia isn't careful he could become serie as very own Andy Carroll :lol:

One very expensive mistake.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No way. Hugely overrating Jovetic.

And no way are Inter stronger than us individually.

Better defense
Better midfield
Equally good attack.
Look better overall to me.
The only thing thats holding them back is shitcini.

Jovetic can literally do everything bacca can and in addition, he can create chances because he has exquisite playmaking qualities. He is deadly from dead ball situations as well and can operate with limited service from midfield. Sounds like a better player to me.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
[/B]
If Kondogbia isn't careful he could become serie as very own Andy Carroll :lol:

One very expensive mistake.

We paid 20 mil for bertylfodder though? So... we cant really talk.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Swagger 20 is about the going rate for any half decent player on the modern game

But 40m lelz

Plus when it comes time to sell, he'll only go for 15m

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Better defense
Better midfield
Equally good attack.
Look better overall to me.
The only thing thats holding them back is shitcini.

Jovetic can literally do everything bacca can and in addition, he can create chances because he has exquisite playmaking qualities. He is deadly from dead ball situations as well and can operate with limited service from midfield. Sounds like a better player to me.

Individual isn't using zones.

Our best team, on paper, is superior to theirs.

I'm not talking about Bacca. I'd take Bacca and Higuain over him, probably Morata too.

I think Jovetic is good but he's far too much of a risk when considering his injury past. I mean look at Giuseppe Rossi. Talented, sure, but injury prone as all holy hell.

Putting their injury risk into the equation, I'd take Bacca, Morata and Higuain over him.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Injury aside jojo is a top player

Too bad he flopped in the epl tho

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Jovetic flopped in EPL. There were simply better players than him available at that filthy rich club. The times he played, he did well as far as am aware. He would've been of better use to Southampton, Tottenham or Liverpool at that time.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Jovetic flopped in EPL. There were simply better players than him available at that filthy rich club. The times he played, he did well as far as am aware. He would've been of better use to Southampton, Tottenham or Liverpool at that time.

Jesus Christ, i've said the exact same thing to him and he still thinks he flopped. If he ever managed to stay fit he would be a starter, that was his only problem at city. I betcha i can go through their forum and find that as their only legitimate concern.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Swagger 20 is about the going rate for any half decent player on the modern game

But 40m lelz

Plus when it comes time to sell, he'll only go for 15m

not really. we missed out on khedira for free. yea he got injured but quaresma gifted quaresma to his true love, juventus. we missed out on imbula who was available for under 15 mil.
song was available for under 15 mil last season.
perreyra was available for 14 mil.
fucking carasco was available for 15 mil.
Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea City) ?8m
Dusan Tadic (Southampton) ?10.9m

would have spent 27 mil on fabregas instead of 20 mil for bertolacci
also we missed out on pedro obiang
andre ayew was free
jordy classie
wijnadlum

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jojo had good stats as far as i remember. No city fan really criticized him. He did well whenever he got a chance to display his immense talent. Had it not been injuries, he would have partnered aguero in most games.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, i've said the exact same thing to him and he still thinks he flopped. If he ever managed to stay fit he would be a starter, that was his only problem at city. I betcha i can go through their forum and find that as their only legitimate concern.

His last season at City Jovetic was fully fit. When City preferred to give Bony Jovetic's CL spot it talks a lot about both Jovetic and City.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bony has under performed massively.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
His last season at City Jovetic was fully fit. When City preferred to give Bony Jovetic's CL spot it talks a lot about both Jovetic and City.

True, but I think it says more about City than Jovetic. They got rid of Jovetic and Dzeko and replaced them with Bony & Iheanacho! Clearly Pellegrini is more interested in playing with 1 striker and an AM + two wingers (Sterling - Silva - De Bruyne). Its tactical more than anything else.

Apart from injuries, the main problem Jovetic faced at City was Aguero. Jojo is a very good forward, but not even close to Aguero in quality. Most times City played with a 2nd striker, they preferred a finisher to complement Aguero. Whenever Jojo played, he did well - just not as well as Aguero.

That said, Jojo is the only bright spark in our (Inter's) attack so far. Perisic is far from the form he showed at Wolfsburg, Icardi looks short of confidence and Ljajic hasn't been given enough chances due to a poor work ethic in training. But its early days, so many new players, it will take time to gel. As long as we keep picking points and keep our defense organised, it buys more time for the team to get their act together.

Last edited:

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
not really. we missed out on khedira for free. yea he got injured but quaresma gifted quaresma to his true love, juventus. we missed out on imbula who was available for under 15 mil.
song was available for under 15 mil last season.
perreyra was available for 14 mil.
fucking carasco was available for 15 mil.
Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea City) ?8m
Dusan Tadic (Southampton) ?10.9m

would have spent 27 mil on fabregas instead of 20 mil for bertolacci
also we missed out on pedro obiang
andre ayew was free
jordy classie
wijnadlum

Allan too man. Allan is easily one of the best midfielder's in Serie A, and a big part in improving Napoli's defence. He's also contributing in goals. Allan alone has done better than Bertolacci+Kondogbia combined. Guy is a beast player, and bought for cheap too.

Every player needs time though, especially when moving from a different league.

Felipe Anderson for example, his first season at Lazio he hardly played and was not good when he did. If he was at Inter/Milan, they would've sold him for 2 million the season after. Lazio were patient, and now they can sell him for 50 million+.

My outlook is players coming from a different league should always be given more than 1 season, unless they are pure fodders or old.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Higuain is the best striker in the league, no one comes close

I don't care if he missed a few penalties or choked for Argentina in the WC, Higuain is amazing. Hopefully Sarri manages to help him grow even more because he has the potential to be the best :thumbsup:

Schedule