The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 02-02-2019, 13:24   #221
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
At his absolute best Shevchenko scored 9 goals in a season for Milan in UCL.

People score 9 goals in group stages these days.

The standards are just higher.

Kaka' prime is the only one that can stake a claim to being a balon d'or top 3 today.

Plus i'll wait till the season ends and the balon d'or list comes out end of 2019 before I make a call.

As far as 2018 goes he would be 8th or 9th. Below Varane.
Decent troll attempt.

5/10

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:30   #222
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Not really

Quote:

what makes you think he wouldn't ?

you can't compare the stats of players across generations, you have to look at how they played. young sheva was relentless. kane is considered a top 10 balon d'or player and the only thing he's better at than sheva is passing

Quote:

Kaka' prime is the only one that can stake a claim to being a balon d'or top 3 today.
is there any currently active player that has Kaka's combo of pace, passing and shooting ?

since balon d'or takes into account the player's team performance, I have no doubt that a CL winning team lead by Sheva would result in sheva winning it and a CL winning team lead by Kaka would result in Kaka winning it. And both would be capable of leading teams to a win.

Quote:
if varane played in the early 2000s he wouldn't even dream of making the shortlist
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:39   #223
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:

Plus i'll wait till the season ends and the balon d'or list comes out end of 2019 before I make a call.

competition was harder back then. Better defenders. who are the best defenders right now again?
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:40   #224
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post

you can't compare the stats of players across generations, you have to look at how they played. young sheva was relentless. kane is considered a top 10 balon d'or player and the only thing he's better at than sheva is passing

is there any currently active player that has Kaka's combo of pace, passing and shooting ?

since balon d'or takes into account the player's team performance, I have no doubt that a CL winning team lead by Sheva would result in sheva winning it and a CL winning team lead by Kaka would result in Kaka winning it. And both would be capable of leading teams to a win.

if varane played in the early 2000s he wouldn't even dream of making the shortlist
kaka and rpnaldinho in their absolute peak condition wer3 easily as good as messi and ronaldo.
Old 02-02-2019, 13:49   #225
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
kaka and rpnaldinho in their absolute peak condition wer3 easily as good as messi and ronaldo.

Messi at his peak was a god.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
For those who were waiting, i upload another song of mine

I think it's the best love song ever recorded in term of melody, vocal expressionism, guitar rhythm and poetry

https://clyp.it/t5xgcose?token=9182c...9f95955a0c52cb
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:50   #226
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:

Most top strikers are relentless these days. Back then it was an outlier, today it is the norm. From Suarez to Mandzukic, doesn't matter the age or physical structure, high output is the norm.

On that note, I looked at the actual list from last year. With due respect Sheva never had seasons like the top 7 on it. Messi was 5th and Shevchenko never had a season like the last 10 years Messi has produced.

Quote:
There are a few but Kaka would be able to compete with them toe to toe. Garreth Bale would be in the same category. Unfortunately, he is usually out injured but he has completely changed madrid's fortune after arrival. Goal or assist in 3/4 finals they have played plus consistent big game player. Took wales to semis of euros etc etc. Beautiful player.

Quote:

if varane played in the early 2000s he wouldn't even dream of making thet shortlist
Since balon d'or takes into account team performance, a guy winning 3 UCL in a row and a world cup as the integral part of both central defenses would probably make the list.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the balon d'or was given to a defender whose only accomplishments were a few good world cup games. His club accomplishment was relegation.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:51   #227
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
competition was harder back then. Better defenders. who are the best defenders right now again?
Shevchenko scored plenty of goals against Turkish hamrolls in Europe.

Too bad he didnt score in Turkey when we actually wanted him to.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:51   #228
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Messi at his peak was a god.
Not even top 3.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 13:58   #229
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
Not even top 3.
Seriously, Messi scored 90+ goals in all official games in 2012. I know Iniesta played a big role on that, but still he was just too good for everyone else.

Dinho's was more powerful, technically gifted and more likely to decide a game with a solo against 11 opponents trying to defend, but Messi was the better team player and produced more than twice his ouput.

Signature
Quote:

I think it's the best love song ever recorded in term of melody, vocal expressionism, guitar rhythm and poetry

Old 02-02-2019, 14:08   #230
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Since we are dicussing Sheva, Dinho, Messi, Cavani, Suarez, etc. in the thread of Piatek, i might propose some other topics.

1) Luiz Adriano, Carlos Bacca, Andrč Silva, Nikola Kalinic, what were their main features, skills and weaknesses
2) Taarabt, Balotelli, Menez, who would you have back
3) Overrated bands in the history of british pop-rock, from Beatles to Radiohead

Signature
Quote:

Old 02-02-2019, 14:16   #231
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Not really

who cares
menez
queen were average af
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 14:28   #232
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini SD

Quote:
As good as Ronaldo sure.

Not as good as Messi tho.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
Hugh Janus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 14:46   #233
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Seriously, Messi scored 90+ goals in all official games in 2012. I know Iniesta played a big role on that, but still he was just too good for everyone else.

Dinho's was more powerful, technically gifted and more likely to decide a game with a solo against 11 opponents trying to defend, but Messi was the better team player and produced more than twice his ouput.
cause he had great players around him to make him look better than he really is. His real ability shows when he plays for Argentina. Ronaldo has proved himself more than messi rofl. ronaldo has been a champion everywhere. He is still obviously one of the GOATs but it's more due to his consistency. In terms of ability at their absolute peaks, ronaldinho was better imo. Kaka was on par because he carried an ageing milan side all by himself.
Old 02-02-2019, 15:38   #234
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
queen were average af
Beatles were hardly musicians
Queen, U2, Smiths, Coldplay, Aphex Twin, Radiohead, etc. were all average
Led Zeppelin were an imprssive set of talents, but not exactly a creative force
Eric Clapton was even less inspired
The Dark Side of The Moon ranks among the most outrageous insults to the culture of the 20th century

Signature
Quote:

Old 02-02-2019, 15:39   #235
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:

Qaas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 16:12   #236
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
The Dark Side of The Moon ranks among the most outrageous insults to the culture of the 20th century
My whole life is a lie

Thank you for opening my eyes

Signature
Quote:
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 16:16   #237
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Quote:
I think only Mr Milanista loves Coldplay...

Who do you actually like then?

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 17:00   #238
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Who do you actually like then?
since i was talking about UK, here are alphabetically, some UK albums that i like:

Add N to (X) - On the Wires of Our Nerves
Clash - Clash
Current 93 - Nature Unveiled
Fred Frith - Speechless
Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido
Julian Cope - Fried
Mark Stewart - Learning to Cope With Cowardice
Orb - U.F.Orb
Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
Public Image Ltd - Metal Box
Roxy Music - Roxy Music
Soft Machine - Third
Third Ear Band - Alchemy
Throbbing Gristle - Second Annual Report
Van Morrison - Moondance
Yes - Fragile

some of my favourite songs from musicians that failed to release an album which made into my favourites

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead
Davy Graham - Sunshine Raga
Legendary Pink Dots - Waiting For The Cloud
Pentangle - Hunting Song
Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
Slits - Typical Girls
Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Signature
Quote:

Last edited by Birsaforever; 02-02-2019 at 20:44.
Old 02-02-2019, 17:55   #239
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:

Amazing record, Pink Floyd is the shit.
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 19:26   #240
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post

Amazing record, Pink Floyd is the shit.
amazing performance of sound engineer Alan Parson

I understand that someone who has no clue of what has been recorded in the world between 1965 and 1974 might get impressed from that record, especially if his taste are really into soft-rock with a futuristic production (because such listener would find hard to recognize at his first listen that for example, Soft Machine's "Third", or Terry Riley's "Rainbow In Curved Air" are so much greater that they are not comparable, and he's unlikely make such effort to undestand them because the marketing campaing of "The Dark Side Of The Moon" made him believe he have already discovered "the shit".

Signature
Quote:

Last edited by Birsaforever; 02-02-2019 at 19:29.