720 times!

reenpmaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI
WOW! This milan-juve match will mark 720 times for Paolo!
That's excellant!!!
I feel proud!!! Go Paolo!!!
FORZA PAOLO! :D
Ain't that great?

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
It sure is, does anyone know how many Costacurta has played.. Close to 400 im guessing.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Yes Paolo is great a true legend!But I read now that he is out of the Footballer of the year award!!!They say that he doesn't have much chance!!They say that Zidane and Nedved are the favourites.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What the hell..Baresi should've won it..and now even Paolo is getting overlooked?? That's so unfair..defenders are somehow disadvantaged by those of power to decide who wins Ballon d'Or...

Anyway..i'm sure Billy has amassed more than 400..close to 550 is my guess..not sure though...

Maldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Old Man
Edi said:
They say that he doesn't have much chance!!They say that Zidane and Nedved are the favourites.

read what he said again , n relax yourself

However, one of the writers at French newspaper France Football gives a rather different insiders¡¦ view.

Insider's ? sounds fun :D

The race for this award will be a head to head battle between Nedved and Zinedine Zidane,¡¨ Xavier Barret told Tutto sport.

Maldini cannot be given the trophy for what he has done in his career, as the voting concentrates only on what the candidates have done between January 1 and November 30 2003.¡¨

did u happen to watch a football matchin this period of time mister ?

Nedved missed out on the Champions¡¦ League Final due to a ban, but despite eliminating Real Madrid in the semi¡¦s he could be beaten by Zidane in the voting.
:eek: Nedved is not great enuf when being the key factor for Juventus eliminating that so-called star galaxy team ?

¡§Zidane won the Spanish Liga with Madrid , reached the Champions¡¦ League semi-finals and is the leader of the French national side that won all its qualifying matches this year, ¨ insisted the France Football representative.

Spanish La Liga :D Cl semi-finals :D n the qualifying matches :D

Here they go again , make judgment based on names only , the football world is so empty without a Real Madrid player being a champion...Real Madrid rules ! ! !

-------------------
i will be very happy if Maldini wins this , he made a such a fantastic bounce back after how much ppl bashing him since the WC along with Nesta , the best duo central defense of the world ,but Maldini can't be that great without Nesta , neither can Nesta .. being a defender never gives the players enuf respect u deserve , i am fine with that ..

But Nedved he did have an outstanding season last year , u can say Nedved n Buffon led Juventus to the final...well done job for his national team too , but the things that might make him miss this year award is that the Czech NT isn't a big one to name , (compared to te reigning Euro champion for example :D ) n how dare you compare Juventus to Real Madrid? They are the best team in the world , the CL title is nothing if they don't win it ( :D )

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well what to say player's like paolo born once on a decade. it will take a long time for milan to find a truly great legend like paolo. let's hope that the little christian can promise something for the future.

FORZA MALDINI :devilfir:

azira

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maldini3 said:
Edi said:
They say that he doesn't have much chance!!They say that Zidane and Nedved are the favourites.

read what he said again , n relax yourself

However, one of the writers at French newspaper France Football gives a rather different insiders¡¦ view.

Insider's ? sounds fun :D

The race for this award will be a head to head battle between Nedved and Zinedine Zidane,¡¨ Xavier Barret told Tutto sport.

Maldini cannot be given the trophy for what he has done in his career, as the voting concentrates only on what the candidates have done between January 1 and November 30 2003.¡¨

did u happen to watch a football matchin this period of time mister ?

Nedved missed out on the Champions¡¦ League Final due to a ban, but despite eliminating Real Madrid in the semi¡¦s he could be beaten by Zidane in the voting.
:eek: Nedved is not great enuf when being the key factor for Juventus eliminating that so-called star galaxy team ?

¡§Zidane won the Spanish Liga with Madrid , reached the Champions¡¦ League semi-finals and is the leader of the French national side that won all its qualifying matches this year, ¨ insisted the France Football representative.

Spanish La Liga :D Cl semi-finals :D n the qualifying matches :D

Here they go again , make judgment based on names only , the football world is so empty without a Real Madrid player being a champion...Real Madrid rules ! ! !

-------------------
i will be very happy if Maldini wins this , he made a such a fantastic bounce back after how much ppl bashing him since the WC along with Nesta , the best duo central defense of the world ,but Maldini can't be that great without Nesta , neither can Nesta .. being a defender never gives the players enuf respect u deserve , i am fine with that ..

But Nedved he did have an outstanding season last year , u can say Nedved n Buffon led Juventus to the final...well done job for his national team too , but the things that might make him miss this year award is that the Czech NT isn't a big one to name , (compared to te reigning Euro champion for example :D ) n how dare you compare Juventus to Real Madrid? They are the best team in the world , the CL title is nothing if they don't win it ( :D )

maldin3 defends it all.. :tongue: :tongue:

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Paolo should get a place in the list of 50 best soccer players of all time!
Defenders dont score, they r doing the dirty work for midfielders who lost the ball in midfield or attack
the media are more into goalscoring machines like Raul, Henry all that strikers, also midfielders like Nedved and Zidane and Beckham...
so on
its hard but the attackers get more love from the media

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
THX 2 PAOLO FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT WONDERFUL PERFECT JOB LIKE U DID!!!
I HOPE HE WILL ENJOY LIFE AFTER RETIREMENT AND STAY AT MILAN MAYBE A FUNCTION AS A ASSISTANT COACH OR COACH FOR THE U21 SQUAD
IT WAS MORE THAN AMAZING TO WATCH ALMOST HIS WHOLE CAREER, HE WAS BEEN AT SOME WORLD CHAMPIOSHIPS
HIS CAREER WAS FANTASTIC, BUT A WC TROPHYS MISSING IN HIS LIST!
HIS LOYALITY TO THE CLUB SHOULD BE HONORED!!!
BUT HE SHOULD RETIRE IF HES FEELING THE GAME HAS CHANGED TOO MUCH...
IF I THINK AT HIS RETIREMENT AT LIL TEAR ROLLING DOWN MY CHEEK :cry:

WE LOVVVVVEEE UUU AAALLLLLL PAAOOOLLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What does a guy have to do to win the Golden Ball? Hasn't Maldini done enough? COME ON! Give him the damn thing.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
No doubt who's TRULY deserving it more then any other player on this planet: PAOLO MALDINI !!!

I meen, c'mon you french shi*heads, give the damn price to the right man!

:devilsmo: !!!!!WE LOVE YOU PAOLO!!!!!:devilsmo:

reenpmaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI
I agree I agree....
Paolo has every right to win it...it's his birth right!!!!
But it's diff...I think the attackers and midfielders are the favs... :mad:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
As long as people blindly worship clubs like Real Madrid and Juventus, and as Milan continues to be under-rated and under-valued, we are unlikely to see our players get these awards.

Baresi should have won it, Paolo should win it.. but its unlikely to happen. There is too much bias in football hierachy toward Manchester Utd, Juventus and Real Madrid for Milan players to get a fair chance. Look at this years "front runners" - Nedved & Zidane. Nedved should be there but i don't know about Zidane. Maldini was almost perfect last season as player and captain, taking Milan to the CL and Coppa titles. But since he is not a galactico, then his odd's aren't as great :rolleyes:

Here in Australia especially you can sense the favouritism toward Juventus/Real Madrid/Man U. Even though IMO we have the most stylish and attractive team in football, and proved our quality by winning the CL, people who think they know football but really know nothing will continue to be sucked in by the merchandising and 'star' capacity of Man U and R.Madrid, and it seems that, those in "authority" in World Football, seem to have the same outlook..

So even though San Paolo deserves the award above anyone, the fact he is a) a defender and b) plays for Milan (and not a "brand name" like Real Madrid or Manchester Utd), may disadvantage him. The injustice in world football is saddening.. :head:

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes... 720 and still counting...

I read in the milan website that they sell maldini shirt with number 720 completed with team signature in the number... is it for sale or for auction??

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Congrats Maldini! Is this the all time record or only from AC Milan?

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Er..i'm not sure..i guess it is some record..otherwise there would be no big hoohaa over Paolo's 720th game...

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seriously, what has Zeidan does this year? Nedved I understand, but Zeidan is not a good choice at all. The French want to give it to their own guy. I think another guy considered in this thing should be Rudd Van Nistelrooy. The guy scored more than 40 goals. So, here's the list:
1. Maldini
2. Van Nistelrooy
3. Nedved

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ZEIDAN??? = ZIDANE!!!
Please no french player they were disappointing during world cup 2002
even Zidane, Vieira, Henry, Trezequet, Lizarazu .....many more couldnt help France to past the Group games.... no french player ok???

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
MookyRookie said:
ZEIDAN??? = ZIDANE!!!
Please no french player they were disappointing during world cup 2002
even Zidane, Vieira, Henry, Trezequet, Lizarazu .....many more couldnt help France to past the Group games.... no french player ok???

How do you judge players?
World cups?
Then Italians,Argentinians,Portugese and Uruguyans had a poor campaign too.
:D

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well the French had a superb Euro 2004 qualifying campaign..and Zidane..although very much low profile now at Real Madrid..is forever one of the most gifted footballers on the planet......

Schedule