Mark van Bommel Thread

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
I also wouldn't say I dislike him but just after all this talk we have realistc chance that our 3DM will be Pirlo/Van Bommel - Ambro - Gattuso with Dorf still playing minutes in CAM while we have Prince, Flamini, Strasser and Merkel being left out.
If that line up will become a standard(big chance) I will just find another hobby and wait till Galliani rolls over.

Our youngest, still not developped player is 24 that is more than Messi for Christ sake.

Their names are Strasser/Merkel, respect

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Their names are Strasser/Merkel, respect

Respect?
Abate is our youngest regular player.
Are you stoned? Few games Strasser and Merkel get. Every team around the world does it all the time. It just so amazing at Milan, almost celebrated like a miracle.
Check Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U etc match squads every time the play bottom team or a league cup.

What is Van Bommel bringing better than kids(i anyone actually praising him watched him reguralry last couple seasons): experience and fighting spirit but also only on a good day for a while now - we have whole midfield like that.

Last edited:

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Respect?
Abate is our youngest regular player.
Are you stoned? Few games Strasser and Merkel get. Every team around the world does it all the time. It just so amazing at Milan, almost celebrated like a miracle.
Check Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U etc match squads every time the play bottom team or a league cup.

Why are you here them? Go support Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why
Only because you are fine in bringing has been midfielder while scrifacing talented players again. Which meant to change this season after years of buying Emersons Zambrotas etc?
If you like it so much you do know that we also field all star retired team each year, don't you?
Maybe you should subscribe!

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why
Only because you are fine in bringing has been midfielder while scrifacing talented players again. Which meant to change this season after years of buying Emersons Zambrotas etc?
If you like it so much you do know that we also field all star retired team each year, don't you?
Maybe you should subscribe!

I'm sorry but I cant understand what your typing...

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
I also wouldn't say I dislike him but just after all this talk we have realistc chance that our 3DM will be Pirlo/Van Bommel - Ambro - Gattuso with Dorf still playing minutes in CAM while we have Prince, Flamini, Strasser and Merkel being left out.
If that line up will become a standard(big chance) I will just find another hobby and wait till Galliani rolls over.

Our youngest, still not developped player is 24 that is more than Messi for Christ sake.

That is if you don't count Pato who's 21.

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Those who wanna see Ambrosini and Gattuso play mustn't mind Van Bommel.

Come on, just look at Ambrosini. I've never seen a more ridiculous big club captain. The only thing which provides his captaincy is the fact that he's a long-time Milanista, that's about it. It's even a disgrace.

I'd rather see Van Bommel here for 18 months than Ambrosini or Gattuso. I appreciate Gattuso for his contributions in the past, but he's so heavily bad when it comes to offensive playing that it's already painful to watch.

Van Bommel clearly isn't past it, he was one of the best players last year. There are some players who don't get worse in their thirties and Van Bommel is one of them. That can't be said about Ambrosini since he never reached something like a peak at all, he wasn't even a starter in his twenties. I really feel miserable when I read his name in the lineup. A player shouldn't be loved, never mind be the club's captain, just because he's a long-time Milanista. Get over it.

So: Having Van Bommel for 18 months >>>>>>> renewing Ambrosini's contract

Remember: I don't like Van Bommel.

Last edited:

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well it is really hard to discuss anything with a guy with whole knowledge based on goal.com

68256248.png

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The meeting between Raiola and Bayern will commence at 10.00 CET.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Come on, just look at Ambrosini. I've never seen a more ridiculous big club captain. The only thing which provides his captaincy is the fact that he's a long-time Milanista, that's about it. It's even a disgrace.

Really? What about the superstars with shit attitudes who sulk periodically and continually undermine coaches?

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Okay, so what did Ambrosini do over the years to deserve the captaincy of a club like Milan?

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Okay, so what did Ambrosini do over the years to deserve the captaincy of a club like Milan?

being respected by his teammates, off the pitch influence??? approved by previous captains? come on, captaincy doesn't always been given to skillful players, I mean was Ronaldo (the real one) captained Brazil??

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
get him, put him as a DMF, give Pirlo roaming rights further forward, hack down anyone that comes his way, play vB, Pirlo, Boateng midfield.

hopefully he will turn round like cassano and make milan his home

kob93

Primavera
Reaction score
hmm, i wonder if this is good or bad, though i feel he wont mess up the team chemistry, i just wonder how were going to setup our team now

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Leads by example - shows exemplary commitment and work rate, and a willingness to take responsibility and attempt (as far as his obvious limitations will allow) to drive the team forward. None of that makes him Baresi or Maldini, but not every captain can be a god.

If you take their natural talent with a ball out of the equation, what special qualities do the likes of Del Piero or Totti bring to captaincy? Totti is a local boy with a strong connection to the fans, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Ambrosini has matured as a captain, I wasn't sure about him taking over from Paolo but he's done very well.

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, there are at least four other players who deserve Milan's captaincy more than Ambrosini to be honest: Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo and Seedorf. All of them contributed way more to the game than Ambrosini ever will. Those four will be remembered as great football players, but Ambrosini won't. He's just a burden if you ask me. What especially counts in football is not the effort you put in or the willingness you show (many players show willingness, not only Ambrosini), but rather the results. Considering Ambrosini's footballing abilities I think we could do even better without him (and also Gattuso, I'm not mentioning Seedorf since his days are over anyway).

Van Bommel displays all of Ambrosini's strong points, but in addition to it he's the much finer football player and that's essential.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
It will be damn interesting if the transfer goes through.

correction, it will be fucking awful if this transfer goes through. i had good feelings about zlatan, binho, and cassano turning the corner because they all have great reasons to do so... zlatan coming back to italy after the fiasco with barca and guardiola desperate to prove his worth and show the world he doesn't just play for himself; binho to get back the joy in his football, move to a nation who's culture is much more similar to brazil's than england, and prove that he can reach the highs we all know he's capable of; cassano to finally make that big team move and have chances to win trophies and to make amends for all of his past outbursts and problems...

what fucking motivation does van fuckass actually have to come to milan and not start shit with everybody and ruin the team unity besides the fact he wants to win trophies??? he's 33, he is at the end of his career, what can he do at milan that he hasn't yet in his career??? he has won the bundesliga with bayern, he has won ucl with barca, so what else is there?? serie A and the coppa italia?? really, does he actually give a fuck about that stuff?? come on...

i will never support this transfer and no amount of persuasive writing will sway me, I am disgusted by this link and the only reason it's happening is because raiola is his agent... sad thing is, it looks like it's going to happen.... so sickening.... why couldn't we go after a young talent like Poli like we said we were going to? we have enough senatori in our midfield, rino, ambro, pirlo, why do we need a 33 year old? why? because we need more experience??? fucking ridiculous

NemcyTheKing

Mister 300
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Serginho
well nothing to say , except + 100000000 Savo :D

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
priority 1 === bring in a creative midfielder please

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
zlatan370bommel.jpg

I wonder what Zlatan says.

he says " I like you, you seem like a good guy, even if you're an asshole on the pitch. See you at Milan."

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Well, there are at least four other players who deserve Milan's captaincy more than Ambrosini to be honest: Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo and Seedorf. All of them contributed way more to the game than Ambrosini ever will. Those four will be remembered as great football players, but Ambrosini won't. He's just a burden if you ask me. What especially counts in football is not the effort you put in or the willingness you show (many players show willingness, not only Ambrosini), but rather the results. Considering Ambrosini's footballing abilities I think we could do even better without him (and also Gattuso, I'm not mentioning Seedorf since his days are over anyway).

Van Bommel displays all of Ambrosini's strong points, but in addition to it he's the much finer football player and that's essential.

Nesta doesn't want to captain any other side other than Lazio, Gattu and Pirlo both vice captain anyway

Why are we discussing Milan captaincy with Van Bommel? it's not like his going to captain the team anyway.. :D

I have no problem with bommel, but why are we buying so many cup tied players is what bothers me :conf: is this some of Raiola's term if we want to buy Balo, or extra price for buying Ibra :conf:

If Bommel can play in the CL I'm fine with it, but he can't :head:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
If getting van bommel means Raiola gives us balotelli. THEN YES. Otherwise, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Schedule