Fabio Capello thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's not that I find Allegri a bad coach, he's very good and not a problem for Milan.

It's just that if Milan has the change to get Capello or Mourinho, I won't say "no".

Well that's another discussion. I don't like Capello tbh, but I sure wouldn't say no to Mourinho.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
But it's just stupid to even get into a discussion like this. Milan is Milan and we don't sack coaches just like that. Allegri signed a new deal and he'll be a Milan coach next year, titles or no titles.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
You could also say Conte covers the limitations of his players.
thats the entire point of having coaches isn't it? otherwise it will be just whoever has the better players wins.

coaches job is to make a group better than the sum of their parts. some are good at it, some aren't. Allegri belongs in the latter

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
continuing to play Dorf, Ambro, and Bommel, especially with Dorf at CAM is just absolute madness and Al doesnt seem to see it.

to be honest, Seedorf has been a steaming load of garbage for most of this season. He hasnt even been 1/2 of what he was in the second half of last year. Playing him in a Coppa Game and at CAM is mind numbingly dumb.

give the team a chance and change it up, be that using a 3 man backline, or even a 4-4-2 with Abate and Urby outside, or give a young player like Christante a chance.

We continue to play Ambro even after he turns the ball over a million time or Dorf when he is producing nothing. I'm thrilled that their experience continues to shine through and is clearly better than what a young, talented, and hungry player can do. and if Christante isnt ready yet, that is all well and good, but at least it was an attempt at something new instead of trying to make something which doesnt work somehow magically work

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The funny thing is that two of the biggest football noobs in the world are Allegri worst critics.

Yes, I'm talking about madridista and spartan.

One is a flips and trick fanboy and the other one is a peddo bear.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The funny thing is that two of the biggest football noobs in the world are Allegri worst critics.

Yes, I'm talking about madridista and spartan.

One is a flips and trick fanboy and the other one is a peddo bear.

no let's keep trying to do the same thing. Remember when I thought we should play El Shaarawy and I was called a pedo for that? good call, he has be horrible

if the youth player shows he cant play, then great, dont play them. but I dont know how you guys can watch Ambro or Dorf suck ass every week and think it is dumb to at least try someone else

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's nice to see he learned from the last Juve game it's suicidal to have too many old, slow, static players in the midfield especially against teams who press well and are dangerous when in possession...................oh wait.

Really, he needs to do something about it. Some things he gets hated for are unfair, some are just plain ********, but really, he needs to stop using all 3 of MVB, Ambro and Dorf. There are always better options. I'm not one of those who have big faith in our youth, but heck even filling the midfield with Primavera guys would be better. Change the formation, put some unproven, shy, insecure 16 year old in starting line up, put Abate in the midfield, whatever as long as not Seedorf+Ambro+MVB.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
lol, you think playing el-sharawy was your idea?

I remember making fun of you for it, but my reply was always that Allegri knows when it's the time to start giving him playing time. At the start of the season Allegri even said that sharawy will be ready in 6 months or so.

Your problem is that you don't seem to understand that unproven youth isn't supposed to be given their first test in the first team, they have to prove themselves in primavera AND first team training sessions first.

That's another obvious thing people should know if they just used their brains. But no, let's play Cristante or whatever the fuck his name is, because he's young. I dislike Seedorf and Ambro more than anyone, but even I wouldn't think of playing someone unproven instead of them in a game where it matters.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I remember making fun of you for it, but my reply was always that Allegri knows when it's the time to start giving him playing time. At the start of the season Allegri even said that sharawy will be ready in 6 months or so.

Your problem is that you don't seem to understand that unproven youth isn't supposed to be given their first test in the first team, they have to prove themselves in primavera AND first team training sessions first.

That's another obvious thing people should know if they just used their brains. But no, let's play Cristante or whatever the fuck his name is, because he's young. I dislike Seedorf and Ambro more than anyone, but even I wouldn't think of playing someone unproven instead of them in a game where it matters.

you mean.... like in a Coppa game? the prize money is less than it is for the Super Coppa. So Al risks our best player (Silva) and then has Ambro run himself ragged (while he is sucking) all for pretty much nothing. When the Udinese game rolls around and Ambro is dragging ass I'm sure Al's choices will make sense

see if the kid can play in a meaningless game, and if not dont play him in Serie A. but I am so glad Ambro was able to use his experience at starting counters for the other team to great affect today

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
This was the biggest opportunity for you to shit on Seedorf and Ambro and you blew it.

There are always better options than Ambro at non-anchor role + Seedorf at CAM. But Al didn't even need to put Christante on. He could've had Seedorf at LCM, Binho at CAM or a 4-3-2-1 with SES and Binho behind Ibra. Would've made much more sense.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
spartan just passing by to say i <3 you keep masstermark in you alive :)

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You can't really be critical of Allegri for not playing a youngster in this game. Game against one of your biggest rivals in a cup fixture it's too risky. What you can get at him for is not trying something else. Even Carlos tried a 4-4-2 with wingers when he had a injury crisis. It didn't work well but the situation force his hand and I don't see that with Allegri trying other alternatives.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
honestly I dont care that he didnt play Christante. I would have been great with trying Abate in the midfield, or anything different. if you didnt see this happening with Dorf at CAM, and Bommel +Ambro in midfield then you are blind

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You can't really be critical of Allegri for not playing a youngster in this game. Game against one of your biggest rivals in a cup fixture it's too risky. What you can get at him for is not trying something else. Even Carlos tried a 4-4-2 with wingers when he had a injury crisis. It didn't work well but the situation force his hand and I don't see that with Allegri trying other alternatives.

like I stated, it is worth less than even the SuperCoppa in winnings. that should show how meaningless it is

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp: you guys are really hopeless.

For wanting both SES and Binho to start, making it "only" one 34+ year old midfielder in a non-anchor role, in a position where he has done relatively well? Share us your wisdom.:o

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
like I stated, it is worth less than even the SuperCoppa in winnings. that should show how meaningless it is

Personally, I don't view it as a worthless competition. It on the same level of the FA Cup and Copa Del Rey. It one of the trophies you have to win if you want to accomplish a treble. It is an important trophy IMO and Milan should make it a priority in at least being competitive in it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I'll just adress the capello coming to milan part of the discussion since capello vs allegri discussions are superfluous and disingenuous. And Pato would be the first person to be booted out of the club if Capello came. He doesnt take that level of incompetence.

any one who knows even an iota about capello would knows he will never come back to Milan. The last time he did he said it was the biggest mistake of his life because he inherited a team that was finished. This team is exactly the same. He also never likes to look back at his trophies or his teams that he has coached. Which was reinforced by the fact that Madrid kicked him out after he won in his second spell. Any coaching offer capello will take will definitely be a new team. It is what his character demands.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
capello will kick major arse in here .. complete anarchy .. barbaras boy is going to fly out like anything

lol capello kiked out ronaldo and becham out of madrid then what will happen to pato :lol:

capello please media circus would be immense :lol:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he had Cassano around for a while and he was a ton less professional than Pato. he would actually make demands and improve Pato's game

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

rosso_nero

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
According to GDS Anzhi is offering 8m per year, besides Inter and Juve might be interested as well.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tumblr'd him a bit:
tumblr_lz3dg7t58T1qfr5szo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lz1jug4a5d1r4nnobo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lycv1xJro11qfxktpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ltzlhdyWJ11r37cvro1_400.jpg

(Redondo)

Good old:
tumblr_lz3d1pptGn1rp29kho1_500.jpg

tumblr_lz1jug4a5d1r4nnobo1_500.jpg

Where's the quote from Frook's sig?

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
The English didn't deserve him anyways...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'll just adress the capello coming to milan part of the discussion since capello vs allegri discussions are superfluous and disingenuous. And Pato would be the first person to be booted out of the club if Capello came. He doesnt take that level of incompetence.

any one who knows even an iota about capello would knows he will never come back to Milan. The last time he did he said it was the biggest mistake of his life because he inherited a team that was finished. This team is exactly the same. He also never likes to look back at his trophies or his teams that he has coached. Which was reinforced by the fact that Madrid kicked him out after he won in his second spell. Any coaching offer capello will take will definitely be a new team. It is what his character demands.

Nope, I'd disagree. Our team in 2009-10 was finished. Our team of 2011-12 is incomplete. It is the 2nd year of rebuild, and a lot of starting positions have been cemented. But due to various factors (heart problems, rapid old age etc), we'll be forced to continue the rebuilding job. I dont think that's necessarily a terrible time to take-over the club.

Not saying I want him. I consider Allegri to be superior to him at this stage.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Nope, I'd disagree. Our team in 2009-10 was finished. Our team of 2011-12 is incomplete. It is the 2nd year of rebuild, and a lot of starting positions have been cemented. But due to various factors (heart problems, rapid old age etc), we'll be forced to continue the rebuilding job. I dont think that's necessarily a terrible time to take-over the club.

Not saying I want him. I consider Allegri to be superior to him at this stage.

More finished than incomplete. If we had one or two old guys you could say incomplete. With Ambro/Seedorf/rino/Nesta/Zambrotta still here you could say the new cycle has not yet begun.

Schedule