Andrea Poli Thread

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Milan senior team is not a breeding for unproven ground fortunately or unfortunately, its a Juggernaut built to win prizes and for that we need the very best, we still have 5 italians as starters so I dont know why you guys are bitching about

Italian PM knows more about keeping italian identity in his club.

Ladies and gents trust the man and we can all drink champagne(masstermak brand please )

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I have a feeling Poli`s transfer to Milan will depend a lot on Allegri`s choice for the starting 11 between Pirlo and Robihno.

If he chooses Robihno ,Poli will most certainly come here(hopefully in January),and will probably see Pirlo off in the summer as he wont accept a bench role.Plus it would be a liability to keep a high payed player on the bench.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
I have a feeling Poli`s transfer to Milan will depend a lot on Allegri`s choice for the starting 11 between Pirlo and Robihno.

If he chooses Robihno ,Poli will most certainly come here(hopefully in January),and will probably see Pirlo off in the summer as he wont accept a bench role.Plus it would be a liability to keep a high payed player on the bench.

Funny you should say that...

Taken from Football Italia:
Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri should drop Andrea Pirlo, according to his former mentor at Pescara Giovanni Galeone.

Allegri has a selection headache after the signings of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robinho, although some would call it an embarrassment of riches up front.

It’s widely believed that Allegri will be obliged to play his new arrivals together with Alexandre Pato and Ronaldinho in the same starting XI.

That would obviously render Milan very offensive, so in order to make the team more balanced, Galeone believes Pirlo has to be the fall guy.

However, the attack-minded tactician also believes Pirlo’s absence could present Allegri with another opportunity.

Speaking to **********, he said: “Taking out Pirlo from midfield would mean you’d be able to add a mastiff in front of the defence, or even better a trequartista in attack.

“You don’t need a deep-lying playmaker with those four. Pato should play behind Ibra. This team can win everything,” he concluded.

Interesting, basically if we get a "mastiff" type DM, we can play all 4 upfront, well I'm game to see what that would do, lol :D

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
playing 4 strikers is pretty damn risky. i would love to see all 4 of them play at once but that is just not possible. that means there will be no creative backup in the striker department and that milan will have to give up pirlo to play more foreign players. Pirlo is a symbol for the national team so i doubt allegri will take him out, but who knows for sure..

zangetsu

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ash Cole, Nesta, Tiago Silva, Ronaldinho, Pato, Kaka, Essien, David Silva, Kwadwo Asamoah, Ibra,
I believe Italy have a lots of talented players, unfortunately at Italy the opportunity not much given to youth players. If we only purchase is whether a player would help us win, that sounds so selfish dude. Therefore, we must also involved develop domestic players, because AC Milan is italian club

I understand what you say, but no primavera player is going to enter the first 11 unless they have huge potential, like Pato. I dont see anyone like that at the moment. And not even all our primavera talents are Italian. the point am making is if a player can contribute to the team they will make the team.being italian would be good, but its talent before nationality. every coach wants to win.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
IMO, Milan should jump at any young Italian with potential as there a currently so few around. I think some who fall in to this category are:

-Balotelli
-Poli
-Santon
-Bonucci
-Marchetti

These 5 can be stars, but there are also players who can be excellent squad players like:

-Abate
-Criscito
-Paloschi
-Rannochia
-Dessena
-Sirigu
-Motta

and TBH I wouldn't mind any of them.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
IMO, Milan should jump at any young Italian with potential as there a currently so few around. I think some who fall in to this category are:

-Balotelli(not going to happen as long as mancini is at Man City, and if he did come, who would he play in place off?)

-Poli(Co-ownership is a deffo possability, and if so, would be welcomed. We could loan him back for another season, and see how he develops, better getting him now rather than losing out on him)

-Santon(nice dream, not going to happen)

-Bonucci(Think we missed our chance?)

-Marchetti(maybe, not 100% sure)

These 5 can be stars, but there are also players who can be excellent squad players like:

-Abate
-Criscito
-Paloschi
-Rannochia
-Dessena
-Sirigu
-Motta
(I think after this season we'll see who develops the best and maybe see one come in next Summer)

Over the next 2 seasons we're going to see a few players leave/retire/contracts expire... We'll see if any of our primavera step up, if not there are options out there...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
To be frank, i think Sirigu is better than Marchetti. Abate doesn't impress me, neither does Motta. Criscito isn't anything special IMO and it's mainly people trying to persuade themselves he is. Rannochia is good but his lack of pace is alarming. Paloschi could be good if he takes the way of Pippo instead of trying something else, i believe he will succeed if he tries to be a poacher, but will fail if he tries to be a Drogba, Zlatan or Pato type striker.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paloschi could be good if he takes the way of Pippo instead of trying something else, i believe he will succeed if he tries to be a poacher, but will fail if he tries to be a Drogba, Zlatan or Pato type striker.

Pippo's replacement then :tongue:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
poli has been showing many promising things,
but uncle fester doesn't have any money left

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
poli has been showing many promising things,
but uncle fester doesn't have any money left

I would be happy to get Poli & Paloschi in January and loan them back to their teams and bring them in next year when our senatores retire. I have a feeling this will be a good season for Paloschi with a much stronger Parma team to support him.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i would be happy to get poli & paloschi in january and loan them back to their teams and bring them in next year when our senatores retire. I have a feeling this will be a good season for paloschi with a much stronger parma team to support him.

+1

Douchebag101

Primavera
Reaction score
Funny you should say that...

Taken from Football Italia:
Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri should drop Andrea Pirlo, according to his former mentor at Pescara Giovanni Galeone.

Allegri has a selection headache after the signings of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robinho, although some would call it an embarrassment of riches up front.

It’s widely believed that Allegri will be obliged to play his new arrivals together with Alexandre Pato and Ronaldinho in the same starting XI.

That would obviously render Milan very offensive, so in order to make the team more balanced, Galeone believes Pirlo has to be the fall guy.

However, the attack-minded tactician also believes Pirlo’s absence could present Allegri with another opportunity.

Speaking to **********, he said: “Taking out Pirlo from midfield would mean you’d be able to add a mastiff in front of the defence, or even better a trequartista in attack.

“You don’t need a deep-lying playmaker with those four. Pato should play behind Ibra. This team can win everything,” he concluded.

Interesting, basically if we get a "mastiff" type DM, we can play all 4 upfront, well I'm game to see what that would do, lol :D

wait, i dont get how taking pirlo out can accomodate robinho in our starting XI. this is what the article is saying right?

MacedonianDevil

Primavera
Reaction score
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=104451&cc=5739

just one ass in 31 games? :/

-Balotelli
-Poli
-Santon
-Bonucci
-Marchetti

-Abate
-Criscito
-Paloschi
-Rannochia
-Dessena
-Sirigu
-Motta

FTW?!?!:head:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wait, i dont get how taking pirlo out can accomodate robinho in our starting XI. this is what the article is saying right?

Dont shoot the meesenger, lol :D

I think they are saying we could play a 4 - 2 - 4 formation if we had a "Mastiff" type player, I think they mean a no nonesense, tough tackling, angry as well, spoiler midfielder just in front of our back four, alongside KPB or Flamini...

If anything I'd rather a 3 - 3 - 4 formation if we're even contemplating playing all 4 of our start forwards... With KPB and Flamini, then I'm not sure if Pirlo would still be a luxury? If we had a beast of a DM, with Flamini and KPB just infront, maybe, just maybe a 3 - 3 - 4 would work, lol :tongue:

.................................Ibra
.............................................Pato
...........Ronaldinho.....................................Robinho

.......................KPB......................Flamini
.................................Beast DM

................Silva............Nesta...........Papa

..................................Am/Ab

Its certainly different ;)

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
sampdoria doesnt really push poli and palombo far up the field. so the fact that he doesnt score a lot shouldnt make you think he isnt a player worthy of milan. samp use their wingers a lot more, plus cassano drops back to where an AM would usually be.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players

You don't think Motta and Abate can amount to anything more than squad players?!? These guys are both under 25 and are years away from their peaks. They have both already proven they can perform at a high level, not neccessarily brilliantly but they do the job. The fact that this was at teams such as Milan and Juve should tell you something about their quality...

I think Poli can pass these guys level of play in the next couple of years and become one of the best mids in the world. BTW Chelsea were interested in him and that should tell you something.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
You don't think Motta and Abate can amount to anything more than squad players?!? These guys are both under 25 and are years away from their peaks. They have both already proven they can perform at a high level, not neccessarily brilliantly but they do the job. The fact that this was at teams such as Milan and Juve should tell you something about their quality...

I think Poli can pass these guys level of play in the next couple of years and become one of the best mids in the world. BTW Chelsea were interested in him and that should tell you something.

They'll never be world class, that much is for sure, but they can be competent players on quality teams. Poli shouldn't be compared to them, as he's a very different player, but yes he will surpass them.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score

abate and motta....one cant defend for shit, and the other cant attack for shit. chelsea? who cares about chelsea, they havent won anything besides their domestic title...OH YEAH I FORGOT THE EPL IS SO MUCH COOLER. the fact that teams like inter and milan are interested in this kid is a much more important affair; since they have actually won something outside of their country.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------v

E

Esoteric

We should be getting him for cheap this January. To me he can do exactly what Pirlo does now in his withdraw role. He runs more and defends better, isn't as creative and good with passes as Pirlo YET but will keep possession and be solid in midfield plus he's skilled. I think we can get him for 7 million.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We should be getting him for cheap this January. To me he can do exactly what Pirlo does now in his withdraw role. He runs more and defends better, isn't as creative and good with passes as Pirlo YET but will keep possession and be solid in midfield plus he's skilled. I think we can get him for 7 million.

+1

I think vision and creativity will come with time, by 24-25 he will be awesome if he continues to progress. I think we really need an alternate to Pirlo who doesn't seem to perform that well at the moment and I would love to see him here. He is also much physically stronger and taller then Pirlo and is better defensively, also he has more pace and I suspect would have more hunger than Pirlo if he came here.

:star:Poli:star:

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Dont shoot the meesenger, lol :D

I think they are saying we could play a 4 - 2 - 4 formation if we had a "Mastiff" type player, I think they mean a no nonesense, tough tackling, angry as well, spoiler midfielder just in front of our back four, alongside KPB or Flamini...

If anything I'd rather a 3 - 3 - 4 formation if we're even contemplating playing all 4 of our start forwards... With KPB and Flamini, then I'm not sure if Pirlo would still be a luxury? If we had a beast of a DM, with Flamini and KPB just infront, maybe, just maybe a 3 - 3 - 4 would work, lol :tongue:

.................................Ibra
.............................................Pato
...........Ronaldinho.....................................Robinho

.......................KPB......................Flamini
.................................Beast DM

................Silva............Nesta...........Papa

..................................Am/Ab

Its certainly different ;)

No. not a 3-4-3 i think. Although it looks interesting i doubt we can make it work without WBs.

Robinho replacing Pirlo means we can play 2 beasts as DMs and the 4 upfront.

Something like this

----------Abbiati--------

Zam--Nesta---Silva--Anto

---------Beast DM-------

---------Boateng(CM)-----

----Robinho---------Ronaldinho

----------Pato----------------

-------------Ibra--------------

Pirlo gets out instead we get a SS with Pato shifting SS and RObinho coming in as RW/AM

With the 4-2-4 you cannot play Pirlo in MF you need 2 guys who will run 90 mins

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
-------Boateng-POLI-Flamini---------

Muchhh better!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
-------Boateng-POLI-Flamini---------

Muchhh better!

wouldn't even be necessary. If poli develops way he did last season, boateng becomes a little more tactically disapline... the duo is enough defensively.

He held a 2 man CM with palombo last year, in serie A thats not easy unless you're both good defensive players (they are). As long as it's not some sort of tactical scheme which ends up being a 4-2-4 they'd be fine.

Poli may be 'heir to pirlo' because he passes and distributes well, but he's much more of a defensive mid than playmaker.

for example, i could see 2014 italy having poli/de rossi partnership.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wouldn't even be necessary. If poli develops way he did last season, boateng becomes a little more tactically disapline... the duo is enough defensively.

He held a 2 man CM with palombo last year, in serie A thats not easy unless you're both good defensive players (they are). As long as it's not some sort of tactical scheme which ends up being a 4-2-4 they'd be fine.

Poli may be 'heir to pirlo' because he passes and distributes well, but he's much more of a defensive mid than playmaker.

for example, i could see 2014 italy having poli/de rossi partnership.

I agree, I think he is a very versatile player. I think the main point though is, we don't really need a Pirlo like player these days, we need a player who can defend an distribute well. Particular with the creativity our forwards have.

Last edited:

Schedule