Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With our ownership situation it would not have been any different.

I think UEFA felt more confident of pushing us out of the EL, because the stakes of the EL are much lower. It is easier. Pushing out of a team from the CL, in my mind, would have had higher stakes, because of the potential revenues, the impacts on sponsorships, etc.

Maybe I'm wrong. The jump up in revenue once you are in the CL is massive. Li bet on that revenue. He bet wrong.

I think Li is dumb, but I cannot believe he is this dumb. I guess it is hard for me to imagine someone putting in hundreds of millions, and losing it all, and maybe this is what it is, but I think Li bet, heavily, on CL qualification in order to keep this ownership going.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Good times ahead.

Have you ever contemplated gambling or playing the stock market based on the opposite of what you think? You'd be a multi-billionaire in no time and could probably buy Milan yourself :lol:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
just when i started liking and appreciating Ronaldo this happens
Exactly the same feelings bro.
But this is a huge move for Serie A. I bet other teams will start reinforcing as well, including Milan if we geta new owner this summer.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Have you ever contemplated gambling or playing the stock market based on the opposite of what you think? You'd be a multi-billionaire in no time and could probably buy Milan yourself :lol:

What I actually think and what I post dont always go hand in hand.

It's a forum. Undying fandom.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
"Elliott intends to proceed with a total replacement of the Milan board directors. They will also proceed to the change of club management, starting from CEO Marco Fassone" [@MilanoFinanza]

Hopefully that includes replacing Gattuso too. No point in Gandini + Maldini returning and hiring Giuntoli if we don't get a top coach too. Hiring somebody like Sarri/Conte would give our club instant appeal to get the quality players we need without Europe.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
Tbh I said that during the negotiations with Commissio as I thought Li would surely realise its better to keep 30% of the club (and possibly break even through Chinese revenues and selling his shareholding in future when the club returns to glory) then lose 100% now. Obviously not.

Re the second point, Elliott may have funded the mercato but he still made several capital increases throughout the year from his own pocket which he won't see a penny from :lol:

If Elliott will sell this summer, he will be ended with 400M€ net losses in one year, if Elliott keeps the club he will lose very single penny he has already invested, the guy is a joke
Why he didn't accept Rocco's offer is beyond me, i think he overestimate his skills and what he has in hand

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

I don't believe you smoke a bowl to get high but instead get your kicks out of trolling and spreading misinformation.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
UtkFg7y.jpg

So this is what the Brits meant when they said football is coming home.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA

So you say shit/act a certain way to get some sort of reaction? Careful now, that's dangerously close to trolling.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
No Pippo legit had a shit balance. He just fell down easily. Literally nothing like Neymar.

Pippo was a diver. SUPER diver.
So was Gilardino.

So was much of the Italian team of that era ADP and Vieri weren't into it.
Who could forget Totti's famous flop in 2006?

Robben, Messi and CR7 were incredible divers early on as well. Messi stopped, almost entirely...whereas CR7 would still take the tumble from time to time but it was much less.

Referees started cracking down on this kind of behaviour as it was getting out of control....and for the most part it's gotten better. But let's not pretend it didn't happen.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
I don't believe you smoke a bowl to get high but instead get your kicks out of trolling and spreading misinformation.

I dont spread misinformation.

I quote and reference everything I post. Always.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
So you say shit/act a certain way to get some sort of reaction? Careful now, that's dangerously close to trolling.

Being unabashedly positive is not trolling.

Though you've literally spent months talking about it like it is.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
So was Gilardino.

Messi and CR7 were incredible divers early on as well. Messi stopped, almost entirely...whereas CR7 would still take the tumble from time to time but it was much less.

Falling down easily because of shit physical balance =/= diving. Cutrone is the same. That's not diving.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Being unabashedly positive is not trolling.

Though you've literally spent months talking about it like it is.

If it's rubbing people the wrong way and triggers negative reactions out of them then yes, it's trolling. You were being assertively and obnoxiously "positive" during a legitimate crisis and that got people upset.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Baresi was average...and MASSIVELY overrated...there I said it.

Giuseppe that is...his brother Franco was a defensive genius and arguably a top 3 CB of all time :D

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
If it's rubbing people the wrong way and triggers negative reactions out of them then yes, it's trolling. You were being assertively and obnoxiously "positive" during a legitimate crisis and that got people upset.

There was no crisis. Either a payment was going to be made by Li, or the loanee was going to possess the club and make payments on behalf of the club.

That's no crisis, it's an unfortunate situation that will result in more stability going forward

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So was Gilardino.

Robben, Messi and CR7 were incredible divers early on as well. Messi stopped, almost entirely...whereas CR7 would still take the tumble from time to time but it was much less.

Referees started cracking down on this kind of behaviour as it was getting out of control....and for the most part it's gotten better. But let's not pretend it didn't happen.

We both know this is a lie.

And Neymar dives more than Ronaldo, which is an achievement in itself.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Elliott will sell this summer, he will be ended with 400M€ net losses in one year, if Elliott keeps the club he will lose very single penny he has already invested, the guy is a joke
Why he didn't accept Rocco's offer is beyond me, i think he overestimate his skills and what he has in hand

apparently, he tried to get Ricketts/Rocco to pay the 32m for him while they negotiated :lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Falling down easily because of shit physical balance =/= diving. Cutrone is the same. That's not diving.

meh. Let's agree to disagree. Pippo was famous....even in Juventus for his flopping. Who cares now I guess it's 2018

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We both know this is a lie.

And Neymar dives more than Ronaldo, which is an achievement in itself.

I said "early on". Go rewatch the Barcelona - Chelsea games where Ronaldinho was the boss and Messi was up and coming (age 17-19 or thereabout).

Yes Messi was very much a diver early on.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Pippo would flop sometimes but all strikers do. He was weak physically and he loved to score more than anything, so he almost never flopped if he was in a decent position to score. He wasn't the one taking the PKs, after all. He was not a notorious diver to the level of Neymar.

Robben, Drogba, Busquets, Bale, Alves, Suarez, Di Maria, Nani, all notorious divers.

Gila was far worse than Pippo.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
There was no crisis. Either a payment was going to be made by Li, or the loanee was going to possess the club and make payments on behalf of the club.

That's no crisis, it's an unfortunate situation that will result in more stability going forward

You just did it now. :fp:

No, it was crisis. There was zero stability, a lot on uncertainty, and a huge case with UEFA and that led to extensive club damage, mercato uncertainty(still going btw), and possibly being kicked out of Europe(also still going), which is another issue in of itself. Being owned by a hedge fund isn't ideal at all, everyone are just slightly relieved that Elliott seems to be doing the club well based on reports, but that could change just as easily. Goes back to the uncertainty point I made.

Zero-balance mercato is still a reality until proven otherwise and that brings a plethora of issues with it, like not being competitive next year or worse our key players possibly leaving.

There's also the fact that you weren't blindly positive(at instances you were/are and that is almost equally annoying), you were backing one side of the dynamic, and it's the side that is the reason we're in this whole mess.

People were legit upset, we were reading that we might get a 2 year UEFA ban, and you piled on with zero empathy, just to get a reaction.

In every sense of the word, that's trolling.

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
Let's take a moment to laugh at Pjaca. Injury in his first season, CR7 in the second. So much for the big talks and pussy mentality. Rot in bench you dickweed.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Baresi was average...and MASSIVELY overrated...there I said it.

Giuseppe that is...his brother Franco was a defensive genius and arguably a top 3 CB of all time :D

still, you put the name Baresi in the same sentence as average and overrated.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's take a moment to laugh at Pjaca. Injury in his first season, CR7 in the second. So much for the big talks and pussy mentality. Rot in bench you dickweed.

pjaca is going to fiorentina for 25m i think.

i want bernardeschi

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score

People were legit upset, we were reading that we might get a 2 year UEFA ban]

And did we get a 2yr ban?

Use your mute button, bro. You dont need to read what I write...

Instead you chose to spend 2 months recycling your thoughts on me.

And try as you may, I neither care that you think Im a troll, nor will stop the way I post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule