• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
BREAKING: SportItalia claim Bonucci is close to returning to Juventus.

DES back ?:D

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
i talk with some arsenal fans and they're all happy to see gazidis gone, they don't have one single good word for him.

so i'm really surprised that elliot want him here :monto:

Fans didnt like him bc he hardly ever opens his wallet... but he will have a different role here, right?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Today there was official contact between Higuain's brother-agent and Milan. The striker has given his approval of a potential move. [@AlfredoPedulla]

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
re: Elliott

If the plan was to make a quick 200m or so, Milan would have been sold about 2 weeks ago to any of the Ricketts or Commisso.

For some reason, Elliott plans a 3yr project with hopes of returning this club (and their asset) to being worth over 1 Billion.

ask yourself... think back to Econ 101....
How does one get an asset to appreciate in value?

Answer: not by selling off it's best assets (players) and pumping no money into making the club more attractive and more marketable.

Strong management, strong squad, strong reputation.

football clubs do NOT naturally increase in value the longer it's held. Definitely not in Serie A, anyways. Stripping it down and lingering for 3yrs would make the club nearly worth less than the peanuts they acquired it for.

"If the plan was to make a quick 200m or so, Milan would have been sold about 2 weeks ago to any of the Ricketts or Commisso"

There is absolutely nothing factual about this statement other than the fact that Commisso was interested in purchasing Milan. The Ricketts family may have been interested also; however, the idea that either party was offering 500M is not based in any sort of fact. Personally, I don't buy into the idea that people were offering Li or Elliott 500M.

If someone offered Elliott a 200M profit on an asset they obtained through a loan they issued not even a year ago, I find it hard to believe they would not take that deal instantly. That is speculation on my part, but the mere suggestion that there were offers of 500M on the table is not based in any facts available to us.

And just because we are dealing with facts... 500M would not have produced a 200M profit for Elliott. Elliott was owed 400M+ by Li: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...to-plan-to-hold-onto-ac-milan-plot-turnaround

For some reason, Elliott plans a 3yr project with hopes of returning this club (and their asset) to being worth over 1 Billion.

You have a source on this one, brah? The only official information I read from Elliott is that they are going to hold Milan, stabilize its finances, and ensure that it is "well capitalized"

"The New York-based hedge fund said Tuesday it had taken control of AC Milan, after the club’s Chinese owner defaulted on its debt obligations. Elliott said in a statement its goal was to “achieve long-term success for AC Milan by focusing on the fundamentals and ensuring the club is well-capitalized.”

I think you are pulling the 3 year plan to sell the club at 1 Billion from the land of speculation, not facts.

The rest of your post is an explanation of capital gains that a child would understand relayed as though it is coming from a position of authority. In other words, the first half of your post is the same type of speculation you've based your posting on for the last two years, and the rest is common sense silliness, which ultimately does not address the most fundamental question:

Will and how will AC Milan benefit from Elliott's ownership/guidance?
-Financially?
-Success in competition?
-Branding/Marketing wise?
-Stadium?

This is within the realm of speculation, but my guess is the club will benefit mostly and possibly exclusively from a financial perspective. Elliott will improve the "fundamentals" of the club as they said. You're implying that Elliott will spend big money in the market to get Milan's evaluation up as high as possible. I'd say it's more likely that they do the minimal amount possible to escape with a nice profit. I wouldn't expect for a second that they have ambitions of the club winning the CL and returning to glory, these guys are here for profit with as little investment on top of the 400M they loaned and ultimately gained ownership of the club with.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
i talk with some arsenal fans and they're all happy to see gazidis gone, they don't have one single good word for him.

so i'm really surprised that elliot want him here :monto:

I've spoken to others who really like him and believe that he was severely held back by Wenger and Kroenke. They'd like to see him operate with some real power now and little oversight.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
wasnt Pedulla the #1 source from last summa ?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Fuck me im so over reading these Bonucci rumours. If he goes back to Juve I’ll be so shattered. We need to keep him.

If we are interested in Vidal and Higuain, and we sign them. We can have a world class player in every area of the pitch, we haven’t had that in years and it’s something we desperately lack. Selling Bonucci makes Romagnoli less of a player and there won’t be anyone to guide him. Keep Bonucci a couple more years and Romagnoli becomes the best CB in the world

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Yes, extraordinarily stupid. I assume you noticed as well seeing as you so desperately tried to backtrack.

The second part, well, it kind of confirms your slow wit. I thank you for making it obvious to anyone still doubting.

I only backtracked in your misunderstood mind. You failed to understand like you believe you are indeed witty.

The second part really sums up your level of contribution in this thread. Imagine having a secondary profile to 'try' attack the posts of others. I can't believe that's not obvious to all by now.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No one expects to spend net 100 mill a season under Elliot

But what we do hope for is a good club structure, better marketing, clever transfers and stable ownership with no debt which will leave us in good hands when we sell in 3 years time

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've spoken to others who really like him and believe that he was severely held back by Wenger

I find this hard to believe... unless Gazidis wanted players that Wenger didnt.

Gazidis was tasked with the new stadium and keeping the bank balance in the black... he did that

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Imagine having a secondary profile to 'try' attack the posts of others. I can't believe that's not obvious to all by now.

Name n shame... name n shame!

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

Gazidis was tasked with the new stadium and keeping the bank balance in the black... he did that

Gazidis arrived after the Emirates stadium was built and operational.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,

Check Twitter if you want to see that perspective. Two guys I spoke to both said he was basically behind Wenger who was calling the shots and they were excited that he now has the chance to actually call the shots. They're pissed that he seems to be tucking tail and running now that he's finally been given this responsibility/opportunity.

I don't know enough about Arsenal to comment but that was their main message and I've seen it echoed through Twitter as well.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
:lol:I can’t cope with 2 Leos...:lol:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky confirm that Elliott are looking to bring Paolo Maldini back to Milan. His role is yet to be defined but they are working on it.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This wont go down too well bc of Man Utd... but Ed Woodward is a really good rainmaker.

B4 they moved him to Transfers he was running Utd commercial side... top end results.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Selling Highbury then?

I think their fans blame Gazidis for Wenger's overstay. Apparently, his true capabilities have been masked by the power struggle at Arsenal. Now with Wenger gone he is supposedly coming into his own. Elliott obviously view him as influential.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I only backtracked in your misunderstood mind. You failed to understand like you believe you are indeed witty.

The second part really sums up your level of contribution in this thread. Imagine having a secondary profile to 'try' attack the posts of others. I can't believe that's not obvious to all by now.

"Do we still view Elliott as a 'vulture fund' or have they now become competent owners of AC Milan?"

There's not really room for much interpretation here. Either they're a 'vulture fund' or competent. That's what you wrote, then you backtracked miserably.

Once again your second part only serves to prove you're clueless. If it's so obvious that I have a second profile, then why don't you name it, professor? :lol:

P.S I never 'try'. I only succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule