The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I have very rarely seen someone intercept balls and tackle the way Florentino does. How much would he cost according to the rumours?

Roca and him would give us enough depth for 3 competitions for rotationa and in case one of Lessie or Bennacer gets injured

He’s also surprisingly good on the ball too and much better than Bakayoko in that regard. He really does have all the tools to become a top DM one day. Hope we sign him.

His rumoured price is 25-30m.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
When is this ?important ? moment lol. My guess is to wait and see if we reinforce the team with quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No wait until transfer marker is over so he'll be the one holding all the cards.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Fair points but why risk the good vibe of the squad on a player who Spurs clearly want rid of. And if he did flop there is always the chance it would be difficult to move him onto another club.

I mean, in my ideal world, we would be reaching out to Atl?tico and trying to get Vrsaljko or Arias, but I don't think Aurier would be a bad move.

The Spurs are just generally in a weird spot right now. They were in the Champions League final, basically refused to upgrade their roster, fired their successful coach, and brought in Mourinho for stupid money. The club is all over the place, and turnover is bound to happen in that kind of situation.

Ibra isnt exactly a shy guy, if he isn't comfortable about this, or thought it would be a problem, I'm sure he would let management know.

He has played at 2 big clubs (I get that they aren't big in the traditional sense, but both were top 20 clubs in the world while he was with them), and he is the captain of his national team. For the cost, its a big upgrade, and I can't shake the thought that Smalling got similar shit from ManU fans only to look like a star at Roma.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Pessina is an Atalanta player, it does not matter how much they pay for him. Milan can sign him for 50% of his price, but who cares? Even if he is 5M, he is not Milan material.

Gasperini has been so good upping his players. We shouldn't trust any Atalanta players. We have had a couple of examples already.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
I mean, in my ideal world, we would be reaching out to Atl?tico and trying to get Vrsaljko or Arias, but I don't think Aurier would be a bad move.

The Spurs are just generally in a weird spot right now. They were in the Champions League final, basically refused to upgrade their roster, fired their successful coach, and brought in Mourinho for stupid money. The club is all over the place, and turnover is bound to happen in that kind of situation.

Ibra isnt exactly a shy guy, if he isn't comfortable about this, or thought it would be a problem, I'm sure he would let management know.

He has played at 2 big clubs (I get that they aren't big in the traditional sense, but both were top 20 clubs in the world while he was with them), and he is the captain of his national team. For the cost, its a big upgrade, and I can't shake the thought that Smalling got similar shit from ManU fans only to look like a star at Roma.

Vrsaljko is overrated.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aurier will be good for 12-15m, much better defender then Conti and Calabria. Not so great in attack but I think he can do very well here in Italy with Kessie on his side.

Florentino - Milenkovic all good names. Curious about wich rb we gonna get

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
His best game was this.

https://twitter.com/marco_sixneuf/status/1289922369801220096

Maybe could have been a good back-up option for 3 man midfield, but taking him as Hakan sub is risky.

We already have Saele and Samu who play simple football. We need skilled players too.

I like the idea of having him as a different type of sub. We will see how many moves we actually want to make (and how much money we have to spend), but ideally (in my mind)-

Biglia is replaced by Florentino
Krunic is replaced by Roca
Jack is replaced by Pessina
Paqueta is replaced by a more natural attacking midfielder (Szoboszlai, Zaracho, Samard?ić, or a loan from one of the big Spanish clubs)

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
U dt think hell renew this market?

There is no other way around, do you trust raiola with an expiring contract for the best young gk in the world?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
There is no other way around, do you trust raiola with an expiring contract for the best young gk in the world?

Definitely not. Just hoping Gigio comes out and decide for himself but im not positive

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Definitely not. Just hoping Gigio comes out and decide for himself but im not positive

I think Donna matured exponentially and I also think its Raiola who wants to add all kind of clauses to have his upper hand over milan such as release clause and\or sell on clause (percentage).

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@NonEvoluto
Eyes of #Milan and perhaps something more, on the young Paraguayan defender of #Basel Omar Federico #Alderete . Swiss sources even speak of advanced negotiation. The agent confirms and the player does not appear to have been called up for the upcoming game.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I like the idea of having him as a different type of sub. We will see how many moves we actually want to make (and how much money we have to spend), but ideally (in my mind)-

Biglia is replaced by Florentino
Krunic is replaced by Roca
Jack is replaced by Pessina
Paqueta is replaced by a more natural attacking midfielder (Szoboszlai, Zaracho, Samard?ić, or a loan from one of the big Spanish clubs)

Looks good on paper but would hope at least one of the mids brought in is experienced / established player to complement Ibra and Kjaer. Would also drive / assist the current mids to continue their development.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
@sportch

Milan is in very advanced negotiations for Omar Alderete. The transfer would be closed in the coming days. The Paraguayan central defender may not enter the Basel squad for the next match.

Last edited:

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
This Omar guy looks awesome. No need to look at rumours as it seems we will be signing players out of the blue

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Paraguayan defender Omar Alderte, of the Swiss club Basel, is very close to hitting another new jump and reaching a new team, which would now be one of the greats in Europe.

"Omar (Alderete) has a great chance now to leave, he is talking, the club does not want to speak before the end of the championship, one or two more dates are still missing in Switzerland," he said - in contact with the Universo 970 radio - Augusto Paraja, representative of the player.

The interested club is from Italy and would be the powerful Milan, where Gustavo G?mez, captain of the Albirroja team, was previously.

The operation is firm and could be closed in the next few days, Paraja considered that the chance is great and the talks are well advanced, with the outlook like this, the negotiation could close in the first days of August.

In addition to Alderete's chance of going to play one of the largest in the old continent, other clubs would also be bidding for the Paraguayan defender. "A week ago a Turkish club also submitted a proposal," he added.

Looks BS, but let's see.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Maldini wants to make another free impact signing like Zlatan, go get David Silva.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Checked Alderete, this guy likes to dribble and go to attack (like what you expect from South American defenders), good stats in defence from Europa League games though.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
Hope he's not another Gustavo Gomez

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
If we are to go down free agent path I would like sarr, silva,Pedro. And if possible get Javi Martinez for cheap for Bayern. All three world cup winners who have played in successful teams. If we want a DNA transplant then that is what we need.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Focus on the right side, RB, RW and RCB is important as well as a CM, young vice Ibra would be a luxury.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

I know very little about Aurier Milan do need a solid RB and if Paolo and co think he is worth looking at then who am I to dispute them. I hope they move fast and get the right players in terms of skill and mentality. How much the player costs is not everything it is the players willingness to commit to the team philosophy and always work at being a better player that counts. Quality over quantity every time.

Build on what we have make the current squad more competitive and next year when Milan are back in the Champions league. Then 3-4 top class signings to bring the squad up in class. Here's hoping Forza Milan.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
David silva is a no brainer. I dont really follow the EPL but i would bet he would instantly be the best playmaker there.

Only behind Rui hakan ofcourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule