Videogames Thread

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
OK NOW GUYS HERE IS THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAMES THREAD OF ACMILAN ONLINE

in the meantime while we are not swearing to carlo or blaming seedorf we can discuss videogames here

xbox 360 gamers and ps3 owners are welcome. also ps2 and psp.

MY XBOX 360 GAMER IS AC JUAN...anyone who wants to add me can do it. just send me a message that youre from the forum.

by the way, let's discuss call of duty 4 and 5

which one do you think its better? personally i like COD: WAW but cod4 was beyond the great.

post welcome

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
My gamertag is in my sig so whoever wants to add me is more than welcomed. I already have Juanes and Kalac#16 on my list so if someone else wants to join go ahead :) It would be nice to meet up on weekends and play some gears of CoD.

Speaking of the CoD, I never had a chance to try WaW coz I'm obsessed with Gears 2 at the moment :D I loved CoD 4 simply coz I kept playing it while I was waiting for Gears 2. Had a lot of fun, I talked a lot of shit online while my mic was still workin :D

Go ahead, share your experience, not only on the games, but on the consoles and systems as well :)

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
COD 4
COD 5
Resistance 1
Resistance 2

I'm completely hooked lol :)

does anyone have the new Socom and Metalgearsolid 4. I want to buy them but I'd like to have someone's opinion...

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why don't you check out the reviews on gamespot.com? They are very good with that and can give you the idea what's going on. Or youtube some videos...

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i suppose i will look out of place talking about an old game from '05 :(

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Hey, its part of the thread so why not? :)

i'm blushing now :D

has anyone here played "Shadow of the Colossus" for playstation2? i still can't get over just how great it was

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone here play Fifa 09 on ps3??

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
anyone Rise of Nation ????

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
by the way, let's discuss call of duty 4 and 5

which one do you think its better? personally i like COD: WAW but cod4 was beyond the great.

CoD5 was a bleak ww2 copy of Cod4. Though both are great in their own right, compared to one another, Modern Warfare was far more enjoyable experience - both single player and multiplayer.

has anyone here played "Shadow of the Colossus" for playstation2? i still can't get over just how great it was

That's one epic game. I spent half a lifetime beating every single one of those big motherfuckers. A deeply satisfying game.

anyone here play Fifa 09 on ps3??

Played it on PS3, and have it on PC. Sucks ass. Don't know what's up with EA and their colour palette. Haven't made a game that looks good since FIFA 01.

I know I'll be crucified because of this, but PES2009 is much better, for me at least.

anyone Rise of Nation ????

Haha. Even older. :) How was it, Big Huge games, right?

Loved that one. The first one I mean. With the expansions it was pretty good. However, Rise Of Nations Legends (or whatever the latest one was called) was crap.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Haha. Even older. :) How was it, Big Huge games, right?

Loved that one. The first one I mean. With the expansions it was pretty good. However, Rise Of Nations Legends (or whatever the latest one was called) was crap.
Yes Big Huges, I have gold edition. Yes it's old game now but I like it ;).

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
I know I'll be crucified because of this, but PES2009 is much better, for me at least.
I like the legend mode of PES2009 but tbh PES2009 is not too good because the ref sux in this version. (Perfect tackles can result in red cards :head:) The ones in 2008 are much better. Maybe this has something to be dealt with the PC version?

On Xbox360:
Only tried online gaming recently with GoW2 using the 1-month Gold membership trial. (I bought the console for 2 years though) It was a great experience. I will add you guys once I get online, but that would be a few months later after my exams.

One question though: Do I have to be a Golden member to play games online? Or Silver is ok?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Paperboy 2 kicks Call of Duty.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Metal Gear Solid 4 is thre freakin awesome...the online game (mgo 4) is even better.

Possibly best game EVER!!!

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
Best PS3 games:

MGS4
Little Big Planet
COD4 (wrecks COD5)

And soon to be in 1 month, KILLZONE 2 :D

If anyone wants to add me on PS3, go right ahead. PSN ID is milanfan9

I still play COD4, sooo good !! :proud:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Metal Gear Solid 4 is thre freakin awesome...the online game (mgo 4) is even better.

Possibly best game EVER!!!

Not even close to Gears of War :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
If you want to play Fifa09 on PS3 online. I'm msissio

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GOW2 is so overatted by 360 fans.

Nah, not really. GoW1 was the reason for me to buy 360, and now GoW2 just keep me hooked up to my xbox :D

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
im huge fan of cod series. i play cod2,4 and codwaw only mp. i often play pes2009 on ps2 with my friends. do i have to mention i own them with ac milan? i'm the master when it comes to free kicks and goals from the center (with seedorf). once i scored from a free kick 46m with seedorf. buffon was helpless and my friend who is big juventino was like wtf just happened :tongue:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
That's one epic game. I spent half a lifetime beating every single one of those big motherfuckers. A deeply satisfying game.

did you play ICO as well? i'm wondering if it's worth to buy it

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What happened to my fellow xbox-ers? :( :D

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
im huge fan of cod series. i play cod2,4 and codwaw only mp. i often play pes2009 on ps2 with my friends. do i have to mention i own them with ac milan? i'm the master when it comes to free kicks and goals from the center (with seedorf). once i scored from a free kick 46m with seedorf. buffon was helpless and my friend who is big juventino was like wtf just happened :tongue:
I play PES2008 on xbox360 and I often use Derby County to play with my mates, winning of course. (Well, sometimes losing but like Derby 2-3 Manutd)

My friends have banned me from using Milan.

What happened to my fellow xbox-ers? :( :D
I'm here. Well, GoW is also one of the reasons I bought xbox360 (another reason is blue dragon, if you have heard of this game). And to be fair, I think mgs of ps=GoW of xbox360. Same status.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm here. Well, GoW is also one of the reasons I bought xbox360 (another reason is blue dragon, if you have heard of this game). And to be fair, I think mgs of ps=GoW of xbox360. Same status.

I think you're right. I never played MGS but I saw few vids and in my opinion GoW is ahead of them. Let's not forget that GoW won a lot of prizes. If I'm not mistaken it was game of the year, and also the best mp game of the year.

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
GTA IV on pc is nice game.Also PES 2009,Gears of War......

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
gosh

holy shit! this thread is growing so fast.

i really appreciate all your comments. besides ac milan there is a life outside (well not too much, milan consumes 10% of my thinking time in the day and 50% goes to my girlfriend and 35% on my job and 5% on xbox 360, altough on weekends is more).

I am really pleased with everything

if someboday wants to add me in xbox live REMEMBER my gamertag is AC JUAN

ok on cod 4 i simply loved it, but nont of my friends here in panama pplays it anymore because treyarch decided to copy cod4 engine and released WAW, which is pretty good but not on the level of COD 4.

on the other end, im starting to enjoy the gears of war 2 multpliyaer. speccially the horde mode where it gets insane if you play on the hardest difficulty. that's where the real challenge is.

regarding football games, oh well i've never, ever liked fifa. i owned fifa 07 and was a piece of shit, but fifa has been improving so far every year and i am afraid that seabass (the developers of pes series) dont have any more ideas. pes 2009 is really good but fifa is getting closer. A good move would be to include the full UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MODE AND A UEFA CUP MODE, is possible. it's useless for me to use the UEFA license just for champions league when you hve the license for UEFA you should use it completely for clubs and teams. Screw EA with his fifa for life licenses. So far they have produced only shit on this generation....fifa street3 anyone?

regarding RPGS, oh well i sinmply love those games, but im getting old to play them because i dont have the time i used to, and we all agreed on this, THE RPG'S I HAVE on the xbox 360 are: the last remnant ( i simply love it), infinite undiscovery (oh well...moderate game, nothing great), lost oddysey(i still need to play it, i have it there for when i have the time), blue dragon( sucks a lot for me, i can't stand that childish setting of the story). I expect to buy star ocean this year if God allows me to do it becasue im unemployed right now, and oh well...

ON MY PSP i have CRISIS CORE: FINAL FANTASY VII (simply a masterpiece) which is far for me the best final fantasy 7 game after the original one. Dirge of cerberus is ok but the controls suck, but if you wanna have the full package buy it also on ps2. I also have on psp disgaea, god of war chain of olympus, metal gear solid portable ops, castlevania rondo of blood (the one that brings symphony and a remastered version of rondo of blood)..what else? ratched & clank size matters and last but not least valkyrie profile lenneth. overal i thini i made a great buy and i am loving every minute of my psp 3000! unfortunately i can't hack it since its not possible yet.

on ps2 i have a lot of pirated games but i own in originals DIRGE OF CERBERUS: FINAL FANTASY 7, THE XENOSAGA SERIES (which totally rocked my world, this is by far the best rpg series on the ps2. period), dragon quest VIII(i dont know why people got so amazed by th is game, the truth is i haven't played it properly and will do it this year, and last but not least RESIDENT EVIL 4! a game that also captivated my attention.

games i am planning to buy this year 2009.:

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
PERSONA 4(PS2)
PES 2010 (XBOX 360)
RESIDENT EVIL 5 (XBOX 360)
STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE (XBOX 360)
FINAL FANTASY XIII (XBOX 360, IF IT COMES OUT THIS YEAR)
TALES OF VESPERIA LIMITED EDITION (XBOX 360)
COD 5 (MADE BY THE MAKERS OF COD 4 WITH A MODERN SETTING. I HOPE THIS GAME COMES OUT THIS YEAR REALLY)
ANY OTHER DECENT PSP GAME THAT COMES OUT.
GTA IV : THE LOST AND DAMMEND DOWNLODABLE CONTENT (i loved GTA 4)

that's all for the moment.

keep posting on this thread.

NOTE: if you are gonna send me a friend request on xbox 360, then let me delete some assholesof my list first. i will do it today.

also im planning to buy a ps3 this year or next (believe it or not), because i think i cannot miss mgs4(unless it comes on xbox 360), valkyrie chronicles ( an amazing rpg) and god of war 3.

:D:D:D:Danyway the truth is ps3 sucks big time, but has just a fewgood games.:D:D:D:D

the xbox 360 is not a realiable machine in terms of hardware(i am on my 3rd xbox 360), but it has the games, teh online modes and everything, so if yo ask me i would buy a 360 again if my current one breaks up.

Last edited:

kakarauf

Banned
Reaction score
I play FIFA 09 on 360 and Gears 2. Although, I have gotten bored of gears after completing the storyline.. it was good... but too hollywood-esque for me. Gears 1 storyline was great, a real war atmosphere.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
I think you're right. I never played MGS but I saw few vids and in my opinion GoW is ahead of them. Let's not forget that GoW won a lot of prizes. If I'm not mistaken it was game of the year, and also the best mp game of the year.

Disclaimer: I am a Sony fanboy, everything I say will probably be out of blind allegiance to the Japanese to whom I sold my soul in order to achieve Solid Snake coolness in real life and an endless supply of dual-shock 2's so that I can beat God of War 2 on Titan difficulty.

Now, being serious.

Metal Gear Solid wipes the floor with Gears Of War. Every single game of the series. Hideo Kojima is God.