Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Need players like this with character and grit in the team who can lead when called upon. Please don't sell, so dumb if we do.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
him and zapata staying would be good both on squad and economic point of view. plus leo would save some time on finding replacements and can focus on fixing important issues.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
him and zapata staying would be good both on squad and economic point of view. plus leo would save some time on finding replacements and can focus on fixing important issues.
Also their experience and leadership is very important to our young squad.

I have a feeling that both will be confirmed once the season has ended. Right now I think every negotiations about contract extensions are put on hold due to the delicate situation we're in.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Scudetto winner, the only player to have played with Champions like Zlatan Nesta TSilly MVB Constant Gattuso Seedorf etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Scudetto winner, the only player to have played with Champions like Zlatan Nesta TSilly MVB Constant Gattuso Seedorf etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legacy :b:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
DKl4HNQW4AAapz4.jpg

Goodbye Igna :(

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
grazie per tutti forza abate

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
limited player, became very average once he lost his speed
but he gave his heart whenever he played for us and sometimes that's the only thing fans ask for

good luck Ignazio, wherever you will go next

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'd say he's done the best he could with what he had at his disposal. Limited player but always tried his best, never complained.

Grazie for the service!

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
During his prime he was useable at any level of football thanks to his speed, now he has reinvented himself as a senatore, would have been nice to have him around for 1-2 seasons more.
I can see him becoming a leader at a smaller club though, maybe even at CB in the long run. I hope that all turns into a nice autumn of his career.

Very emotional, grazie Ignazio!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The guy has been mediocre all of his career, but the difference between him and most mediocre players is that he is a true professional of the game.

You need guys like this in your team, not everybody can be a starter, but you need guys that are good enough and willing to put in the effort when being called upon.

I wish him luck in all his feature endeavours.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
He's the only one in our squad who's won anything. Big respect to him, the last senatore. Never had issues with Abate, good dude decent RB.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The guy has been mediocre all of his career, but the difference between him and most mediocre players is that he is a true professional of the game.

You need guys like this in your team, not everybody can be a starter, but you need guys that are good enough and willing to put in the effort when being called upon.

I wish him luck in all his feature endeavours.

Nah. The year when we won the scudetto he was the most improved player from the first half to the second half of that season. After that it was a real roller coaster between high and lows otherwise average not mediocre.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Farewell sweet prince. :proud:

Sad to see him go.

Never has a more potent goal scoring partnership been formed than the one he had with Icardi. :cry:

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Nah. The year when we won the scudetto he was the most improved player from the first half to the second half of that season. After that it was a real roller coaster between high and lows otherwise average not mediocre.

What do you think mediocre means? :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Farewell sweet prince. :proud:

Sad to see him go.

Never has a more potent goal scoring partnership been formed than the one he had with Icardi. :cry:

You're thinking of Milito

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
100% confirmed he's leaving?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I guess he didn't fit our new age quota, but we really shouldn't had released him. 1 year contract would've been ideal. (Is there still a chance that he's still in form, so we can resign him?)

Would've done a better job than Conti at right back. Can play centre-back and has tons of experience. Now? We're left with inexperienced players and it really shows. We're lacking Abate's presence in the locker room and during training before match day.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I guess he didn't fit our new age quota, but we really shouldn't had released him. 1 year contract would've been ideal. (Is there still a chance that he's still in form, so we can resign him?)

Would've done a better job than Conti at right back. Can play centre-back and has tons of experience. Now? We're left with inexperienced players and it really shows. We're lacking Abate's presence in the locker room and during training before match day.

I didn't get letting him go when he showed potential at CB. We could have used the money we spent on Durante to sign a competent RB and let Abate serve as the backup CB.