AC Milan - Champions League 2013/2014

Whom would you want Milan to face in the Play-off round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Story in short -

10 teams play in the Non Champions' Play-off round before the group stage. 5 against 5, winners qualify, losers to go Europa League.

Seeded teams (those with the best co-efficients) cannot face each other.

Seeded teams so far are Milan (Co-eff - 93), Arsenal (113) and Schalke (84). Unseeded teams so far are Pacos de Ferreira (12) and Real Sociedad (17).

5 more teams will reach this round from winning their 3rd knockout round matches. The teams involved in the 3rd KO round are (With co-efficients next to their name) -

Lyon CC: 95.800
Zenit Saint Petersburg CC: 70.766
PSV Eindhoven CC: 64.945
Metalist Kharkiv CC: 62.451
Fenerbahçe CC: 46.400
VS
PAOK CC: 28.800
Red Bull Salzburg CC: 28.075
Nordsjælland CC: 12.640
Grasshopper CC: 7.285
Zulte Waregem CC: 6.880

So once 5 winners come from these matches, the 2 with the highest co-efficients (Lyon and Zenit if they win) will be seeded with Milan, Arsenal and Schalke. The other 3 will be unseeded along with Pacos and Sociedad.

Milan can face one of these other 3 winners from the 3rd KO round (PSV/Metalist/Fenerbahce/PAOK/Red Bull/Nords/Grasshopper/Zulte) or Pacos or Sociedad.

Take your pick.

Elmayonesa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Fenerbahce and five officials incl president facing UEFA hearing on June 22 on fixing charges. Club facing new CL ban

Good news for us(?)

Il Capitano_3

CL winner
Reaction score
hopefully we get grasshoppers. i'm from switzerland, so i watched many games of them.
they played a good season but shouldn't be a Problem for us.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Fenerbahce and five officials incl president facing UEFA hearing on June 22 on fixing charges. Club facing new CL ban

Good news for us(?)

I expect Besiktas to replace them with 34.900 coeff.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I want Sociedad purely for co-efficient purposes. Spain starting the group stages with 3 would be good.

7_Sheva

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many...
I want Sociedad purely for co-efficient purposes. Spain starting the group stages with 3 would be good.

Btw we should buy Illarimendi(?) from them:lol:
This young midfielder whos playing a great u21 tournament.:thumbsup:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

I don't get the point. Italy isn't close to Spain anyways, and Sociedad would probably make more points going straight to EL anyways.

We need the easiest team, we've had hopelessly slow starts to the season for quite a while now (And so have Allegri's teams in general), and Sociedad isn't a bad team.

No gimme Norsjælland (So I can get to watch them :D); or someone equally easy.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

So that they can go to EL have more chance of making it and get more coefficients? No thanks
Not to mention Sociedad is probably the strongest team we can face along with Fenerbavhe.. PSV is good as well but they'll likely lose key players this summer.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, the EL factor is true.

char21

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Champions League 2013-14 Qualifiers 3rd round

CL 2013-14 Qualifiers are coming up in August end and Milan are involved in it. I heard that the tie can be tricky but not sure how the seedings are done and who will be paired against whom?
Considering some of the other big clubs are also there like Arsenal, Schalke and Real Sociedad, will Milan be in a place to avoid these big teams or anybody can play aginst any team?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CL 2013-14 Qualifiers are coming up in August end and Milan are involved in it. I heard that the tie can be tricky but not sure how the seedings are done and who will be paired against whom?
Considering some of the other big clubs are also there like Arsenal, Schalke and Real Sociedad, will Milan be in a place to avoid these big teams or anybody can play aginst any team?

Can't you read?
The previous posts are about our potential rivals, not to mention there is a freaking poll about it..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Can't you read?
The previous posts are about our potential rivals, not to mention there is a freaking poll about it..

He made a thread and it was merged here. :fp:

Why aren't mods changing this dud's name to SuperMesbah already? Should I start collecting his Mesbah posts?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And how the hell was I supposed to know that?

And yes, you should. You've got nothing else to do, since you got demoted :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And how the hell was I supposed to know that?

Common sense. (+ post has a title) In any way you could have been cool not go full Mesbah.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nordsjaelland would be the easiest, especially when they're losing Okore at the back. Hopefully we don't get a Dutch team; they seem to cause problems for Italian...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would want to cut down on the travel as well. I'm beginning to favour Red Bull.

carletto

sacred pig!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ancelotti
I chose zulte waregem. ive never heard of them and we can beat them up cant we errr?

Milan144

The New Inzaghi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi
Fenerbache, Besiktas and Steaua Bukarest banned from Europe.

Any idea who could replace Fenebache (and possibly play us)?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
norsjælland please. Want to see the milan players for the first time :proud:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Fenerbache is banned from Europe for 2 years FYI.

k.n.

Primavera
Reaction score
Fenerbache, Besiktas and Steaua Bukarest banned from Europe.

Any idea who could replace Fenebache (and possibly play us)?

PAOK Thessaloniki, now is on the strongs but PAOK has 3 games punishment from UEFA without fans in the stadium...

Nikfes

Fresh rumour.
Reaction score
Nordsjaelland - Zenit, Salzburk - Fenerbahce Istanbul, PAOK - Metalist Charkov, PSV Eindhoven - Waregem, Olympique Lyon - Grasshopper.

Which of these teams are excluded from our possible opponents list for the play offs? Lyon and Zenit, probably?

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nordsjaelland - Zenit, Salzburk - Fenerbahce Istanbul, PAOK - Metalist Charkov, PSV Eindhoven - Waregem, Olympique Lyon - Grasshopper.

Which of these teams are excluded from our possible opponents list for the play offs? Lyon and Zenit, probably?

yup both teams are excluded

assuming bold clubs will qualify, we'd have fener, metalist, psv, and pacos, sociedad as our possible opponents

Nikfes

Fresh rumour.
Reaction score
yup both teams are excluded

assuming bold clubs will qualify, we'd have fener, metalist, psv, and pacos, sociedad as our possible opponents

I didn't mean this, I'm not that stupid. :D

I'll clarify:

I meant that if for example the bold clubs you mentioned qualify, which one of them will be seeded and will not be one of our possible opponents?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's what he replied to. Lyon and Zenit.