Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:
Passion for *9* said:
He is very much in it for the money. Guess why he is residing in Switzerland (+ in Monte Carlo before) + not Germany ? ;)

Becasue is a far better place to live.

If you substitute better place to live with tax paradise you may have a point :o

Im sure the tax reasons is important to him but myself along with the majoirty of the world would want to live in Monaco compared to Germany.

Rex

Reaction score
All world public's eyes towards to Portugal, but some towards to Canada.. :D ;)

8th Round, Canadian GP at Gilles Villeneuve on June 13, 2004.

This is circuit where Schumi had sweet memory for his F1 professional career. At Gilles Villeneuve, Schumacher who drove for Benetton took podium at 25 years old of age. He was the younger who succeeded to win Canadian GP.

Anyway not only had sweet memory he ever felt but also terrible one which had come up to his head. He was 1 of 3 world champions who had terrible accident and failed to finish the race in '99 (namely Damon Hill on 14th lap, Schumi on 29 and Jacques Villenueve on 34). Welcome to Quebec's wall completely caused the incident.

In 2000 Schumi paidback his last year's failure by grabbing 40th career win and 4 times records of winning Canadian GP. Since the incident, FIA wanted any important changes regarding design standard of circuit; safety factor in particular..

Canadian GP has been become favourite for spectators due to Montreal is suited for taking vacation. The circuit-notoriously tough on brakes-lots of kerbs, traps...plus I recall you this is second fastest circuit after Monza-and still put it in that way in this season.

Unfortunately Jacques will be sitting being spectator..

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
FORZA JANSON BATTON !!

I hope he will get podium again !!

Damn It seems Schumi will continue like we are used to see in this season .. its just a question who will be the 2nd hehe 1st one is secured allways ..

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
it's been looking good for the renault's again this weekend and ralf and montoya seem to have found that they are in williams territory - fastest in qualy 1. here goes the qualifying for the race...come on ferrari!

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
wow!

jenson button has just gone a whole second faster than schumi!
looks like a michelin track then...

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
Canadian GP qualifying results:

1 R. Schumacher WIL 1:12.275 0.000
2 J. Button BAR 1:12.341 0.066
3 J. Trulli REN 1:13.023 0.748
4 J. Montoya WIL 1:13.072 0.797
5 F. Alonso REN 1:13.308 1.033
6 M. Schumacher FER 1:13.355 1.080
7 R. Barrichello FER 1:13.562 1.287
8 K. Räikkönen MLA 1:13.595 1.320
9 D. Coulthard MLA 1:13.681 1.406
10 C. Klien JAG 1:14.532 2.257
11 G. Fisichella SAU 1:14.674 2.399
12 C. da Matta TOY 1:14.851 2.576
13 O. Panis TOY 1:14.891 2.616
14 M. Webber JAG 1:15.148 2.873
15 N. Heidfeld JOR 1:15.321 3.046
16 T. Glock JOR 1:16.323 4.048
17 T. Sato BAR 1:17.004 4.729
18 Z. Baumgartner MIN 1:17.064 4.789
19 G. Bruni MIN no time
20 F. Massa SAU no time

so button is up against schumacher number 2 this time in the race to the first corner...interesting. ralf really pulled it out of the bag, really impressive since he has been so poor this season. i still think that ferrari, renault, bar on podium - williams don't seem to have any race consistency anymore up against these three teams

Rex

Reaction score
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti said:
so button is up against schumacher number 2 this time in the race to the first corner...interesting. ralf really pulled it out of the bag, really impressive since he has been so poor this season. i still think that ferrari, renault, bar on podium - williams don't seem to have any race consistency anymore up against these three teams

Hmmm...I was watching an opening match-Portugal vs Greece... :eek: :D

Anyway once again Ralf really outpacing Montoya twice-1st in Monaco qualifying (unfortunately he changed the engine on Thursday and regulation says it cannot be done-if it be done-the driver drops into 10th place) and this is the 2nd one. I just see him in two sides - a)An inconsistent driver with both either qualifying and race; b)180 degrees of different style of driving-of course compared to Montoya.

Last year Williams put their both drivers took poles (Ralf+Montoya were 1th+2nd place) but the final result-Scuderia F2003-GA who finally came up as champion.

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti said:
16 T. Glock JOR 1:16.323 4.048

Not to bad from him, his first qualifing after Pantano was kicked out of the team due to financial problems.
ANd a really disappointing qulifying from the ferrari's more than a second slower, so looking forward to the race

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
Rex said:
Hmmm...I was watching an opening match-Portugal vs Greece... :eek: :D

so was i! i was checking the live timing at the same time...wasn't gonna miss the opening match!

Rex said:
unfortunately he changed the engine on Thursday and regulation says it cannot be done-if it be done-the driver drops into 10th place

oh i didn't know, well that's a shame for ralf. i guess he had literally a drop of fuel in the fuel tank to ensure that he drops back the minimum amount of places and that's how he managed pole. so i guess it will be an interesting start with trulli and benton racing to the first corner...i bet trulli gets ahead with the trademark amazing renault starts

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ANother Schumi 1 win, whats exciting about formula 1 these days, iots gettin boring and mroe boring, like Eddie Irvine said: Theres not many characters left in the formula 1 who can make it more exciting, like in the past Jacques Villeneuve or Damon Hill, who dont always follow what they above say, and Michael Schumacher is only the end result of the whole cleaning in the formula 1.... :rolleyes: in the past the drivers almost fight each other when they had an accident... :eek: thats over now!!!
sad Takuma Sato, it was his 3rd engine damage in a row, seems that Jenson Button has the better car... even though Sato started from behind, with the tie-car and a new engine
:mad: :head:

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
oo yea it was Schumis 7th (!!) victory in Canada, no other driver has won 7 times on the same circuit, schumis the first and maybe the only for a very looong time!!!

Rex

Reaction score
Timo Glock is considered a hot prospect for F1, his displays yesterday have proved it. :)

A strategy win. Two stop strategy was really superb tactical race by team. Toast for 77th career win+7 times win at Gilles Villeneuve...:beer: ;)

I was aghast to see Kimi had abnormal pitstop: two normal pitstops+had drive through penalty (just because crossed the white line)+two abnormal of changing the steering wheel twice...that's shame of electronics problem...he's man of the match... :eek: :D

But this is latest news shouldn't be happening for Williams and Toyota; they both have been disqualified from Canadian GP after stewards discovered irregularities on the brake ducts of their cars..

Too bad for Ralf and Williams; Toyota.. :head:

Here are revised 2004 Canadian GP results:

1 Michael Schumacher, Ferrari
2 Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari
3 Jenson Button, BAR Honda
4 Giancarlo Fisichella, Sauber Petronas
5 Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren Mercedes
6 David Coulthard, McLaren Mercedes
7 Timo Glock, Jordan Ford
8 Nick Heidfeld, Jordan Ford
9 Christian Klien, Jaguar
10 Zsolt Baumgartner, Minardi Ford

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
Rex said:
I was aghast to see Kimi had abnormal pitstop: two normal pitstops+had drive through penalty (just because crossed the white line)+two abnormal of changing the steering wheel twice...that's shame of electronics problem...he's man of the match... :eek: :D

yes that was terrible for mclaren yet he still finished 7th, and 5th since the whole disqualification thing. just proves he's a great driver despite all the problems in his team. mclaren have had engine failure is 6 out of the 8 races of this season.

Rex said:
But this is latest news shouldn't be happening for Williams and Toyota; they both have been disqualified from Canadian GP after stewards discovered irregularities on the brake ducts of their cars..

Too bad for Ralf and Williams; Toyota.. :head:

true

ralf had his best race of the season but that is now overshadowed by this. however, both teams maintain that it had nothing to do with performance enhancing so it seems williams can still be competitive and haven't gone down the same dark road as mclaren

Rex

Reaction score
9th Round, USA GP at Indianapolis on June 20, 2004.

Well..Indy. The Brickyard. The oval one. Mystical, and imposing spectators. Here is the place where all racing-type fans located.

The circuit itself not really notoriously on brakes along 4,168 km in length with this banked oval and infield combination. The degradation won't cost you much, the speed actually becomes factor will come up here nonetheless. Traction becomes important thing as well, particularly by the time you get into to oval part of circuit and engines certainly roars along 22 second through the pit. Reliability; you must need it. This oval part where you could have a chance to make overtaking manoeuvre.

Williams seems highly motivated after brake ducts scandal, but B.A.R Honda represented by Button would like to be a driver who presumably drowning sweet weekend race of world champion.

Schumi did it last year..

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Rex .. Its Button time to win :D FORZA Button!!

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
and as holland scored their second goal against czech republic the us qualifying finished with a ferrari 1 - 2 except barrichello is in pole this time.
here's the official times:

1 R. Barrichello 1:10.223 0.000 3
2 M. Schumacher 1:10.400 0.177 3
3 T. Sato 1:10.601 0.378 3
4 J. Button 1:10.820 0.597 3
5 J. Montoya 1:11.062 0.839 3
6 R. Schumacher 1:11.106 0.883 3
7 K. Räikkönen 1:11.137 0.914 3
8 O. Panis 1:11.167 0.944 3
9 F. Alonso 1:11.185 0.962 3
10 M. Webber 1:11.286 1.063 3
11 C. da Matta 1:11.691 1.468 3
12 D. Coulthard 1:12.026 1.803 3
13 C. Klien 1:12.170 1.947 3
14 G. Fisichella 1:12.470 2.247 3
15 F. Massa 1:12.721 2.498 3
16 N. Heidfeld 1:13.147 2.924 3
17 G. Pantano 1:13.375 3.152 3
18 G. Bruni 1:14.010 3.787 3
19 Z. Baumgartner 1:14.812 4.589 3
20 J. Trulli no time

Rex

Reaction score
Have a look closely...Scuderia, B.A.R, and Williams places the grid consecutively... :D ;)

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
i'd be stupid if i said it was a standard ferrri dominance day because that's what the result shows:

1 M. Schumacher FER
2 R. Barrichello FER
3 T. Sato BAR
4 J. Trulli REN
5 O. Panis TOY
6 K. Räikkönen MAC
7 D. Coulthard MAC
8 Z. Baumgartner MIN

Unclassified:
9 G. Fisichella SAU
10 M. Webber JAG
11 J. Montoya WIL
12 N. Heidfeld JOR
13 J. Button BAR
14 C. da Matta TOY
15 R. Schumacher WIL
16 F. Alonso REN
17 C. Klien JAG
18 F. Massa SAU
19 G. Pantano JOR
20 G. Bruni MIN

It was clearly a case of consistency and reliablilty and experience. schumacher is truly a master in races where there are several safety cars and he knows what to do at the restarts and the ferrari team knows exactly when to pit their cars - perfection. to be honest i don't think the ferraris were looking that strong (particularly schumi) and the bar's could have taken them but after the first corner crash everything played into ferrari's hands.

alonso's start was amazing! first he went round the outside of th mclarens and then round the inside of the bar's to almost threaten schumi. it's a shame that the renault's seem to be having some sort of slight mid-season dip based on reliability rather than performance

it's great that sato got his first podium however the bar's should have got more out of the race and neither of the cars were involved in the big incidents. minardi got a point...yay!

the ralf incident was certainly scary especially as he didn't seem to be moving much but latest reports suggest that he will be fit to race at magny-cour - amazing how much the cars actually protect the driver from impact these days

pics from indianapolis:

_40294551_gallstartafp300.jpg

_40295171_ralk300_200.jpg

_40294545_gallsatoafp300.jpg

really was ferrari's day-they are the only team that can make it through chaos safely adn actually capitalise on safety cars etc. at the first restart after the first safety car, schumacher really showed barrichello who's the champion there and blew him away. though there were no team orders, in the end it is the team that decides who wins because they decide who pits first, giving one of the drivers priority.

anyone know whey montoya was black flagged?

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Did u guys saw Ralf`s clash with the wall !! :eek: he will kill himself driving like that .. I still doubt that Frank Williams trying to do the same what he did with Ariton Sena ..all belive that F.Williams is guilty for his death .. now Ralf .. hmmmm

Rex

Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
Once more Juan Pablo Montoya was disqualified :head: in round 55 or 57...
what a shame!!!

He joined the race in a spare car. It's clearly described on article 85 of the FIA sporting regulations - if you do it, you get disqualified.

Good no team order in Scuderia displays as it they seem to payback their sorrow of 2002.

So another toast for 78th career win. ;) Keep consistent Rubinho.. :)

Rex

Reaction score
10th Round, French GP at Magny Cours on July 4, 2004.

Known as Prost and Ligier teams home, the surface of track Circuit de Nevers is the smoothest one in F1. Yet there not much appealing you can expect from this circuit. The appealing one is to start the race through Estoril curve and get into Adelaide hairpin. Thereupon, flavorless and monotonous.

The latest news, Ralf, who crashed heavily at USA GP two weeks will be resting for next 12 weeks which means he looks likely not to race at French GP, British, German, Hungarian, and Belgian.

McLaren finally runs their MP4-19B.

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
Rex said:
Known as Prost and Ligier teams home

also renault's home grand prix and that's why it was great for alonso to be on pole. it was a great start for the renaults as alonso stayed in front of schumi and trulli got up to third with the amazing renault start package. i think many of the other teams will be looking inot the renault package as they start muc better than anyone else. renault can always afford to go slightly hevaier than the ferrari's in qualifying because they know they'll make it up at the start.

race result:

1 M. Schumacher
2 F. Alonso
3 R. Barrichello
4 J. Trulli
5 J. Button
6 D. Coulthard
7 K. Räikkönen
8 J. Montoya
9 M. Webber
10 M. Gené
11 C. Klien
12 G. Fisichella
13 F. Massa
14 C. da Matta
15 O. Panis
16 N. Heidfeld
17 G. Pantano
18 G. Bruni

it was a sly move by barrichello at the last corner to take trulli but trulli should have been more on his guard knowing the ferrari was behind him to secure his podium. shcumacher really is a genius - no doubt - i think alonso had the edge with the car on the day but schumacher knew just what to do at each stage of the race to ensure his ninth win of the season. the 4 stops startegy seemed risky but worked in the end as things like that always seem to for ferrari. nice to see 2 british drivers up in the top 6 and the high points. the new mclaren qualified better (for dc) but it didn't do very much in the race though they did improve on performances earlier in the season. once again williams underperformed - they have major problems!

i'm VERY excited cos the cars are coming to regents st. london this weekend and i'm going to see them in all their magnificence! can't wait!

Rex

Reaction score
1. Schumi performed brilliantly. Another 4 superb tactical stops strategy!

2. Rubinho added the euphoria. I would say he made brilliantly overtaking manoeuvre over Trulli than I can't imagine before. Presumably the overtaking manoeuvre of the year.

3. Alonso even couldn't 'catch up' in closing the gap to Schumi either.

4. McLaren seemed looking forward to have another progress at next round due to their new chasis could 'donate' the points.

5. Not a good day for B.A.R Honda and Williams.

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
Rex said:
1. Schumi performed brilliantly. Another 4 superb tactical stops strategy!

2. Rubinho added the euphoria. I would say he made brilliantly overtaking manoeuvre over Trulli than I can't imagine before. Presumably the overtaking manoeuvre of the year.

3. Alonso even couldn't 'catch up' in closing the gap to Schumi either.

4. McLaren seemed looking forward to have another progress at next round due to their new chasis could 'donate' the points.

5. Not a good day for B.A.R Honda and Williams.

Totally agree with all five points, espacially number 1 and 2, incredible stuff by ferrari.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Schumi .. Schumi .. Schumi .. Schumi .. same story every race.. if FIA will get closed it will be coze of him hehehe

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
williams said that they're not sure about ralf's subistitute next race... gené's 10th place did not satisfied the team directors and maybe pizzonia will hahe a chance...

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Poor Ralf still injuried after his crash in Indianapolis, 2 bones are broken in his back, he could have ended in a wheel chair :head:
Its almost sure that Schumacher will set a new record for THE MOST WINS IN A SEASON, 9 out of 10 :eek: :eek:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
MookyRookie said:
Poor Ralf still injuried after his crash in Indianapolis, 2 bones are broken in his back, he could have ended in a wheel chair :head:
Its almost sure that Schumacher will set a new record for THE MOST WINS IN A SEASON, 9 out of 10 :eek: :eek:

Definitly he doesnt have rival .. He + Ferrari are perfect combination .. I just want to see him in any other car .. Minardi something ehhhehe to see him how will perform..

FORZA BATTON!!

Schedule