The epic of Dzeko

Diamond_Džeko

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Rui Costa, Kaka, Cafu, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Ronaldinho
Kako si znao da sam bosanac? odakle se ti?

Reaction score
Edin Dzeko set for Manchester City switch: Roberto Mancini is
closing on £36m Wolfsburg ace

EXCLUSIVE By Simon Jones
Last updated at 7:27 AM on 2nd June 2010

Manchester City were closing in on a shock £36million deal for Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko on Tuesday night.

The surprise move followed the German club's announcement that the Bosnia forward was set to stay after clubs failed to meet Monday's midnight deadline for his £34m buy-out clause.

The highly rated Dzeko scored 27 goals in 46 appearances for Wolfsburg last season and had become a target for Manchester United, Tottenham, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Chelsea but none could match City's financial muscle.
Striking turnaround: Dzeko was expected to stay at Wolfsburg next season

Striking turnaround: Dzeko was expected to stay at Wolfsburg next season

Sportsmail revealed City had expressed their interest last week as they also lined up a move for Valencia's David Silva. Talks continued over the weekend and City now look to have got their man.

They had lined up a £25m deal for Dzeko last season but believed he had his heart set on a move to AC Milan and switched priorities.
Reluctant: Craig Bellamy is not keen on Wolfsburg

Reluctant: Craig Bellamy is not keen on Wolfsburg

Wolfsburg had expressed interest in City strikers Craig Bellamy and Roque Santa Cruz but both were reluctant to move to Germany.

Wolfsburg manager Steve McClaren will be disappointed with Dzeko's departure but will have a decent transfer kitty to launch his assault on the transfer market.

General manager Dieter Hoeness had earlier expressed delight that Dzeko was staying.

However, City's money in the end looks to have persuaded Wolfsburg it was too good an opportunity to turn down, regardless of timing.

The 24-year-old has spent three years at Wolfsburg. He has played 23 times for Bosnia, scoring 14 goals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ion-Manchester-City-switch.html#ixzz0pgiCMPTi

Diamond_Džeko

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
patosheva :)
neznam jos kako da ti odgovorim na post..!! Ma tako e, ja sam ti iz Sarajeva, s Ilidze a zivim u Norveskoj, odakle si ti?

Reaction score
I ja sam crnogorac,ovo dodje ko neki ex-yu skup,a? :D
On topic-the only way to get dzeko is to berlu decide to start spending.Or if gasprom buys a part of club actions so those money can be used on transfer market.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Dzeko is off the market ?

As I read it comes down to the fact that Wolfsburg had a clause of 40 million for him untill June 1, when nobody would pay it, he would stay.
So nobody paid for him, he is staying in Wolfsburg.

For those who think that he is still on the market and can now be selled for a lower price : Wolfsburg would be pretty stupid to give him a clause but then make him availble for a lower price for the remaining 3 months of the transfermarket. Which dumbass would pay 40 million if he would be cheaper in the next month ?
So no Dzeko for us...

Diamond_Džeko

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
okok super :) Ja ti znam Dzeku, bili smo zajedno nekliko puta :)
reci mi jesi li pitar ili manijak?

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
City has made a 40 million bid on Ibra and also willing to pay Ibra's monster wages and even improve it. Only club in the world capable of doing that .. :D

With the recent spat between Ibra's agent and Pep and Barca management won't be surprized if the move happens.

They won't go for Dzeko then.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
City has made a 40 million bid on Ibra and also willing to pay Ibra's monster wages and even improve it. Only club in the world capable of doing that .. :D

With the recent spat between Ibra's agent and Pep and Barca management won't be surprized if the move happens.

They won't go for Dzeko then.

won't be to sure, they're crazyyy :D:D:D

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
okok super :) Ja ti znam Dzeku, bili smo zajedno nekliko puta :)
reci mi jesi li pitar ili manijak?

prije svega znas li ista o mogucem dolasku u milan , a navijam za sarajevo ,znaci pitar ali to nema veze jer volim dzeku jer je prava igracina i covjek hehe

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
prije svega znas li ista o mogucem dolasku u milan , a navijam za sarajevo ,znaci pitar ali to nema veze jer volim dzeku jer je prava igracina i covjek hehe
wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf wtfwtfwtf wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf , wtfwtf wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf :)

In the meantime, I reckon if Dzeko really wanted us, who could arrived ages ago...So NEXT!

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yeah, he'd never have taken that extension if he really really wanted to come.

Diamond_Džeko

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ma ija isto, ja sam ti manijak al ne mrzim FKS. Dzeko je nedavno rekao da mu je san Milan i da zeli da igra za Rossonero al izgleda da Milan nema para :/ oko imas face mozes me slobodno dodati "Adnan Pato Karalic" :) :)

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, he'd never have taken that extension if he really really wanted to come.

He was earning 500K an year . So can't blame him for taking an extension with increased pay.

WB was never willing to sell him last year. What would have happened if Dzeko flopped last year or he had an injury that ruined his career or what if we managed to do our usual amazing tranfer strategies and pulled over last minute like the Cisokko deal. So can't blame him for the extension.

Wolfsberg r the cunts here as they kno the player wants out and is quoting a tag much greater than what he is worth and prizing teams out.

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Could have said NO to the clause, 40 million clause. I know WB are kunts but he played along.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Could have said NO to the clause, 40 million clause. I know WB are kunts but he played along.

The clause was Dzeko could not leave during the CL season and if anyone buys him during the season ( Aug 1st to May 31st ) they have to pay 40 million. See no issues there.

Now that the transfer season has started the clause is invalid. It's just a regular scenario where the highest bidder wins. Now it's upto Galliani's skills to negotiate and get the player.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

So then there was no clause and VfL Wolfsburg could reject ALL offers (so even 50 mio offers)... that's helpful

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He could have said 25 million, is it so hard to understand?

Its like saying.. okay fine.. I'll play for you this year but I want to go to MIlan next year for 25 million

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

You REALLY think VfL Wolfsburg would have said yes to that ????

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WB were desperate to keep him from what I understood, that's why I said. if he really wanted Milan he would be here. I am not saying this now, I have said it before with that extension he shut his chances coming to Milan

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Y shd the clause be 25 million. The reason a clause is there in a contract is to prevent people from poaching a player wen the club doesnt want to sell.

An example is Ganso's 50 million clause, Higuan's 100 m clause, Messi's 250 million clause etc. If u pay over the clause u have the right to negotiate with the player even if the club doesn't want to. No one puts the clause at market value. U r the one finding it hard to understand.

And once the season is over the clause has expired. The reason WB put the clause was cos they din't want Dzeko to leave during the season wen they r playing CL and were defending bundesliga champions.

So stop blaming the clause for our management's incompetency if they fail to sign him now. Now Dzeko is just a regular player in the market whom we can buy without any clause once the transfer season starts.

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My point is not why WB would want to put that clause. I am just saying with that clause Dzeko is not coming to Milan and if Dzeko really wanted to come to Milan only he'd come and its pretty clear to everyone that WB doesn't want to sell Dzeko.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
VfL Wolfsburg aren't crazy, I mean, we are bashing AC Milan for Gourcuff's low clause, and now we're mad because VfL Wolfsburg didn't make that mistake? And maybe VfL Wolfsburg offered Dzeko a very good contract he couldn't resist, he is only human and a Wolfsburg player and I think he shows respect to that club, which is okay! Maybe he could have bigger his chances, but it's not like he didn't try or didn't want to go to Milan... come on... give the guy a rest...

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My point is not why WB would want to put that clause. I am just saying with that clause Dzeko is not coming to Milan and if Dzeko really wanted to come to Milan only he'd come and its pretty clear to everyone that WB doesn't want to sell Dzeko.

WB had that clause to ensure that Dzeko won't leave during this season. Y r u finding this so strange. WB did what smart clubs do and our ******** management does not do. Many clubs in the world had buy out clauses for its star players esp wen they r clubs which r regularly poached by bigger clubs. All latin american clubs have some clause like this on thier stars. This does not mean the stars do not want to move to Europe, it just means the club will get a good prize if they leave which is fair on all sides.

That clause got nothing to do with Dzeko coming to Milan or not. It's clear WB doesn't like to lose the player, but transfer season starts the 1st of June and right now Dzeko does not have any clause. If Galliani and co wants him they can sign him by offering the market prize.

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ma ija isto, ja sam ti manijak al ne mrzim FKS. Dzeko je nedavno rekao da mu je san Milan i da zeli da igra za Rossonero al izgleda da Milan nema para :/ oko imas face mozes me slobodno dodati "Adnan Pato Karalic" :) :)

Dodao sam te ja :p