Week 21: AC Milan - SSC Napoli 26/01/2019 20:30 CET

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
You missed it, check official twitter. Piatek likely to start on bench.

Football-italias hate for Milan is getting out of control then :lol: wont even post the press conference

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
25 January 2019

GATTUSO: "WE'LL NEED A GREAT PERFORMANCE"

Comments from the Coach on the eve of AC Milan v Napoli: "I like Piatek, he’s got great enthusiasm. Ancelotti? If I’ve reached certain levels then it’s also down to him"

It’s a busy week for the Rossoneri, who now prepare to face Napoli in the big match on matchday 21 this Saturday, after recently beating Genoa at the Marassi on Monday. In view of this upcoming fixture, Coach Gattuso today spoke to the press at Milanello prior to his team’s final training session of the week and his squad announcement. His comments were streamed live on*Facebook*and*Milan TV.*

A YOUNG SQUAD
"On too many occasions we’re committing mistakes due to inexperience, however, we’re currently enjoying a positive spell. We put in a poor first-half performance during our recent trip to the Marassi, while we improved after the interval. The same thing also happened against Juventus. These type of matches, including the one on Saturday against Napoli, are what is needed to help us grow."*

THE TEAM’S CONDITION
"I was concerned before Genoa v Milan last week and I wasn’t wrong because in the first 45 minutes we could’ve been 2-0 down. Up until yesterday, I’ve so far seen that a team that is focused and training well. We’ll see how it goes today."

ANCELOTTI
"He has innate technical and personal skills, particularly when it comes to management. He gets in your head, reaching the depths of every player. In 20 years, I’ve only heard few players speak ill of him. Carlo and I have been through a lot, and at times it was like father and son. If I’ve reached certain levels then it’s also down to him."

KOULIBALY
"San Siro has always appreciated and applauded great players. He is one of the best in his position. Should unpleasant episodes occur, given that we’re always speaking about a minority, then I would like to see the other 60,000 applaud."

THE*MATCH*ITSELF
"For us to get all three points, then we’ll need to put in a great performance. We’re facing a team that, on a technical and tactical level, is scary. This year they pass it around like last year, however, they play it long a lot more and they can beat a man easily."

PIATEK
"He is a man of few words, almost like Robocop. He already demonstrated his qualities in training yesterday. He’s physical, he has a desire to score goals and he can attack space. I like him, he’s got great enthusiasm. I’m sure that can be of great help. Let’s wait and see if he starts tomorrow. Higuain? He’s part of the past, I don’t want to discuss him. He made his choice. I thank him for what he gave us, both on a personal and technical level. He suffered a lot from the focus of the media, and undoubtedly the red card and missed penalty against Juve left its mark."

PAQUETÁ
"He’s not your typical Brazilian player and he can still do more. I saw that he was ready right from the off, and it wasn’t by chance that he was starting just a few days after he joined. We expect a lot from him. The market? We’re all sorted. There won’t be any more departures."

INDIVIDUALS*
"It’s true that Leipzig enquired about Calhanoglu but I’ve always told the club that he’s a fundamental player for me. He was never on the market. Zapata? His contract runs out at the end of the season. The club has made him an offer and it’s now down to him to decide. Both the club and I are doing everything to keep him. Cutrone? Over the past few weeks, I think he’s probably understood what I was saying to him. I’ve seen a change in him since the start of the new year. A partnership with Piatek? They are two proper strikers and in certain games, we’ll be able to play with both of them up front. Every player that comes or goes is the consequence of dialogue with the club. So, if Piatek has joined then it means that I like him."

A DECISIVE WEEK?
"We must try to remain close to the Champions League places and then it’ll be all to play for in spring. From here to the end of the season, every match will be decisive."

DEFENSIVE PLAY
"We’ve improved a lot since the start of the year, even though it has to be said that we've given away some goals by ourselves. We can still do more."

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This is Paq's debut in San Siro rite. Im hyped. Gimme a bit of Conti and Piatek too plz.

Two goals by Paqueta and one for Piatek for a 3-0 win in a dominating performance is my absolute dream for tonight.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well our midfield is certainly better than last time, with Monacobaka instead of ChelseaBaka.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Bakaloco tonight.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need to win tonight, i know we can. That lose against them still hurts, if we kept the lead our whole season could have been different

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Carlo out to annihilate our back line
Dx2wbV7XQAA5yLk.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Official: Milan v Napoli

Milan: G Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Bakayoko, Paquetá; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu

Milan bench: Plizzari, A Donnarumma, Mauri, Castillejo, Borini, Conti, Bertolacci, Montolivo, Piatek, Abate, Laxalt

Napoli: Ospina; Malcuit, Albiol, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Callejon, Fabian, Zielinski, Insigne; Mertens, Milik

Napoli bench: Meret, Karnezis, Ghoulam, Luperto, Maksimovic, Hysaj, Diawara, Hamsik, Ounas, Verdi

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoli trying to kill us :lol: it will backfire

FT: Milan 3-1 Napoli

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Are Zielinski and Fabian attacking players?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
who the fuck is malcuit tho

benched hysaj?

VPayne

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Come on boysss!!!! Forza Milan!!!!

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Kessie and Baka will rape them.

My only worry is our FBs...

But pretty sure we'll win this one and it will be a great game.

Forza!!!

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Man Carlo got balls. Love that guy.
Conti could do some real damage vs that line up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Schedule