The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 07-05-2011, 16:13   #2061
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Thanks man.

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 16:23   #2062
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Beretta-Fossati-Verdi trio certainly have good understanding with each other. Should have been leading by at least 2 goals. Calvano has pretty good ball control if he's a box-to-box midfielder, may be playing there coz of Strasser in holding position(?).
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 16:30   #2063
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinar View Post
Beretta-Fossati-Verdi trio certainly have good understanding with each other. Should have been leading by at least 2 goals. Calvano has pretty good ball control if he's a box-to-box midfielder, may be playing there coz of Strasser in holding position(?).
We lacked of unexpected and random movement to PK area from fullbacks, and midfielders. It was clear that in many occasions Baretta, Verdi or Fossati couldn't do anything when facing opponent's defenders since no players try to move to PK area or upfront to distract defender's attention, to make space or to receive pass.

It seems that we play 4-2-3-1 with number 5 and Strasser as two players infront of defenders. We dominated the game but we should do better if we have more players go forward or make random moves to PK area.
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 16:33   #2064
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
We lacked of unexpected and random movement to PK area from fullbacks, and midfielders. It was clear that in many occasions Baretta, Verdi or Fossati couldn't do anything when facing opponent's defenders since no players try to move to PK area or upfront to distract defender's attention, to make space or to receive pass.

It seems that we play 4-2-3-1 with number 5 and Strasser as two players infront of defenders. We dominated the game but we should do better if we have more players go forward or make random moves to PK area.
Guess that's Santonocito besides Strasser. Gotta agree.. not much play from flanks, only Calvano makes runs down right & bit of De Vito, No.3, from left.
Old 07-05-2011, 16:58   #2065
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Strasser almost did Weah proud there.
Old 07-05-2011, 17:00   #2066
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Rete! Rete! Rete! Calvano.
Old 07-05-2011, 17:01   #2067
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Calvano scores and stream switches Palermo-Bari. WTF!
Old 07-05-2011, 17:21   #2068
Capo Ultra
World Cup Winner

E' finita. We won 3-1. Great goals from Verdi and Calvano. Carmona's left-footed strike into the bottom far corner of the goal was also good.
Our next opponent is Inter.
Capo Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 17:22   #2069
laxman
Cult of Shevchenko

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Zidane, Pirlo, Kaka, Inzaghi, Cafu, Messi, Xavi, Serginho

Milan won 3-1 and looks like we'll face Inter in the next game on 14th May.. win will put us in the final tournament along with top 2 finishers of the 3 groups
laxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 17:23   #2070
Youth
World Cup Winner

The way Calvano had space to shoot (on the second goal) was beutiful. Baretta take the defender giving space for Calvano.

I don't like our CBs quality (Pasini and Albertazzi). They are so weak. Ely's coming has been pretty good, he takes CB position from Pasini (who plays as RB). Albertazzi looks no significant improvement. No wonder he never called up to first team to train with CMIIW.
Old 07-05-2011, 18:05   #2071
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
The way Calvano had space to shoot (on the second goal) was beutiful. Baretta take the defender giving space for Calvano.

I don't like our CBs quality (Pasini and Albertazzi). They are so weak.
Ely's coming has been pretty good, he takes CB position from Pasini (who plays as RB). Albertazzi looks no significant improvement. No wonder he never called up to first team to train with CMIIW.
Was a beautiful run from Calvano. Beretta does help others by creating space around him, thanks to his physicality(?)

Romagnolli!
Old 07-05-2011, 20:50   #2072
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Was a beautiful run from Calvano. Beretta does help others by creating space around him, thanks to his physicality(?)

Romagnolli!
We don't need Rogmanolli, we have Ely.
I just don't understand why he is not a starter for our primavera team. Pasini is so liable and Albertazzi until now can't fulfill the hype he got about 2 years ago. Maybe due to Ely's age?

We dominated the game as we pressed and gave little space but we suffered when ball came to penalty area. Our RB was decent btw. He looked better defensively compared to De Vito.
Old 08-05-2011, 18:26   #2073
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
We don't need Rogmanolli, we have Ely.
I just don't understand why he is not a starter for our primavera team. Pasini is so liable and Albertazzi until now can't fulfill the hype he got about 2 years ago. Maybe due to Ely's age?

We dominated the game as we pressed and gave little space but we suffered when ball came to penalty area. Our RB was decent btw. He looked better defensively compared to De Vito.
BTW are you a scout? Coz I haven't noticed you in other threads much.

highlights of yesterday's match:

Old 08-05-2011, 23:51   #2074
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
BTW are you a scout? Coz I haven't noticed you in other threads much.
Of course NOT. . I am probably too affected by my nickname. May be some posts in non-football stuff.

Quote:
highlights of yesterday's match:

Wow, 17 minutes highlights and in a good quality.
Thanks!
Old 09-05-2011, 13:03   #2075
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Fav. Players: Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

Rumors said that four primavera players that could be tried out at least for the pre-season by Allegri next summer are Simone Calvano, Rodrigo Ely, Mattia DeSciglio and Marco Fossati

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=51976

anyway there also rumors that Bologna wants to loan Fossati next season while Palermo wants Ely (on the Rumors thread posted by ACM4Ever)

Signature
People just want to be entertained, and that's what it is. Truth doesn't matter, because what's entertaining is what people are gonna gravitate towards.
Dwa Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 14:02   #2076
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwa Milan View Post
Rumors said that four primavera players that could be tried out at least for the pre-season by Allegri next summer are Simone Calvano, Rodrigo Ely, Mattia DeSciglio and Marco Fossati

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=51976

anyway there also rumors that Bologna wants to loan Fossati next season while Palermo wants Ely (on the Rumors thread posted by ACM4Ever)
Interesting that DeSicglio name is there. He is a left fullback I suppose? If yes, he is not a starter in Primavera. Maybe he has something like Merkel who were not our star in last season championship in Primavera competition.

Great to read Rodrigo Ely is there and now being linked with Palermo! We should stay away with half-contract's stuff with our players now especially players like Calvano, Fossati and Ely.

I only watched Ely trained with senior team (playing 11 vs 11 in the training with Milan firs team) and just previous game. I like him a lot in the training game and in previous game too. Vs Brescia the defense improved a lot since he came (even he only play for some minutes, not so long), at least for the CBs area of work. He was just better than Pasini. Still, I have been confused why Pasini plays ahead of him. I still haven't found the answer. I do hope from this player since my hope for Albertazzi now is not as big as before seeing no significant improvement from him. We need Silva's partner in the making!
Old 09-05-2011, 14:19   #2077
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Fav. Players: Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

Quote:
Interesting that DeSicglio name is there. He is a left fullback I suppose? If yes, he is not a starter in Primavera. Maybe he has something like Merkel who were not our star in last season championship in Primavera competition.

Great to read Rodrigo Ely is there and now being linked with Palermo! We should stay away with half-contract's stuff with our players now especially players like Calvano, Fossati and Ely.

I only watched Ely trained with senior team (playing 11 vs 11 in the training with Milan firs team) and just previous game. I like him a lot in the training game and in previous game too. Vs Brescia the defense improved a lot since he came (even he only play for some minutes, not so long), at least for the CBs area of work. He was just better than Pasini. Still, I have been confused why Pasini plays ahead of him. I still haven't found the answer. I do hope from this player since my hope for Albertazzi now is not as big as before seeing no significant improvement from him. We need Silva's partner in the making!
De Sciglio is a utility player, he can play at many positions (just like Sampirisi who played RB last weekend).. he actually played quite a lot in the last few matches in the primavera but mostly being placed in midfield (Calvano's position against Empoli)
You can see DeSciglio in the previous video where the primavera played against Chievo (His the one that assisted Beretta after playing a one two with Fossati)
De Sciglio is also a pretty regular player in the Italy u-19 team. I think his versatility pretty much the thing that gives him a plus.

Signature
People just want to be entertained, and that's what it is. Truth doesn't matter, because what's entertaining is what people are gonna gravitate towards.
Old 09-05-2011, 14:36   #2078
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
De Sciglio is a utility player, he can play at many positions (just like Sampirisi who played RB last weekend).. he actually played quite a lot in the last few matches in the primavera but mostly being placed in midfield (Calvano's position against Empoli)
You can see DeSciglio in the previous video where the primavera played against Chievo (His the one that assisted Beretta after playing a one two with Fossati)
De Sciglio is also a pretty regular player in the Italy u-19 team. I think his versatility pretty much the thing that gives him a plus.
Thank you mate for comprehensive information about DeSciglio.

We don't need all players come and play in the first team but what we need continuity in a quality. Just like last year when Merkel and Strasser showed Allegri how their qualities were and they got their 'punishment' for that.
That is a fair coach, he just doesn't throw kids on friendly games without giving attention and notice of their performance in the respective games.

For this part (giving chance and trust young players), I am happy to have Allegri. I have been waiting for years such a coach!
Old 09-05-2011, 16:40   #2079
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Could you give me the link of that ACM4ever's post? I've searched in rumors thread but can't find it). Thanks before.
Old 09-05-2011, 17:02   #2080
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Quote:
Could you give me the link of that ACM4ever's post? I've searched in rumors thread but can't find it). Thanks before.
here's the link http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...1803&page=1071

hey no problem, there's the link
just browse it.. I don't know where that ACM get the rumors though hehe
but I think Palermo's interest on Ely has been on for quite a while now.

Signature