Jeremy Menez Thread

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Surely if he was going to Monaco he would of been offered as part of the deal for Kondogbia....or maybe he was ?

Would a Menez for Demeble work ?

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Any news on him? seems to have no place here.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
This guy is still 28, talented as fuck and coming from his most efficient season. I really don't get hate/desire to sell. Yes, he was selfish sometimes, but there were also many cases when he made a good effort/pass and the teammates fucked it up real bad.
The least we should do is give him half a season to see what happens.

He could be even better this season for some reasons:
1. We have a coach that knows what he's doing and doesn't take shit from players.
2. The squad has improved and is more competent, so it is really worth to pass the ball/try a combo and not play by yourself.
3. There is real competition for the place in the squad, so any fuck up could make him a benchwarmer. Menez will not tolerate the bench, so I believe he will work his ass off.

Worst case scenario, we sell him after that, which should not be hard to do for around 10 mil.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He'll be sold, just hope that he plays well in the friendlies, otherwise it will be hard to convince other teams to take him.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As things stand I see him playing the SS role unless we sign someone else.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
:lol:

That explains the adriano signing then

That doesn't explain a 5 year contract and a 3.5 mill a year. Unless Galliani thinks that L.Adriano is the new Inzaghi (the player not the coach :p)... in which case it would be a great buy.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
everyone seems 100% convinced he will be sold.

still not linked with a single club

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
If we need the funds for a good centre back then ofc the obvious choice is to get rid. Otherwise, he can be a good backup.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Bacca and Luiz Adriano work for the team and get their goals, no need for Menez.

Sell for midfielder/cb funds.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
menez is a pretty awesome player who with a better team could only do better.

Unless a very good bid comes in around 20 million, i dont think we should sell him. He has shown he can score big goals and hit in the 10s.

if we play with wingers, I would like SES and Menez to be those players.

Could we pull of a 4-2-2-1

------Berto/Dejong-----Monto/De jong
-Menez----------------------------SES
------------Bacca---Adriano-----------

i know Menez is unlikely to track back, but if we let Abate focus on defending, which he can do very well. Then could this work?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Unless a very good bid comes in around 20 million, i dont think we should sell him. He has shown he can score big goals and hit in the 10s.

i know Menez is unlikely to track back, but if we let Abate focus on defending, which he can do very well. Then could this work?

He actually tracked back a lot of times and even recovered the ball. People seem to forget it

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Maybr put de jong aside him in gattuso-pirlo kinda role so he can focus wreak havoc on opponent defence
And bertolacci-ses/bona can create enough flair and defensive protection on the other side

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He actually tracked back a lot of times and even recovered the ball. People seem to forget it

Yes he did. But also people forget every time he lost the ball for trying to dribble too much, he never gave a shit about it.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
B's words make it sound unlikely we will sell Menez now.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Matri, Adriano, Bacca, El Shaa, Niang, Menez, Verdi, Petagna, Berretta, Cerci, Mastour Bation Good, Good. An entire XI consisting of FWs.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

Man can be selfish but it's like this forum zeroes in on the negative 24/7 he tracked back and let's be real here for a second, without him and lopez who's to say why position we would have been come end of the season?

He is an asset to keep and with the way the market has been getting inflated, selling him for less than 30m after his form is idiotic

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Man can be selfish but it's like this forum zeroes in on the negative 24/7 he tracked back and let's be real here for a second, without him and lopez who's to say why position we would have been come end of the season?

He is an asset to keep and with the way the market has been getting inflated, selling him for less than 30m after his form is idiotic

Lopez i agree with.... but not with Menez. This was the same crap that was being thrown about when balo was here... and look where he is now. If you really think Milan could not have performed as good without him then we as a club are doomed.

Yes he is talented.. but he is also selfish... give me a hard working Niang, pazzini or even SES over him anyday of the week.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Lopez i agree with.... but not with Menez. This was the same crap that was being thrown about when balo was here... and look where he is now. If you really think Milan could not have performed as good without him then we as a club are doomed.

Yes he is talented.. but he is also selfish... give me a hard working Niang, pazzini or even SES over him anyday of the week.

Menez had 16 goals and 4 assists, according to who scored he was man of the match 7 times.

You would take niang and pazzini over menez? Seriously?

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
B's words make it sound unlikely we will sell Menez now.

Yeah, I was getting deja-vu all over with his words for Robinho when Allegri was here. I hope Miha knows how to stand his ground and not get pressured by B to get Menez in the field.

If he was less selfish, I'd say he'd be the ideal SS and not to sell him even for 20 mill. However we can't ignore what he CURRENTLY is. The fact that he got only 2-3 assists in the entire year despite being the focal point of the attack shows that he's not great at connecting with other players.

I have no hope for him, I'm ok with selling him even for 10 mill, if he leaves we'll still be ok in attack. (in the last 4 games we got 3 victories, and Menez wasn't in the field at all ;) )

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Menez had 16 goals and 4 assists, according to who scored he was man of the match 7 times.

You would take niang and pazzini over menez? Seriously?

I can't do this right now. You guys and your stats. It's like you don't even watch the game sometimes but read a whole heap of stats to form your opinions.

Throw those numbers at the less informed. Cos they mean jack diddly squat to me.

Man of the fucking match... SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have people not learnt anything from Argentinas run last year at the World Cup.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nope

They could score goals, but they would also concede goals for fun.

I'm begging you...pleeease..stahhpp

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I love seeing the boys return, please someone post a pic of our Jeremy to welcome him back!

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I was getting deja-vu all over with his words for Robinho when Allegri was here. I hope Miha knows how to stand his ground and not get pressured by B to get Menez in the field.

If he was less selfish, I'd say he'd be the ideal SS and not to sell him even for 20 mill. However we can't ignore what he CURRENTLY is. The fact that he got only 2-3 assists in the entire year despite being the focal point of the attack shows that he's not great at connecting with other players.

I have no hope for him, I'm ok with selling him even for 10 mill, if he leaves we'll still be ok in attack. (in the last 4 games we got 3 victories, and Menez wasn't in the field at all ;) )

Let's face it, our team was shit. We couldn't attack as a team, we were sloppy. I don't blame menez whatsoever for going solo and ignoring his less talented teammates

I propose we see how he behaves this season, if he really doesn't change we can always sell him come January.

Letting him go imo would be such a massive shame, especially for 10m.

Schedule