The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2007, 19:39   #261
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo
 
radioactivenerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London, UK
Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaph
bad decision, imo.
They have to face RM, and I'm sure they won#t get anything this year, least of all the CL.
MAybe even the CLspot for next year is in danger
Well i think more than magath, the thing to blame has been the clubs trasnfer policy over the last 2 years.
Bayern used to be a european giant, and now they really arent too strong at all.
Even with ballack, they were more of a one-man team.
They got the best german talent - schweinsteiger, podolski - and makaay, pizzaro arent bad, but they dont seem to be good enough beat the best european teams.
They havent been aggrssive in the trasnfer market at all recently - no big name has picked htem over any other team. It was good to see them being linked with ribery and riquleme. Riquelme would definitely fill hte void left by ballack, and having ribery and schweinsteiger on the flanks wouldnt be a bad setup for a start. Nobody has replaced Ze Roberto's spot since he left, and ribery would fit right in.
The purchases were possibly magath's fault, since the weakness in the transfer market started with his reign at munich. Hopefully hitzfield can atleast remove some of that lukewarm mentality that seems to have shrouded bayern now.
They need someone to fill in ballack's spot, SPECIALLY now that hargreaves is leaving....they need someone to push schweinsteiger, and DEFNITELY need a couple of good defenders. Lahm is the only outstanding defender, and even he tends to come forward a bit.
That leaves them (at best) with ppl like demechelis and sagnol in the back. Not a very stable defence.

regardless, with Hitzfield, atleast the slight aggressiveness will be back - Im not Bayern fan, but i wouldnt mind seeing ribery, riquelme and maybe one of mertesacker or metzeldar filling the void left by ballak, ze roberto, and a quality defender.


Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 19:53   #262
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Hitzfeld is legendary in RM clashes:"Best team in the world? We've beaten them 5 out of 6 times during past 2 years. I don't see them as best!" (qoute restored according to my memory)


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:14   #263
Rex
Moderator
 
Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Well i think more than magath, the thing to blame has been the clubs trasnfer policy over the last 2 years.
Bayern used to be a european giant, and now they really arent too strong at all.
Even with ballack, they were more of a one-man team.
They got the best german talent - schweinsteiger, podolski - and makaay, pizzaro arent bad, but they dont seem to be good enough beat the best european teams.
They havent been aggrssive in the trasnfer market at all recently - no big name has picked htem over any other team. It was good to see them being linked with ribery and riquleme. Riquelme would definitely fill hte void left by ballack, and having ribery and schweinsteiger on the flanks wouldnt be a bad setup for a start. Nobody has replaced Ze Roberto's spot since he left, and ribery would fit right in.
The purchases were possibly magath's fault, since the weakness in the transfer market started with his reign at munich. Hopefully hitzfield can atleast remove some of that lukewarm mentality that seems to have shrouded bayern now.
They need someone to fill in ballack's spot, SPECIALLY now that hargreaves is leaving....they need someone to push schweinsteiger, and DEFNITELY need a couple of good defenders. Lahm is the only outstanding defender, and even he tends to come forward a bit.
That leaves them (at best) with ppl like demechelis and sagnol in the back. Not a very stable defence.

regardless, with Hitzfield, atleast the slight aggressiveness will be back - Im not Bayern fan, but i wouldnt mind seeing ribery, riquelme and maybe one of mertesacker or metzeldar filling the void left by ballak, ze roberto, and a quality defender.

Bayern are known as 'casual' club in terms of transfer policy amongst other European giants. 'Tight money policy' terms has always been submitted in their budget for buying players+salaries, etc.To avoid club's debt for sure. They haven't been aggresive indeed, no big names has landed than any other teams. But they do more prefer to seek and buy prospect players from 'second division' or to promote youngsters from Bayern's second team, which following categorized soon-to-be improved players in time to come. Another big name is countable that leads experience combining the bunch of youngsters as part of strongly forming's team process. Perhaps it takes time to success, but continuing regeneration looks to be their mainstream to produce 'seeded' players, IMO.

No wonder player, for instance, such Owen Hargreaves is growing his worth-from youth club in Calgary to eventually joined Bayern's junior team, makes ManU extremely would like to use his service at all cost, to strengthen their midfields.

Concerning Magath's discharge of the job, it's risky decision to be made at an early this second half season. Bringing back home the former coach might be gambling, which may lead to either 'succes' or 'destruction' sooner or later. I wouldn't recall any former coach who returned to their former clubs back then, but the ratio of failure is more bigger than living up the expectation, though.

Time will tell, let just Hitzfeld get back to his work first. The challenge already awaits ahead. For board's perspective, this is a must done to make some repair/improvement in any aspects. Lets see how far it goes, then we could make conclusion of it.

Anyway, welcome back Otmar.


Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:22   #264
Italian Tsar
Face
 
Italian Tsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: India
Fav. Players: Maldini, Keane, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Imran Khan, Virender Sehwag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Well i think more than magath, the thing to blame has been the clubs trasnfer policy over the last 2 years.
Bayern used to be a european giant, and now they really arent too strong at all.
Even with ballack, they were more of a one-man team.
They got the best german talent - schweinsteiger, podolski - and makaay, pizzaro arent bad, but they dont seem to be good enough beat the best european teams.
They havent been aggrssive in the trasnfer market at all recently - no big name has picked htem over any other team. It was good to see them being linked with ribery and riquleme. Riquelme would definitely fill hte void left by ballack, and having ribery and schweinsteiger on the flanks wouldnt be a bad setup for a start. Nobody has replaced Ze Roberto's spot since he left, and ribery would fit right in.
The purchases were possibly magath's fault, since the weakness in the transfer market started with his reign at munich. Hopefully hitzfield can atleast remove some of that lukewarm mentality that seems to have shrouded bayern now.
They need someone to fill in ballack's spot, SPECIALLY now that hargreaves is leaving....they need someone to push schweinsteiger, and DEFNITELY need a couple of good defenders. Lahm is the only outstanding defender, and even he tends to come forward a bit.
That leaves them (at best) with ppl like demechelis and sagnol in the back. Not a very stable defence.

regardless, with Hitzfield, atleast the slight aggressiveness will be back - Im not Bayern fan, but i wouldnt mind seeing ribery, riquelme and maybe one of mertesacker or metzeldar filling the void left by ballak, ze roberto, and a quality defender.
I agree with the essence of your post. Bayern need to be more aggressive in the transfer market. Rumenigge confirmed some days back that they have decided to change their transfer strategy i.e., make more big name signings and being ready to splash the cash if they thought someone was good enough to be paid a certain amount of money.

As much as I'd like Riquelme to join a big club and prove his class, I don't think the Bayern management will be even half as indulging as the Villareal board have been with him. He needs the team to be built around him, and won't conform to the stringent rules and professionalism of German clubs. Or any European giant.

In Schweinsteiger they have a gem. In Podolski another. They should look to add to this list and not look to sign players who are 'too good for the Bundesliga and not good enough for the CL'.


Signature

KINGS ALL

Last edited by Italian Tsar; 01-02-2007 at 14:46.
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 14:23   #265
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend
 
milanissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kosova
Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Default

magath is a new hamburger coach
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 13:24   #266
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default

Anyone got news on Klasnic? How did his kidney transplant go?


Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 13:57   #267
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Anyone got news on Klasnic? How did his kidney transplant go?
Unfortunately the transplant was unsuccessful.


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 14:12   #268
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Anyone got news on Klasnic? How did his kidney transplant go?
without success... he faces more time out...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...405421&cc=4716


Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 02-02-2007 at 14:15.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 14:57   #269
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default



Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 23:03   #270
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Bayern Munich just got humbled away from home against Nurnberg... startin' to doubt the abilities of Lahm & Schweinsteiger...


Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 13:17   #271
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend
 
milanissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kosova
Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Default

despite the fact that i hate bayern,i feel really sorry for Milanista and my brother who is Bayern fan
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 14:34   #272
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
Bayern Munich just got humbled away from home against Nurnberg... startin' to doubt the abilities of Lahm & Schweinsteiger...
Have we all forgotten Podolski? I think, no matter how bad they're performing at the moment, Lahm + Schweinsteiger are much better players - at their respective positions, of course.


Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 14:54   #273
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Have we all forgotten Podolski? I think, no matter how bad they're performing at the moment, Lahm + Schweinsteiger are much better players - at their respective positions, of course.
i don't doubt their ability... like i don't doubt Pirlo's ability... but havin' the ability & not showin' it is the bigger concern...

it is like sayin' if you can run non-stop like Gattuso... but choose to stand there without even movin' (walkin' or runnin')... so what is the point of bein' capable if there is no action done to prove it?


Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 15:19   #274
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend
 
Velez Mostar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mostar, BiH
Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Anyone got news on Klasnic? How did his kidney transplant go?
The transplantation of the kidney which his mother gave him was unfortunately unsuccesfull.

Soon they'll try again with his brother's kidney.

Best wishes for Ivan and his family !


Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 16:59   #275
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend
 
milanissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kosova
Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanissimo
magath is a new hamburger coach
sorry, magath refused,stevens is a new hamburger coach
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 18:03   #276
zZ[-_-]Zz
Gli Invicibili
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

East German hooligans in attack on police

A group of 800 football fans attacked police after a regional cup match in eastern Germany on Saturday, causing dozens of injuries, police said on Sunday.

Hooligans from Lok Leipzig hurled cobblestones and concrete blocks, injuring 32 officers and six members of the public after a Saxony state cup match between the club and Erzgebirge Aue II, Leipzig police said in a statement.

Five people were taken into custody and officers were examining video footage to try to identify more of the perpetrators, the statement said.

The cost of the damage was estimated at 12,000 euros, not including 21 police vehicles attacked in what was the latest outbreak of violence involving lower league clubs in Germany.

In October last year, the German Football Association created a task force to look into ways of dealing with the problem after a sharp rise in violence, including a riot after a regional third division match that resulted in 23 police being injured and 22 arrests.

The Italian government suspended all soccer matches on Feb. 2 after the death of policeman Filippo Raciti during rioting at a Serie A match between Catania and Palermo. Play was allowed to resume this weekend.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...408113&cc=4716


Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C' solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 18:14   #277
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend
 
milanissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kosova
Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Default

shcalke won yesterday 2-0,werder lost so schalke is +6 from second place
schalke 48
werder 42
stuttgart 41
bayern 34 (is leading 1-0 against arminia)
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 00:17   #278
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend
 
vani_pirlo_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LUK
Fav. Players: All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Default

could anyone give me a report on how Pavel Pardo and Ricardo Osorio are playing with Stuttgart?


Signature

Thanks Hanna!
vani_pirlo_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 18:56   #279
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon
 
Passion for *9*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vani_pirlo_21
could anyone give me a report on how Pavel Pardo and Ricardo Osorio are playing with Stuttgart?
They've settled in nicely, Pardo has started all matches I think. Stuttgart are playing rather attractive football @ the moment, gotta watch them more often again.


Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 21:34   #280
SempreRossoNero
Viaggiatore
 
SempreRossoNero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: tra la Usa, Italia & Thailandia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
East German hooligans in attack on police

A group of 800 football fans attacked police after a regional cup match in eastern Germany on Saturday, causing dozens of injuries, police said on Sunday.

Hooligans from Lok Leipzig hurled cobblestones and concrete blocks, injuring 32 officers and six members of the public after a Saxony state cup match between the club and Erzgebirge Aue II, Leipzig police said in a statement.

Five people were taken into custody and officers were examining video footage to try to identify more of the perpetrators, the statement said.

The cost of the damage was estimated at 12,000 euros, not including 21 police vehicles attacked in what was the latest outbreak of violence involving lower league clubs in Germany.

In October last year, the German Football Association created a task force to look into ways of dealing with the problem after a sharp rise in violence, including a riot after a regional third division match that resulted in 23 police being injured and 22 arrests.

The Italian government suspended all soccer matches on Feb. 2 after the death of policeman Filippo Raciti during rioting at a Serie A match between Catania and Palermo. Play was allowed to resume this weekend.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...408113&cc=4716
god damn, youd think people would be a little better about things now so soon after catania.........

pretty soon all of europe will be behind closed doors. fucking asshole ultras.


Signature
"YOUR WRONG" - LO TSAR
SempreRossoNero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:44.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.