The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2008, 00:02   #21
siatanhai
World Cup Winner
 
siatanhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9
No, what matters is you giving it all on the pitch, as Ronaldo certainly does, not how he feels about the history of the club. Of course born and bred Mancs like Scholes and Giggs are going to spill blood for the club, but Ronaldo is there to make a career. Its a common mistake to mix commitment and loyalty, Ronaldo is commited if not loyal, but if I had to choose between those two in my player Id still choose the first.
ye i completely agree about ronaldo not being a loyal player, and that many players are 'mercanaries' but what im saying is success most of the time goes to team with most loyalty (aswell as ability - but in latter stages of champs league everyone tends to have ability)
thinking of it comittment with lack of loyalty = barcelona (except ronaldinho recent comittment)
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 12:03   #22
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

The fact that Ronaldo has said he would like to go to Madrid one days is fine, no Manutd fan has a problem with that because its expected that a player who is from portugal would prefer to play in Spain than in England, but its the comments that he is making. Its like he is toying with us, telling us one thing, then going to a spanish radio saying he is interested. One week he is saying 'I am loving it at Manutd and i want to stay' but then we hear on a spanish radio he has said things like 'It is a dream for me to play in Spain and i hope one day I will'. The fact that he is saying this at the same time Madrid are doing there normal public 'tapping up' of a player as they did with Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc is disrespectful IMO.

Its like he is playing mind games with the Manutd fans and clearly thinks he is bigger than the club when he should be grateful for now atleast that we are the team that 'made' him. A bit of loyalty would be nice.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 13:04   #23
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
besides ronaldo our club has a lot of class, and thats not me being biased at all.

edit: i meant to edit my previous post but pressed 'reply' instead.
man utd are very market oriented like real and barca ... i know you like them and i dont deny their great history (which real madrid and barca also share) but man utd always wanna spend big on anyone, i consider milan and liverpool more classy to be honest, they have different european pedigree and have a different vibe within the squad.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 13:08   #24
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

we have dida and gila who had the worst fakes in history but that doesnt change the fact that ronaldo is an absolute douche who needs to be dipped in acid. just because we have those idiots doesnt mean its ok for us to get more idiots, it means we have to get rid of idiots and have the class team we have been known for.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 13:39   #25
Wild
*Rejuvenation*
 
Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lebanon-Beirut
Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Default

Since we r talkin about blackmailing the club @ least C.Ronaldo didnt force his shit 4 a brother as a player + earn close to 2mil
I dont care about his dives or personality , he is justifying his salary more than half their team & more than 90% of our players.


Signature

Last edited by Wild; 28-05-2008 at 13:49.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 13:54   #26
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara
man utd are very market oriented like real and barca ... i know you like them and i dont deny their great history (which real madrid and barca also share) but man utd always wanna spend big on anyone, i consider milan and liverpool more classy to be honest, they have different european pedigree and have a different vibe within the squad.
I couldnt disagree more.

we respect our former players more/as much as anyone, every single player that has had a good career with us gets offered a coaching job.

liverpool don't.

we are constantly doing things for the munich victims, (they all came to watch the final aswell)

Liverpool cheat by diving a lot, yet they never get critisised by the media for it, the likes of torres, Gerrard, Babel etc.

There fans are disgraceful. always banging on about Munich, watch any Liverpool - Manutd match, theres is about 20 banners saying things about munich and the club don't stop them, wheras a few years back someone brought in a banner about heysel and we chucked them out, and banned them for life.

for instance, remember when Alan Smith broke his ankel and dislocated at the same time? Well the liverpool fans wouldnt move away fro the ambulance amd then grafitied it while it was trying to get to the hospital.

Liverpool have a history of tapping up players, not so much recently but in the past they have.

Just because your market orientated doesnt reflect class, it just shows you are good at business, Liverpool are also quickly increasing with this anyway.

We don't spend big on 'anyone', we do it for those players we need.
Actually if you look at the spending under Rafa, it has been MORE than what we have spent, the difference is Rafa has brough in about 20 players, all worth around 8M, but then sold them for 2M.
There was a thread about Manutd's spending on a liverpool forum, i joined and showed them the table of spending and i got banned for 'causing touble' when i had acted respectfully.

Just because a team has more pedigree in terms of success doesnt make them a more classy club. Madrid have more pedigree than anyone, yet i think they are totally classless.

this 'vibe' you mention, what do you mean? you may remembr a few fights (literally) in there squad last season so the 'vibe' isnt great there.

plus we give more to charity than any other club in Europe, fair enough that could be down to the fact that we get more money coming in for merchandising though.
Every month all of our player go to hospices to see the children, and all of the sick have life long passes to come and watch there faviorite players train and have match tickets - liverpool don't do this.

Take that scottish player that passed away earlier in the season, we have given them money for the family amongst other things.

We always congradulate winners on our website, we always say good luck to those who have been injured i.e eduardo.

We never go personal with insults (madrid the exception) wheras Rafa and liverpool are constantly doing this. the Gareth Barry saga is the latest thing.

plus liverpool always make excuses, like arsenal, and never give credit to the other team. sore losers.

just my opinion though, but as much as people don't like manutd, most none big 4 supporting fans believe that we are by miles the classiest of the 'big 4'.


anyway back on topic:

here is a video of ronaldo's goals this season:

Last edited by manutd fan; 28-05-2008 at 13:57.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 14:12   #27
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo
 
radioactivenerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London, UK
Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
There was a thread about Manutd's spending on a liverpool forum, i joined and showed them the table of spending and i got banned for 'causing touble' when i had acted respectfully.

Link?


Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 14:22   #28
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd

Link?
i think they colsed it, they close every thread which shows them in a bad light.

they have deleted the threard where we won the CL, because there was som many munich jibes, when we beat them 1-0 in 07, i think when we beat them 3-0 aswell, all got deleted, i'll look just incase though.

edit: it seems they have deleted it, but i did find this amusing post highlighting the dillusion they have:

---------------
'Are we better than United and Arsenal?

Yes! I'd say so.

Look at Arsenal.Look at their midfield.They don't have a Masher, a Stevie.Look at their defence.They don't have a Sammi lad an Agger or a Carra nor do they have a Skrtel.

Look at Adebayor.He's scored goals, but he's no 'Nando.Nando, the beautiful blonde goal scorer.The all round total player.Envy is what I see from down London way.And after the Inter game, I saw envy the world over.

Look at United.Who would you honestly take out of their lot?Ronaldo?Maybe.Rooney?No.Not good enough.Anderson, their new shining light..... he's a poor mans Lucas.Nani, with all his tricks and shimmies - no end product.Jermaine is the best crosser of a ball I have seen in decades.Give him time, and he will rule.Look at Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand - all error prone.They're not Carra's.Carra - the local lad, the Scouser.He's one of us and he's the worlds best.On a par with Beckenbauer.Envy is what I see from Manchester way.Ferguson knows it.We know it.Harry Kewell knew it when he signed and he was right.

This seasons title challenge has been ruined because of Hicks and co.Only the off-field uncertainties have stopped us from winning the league.As soon as we get DIC in, we will be back where we belong.With the world holding it's breath, in awe of our heroic footballing deeds.

------------

Last edited by manutd fan; 28-05-2008 at 14:45.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 14:34   #29
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, KakŠ, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Its like he is playing mind games with the Manutd fans and clearly thinks he is bigger than the club when he should be grateful for now atleast that we are the team that 'made' him. A bit of loyalty would be nice.
I agree 100% however you must also keep in mind the Fergie is not the most loyal of managers either....and is actually known to be quite ruthless when choosing his squad... This is not to say that there haven't been players that he stood by like Ferdinand for instance, but if I were CR7 and I knew of Fergie's rep I'd be keeping my options open too. Personally I think CR7 could be a tad more discreet in weighing his options because in essence Fergie made him (Even though from the first day I saw him in the transfer rumors I KNEW he was going to be special). However I'd say that he has more than repaid Fergie and if he leaves in anything more than the next season I'd say everything was fair. Better it happens that way than he get flogged out the way Stam, Keane , Yorke and worst of all Beckham did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara
that doesnt change the fact that ronaldo is an absolute douche who needs to be dipped in acid. just because we have those idiots doesnt mean its ok for us to get more idiots, it means we have to get rid of idiots and have the class team we have been known for.
Get off your high horse....everyone has imprefections. Judge players on their contribution to the team and NOT on their personalities. And FYI "foxes don't meawwww"
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
we respect our former players more/as much as anyone, every single player that has had a good career with us gets offered a coaching job.

we are constantly doing things for the munich victims, (they all came to watch the final aswell)

Just because a team has more pedigree in terms of success doesnt make them a more classy club. Madrid have more pedigree than anyone, yet i think they are totally classless.

plus we give more to charity than any other club in Europe, fair enough that could be down to the fact that we get more money coming in for merchandising though.
Yes ManU IS a classy club. Some people act like Milan is the sole owner of class (which is in itself quite presumptuous). Didn't like how Fergie destroyed the class of 99 with his own hands though. THAT was highly UNCLASSY. I could NEVER see Milan's management doing what Fergie did to Keane, Stam, Yorke and Becks. Fergie was also on the verge of kicking Giggs to the curb as well don't let the latest results/ comments fool you
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 14:59   #30
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Yes ManU IS a classy club. Some people act like Milan is the sole owner of class (which is in itself quite presumptuous). Didn't like how Fergie destroyed the class of 99 with his own hands though. THAT was highly UNCLASSY. I could NEVER see Milan's management doing what Fergie did to Keane, Stam, Yorke and Becks. Fergie was also on the verge of kicking Giggs to the curb as well don't let the latest results/ comments fool you
i agree with your post except part of this bit, this is why:

Stam critisized fergie in his autobiography and said a few insults about him, thats why he was sold.
altough recently Fergie said he regretted selling Stam and that this was his biggest mistake.

Keane, have you heard of the famous interview that he did on MUTV that was banned?
he went really personall in insulting rio, fletcher, oshea, richardson etc. Keane also nearly had a fight with quieroz.

Beckham was sold because he started acting like he was bigger than the team, and he has a mdeia circus surrounding him at all times which affected the other players.
one time he told Fergie could he have 2 days off training, Fergie said yes but later it was found out that all Beckham was doing was modelling!

Yorke started partying day and night, and started disrupting the team.
but, before the WC 06 Fergie let dwight get full fitness by training with us, so they made up.

Roy keane actually said he felt the 99' team should have been broken up sooner, as players ego's started to grow.

Iagree about the giggs thing though, but he had 2 extremely poor seasons, so he was on the verge of going to Inter, but Fergie stopped at the last minute saying he couldnt get rid of him as he has a sought of father-son bond with him, same with a few others.

apparently the only reason why scholes started this years final was because fergie was paying him back for loyalty because he missed the 99' final.
otherwise its almost certain that Anderson would have played because of Chelsea's physicality.

Fergie likes players who keep a low profile off the pitch. Thats why his faviorite players are giggs, scholes, neville, hargreaves, solskair(now a reserve team coach) etc.

but back on ronaldo, maybe he has already payed back Fergie's loyalty, but i still think he should say right now weather hes off or not, instead of making everyone nervous.

fergie has actually flown to Portugals training ground to talk with ronaldo yesterday apparently.

supposedly, manutd went to madrid and said if you want ronaldo you will have to pay £50M, plus diarra, ramos and robinho.

I would take that tbh, except try as hard as we can to get cassillas instead of diarra, not likely i know but you never know.

Last edited by manutd fan; 28-05-2008 at 15:03.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 15:46   #31
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, KakŠ, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
i agree with your post except part of this bit, this is why: Stam critisized fergie in his autobiography and said a few insults about him, thats why he was sold.
altough recently Fergie said he regretted selling Stam and that this was his biggest mistake.
Fergie up till recently couldn't handle opposition of any sort. Neither was he good at keeping egos at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Keane, have you heard of the famous interview that he did on MUTV that was banned?he went really personall in insulting rio, fletcher, oshea, richardson etc. Keane also nearly had a fight with quieroz.
No but I'm dying for a link

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Beckham was sold because he started acting like he was bigger than the team, and he has a media circus surrounding him at all times which affected the other players. one time he told Fergie could he have 2 days off training, Fergie said yes but later it was found out that all Beckham was doing was modelling!
To me that's more proof that he couldn't handle the modern footballer with all the baggage that it brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Yorke started partying day and night, and started disrupting the team. but, before the WC 06 Fergie let dwight get full fitness by training with us, so they made up.
Yes they did make up and as a Trini I would like to publicly apologise for Yorke's stupidity But you must agree that he was treated harshly. And all bias aside he DID try to redeem himself later on just prior to his sale and played better than RVN (remember the 6-0 mauling of Arsenal?) He should have at least been given another chance. But all credit to him and Fergie for burying the hatchet later

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Iagree about the giggs thing though, but he had 2 extremely poor seasons, so he was on the verge of going to Inter, but Fergie stopped at the last minute saying he couldnt get rid of him as he has a sought of father-son bond with him, same with a few others.
Bullshit. Giggs form improved end of


Anyway THAT is why I will always give Carlo my undying respect. Do you think that there are NO egos at Milan? Do you think there aren't the odd disruptive influence or two? Of course there are. But Carlo is the man that always keeps it together. Sheva was always a handfull and he and Seedorf never saw eye to eye. Seedorf is a huge ego on his own. Kaka has often publicly criticised Carlo as have Gattuso, Billy, Sheva and even his own darling clarence. But Carlo keeps the group so tightly knit and this in itself is part of the secret to our success and a huge reason why we are regarded as one of the classiest teams
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 15:58   #32
David-Regal
Maldini groupie
 
David-Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players: PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
The fact that Ronaldo has said he would like to go to Madrid one days is fine, no Manutd fan has a problem with that because its expected that a player who is from portugal would prefer to play in Spain than in England, but its the comments that he is making. Its like he is toying with us, telling us one thing, then going to a spanish radio saying he is interested. One week he is saying 'I am loving it at Manutd and i want to stay' but then we hear on a spanish radio he has said things like 'It is a dream for me to play in Spain and i hope one day I will'. The fact that he is saying this at the same time Madrid are doing there normal public 'tapping up' of a player as they did with Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc is disrespectful IMO.

Its like he is playing mind games with the Manutd fans and clearly thinks he is bigger than the club when he should be grateful for now atleast that we are the team that 'made' him. A bit of loyalty would be nice.
I think it is the media who caused these kind of trouble.

In interviews, the players answer questions instead of speaking on their own. So it's probably CR7 would like to stay with Man Utd (his stance). In the interviews, reporters ask "Cristiano, would you like to play for Real Madrid one day?" and the answer will be "Definitely. Real Madrid is a club I have dreamed of playing since I was young. I would love to play there one day. However, I am currently satisfied with my life in Man Utd."

Now guess what will be published? "Definitely. Real Madrid is a club I have dreamed of playing since I was young. I would love to play there"

In interviews with Spainish newspapers, you can't just say "Madrid has no class. I don't want to play for them." It's basic respect to answer these kind of questions in the way I mentioned above, but it often turn out to be a chance for media to boost their sales.
David-Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 16:16   #33
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

^
true, the media do put a spin on things, hopefully your right and he'll stay nbecause obviously hes a brilliant player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Fergie up till recently couldn't handle opposition of any sort. Neither was he good at keeping egos at bay.

No but I'm dying for a link
I don't have a link to the actual interview because MUTV never showed it but if you go on Roy Keane's page on wikepedia there will probably be something there.

Fergie could keep ego's though. at the start of his career Giggs had the same publicity that Beckham had, but Fergie kept him in check, have you heard of the 'giggs and sharp party' where fergie was in a meeting, got a call from someone saying giggs and lee sharpe were partying, so Fergie left the meeting, drove to the house, knocked on the door and literally dragged giggs and sharp out of there lol. He stopped giggs just before his publicity got going if you get what i mean.

But all of the 'class of 92' had the papers hounding them, but Fergie kept them all in check, unfortunaately Becks 'slipped through' and when he married Victoria he went down hill.

Cantona was a MASSIVE ego, but Fergie man manged him well aswell, as was Paul Ince.

and you mention that shevchenko and seedorf didn't see eye to eye, well cole and sheringham had a major falling out and didnt speak for 3 years, but Fergie dealt with them fine.

I do agree though that Fergie could have handled Yorke and Beckham better, but i can understand the Stam thing, if someone personally insults you, your not gonna be best pleased are you.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 17:04   #34
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
^
at the start of his career Giggs had the same publicity that Beckham had, but Fergie kept him in check, have you heard of the 'giggs and sharp party' where fergie was in a meeting, got a call from someone saying giggs and lee sharpe were partying, so Fergie left the meeting, drove to the house, knocked on the door and literally dragged giggs and sharp out of there lol.
LOL thats hilarious
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 19:21   #35
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
I couldnt disagree more.

we respect our former players more/as much as anyone, every single player that has had a good career with us gets offered a coaching job.

liverpool don't.

we are constantly doing things for the munich victims, (they all came to watch the final aswell)

Liverpool cheat by diving a lot, yet they never get critisised by the media for it, the likes of torres, Gerrard, Babel etc.

There fans are disgraceful. always banging on about Munich, watch any Liverpool - Manutd match, theres is about 20 banners saying things about munich and the club don't stop them, wheras a few years back someone brought in a banner about heysel and we chucked them out, and banned them for life.

for instance, remember when Alan Smith broke his ankel and dislocated at the same time? Well the liverpool fans wouldnt move away fro the ambulance amd then grafitied it while it was trying to get to the hospital.

Liverpool have a history of tapping up players, not so much recently but in the past they have.

Just because your market orientated doesnt reflect class, it just shows you are good at business, Liverpool are also quickly increasing with this anyway.

We don't spend big on 'anyone', we do it for those players we need.
Actually if you look at the spending under Rafa, it has been MORE than what we have spent, the difference is Rafa has brough in about 20 players, all worth around 8M, but then sold them for 2M.
There was a thread about Manutd's spending on a liverpool forum, i joined and showed them the table of spending and i got banned for 'causing touble' when i had acted respectfully.

Just because a team has more pedigree in terms of success doesnt make them a more classy club. Madrid have more pedigree than anyone, yet i think they are totally classless.

this 'vibe' you mention, what do you mean? you may remembr a few fights (literally) in there squad last season so the 'vibe' isnt great there.

plus we give more to charity than any other club in Europe, fair enough that could be down to the fact that we get more money coming in for merchandising though.
Every month all of our player go to hospices to see the children, and all of the sick have life long passes to come and watch there faviorite players train and have match tickets - liverpool don't do this.

Take that scottish player that passed away earlier in the season, we have given them money for the family amongst other things.

We always congradulate winners on our website, we always say good luck to those who have been injured i.e eduardo.

We never go personal with insults (madrid the exception) wheras Rafa and liverpool are constantly doing this. the Gareth Barry saga is the latest thing.

plus liverpool always make excuses, like arsenal, and never give credit to the other team. sore losers.

just my opinion though, but as much as people don't like manutd, most none big 4 supporting fans believe that we are by miles the classiest of the 'big 4'.


anyway back on topic:
wow man... take it easy dude... i never said man utd is classless, i know theyre a great club and they have great fans too, and great players throughout their history that have been kept in memory due to the devotion of the club... but by saying i find milan and liverpool more classy than the market oriented clubs i meant to say they are more of an old school type of teams, i think football has changed drastically since that cunt abrahmovic took control of chelsea and prices have been driven up and alot of teams have followed due to several reasons (which are not neccessarily all bad), man utd are among those teams but i dont blame them for chosing this because they have the spending power to do so and they needed to stay in competition with the rest, while real who also followed just did it because they had alot of money and blew it away because they didnt know how to use it (given that they had one of the best squads in club football history under Del Bosque). other teams like milan and liverpool didnt opt to take this path, they had a good team that needed a few twitches here and there and repaired them with the most suitable player not neccessarily the next big superstar on the market, i like teams that spend correctly, i dont like teams that go for anyone and offer atleast 20m euros (eventhough we have been overdoing it with the bargaining the last few transfer markets). and thats what i mean by market oriented.

also, by old school, i like the selections these 2 clubs make, i like the tactics we play, for example when we beat man utd last year in san siro that reminded me of 1990's football, i havent seen that kind of play in a long time and that to me is the best display ive seen. liverpool too have several memorable games in the last few years that goes down to their never say die attitude and great tactics of benitez. also marketing wise, i tend to dislike clubs that are overpromoted, you see the home, away, 3rd, gk, and 2nd gk shirts of man ud, real madrid, barca, chelsea shirts in stores while those of milan and liverpool usually include just the home and sometimes away if ur lucky, thats not hitting out at any of these clubs or the store, its just that these stores chose to brand these clubs more than others because stupid consumers dont always want to buy the best player shirt, they want the flashiest players (like the ronaldo cunt) or the most talked about ones, now you have a new generation of show off cunts in football that play like ronaldo, they have that stupid haircut of his, wear highlighter football boots and want to make his stupid moves and run into a million defenders then waste the ball... thats why i dislike these market oriented teams because thats their mentality. i like football the easy way, the traditional way, i like kaka better than ronaldo (and i would if i didnt support milan), i like adidas more than nike, i like to win 4 games with 1-0 than 1 game with 4-0. and again im not hitting out at anyone (except that ronaldo cunt) but that just the way i see things in this sport.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 19:27   #36
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
i think they colsed it, they close every thread which shows them in a bad light.

they have deleted the threard where we won the CL, because there was som many munich jibes, when we beat them 1-0 in 07, i think when we beat them 3-0 aswell, all got deleted, i'll look just incase though.

edit: it seems they have deleted it, but i did find this amusing post highlighting the dillusion they have:

---------------
'Are we better than United and Arsenal?

Yes! I'd say so.

Look at Arsenal.Look at their midfield.They don't have a Masher, a Stevie.Look at their defence.They don't have a Sammi lad an Agger or a Carra nor do they have a Skrtel.

Look at Adebayor.He's scored goals, but he's no 'Nando.Nando, the beautiful blonde goal scorer.The all round total player.Envy is what I see from down London way.And after the Inter game, I saw envy the world over.

Look at United.Who would you honestly take out of their lot?Ronaldo?Maybe.Rooney?No.Not good enough.Anderson, their new shining light..... he's a poor mans Lucas.Nani, with all his tricks and shimmies - no end product.Jermaine is the best crosser of a ball I have seen in decades.Give him time, and he will rule.Look at Evra, Vidic and Ferdinand - all error prone.They're not Carra's.Carra - the local lad, the Scouser.He's one of us and he's the worlds best.On a par with Beckenbauer.Envy is what I see from Manchester way.Ferguson knows it.We know it.Harry Kewell knew it when he signed and he was right.

This seasons title challenge has been ruined because of Hicks and co.Only the off-field uncertainties have stopped us from winning the league.As soon as we get DIC in, we will be back where we belong.With the world holding it's breath, in awe of our heroic footballing deeds.

------------
this guy is probably some normal 15-20 year old fan who just wants someone to quote him in their golden posts thread. i wouldnt take him seriously, we have some people like that here and im sure man utd have it in theirs, its normal. and the part where he says who would u take from man utd just shows his stupidity, any team would want a player like rooney, evra, ferdinand and the comaprisons he makes are stupid, anderson is better than lucas, nani is a great talent and so is pennant, vidic is a great defender currently better than skrtel, and carragher is overrated hes just a fighter thats all.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 19:34   #37
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl

Get off your high horse....everyone has imprefections. Judge players on their contribution to the team and NOT on their personalities. And FYI "foxes don't meawwww"
i never denied ronaldos ability, and if the world player of the year award goes to someone other than him then that would be the biggest crime. i dont deny he scored many goals mostly spectacular ones, created many assists also spectacular ones, and contributed in all aspects to man utds success this year. that would be stupid, only idiots hide from the truth, but it is also true that his personality is probably the worst in the history of the sport, what a cocky sob, i dont want him here, there are many other great players, with a much more humble personality, if we had this shit then we will lose our reputation as a respected team because ive never seen so many people hate a person he could go into contention with george bush. let him stay where the spotlight is contstantly over his head just how he likes it so that when he fucks up we get to have a bigger laugh at him while he starts crying again (i wish terry scored that PK)

p.s. meaw was a joke ffs
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 19:40   #38
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara
wow man... take it easy dude... i never said man utd is classless, i know theyre a great club and they have great fans too, and great players throughout their history that have been kept in memory due to the devotion of the club... but by saying i find milan and liverpool more classy than the market oriented clubs i meant to say they are more of an old school type of teams, i think football has changed drastically since that cunt abrahmovic took control of chelsea and prices have been driven up and alot of teams have followed due to several reasons (which are not neccessarily all bad), man utd are among those teams but i dont blame them for chosing this because they have the spending power to do so and they needed to stay in competition with the rest, while real who also followed just did it because they had alot of money and blew it away because they didnt know how to use it (given that they had one of the best squads in club football history under Del Bosque). other teams like milan and liverpool didnt opt to take this path, they had a good team that needed a few twitches here and there and repaired them with the most suitable player not neccessarily the next big superstar on the market, i like teams that spend correctly, i dont like teams that go for anyone and offer atleast 20m euros (eventhough we have been overdoing it with the bargaining the last few transfer markets). and thats what i mean by market oriented.

also, by old school, i like the selections these 2 clubs make, i like the tactics we play, for example when we beat man utd last year in san siro that reminded me of 1990's football, i havent seen that kind of play in a long time and that to me is the best display ive seen. liverpool too have several memorable games in the last few years that goes down to their never say die attitude and great tactics of benitez. also marketing wise, i tend to dislike clubs that are overpromoted, you see the home, away, 3rd, gk, and 2nd gk shirts of man ud, real madrid, barca, chelsea shirts in stores while those of milan and liverpool usually include just the home and sometimes away if ur lucky, thats not hitting out at any of these clubs or the store, its just that these stores chose to brand these clubs more than others because stupid consumers dont always want to buy the best player shirt, they want the flashiest players (like the ronaldo cunt) or the most talked about ones, now you have a new generation of show off cunts in football that play like ronaldo, they have that stupid haircut of his, wear highlighter football boots and want to make his stupid moves and run into a million defenders then waste the ball... thats why i dislike these market oriented teams because thats their mentality. i like football the easy way, the traditional way, i like kaka better than ronaldo (and i would if i didnt support milan), i like adidas more than nike, i like to win 4 games with 1-0 than 1 game with 4-0. and again im not hitting out at anyone (except that ronaldo cunt) but that just the way i see things in this sport.
fair enough, except where liverpool might win 4 games 1-0, we win 4 games 4-0

I do agree that we are very commercial though, but then that comes with the territory of being arguably the most popular team in the world.

But one thing i didn't get, is you said Liverpool don't go out and spend on anyone, when they do, the have brought atleast 20 players in the last few years, but then sold them for say 1M. The difference is when we spend money we do it to enhance the team, wheras say Liverpool may have 5/6 Left backs rotting in the reserves who were brought for 6M each.

but i suppose everyone has a different opinion

Last edited by manutd fan; 29-05-2008 at 19:45.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 01:45   #39
siatanhai
World Cup Winner
 
siatanhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Default

after taking up about 40 mins of my time i think iv read everything since i last posted, my conclusions are ;

1.milan is classier than other teams due to our professionality, lack of 'thugs', great world class characters (eg maldini,nesta,pirlo,inzaghi - and my fav cafu = the model professional even though he gone)

2.man utd transfer policy far better, quicker,more effective than ours - actully last couple of seasons we are not even comparible - they need strengthening of positions for players who havnt even gone yet, step up nani,anderson (for scholes n giggs), carrick,hargreaves yes they all were 'splashes' but they all play absolutely class and are developing perfectly in the presence of the players they are going to eventually replace, i mean apart from kleberson, djemba djemba, howard have they signed any 'failures' or less harshy 'disappointments' i cnt think of any recent ones

3. liverpool have history and a good spanish manager, i dnt see any extra class from them than i do any other top club - they have what seems a very quickly put together side with players leaving n coming all the time - no gelling or team bonding throughout the whole squad
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 03:17   #40
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Respubliko Makedonio
Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Default

He's the sole reason I began to hate Manchester. I used to like them a lot some time ago, actually I have their 1997 away jersey (Sharp ) but this asshole made me hate, hate, hate the whole team.

I can't fucking stand him, his mere presence is revolting.


Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.