The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the Russian League 2009?
Rubin Kazan 4 44.44%
Spartak Moscow 1 11.11%
Zenit St. Petersburg 2 22.22%
CSKA Moscow 1 11.11%
Lokomotiv Moscow 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-10-2009, 22:51   #1
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
Default Russian Premier League Thread

Ok I guess when the site crashed my thread was deleted. Oh well, Im reviving it.
I dont see why no one else made this since the Russian League is quickly becoming one of the best in Europe.
UEFA Cup wins in 2005 (CSKA Moscow) and 2008 (Zenit St. Petersburg)
We also have many top players in other leagues too:
Arshavin (Arsenal), Zhirkov (Chelsea), Bilyaletdinov (Everton), Pogrebnyak (Stuttgart), Izamilov (Sporting CP), Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham)

Last edited by nosskyline; 20-10-2009 at 23:00.
nosskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 22:53   #2
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi

SO, how about RUBIN BEATING THE TREMBLE WINNERS???
Old 20-10-2009, 22:54   #3
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Футбольный клуб "Локомотив" Москва for the win!

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 22:58   #4
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Lol. Loko suck nowadays. But I dont care about their rivalries, all I want to see is ALL Russian clubs doing good in Europe. I root for all of them when they play
Old 20-10-2009, 23:02   #5
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

I noticed it was gone when I had something to contribute but not important enough to re-make the thread by myself or remember what it was now

Russian League is nicely improving but I still think the leap to make it into top 6 of Europe is going to be very hard. Rubin obviously deserves praise for their win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If they qualify then it would be another thing. When was a Russian team in play-offs?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 23:06   #6
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I noticed it was gone when I had something to contribute but not important enough to re-make the thread by myself or remember what it was now

Russian League is nicely improving but I still think the leap to make it into top 6 of Europe is going to be very hard. Rubin obviously deserves praise for their win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If they qualify then it would be another thing. When was a Russian team in play-offs?
Not completely sure but Spartak was there some time ago. I remember watching the 1st KO match against Real when Titov was at his best and terrorizing Madrid's back four
Old 21-10-2009, 01:20   #7
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Ramos relying on United yardstick
Tuesday 20 October 2009
Match preview
e-mailPrintDiggSave

CSKA coach Juande Ramos with Sergei Ignashevich at the pre-match press conference (©Getty Images)
Photos/Wallpapers »

PFC CSKA Moskva coach Juande Ramos is relishing the opportunity to pit his wits against Manchester United FC and Sir Alex Ferguson when the three-time UEFA Champions League winners travel to Russia for their third Group B game holding a three-point lead in the standings. Sir Alex has already experienced plenty of euphoria at the Luzhniki Stadium, venue for the 2008 final win against Chelsea FC, but despite the emotions stirred by a return to the Russian capital and the prospect of facing Liverpool FC at the weekend, the United manager is fully focused on the task in hand.

Juande Ramos, CSKA coach
What I like about Russia is that the players are very disciplined, ready to listen and take on new things so training is very positive. Some United players won't feature but I'm sure they will find replacements, just as we will replace the players we are missing. The game will be a kind of barometer for us, showing how close we are to clubs like United. We will be looking to win, to pick up three points and have the chance to do that at home. They have a big match against Liverpool this weekend but [Wednesday's] game, in terms of emotion and the challenge will be comparable to Liverpool. I don't think they will take it easy in any way. Of course, two big matches so close to each other will make their coach shift the workload somehow, but they want to win the group so they need to play for victory.

Sir Alex Ferguson, United manager
Obviously I have fantastic memories [of the Moscow final] but these are things of the past. It was wonderful and I won't forget it but we have a more important match tomorrow. We have analysed CSKA quite a lot in the last two weeks. It is an interesting combination: they have more experienced players in the back four and good young players in front in [Miloš] Krasić and [Alan] Dzagoev. They keep the ball down all the time and show good speed. The [Russian] league becomes stronger and can be compared to other good leagues like Germany and France. There are new teams like FC Zenit St. Petersburg and FC Rubin Kazan – it shows there is room for people with ambition. CSKA are now fifth and need to win all the games to qualify for Europe, so that shows the level of the league. It's not an easy league at all. Our advantage is that we have very good players.

Weekend results
17/10/09 PFC Spartak Nalchik 1-1 CSKA
(Amisulashvili 26; Krasić 2)

• The draw with Spartak Nalchik ended CSKA's run of three successive away defeats in the Premier-Liga, but with leaders FC Rubin Kazan winning they are now seven points off the summit.

17/10/09 Manchester United 2-1 Bolton Wanderers FC
(Knight 5og, Valencia 33; Taylor 75)

• The win took United back to the top of the Premier League as Chelsea lost 2-1 at Aston Villa FC. United have scored 20 goals in their last seven league games.

• Antonio Valencia scored his first goal for United since his summer move from Wigan Athletic FC. It was his first Premier League goal since December 2008, though he has scored twice for Ecuador this season.

Team news
CSKA
Out: Mark González (ankle), Guilherme (thigh)
Doubtful: Vasili Berezutski (cold)
Suspended: none
Misses next match if booked: none

United
Out: Wayne Rooney (calf), Ryan Giggs, Patrice Evra, Ji-Sung Park (knee), Darren Fletcher, Owen Hargreaves (knee),
Doubtful: Nemanja Vidić (ankle), Dimitar Berbatov
Suspended: none
Misses next match if booked: Nemanja Vidić

Background
• United are unbeaten in 13 away games in the UEFA Champions League but they are without a win in five matches against Russian clubs.

• Ramos faced United twice while manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC from October 2007 to October 2008, the first a 3-1 FA Cup fourth round defeat at Old Trafford in January 2008 and then a 1-1 league home draw the following month.

• United trio Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney were on the losing side at the Luzhniki Stadium with England in a UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifier against Russia on 17 October 2007. CSKA's Aleksei Berezutski, Vasili Berezutski and Sergei Ignashevich were in the Russia team that earned a 2-1 victory, despite Rooney hitting the opening goal.

Did you know?
United midfielder Anderson made his UEFA Champions League debut against CSKA for FC Porto in a goalless draw in Portugal in September 2006.
Old 21-10-2009, 02:03   #8
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

I love russian league
always at 6-7am for me. Is great.
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 02:27   #9
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

So theres a poll now, so please vote. Im interested in who ppl think the champion will be
Old 21-10-2009, 02:35   #10
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

i would like to see spartak win.
but i think Rubin will.
Old 21-10-2009, 02:48   #11
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Yeah personally I would love for Spartak to take the title. But looking into the upcoming fixtures, Spartak has to play CSKA and Zenit (on the last day), so I think Rubin will win.
Old 22-10-2009, 03:15   #12
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

I feel bad for CSKA today.. i want they to win ManUnited.
Old 22-10-2009, 03:59   #13
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
I feel bad for CSKA today.. i want they to win ManUnited.
They didnt do so bad. Only 0-1 right at the end though...

Signature

GRAZIE PAOLO
The only one whose words we can trust.
And also the one we miss most of all
Old 22-10-2009, 04:03   #14
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Valencia nets late winner in Moscow

Antonio Valencia struck a late winner as Manchester United maintained their 100% record in Champions League Group B at the expense of CSKA Moscow.
• Fergie happy with away success
Chances had been at a premium on the artificial surface of the Luzhniki Stadium - scene of United's final victory in 2008 - but United finished strongly.

Valencia, who celebrated his first United goal last weekend, doubled his tally for the club five minutes from time, moments after rattling the crossbar with a fierce drive.

Nani had earlier gone close with a firm header from a Gary Neville cross while a bouncing 35-yard effort from Paul Scholes in the first half forced Igor Akinfeev to save.

United, who are now well on course for a place in the knockout stages, can now look forward to Sunday's Premier League trip to troubled rivals Liverpool in high spirits.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson, perhaps with Anfield in mind, made five changes from the side victorious over Bolton last time out.

Nemanja Vidic returned to the centre of defence while John O'Shea and Scholes were included in central midfield. Nani and Fabio also came in on the left and formed a good attacking partnership on a flank that proved United's most productive route forward.

Ferguson's suggestion the game would be played on the ground due to the nature of the pitch was true in the early stages as both sides began patiently.

CSKA had the first shot on goal when the dangerous Milos Krasic took advantage of hesitancy from his fellow Serb Vidic but fired wide from outside the box after a weaving run.

United began to assert themselves more midway through the first half and O'Shea had a cross headed clear by Sergei Ignashevich. Fabio also found room to cross twice in quick succession but former Wigan star Valencia was first crowded out and then Akinfeev easily claimed.

Scholes, playing in a deep-lying role, had the visitors' first shot with a dipping long-range effort that bounced awkwardly and Akinfeev touched over for a corner.

CSKA responded with Alan Dzagoev lifting a ball into the box but Tomas Necid's header was of little concern to Edwin van der Sar.

United again attacked down the left and another Nani cross was just too high for lone striker Dimitar Berbatov at the far post.

Krasic, who looked CSKA's most threatening player, beat two defenders to create another chance just inside the area but shot across goal.

Nani again broke clear for United before the break but Neville shot over after the ball worked its way across goal. United had a scare moments before the interval when a Dzagoev free-kick was cleared unconvincingly for a corner.

The second half got off to a lively start with chances at both ends. Nani raced through from a Valencia backheel only to find no-one with his cross while Berbatov controlled well but saw his shot blocked.

Necid then brought down the ball brilliantly outside the United box but after doing the hard work, his shot was tame.

Deividas Semberas then shot well over and Dzagoev had the ball in the net before the hour but the flag had long since been raised for offside and home celebrations were quickly curtailed.

Berbatov flicked the ball into the area for United but his attempts to win a penalty from Aleksei Berezutski came to nothing when he was booked for diving.

United took Rio Ferdinand off with a third of the game remaining and created a chance soon after when Neville crossed for Nani but Akinfeev saved. Michael Owen was introduced as a 71st-minute substitute for Scholes and had a fine opportunity when Valencia crossed five minutes later but he failed to connect with a volley.

Valencia went much closer eight minutes from time when he combined well with Berbatov and Nani on the edge of the area but his powerful shot rebounded off the woodwork. Not to be denied, Valencia went one better five minutes from time when he latched onto a downward header from Berbatov and turned six yards out to lash in the winner.

United's only obvious concern came late on when Fabio was carried off on a stretcher, apparently with cramp.

Signature

GRAZIE PAOLO
Old 25-10-2009, 10:06   #15
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Spartak goes top of the league for now at least. If Rubin fail to win tomorrow, then Spartak stays top.

Signature

GRAZIE PAOLO
Old 25-10-2009, 21:14   #16
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

They dont. Rubin is leader again.
Old 26-10-2009, 18:25   #17
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Juande Ramos was fired again.

Im start to suspicious about his true qualitys.
Old 26-10-2009, 21:50   #18
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Wtf is CSKA's problem? Theyre becoming the Chelsea of Russia. Just because they have a shitty team, doesnt mean the manager needs to get sacked after every loss. Im kinda pissed because I think Juande Ramos is a talented manager who knows what hes doing. Now CSKA have appointed Slutsky in his spot. Slutsky is an idiot. CSKA will utterly fail, finishing less than 5th in the league and will finish last in the UCL group.

Signature

GRAZIE PAOLO
Old 27-10-2009, 00:20   #19
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosskyline View Post
Wtf is CSKA's problem? Theyre becoming the Chelsea of Russia. Just because they have a shitty team, doesnt mean the manager needs to get sacked after every loss. Im kinda pissed because I think Juande Ramos is a talented manager who knows what hes doing. Now CSKA have appointed Slutsky in his spot. Slutsky is an idiot. CSKA will utterly fail, finishing less than 5th in the league and will finish last in the UCL group.
Slutsky has a past as coach ??
Old 27-10-2009, 04:08   #20
nosskyline
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Slutsky has a past as coach ??
He was the coach of FK Moscow and Krylya Sovetov before this job.

Signature

GRAZIE PAOLO