The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 05-12-2011, 00:09   #81
Madridista
Disco

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Not the diving itself, the amount of diving
Actually you said it better in the previous post. Its not diving per se, but tactical diving thats the problem, or diving as part of the tactics. Diving out of trouble as I would put it.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:09   #82
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post

1. The foul occured outside of the penalty area, and Ovrebo made the right call to award a free kick. Penalty, blocked him inside the box
2. This is, for me, one of the strongest penalty appeals for Chelsea. Abidal clearly pulled his shirt, but then again we see this in most matches (especially on the likes of Messi) and they're never awarded. Furthermore Drogba dived. So-So, Drogba fell easily put his shirt was pulled, still s penalty in most league
3. Toure hits the ball. Not a penalty. After taking down Drogba
4. Possible dive, definitely not a penalty. agree on this
5. Possible penalty, but it's unvoluntary, so I don't know. According to the rules, it's not a penalty. Hand is to out of position for it to NOT be a penalty, ie if the hand was on his side maybe, not when its that far away from his body
6. Another unvoluntary hand ball. I don't think this is a penalty. Same as above
My thoughts

Last edited by Dominate; 05-12-2011 at 00:11.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:09   #83
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

This thread is it does not reflect Milan fans
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:11   #84
Kvothe
World Cup Winner

Quote:
I don't see what's so bad about them if I'm honest. I mean none of their players have killed someone or cheated on their girlfriends what I know. Their current president hasn't acted badly and their coach always acts with style, something Milan supporters should value. They're not buying for more than they earn, unlike certain blue (and black) teams and they aren't parking the bus. When you look at it with objective eyes, you see that the referee conspiracy theory is unfounded.

Sure, Busquets dives. A lot. And he looks pathetic when he does it, but all teams have divers. Milan too.

This thread is, if you don't mind me saying this, a bit pathetic.
True that. But the fact that you are actually taking the pain of posting in this thread is even more pathetic.
Kvothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:14   #85
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Also, I do value a good diving.
Damn you south americans.

Sven, this is the first time you've ever disappointed me.

I feel so heartbroken.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:18   #86
Ronnie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoneri03 View Post
True that. But the fact that you are actually taking the pain of posting in this thread is even more pathetic.
Well, I happen to enjoy discussions and banter on forums (and IRL) and this seemed like a very good place. Enraged people with completely different opinions make for interesting conversations if they keep their cool.

@ Dominate: Thanks for your input I could agree on some but I'd say there's no way that first one would be a penalty because the refs are supposed to blow for when the infraction initially ocurred
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:31   #87
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

Quote:
Well, I happen to enjoy discussions and banter on forums (and IRL) and this seemed like a very good place. Enraged people with completely different opinions make for interesting conversations if they keep their cool.

@ Dominate: Thanks for your input I could agree on some but I'd say there's no way that first one would be a penalty because the refs are supposed to blow for when the infraction initially ocurred
I guess we are both blinded by our love for our teams in a certain way

You know, of course your going to be more anti the claims because you support the team

I will be more against them because I dont.

Nice having this discussion with you, sorry about the thread, bit ridiculous but alwell.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:41   #88
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod-Lod View Post
Was about to post this.Mods please delete this thread,its beyond pathetic and small time mentality club.

We dont even have a thread for inter or juve on this note,and we have for Barca?Pff

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:44   #89
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

lets not be lame like inter forums and have a "haters paradise'
.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:47   #90
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Damn you south americans.

Sven, this is the first time you've ever disappointed me.

I feel so heartbroken.
I think every team play with the weapons they got... Barça got the physichaly lightest team between top European clubs.
Other teams know this very well, and they try to go physical against them... To try to get fouls out of the contact is something they can do to match the tactics against them. You can use muscles against skills and you can use brains against muscles.
I think that when a defender resort to physical contact he is taking that risk.

I don't know if it's a deliberate tactic from Barça, but it can totally not be the case. It's the way small players learn to cope with physical contact (and they got a lot of those), if you see those small dribblers in South America, they will learn to deal with stronger players, they will try to use everything else, from skills to acting. Just like stronger players will make a good use of their bodies, in some morally questionable ways like violence.

It's no different than the DM who hide his fouls. Or when you kill a counter with a dirty foul, or provoke the opposite player... All very questionable tactics, but it happens all the time and my opinion let the game more interesting.
(unless your team is a victim of it course )

Last edited by Sven; 05-12-2011 at 00:50.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 00:51   #91
MilanMB
Not mad

@ this thread

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini

Last edited by MilanMB; 05-12-2011 at 00:54.
Old 05-12-2011, 00:52   #92
MilanMB
Not mad

Quote:
I think every team play with the weapons they got... Barça got the physichaly lightest team between top European clubs.
Other teams know this very well, and they try to go physical against them... To try to get fouls out of the contact is something they can do to match the tactics against them. You can use muscles against skills and you can use brains against muscles.

I don't know if it's a deliberate tactic from Barça, but it can totally not be the case. It's the way small players learn to cope with physical contact (and they got a lot of those), if you see those small dribblers in South America, they will learn to deal with stronger players, they will try to use everything else, from skills to acting. Just like stronger players will make a good use of their bodies, in some morally questionable ways like violence.

It's no different than the DM who hide his fouls. Or when you kill a counter with a dirty foul, or provoke the opposite player... All very questionable tactics, but it happens all the time and my opinion let the game more interesting.
Don't try to smooth talk me!!

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 05-12-2011, 00:56   #93
nuttela
Super Bludfam

the way they go about things is full of shit

and their football is dirty. they all turn into proffesional foulmen when opposition has got the ball

for fc barca to gain the respect and actually deserve the plaudits they recieve they need to cut out the diving, stop riding on the leniency of referees and actually leave their board to make moves in the transfer market.

but theyve got the media on their side, they ignore all these things, but im pretty sure no one would dislike em if they just get rid of the rubbish they do that helped em bring them where they are.

they also have the pleasure of performing well in the cl season after season cos their league is a joke. their unneccessary signings also dissapoint me. affeley, and to an extent sanchez. honestly, they got em cos they are great young players. not cos they needed them. which is sad.

their upbringing of youth however is great, but how the fuck did busquets come outta that is beyond me. if there is anyone that likes sergio busquets, then ill spend all night cursing that person to hell

but seriously, we are better than this. we dont needa make hate threads. why? we have nocerino and prince to admire and now time and energy is being wasted talking bout the team with the ugliest home kit on the planet

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:11   #94
luke07
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger

meh, ladri bashing thread please
luke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:13   #95
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Also, I do value a good diving. Football is played first mentally.
Same. Though I think it depends on how it's used and how well it's done (though granted I think we both believe dive is a good resource if your rivals go out to kick you and they get away with it, then you have to counter it).

Now I'll call it a dive if it is, but if it's well done, I can appreciate it (I guess that's my problem with most of Barcelona's dives they're horribly executed, it seems like something institutionalized rather than spontaneous and they're done with 'leaving your rival with 10 men' intentions, dunno why I rather if they're done in order to gain a pk or dangerous free kick, but leaving your rivals in such a disadvantage-and then accusing them of parking the bus-sucks for me).

But to be fair, they do pull some smart dives for ex. it burned and it was a dive, but Xavi's dive vs us I can appreciate, cause he took advantage of a situation where Aquilani is doing some naive defending and there's some contact, and it did look like a genuine spontaneus move more than something planned, on top of that, since it's 50-50 the ref is likely to give the pk but not card your rival (even if the rules state otherwise, but refs don't want to commit the double sin). Smart.

On the other hand, there's Busquets vs Inter, dude, first of all, he's a tall big man, you can't fall grabbing your face when someone just barely throws their hand on their midfield line and then take a peek in order to see if the ref is giving a card. Nay for me, bad acting, poorly executed, everyone caught his intentions...that sucks.

Diving is an art itself, but you have to do it right and let it be a form of expression from the individual.

Edit. Really close this. It's not a matter of Milan fans being klaaaass is a matter of just not showing inferiority complex.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa

Last edited by crazy4milan; 05-12-2011 at 01:18.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:18   #96
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:

I agree. Guys like Pirlo and Nesta use it all the time. It's a great way to get out of trouble when in a tight situation. How many times haven't you seen Nesta or Pirlo shielding the ball and falling over at the slightest touch. Sure technically it's usually a foul since the attacker isn't really suposed to use their arms or whatever, but do you really think Nesta/Pirlo fall that easily? The referee will whistle 99% of the time, since he really doesn't dare anything else. Personally I sit and curse our defenders etc. when they don't fall over when they get the chance to
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:18   #97
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Actually you said it better in the previous post. Its not diving per se, but tactical diving thats the problem, or diving as part of the tactics. Diving out of trouble as I would put it.

I couldn't honestly say I see that more from Barcelona than I do from Milan. Seedorf, for example, is a master of diving out of trouble; so was Pirlo.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22   #98
Madridista
Disco

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod-Lod View Post
thats exactly the 'mes que un club' pretentious high and mighty attitude that Barcelona represents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilanking View Post
lets not be lame like inter forums and have a "haters paradise'
or, lets not be that lame to compare to Inter forums in the first place. What is lame is that people suggest Milan fans are somehow above hate and flame threads and still we have the most hated players here.

The reason why this thread is meh to me personally is because even though I love fiero's rants and they are spot on, they were made known already many times. Furthermore, Barcelona's hypocrisy has been exposed so far in the worldwide audience and everybody knows what they are, so its not like this thread uncovers some huge truth. By now its common knowledge that they are fake sportsmen, divers, cheaters, whiners, selfabsorbed vaginas and they play boring football as well. So theres not much point to it. I'd rather encounter fiero's rants everywhere on their specific incidents.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 05-12-2011, 01:32   #99
Madridista
Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
I couldn't honestly say I see that more from Barcelona than I do from Milan. Seedorf, for example, is a master of diving out of trouble; so was Pirlo.
you didn't understand. I didn't mean individual diving out of trouble in a certain moment of the game by specific players. I meant systemic diving as a gameplan to get penalties and cards for the opposing team as means to get victory. For Barcelona, once a team refuses to bend over, they start pressuring the referee to pacify the opposing team and hopefully give them numerical advantage which along with their technical ability makes them impossible to stop. This is, as c4m says 'institutionalized' its a method of play just like Stoke with their long throw ins and its disgusting.

As for diving, there are indeed some acceptable norms. Theres nothing wrong in not continuing to run when you can do it even though you were being fouled. Tricking your opponent into fouling you is good, forcing a foul even under light contact when youre under threat of losing the ball is ok. The problem arises when you start rolling around screaming even though you don't feel pain, fall even without being touched, clutch face when touched in the chest Busquets style etc. And its completely unacceptable when its epidemic for a club and its a part of its entire methodology.

Heres a suggestion. How about instead of deleting, this thread is renamed 'the diving problem'? I think it might satisfy even the original poster, since its the scum team which is the direct reason for its creation

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 05-12-2011, 01:36   #100
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
Very true, this does fall under my "smart diving" (or for ex. the way Ambro and Kaka used to fall over the slightest naive defending move). It's when there's no trouble, or in the midfield where it does annoy me (for ex. there's a guy in my CR team that does that sooo much, fuck he annoys me, he can do so much more and prefers to take a dive, and 9 out of 10 times he never gets called, stupid diver).

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote