The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 16-07-2012, 07:23   #61
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
LOL

I don't compare Christante now with Merkel now but both when they were still 'nothing' to Milan (Christante now and Merkel when was introduced to the first team).

How can we compare Primavera players with Serie A ones?

Ok, my mistake that I did not point it out clearly at the beginning of my comparation.
Thank you, Youth.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 08:40   #62
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaSandro View Post
Thank you, Youth.
No problem, Sandro.

I like when primavera players got promoted to first team but I prefer more that they could develop in a normal way without having so much pressure on their shoulder.

I only hope, Christante could get a couple of games at least in Coppa next season (2-3 games is already great). That will be already an improvement of his career. The kid is only 17 years old!

I still can't believe he is still 17 years old!
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 08:49   #63
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
No problem, Sandro.

I like when primavera players got promoted to first team but I prefer more that they could develop in a normal way without having so much pressure on their shoulder.

I only hope, Christante could get a couple of games at least in Coppa next season (2-3 games is already great). That will be already an improvement of his career. The kid is only 17 years old!

I still can't believe he is still 17 years old!
Our treatment of the youth is discouraging. Sometimes I want to say they shouldn't send them to serie B,C,D etc but where else would they go? Those lower leagues are not good enough. I know kids are over-rated these days but you cannot tell me all the kids we loaned out to Serie B,D... were not good enough. I deny that.I'd be the proudest man if our youth players can be good enough to play for us. Merkel was, I thought, but G had other plans.
Old 16-07-2012, 09:02   #64
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Our treatment of the youth is discouraging. Sometimes I want to say they shouldn't send them to serie B,C,D etc but where else would they go? Those lower leagues are not good enough. I know kids are over-rated these days but you cannot tell me all the kids we loaned out to Serie B,D... were not good enough. I deny that.I'd be the proudest man if our youth players can be good enough to play for us. Merkel was, I thought, but G had other plans.
There is big gap in quality (skill, ability, mentality, experience) between youth team and first team. To bridge this gap, young players should get games and they won't get in Milan (easily). The need (have to, I would say) to be loaned out since we don't possess a B team or reserve team who play regularly when season is ON.

Ideally they are loaned out to Serie A small teams but they need to be really talented to get many games there. I would say, optimally they are loaned to Serie B team (only for best players though, not all primavera players). What they need in first priority is GAMES. Level quality of the games is important but it can be compromised by number of games played (not saying Serie Z if there is is also a good choice).
Old 16-07-2012, 09:18   #65
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
There is big gap in quality (skill, ability, mentality, experience) between youth team and first team. To bridge this gap, young players should get games and they won't get in Milan (easily). The need (have to, I would say) to be loaned out since we don't possess a B team or reserve team who play regularly when season is ON.

Ideally they are loaned out to Serie A small teams but they need to be really talented to get many games there. I would say, optimally they are loaned to Serie B team (only for best players though, not all primavera players). What they need in first priority is GAMES. Level quality of the games is important but it can be compromised by number of games played (not saying Serie Z if there is is also a good choice).
I don't follow the youth as much as I did in the past. I lost interest. Nothing good seems to come from our youth sector.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:24   #66
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

from Timcup. he has enormuous potential. Cristante,valoti, sciglio will new generation of milan. very good technical, strong body, good both short pass vs long pass
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 07:42   #67
Youth
World Cup Winner

Beside De Sciglio, I vote Bryan for best performance from our youngsters (I count Shaarawy as senior team player). He looked so confidence without any pressure in his shoulder although he played in regista position which could be new or unfamiliar for him. And he is only 17 years old.

He also played with senior team against our junior team in mini game match as left CM.

He could get promoted to the first team if he keeps developing.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:46   #68
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Beside De Sciglio, I vote Bryan for best performance from our youngsters (I count Shaarawy as senior team player). He looked so confidence without any pressure in his shoulder although he played in regista position which could be new or unfamiliar for him. And he is only 17 years old.

He also played with senior team against our junior team in mini game match as left CM.

He could get promoted to the first team if he keeps developing.
If any Milan youth player would inherit the CDM, I believe it will be Calvano. Of course, these are mere wishes.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:50   #69
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
If any Milan youth player would inherit the CDM, I believe it will be Calvano. Of course, these are mere wishes.
From some games of him with Primavera I watched, I don't think CDM (if you mean the midfielder in the center of the trio midfielders) is his best position. I would love to see him playing as side CM, a more box-to-box midfielder. Anything is possible, he is still young and can change his position. I hope he will get many games with his new club and the coach play him in his best position.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:58   #70
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

BRYAN CRISTANTE: "I think I did quite well, I played a lot of passes and my more experienced team-mates have helped me a lot but have been helped by the fact that I had many team-mates from the youth team alongside me. I am happy to have the confidence of coach Allegri and every suggestion is worth its weight in gold."

he will replace Ambro.lets bellieve this quy. wonderkit

Calvano very high rate, but he has been injured very much during last year. i hope he will has more space at Verona.and then return milan.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:27   #71
BrasilianMilan
Eternal Rossonero

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Nesta, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Bonaventura

Promote him to the first team

He deserves it !!!

Signature
BrasilianMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 21:46   #72
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

More youngsters in the first team.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 22:02   #73
Facemelter
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasilianMilan View Post
Promote him to the first team

He deserves it !!!
Loan would be a better option.
Facemelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 22:28   #74
Albertini
aka MaldiniCapitano

i don't follow the primavera much but i quite liked carmona in the tim cup, looks like a pretty sweet left foot and likes to cross which is unusual in this team.
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 22:46   #75
khuyag
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, David Beckham, Filippo Inzaghi, Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post

Signature

Honor is nothing without victory
khuyag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 08:29   #76
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

If we really wanna build anew, we have to rely on youngsters. Already finished players or 28-29 year olds who consider making Milan as their dream instead of winning with Milan won't help us that much.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 10:42   #77
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costanza View Post
If we really wanna build anew, we have to rely on youngsters. Already finished players or 28-29 year olds who consider making Milan as their dream instead of winning with Milan won't help us that much.
i bellieve Cristante, valoti, innocenti (great in debut game with provercelli: 2 goals, 2 assitt) and Calvano, Albertazzi, sciglio, bastone (new righ back primavera) will make golden era at Milan!!!!
Old 23-07-2012, 10:59   #78
Facemelter
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by belloefamoso View Post
i bellieve Cristante, valoti, innocenti (great in debut game with provercelli: 2 goals, 2 assitt) and Calvano, Albertazzi, sciglio, bastone (new righ back primavera) will make golden era at Milan!!!!
There are some talented guys (I'd also include Hottor), but only a few of them will make it to our first team and even less will become stars.
Facemelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 19:05   #79
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
Loan him to Udinese.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 19:52   #80
joyrider
Il Moderati