The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 25-05-2012, 21:14   #81
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Grosso has become well.. Gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
Feel this is their best bet

Continuity from club ...least minutes out of the big teams ...chemistry in defence
Exactly what I have in my mind too. But it's still likelier that Prandelli will stick to a 4-men defence and a trequartista.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 21:15   #82
Sage
Reinmēkā

I'd lose my respect for prandelli if he copies conte(who pretty much copied udinese/napoli)

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 21:24   #83
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I'd lose my respect for prandelli if he copies conte(who pretty much copied udinese/napoli)
Businesses are mostly all about copying best practices.
Old 25-05-2012, 21:26   #84
Sage
Reinmēkā

NT football is not a business.

Signature
Old 25-05-2012, 21:30   #85
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Using best tactical set up to maximize your talent is a bad idea?

Prandelli's likely to rotate between his 4-man lineup and the 3-man.

3 man makes sense really. Italy has no real trequartista or wingers of quality. wingbacks + pirlo is best way

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 21:30   #86
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
NT football is not a business.
<Insert that sword-thrust into stomach image here>
Old 25-05-2012, 21:31   #87
milanpalermo23
#IBelieve

Fav. Players: Zlatan, Balotelli, Cristiano Ronaldo

Balzaretti>Criscito as a wing-back.
milanpalermo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 21:32   #88
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

sage

Shit ... i am kind of afraid of italy this time .. refs

Pirlo plays I go rabid on all NY area kids in the pub ... Pirlo injured i become a brown italian .. multicultured jube nt
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 21:44   #89
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Old 25-05-2012, 21:50   #90
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

monty cassano

huntellar boss zlatan sheva schweni .. i am going sage picking all the teams in euro i cannot be wrong
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 21:53   #91
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 23:14   #92
Sage
Reinmēkā

ashish

Signature
Old 26-05-2012, 09:56   #93
dhorasoo
data haiku

Fav. Players: pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
Feel this is their best bet

Continuity from club ...least minutes out of the big teams ...chemistry in defence
Not saying this is a bad formation, but if SKY is right about the 23 call-ups posted here above, with this formation it wouldn't make sense bringing six (6!) attackers.

I really don't see Prandelli playing a 3-5-2 at the moment.

Signature
dhorasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 10:10   #94
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Prandelli said he was 'tempted' to pick all 6 strikers, and SKY was speculating based on that. I see him dropping one of Destro or Borini, probably Borini.

My guess on his starting lineup is -

-----------------Buffon---

--Maggio---Barzagli---Chiellini---Criscito

-----------Pirlo---DDR---Marchisio---

------------------Montolivo-----
--------Giovinco-----------Cassano--

Like he has been attempting to do, Giovinco and Cassano can both drop back and play-make in turn.. Creating a very fluid attack, with no real Prima Punta.

Although eventually, lack of goals might lead to him starting Balotelli over Giovinco or Montolivo (with Gio dropping back in that case).

The substitute attackers in the 23 would thus be Balotelli, Di Natale and Destro/Borini.
Old 26-05-2012, 10:25   #95
dhorasoo
data haiku

Fav. Players: pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

Yeah, makes more sense this way.

Signature
dhorasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 10:42   #96
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Prandelli said he was 'tempted' to pick all 6 strikers, and SKY was speculating based on that. I see him dropping one of Destro or Borini, probably Borini.

My guess on his starting lineup is -

-----------------Buffon---

--Maggio---Barzagli---Chiellini---Criscito

-----------Pirlo---DDR---Marchisio---

------------------Montolivo-----
--------Giovinco-----------Cassano--

Like he has been attempting to do, Giovinco and Cassano can both drop back and play-make in turn.. Creating a very fluid attack, with no real Prima Punta.

Although eventually, lack of goals might lead to him starting Balotelli over Giovinco or Montolivo (with Gio dropping back in that case).

The substitute attackers in the 23 would thus be Balotelli, Di Natale and Destro/Borini.
Seeing as Monty is a doubt I wonder if Prandelli would consider a trident of Giovinco, Cassano and Balotelli. On paper its looks fantastic but I might supsect that Prandelli, and I agree with him here, thinks that it would make Italy too attacking.
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 12:20   #97
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccolo View Post
Seeing as Monty is a doubt I wonder if Prandelli would consider a trident of Giovinco, Cassano and Balotelli. On paper its looks fantastic but I might supsect that Prandelli, and I agree with him here, thinks that it would make Italy too attacking.
There's another alternative at trequartista.. The only natural CAM in the squad, Diamanti.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:25   #98
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Well yea I see Diamanti only as a utility player but who knows
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 08:36   #99
necromancer
Defence of Champions

So Montolivo is fit now. Prandelli was trying out Monty behind Balotelli and Cassano. With a midfield of Pirlo-De Rossi-Marchisio.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:38   #100
acm55
Rossonero

Pirlo: 'Italy are like Juventus'
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Pirlo is confident Italy can shine at Euro 2012 by taking inspiration from Juventus. “At Milan they thought I was finished, but here I am...”

The midfielder’s contract with the Rossoneri was allowed to expire a year ago and he revitalised his career by becoming decisive for Scudetto winners Juventus.

“At Milan they thought I was finished, but here I am...” smiled Pirlo in a press conference on international duty with Italy.

“I don’t know if I will continue my Azzurri career until the 2014 World Cup. We’ll see if I am still useful and will still be called up.”

Cesare Prandelli has pledged that Pirlo will have a crucial role in the European Championships next month.

“Our objective is to go all the way in this competition. We are not among the favourites and we know that, but I am convinced Italy can finish in the top four.

“Spain are the reigning World and European Champions, so clearly they are the favourites. Then there are great sides like Holland, Germany and France.

“Italy have great inner strength. This side resembles Juventus and can go far, as we have everything we need to go far.

“We enjoy playing our football together, have quality and hunger, so those are our strengths. We aim to reach at least the semi-finals, because we are Italy and we can do it.

“Am I crucial? There are many strong players here and it’s not always true that the one with the most touches during a game is the most important. In any case, I am happy to take my share of the responsibility.

“I have no problem changing position on the field, as I’ve always happily adapted both at club and international level. We’re used to playing in various systems, so Coach Prandelli will decide.”
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote