The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?
Aubameyang 88 39.82%
Diego Costa (year-long loan/buy) 31 14.03%
Belotti 56 25.34%
Kalinic 14 6.33%
Cristiano Ronaldo (CL pre-agreement) 23 10.41%
Other 9 4.07%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 11:20   #29221
milanator
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
^ If Gattuso goes back to a 4 men defense, sacking Montella would have officially been worth it.

We have played 15 matches with this 3 men bullshit and we aren't even remotely getting better at it.
Benevento scored their first 2 goals in one match of the season. And that says it all.
Against a defense that consists of Bonucci, Musacchio, and Romangoli.

Sorry, but our defenders aren't nearly as shit as our results show.
Time to try something new.
Montella actually improved the defense, in November we kept 3 clean sheets in 5 games and the defense looked more organized too.
Gattuso managed to destroy 1 month worth of progress.

Too early to write Gattuso off but right now sacking Montella for him looks as stupid as it sounded right away.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:30   #29222
crazyultras
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Montella actually improved the defense, in November we kept 3 clean sheets in 5 games and the defense looked more organized too.

Too early to write Gattuso off but right now sacking Montella for him looks as stupid as it sounded right away.
sack Han Li
he is the one who pushed for this, F&M knew that there is no alternative for montella, but the desperate chinese (who they know nothing about football) tought that by changing the coach they would be able to reach CL and pay their debts and keep the club
The worse is yet to come
Old 04-12-2017, 12:38   #29223
milanista_
AC Milan Legend

Yes please!

�� | La Repubblica

An major Arab group is interested in buying a stake in Milan. It's unclear whether they want to partner Li Yonghong or buy his entire shares.

A multinational American company specialized in construction & infrastruture interested in Milan's stadium project. https://t.co/RDAvLwxxeN
Old 04-12-2017, 13:06   #29224
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

SHEIKHS!!

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 13:14   #29225
forward
AC Milan Icon

With Sheikhs we can buy our way out of trouble.

Benevento score a late equalizer? We buy their goalkeeper.

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 13:17   #29226
crazyultras
World Cup Winner

Yes to Arabs
Any investor would be smart to buy ac milan now, the owners are on huge loans and the team isn't doing great, so they will have the upper hand in negotiations
in the other hand the team has many good plaers, it only needs 2-3 top players and a master coach
Old 04-12-2017, 13:19   #29227
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanista_ View Post
Yes please!

�� | La Repubblica

An major Arab group is interested in buying a stake in Milan. It's unclear whether they want to partner Li Yonghong or buy his entire shares.

A multinational American company specialized in construction & infrastruture interested in Milan's stadium project. https://t.co/RDAvLwxxeN
Yeah lol, never gonna happen.
Old 04-12-2017, 13:27   #29228
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Let it be MbS please. Saudi is the new Dubai.

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 13:57   #29229
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Let's not act like there was something like «progress» in the last month. At least not serious progress. Every week I heard Montella talking about progress in every post-match interview and yet we were playing the same shit week in week out since months. No one can convince me there was anything like «progress».

---

Some thoughts about the match:

Is it just me or did we play quite okay-ish, at times even good especially after we took the lead? I think I even saw us trying some more vertical passes, especially before the 1:0, some triangulations and one-two's too. It wasn't that bad.

Moreover, Benevento did play some good and organized football in the last few weeks. Their standings in the table made them look like the worst team on earth, but since De Zerbio took over some weeks ago they have gotten some momentum. Atalanta struggled big times against Benevento, scoring only in the 75th minute, the week before Benevento only lost thanks to Berardi's goal in the 94th (!) minute. And against Juventus they even lead the game by 1:0 until the 65th minute – away (!!). So let's not act like this game was there to be won by 5:0 just like that. Inter faced that team in a state where they were hitting rock bottom, we faced them in their best state of form while we are in our worst. We conceeded a last-second goal from their goalkeeper, a no-name man who scored the header of his life, not even Ronaldo or Zlatan could have executet that header better than him ffs. They way this goal happened is one of the most unluckiest stuff I have ever seen in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
SHEIKHS!!
It seems unreal to me that Yonghong Li would take such a risk with the Elliott loan, throw all that money into ACM and then sell it with hardly a profit. Why all this efforts and risks for so little profit? I'm not convinced.
Old 04-12-2017, 14:09   #29230
ibelongtomilan
Il Diavolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
Benevento's GK has more Serie A goals than Andre Silva.

meanwhile our ale giveaway a sure win

more
Old 04-12-2017, 14:12   #29231
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
meanwhile our ale giveaway a sure win

more
Was there a contact with his second yellow? Wasn't sure, did look like a dive to me. And the 1st yellow was an invention of the referee.

However, true that if you're booked you can't make a tackle like that one, that was dumb. Plain dumb. Distroyed an otherwise good performance.
Old 04-12-2017, 14:31   #29232
joyrider
Il Moderati

Molto halal money ~
Old 04-12-2017, 14:42   #29233
milanator
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Let's not act like there was something like «progress» in the last month. At least not serious progress. Every week I heard Montella talking about progress in every post-match interview and yet we were playing the same shit week in week out since months. No one can convince me there was anything like «progress».

I was talking about the defense and this department improved a lot, overall development is a different story.
Old 04-12-2017, 15:07   #29234
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I was talking about the defense and this department improved a lot, overall development is a different story.
True, but I'm not sure how much it's really on Montella or on the simple fact that our defence is made of very good players who just needed some time to adapt since it's the 1st season they play in that constellation.

If there is anything like a Montella effect than that he made one of the best defenders of the world, who has recently been elected in worlds 1st XI and also in Serie A's 1st XI like an amateur.

Gattuso had one game, the scoring opportunities we conceeded have been conceeded already before, the goals we conceeded yesterday was a lucky gk header where Abate was trying to mark the referee (or so?) and a double chance after a not so good effort to clean the ball after a corner. It's a little like well... can't see much.

At least there were some ideas of what Gattuso want us to play like (I have seen more triangulations and one-twos in this single game than in all of Montellas before). Ofc only until Roma was sent off and Rino decided to play a 5-man defence (in retroperspective it was an error to give up midfield entirely).
Old 04-12-2017, 15:18   #29235
milanator
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
True, but I'm not sure how much it's really on Montella or on the simple fact that our defence is made of very good players who just needed some time to adapt since it's the 1st season they play in that constellation.

If there is anything like a Montella effect than that he made one of the best defenders of the world, who has recently been elected in worlds 1st XI and also in Serie A's 1st XI like an amateur.

Gattuso had one game, the scoring opportunities we conceeded have been conceeded already before, the goals we conceeded yesterday was a lucky gk header where Abate was trying to mark the referee (or so?) and a double chance after a not so good effort to clean the ball after a corner. It's a little like well... can't see much.

At least there were some ideas of what Gattuso want us to play like (I have seen more triangulations and one-twos in this single game than in all of Montellas before). Ofc only until Roma was sent off and Rino decided to play a 5-man defence (in retroperspective it was an error to give up midfield entirely).

Montella adjusted the wingbacks to shift to 4 at the back at times and replaced Musacchio with Zapata, both moves improved the defense.

Yesterday the defense looked much more exposed again while IŽd agree that the attack and parts of the build up improved.
Old 04-12-2017, 15:33   #29236
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Akbar View Post
Back then, Auba has to compete with Inzaghi, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho. There's literally no room for him. He got his chance as a loanee, but still, he didn't bloom yet.

Cristante is good. But he wanted to leave Milan, instead of being patient. His Benfica spell also a failure.

There's a lot of Milan youngsters turns out to be a late bloomer. Only Simone Verdi has the gut to say "i wasn't ready back then". Milan can't wait for them, unfortunately

In 2-3 yrs. Maybe (Just Maybe) Niang finally get a little smarter infield and actually performs good every week. would you guys say that he didn't get enough chances? I dare you, some of you will.

The best way to groom this talent is by using a sister club. Barcelona B & Madrid B are a good example.
Comparing Niang the player that basically had 3 seasons worth of chances here to the others who have had half a game is 2 very different things.

Auba didnt even get a game here if I'm not mistaken, and he always did well internationally and he did well on loan in spain before we sold him.

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 15:49   #29237
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Montella adjusted the wingbacks to shift to 4 at the back at times and replaced Musacchio with Zapata, both moves improved the defense.

Yesterday the defense looked much more exposed again while IŽd agree that the attack and parts of the build up improved.
We didn't have any of these problems last season with a 433.

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 15:50   #29238
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
With Sheikhs we can buy our way out of trouble.

Benevento score a late equalizer? We buy their goalkeeper.
Juve owns him, and Inter own the other guy that scored

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 15:55   #29239
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

العربية بويز

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Old 04-12-2017, 16:26   #29240
Khurrisu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Rijkaard, Gullit, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva, Huntelar, Locatelli

I have absolutely no faith in Rino, but let's at least give him more than one match before completely shitting on him.

Signature
LOCATELLI
Closed Thread