The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?
Aubameyang 88 39.82%
Diego Costa (year-long loan/buy) 31 14.03%
Belotti 56 25.34%
Kalinic 14 6.33%
Cristiano Ronaldo (CL pre-agreement) 23 10.41%
Other 9 4.07%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2017, 16:47   #9421
IcyDiavolo
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Buffon, Verratti, El Shaa, Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
I see no point in signing Kalinic and a big name striker. That's awful business to me. We have silva with immense potential, we have cutrone who is raw but talented, fuck I mean we have borini for utility role. Why sign two more strikers? I see positives from Kalinic and Auba, with Kalinic he can give us a solid player while we wait for silva to grow(could be fast who knows), with Auba we obviously get a downright incredible player. But both? Why?

I'm not buying that. I think we make another push for Auba, especially after he comments where he basically said come and get me. We also were clearly waiting for Costa, probably hoping that Chelsea would turn down Atletico and he'd be forced to join us. If Kalinic comes, the other big signing will probably be renato Sanches or something. Maybe Keita, idk. Maybe a surprise. But I see no point in two more strikers coming
It makes sense to me. He's Bacca's replacement.

Look at the facts. We're rebuilding this team from bottom to top and we need assurances on all fronts.

- Silva is a good buy but an investment more than anything. He could start for us, but we don't really know what we're going to get from him.

- Cutrone is very very raw and Milan probably don't consider him ready to play just yet. Fair enough.

- Borini... don't even. He is honestly just here as a work-rate merchant and can do an adequate job as a utility player. Provides nothing else and will certainly never be a starter.

- Also, consider the fact we could be playing two up front. We need more than what we have.

So what does all of the above have in common? They are all question marks. Kalinic is dependable and while his goal-scoring rate isnt that impressive, it's not terrible either. It goes without saying he's far more well-rounded than Bacca, and he'd be playing with a much better team behind him.

It's no question that F&M have been in the market for a striker, but post-Silva it was well noted we were looking for a top name and had a significant budget for said striker. I highly doubt we'd just walk away with Kalinic for 30m.
Old 14-08-2017, 16:50   #9422
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyDiavolo View Post
It makes sense to me. He's Bacca's replacement.

Look at the facts. We're rebuilding this team from bottom to top and we need assurances on all fronts.

- Silva is a good buy but an investment more than anything. He could start for us, but we don't really know what we're going to get from him.

- Cutrone is very very raw and Milan probably don't consider him ready to play just yet. Fair enough.

- Borini... don't even. He is honestly just here as a work-rate merchant and can do an adequate job as a utility player. Provides nothing else and will certainly never be a starter.

- Also, consider the fact we could be playing two up front. We need more than what we have.

So what does all of the above have in common? They are all question marks. Kalinic is dependable and while his goal-scoring rate isnt that impressive, it's not terrible either. It goes without saying he's far more well-rounded than Bacca, and he'd be playing with a much better team behind him.

It's no question that F&M have been in the market for a striker, but post-Silva it was well noted we were looking for a top name and had a significant budget for said striker. I highly doubt we'd just walk away with Kalinic for 30m.
longer version of my post
Old 14-08-2017, 16:53   #9423
sesheva
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
we are great already, Kalizaurus will fill an important position, that's all. The machine will start working very soon And what I was saying was that we can pretty much get Kalinic and another FW, something that he did not believe in.
nooo .we could become very solid but we arent noway near great ,scored 3 goals from set p. against team that is so bad and then lose against betis (i know friendly ) but we didnt played so good,so no we arent great and kalishit wont help much.but we have potential to be very good

Signature
Old 14-08-2017, 16:54   #9424
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Fullback Shmullback. We gonna play 3-5-2. Got RR,Conti,Bona and Suso for the wings.
I really don't see Bona and Suso playing as wingbacks.

We will not play 352 at least until Romagnoli is back + Montella never goes totally for a 3 man defense. 4 man defense will always be an option.
Old 14-08-2017, 16:55   #9425
Mr. Anonymous
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman32 View Post

bring him
I agree although we still would need one of Aubamayeng or Belotti, Kalinic is slowly winning me over by his determination to only play for Milan.

I wish Belotti who show half the desire to play for Milan as Kalinic. And even though he's stepping it up even Aubamayeng can do more to press a move.

What impresses me more about Kalinic is that he has a good idea that he won't even be the first choice striker if he comes and he still wants to play for us.

Last edited by Mr. Anonymous; 15-08-2017 at 01:58.
Old 14-08-2017, 16:56   #9426
MarioReality
CHINABOYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheva View Post
nooo .we could become very solid but we arent noway near great ,scored 3 goals from set p. against team that is so bad and then lose against betis (i know friendly ) but we didnt played so good,so no we arent great and kalishit wont help much.but we have potential to be very good
How did we score against Bayern?

Signature
i know nothing about football
#CHINABOYZ
Old 14-08-2017, 16:57   #9427
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, T.Silva, Pippo, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Nesta

Quote:
Well against Betis we played horribly but we were missing more than half of our best players so not a real good indicator especially since it was in pre season a week before our europ league tie. We definitely planning on playing 3-5-2 or a similar formation so we need depth at striker without a doubt. Kalinic is a huge upgrade on Bacca in terms of what he offers to the team in both an attacking and defensive sense. We have scored a lot of goals from set pieces but guess what we've just got that little bit more dangerous from what seems to be a strength of ours at the minute. Goals from open play will come, we're definitely preparing for a star signing too imo.
Old 14-08-2017, 16:58   #9428
sesheva
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioReality View Post
How did we score against Bayern?
everyone won against bayern including inter,and in 2 games that is 180 min we didnt scored from open play against team that is very weak very ,3 goals from set p. and 1 goal agains betis ,,,,... this time penalty

Signature
Old 14-08-2017, 16:58   #9429
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
we were playing without bonucci, biglia, romagnoli, silva only 40 minutes in 2 games or something, Hakan, Conti and others only getting into form, Bona still rusty, Suso just from the injury. It's not about lacking players, it's about getting into rythm, and second game was pretty good. We do lack an attacker or 2, and I believe we will get Kalinic + someone else, but even if it's only Kalinic, we'll be fine. What we lack is a tall presence up front that can get defenders on him, Kalinic will do that perfectly and open up spaces. Something Aubamayeeng cannot do. If he comes too and plays with Kalinic, we can even go for Scudetto.
Old 14-08-2017, 16:58   #9430
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
I really don't see Bona and Suso playing as wingbacks.

We will not play 352 at least until Romagnoli is back + Montella never goes totally for a 3 man defense. 4 man defense will always be an option.
I would be confused if we do send Antonelli the other way.

Unless there is something wrong with Antonelli (Montella has not been high on him for awhile now), and that there may be lingering effects of his injuries.

I really don't see us going for another LB

Signature
Old 14-08-2017, 16:58   #9431
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Romagnoli <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .A.K. View Post
best news i have heard all year
Yessss

Nikolaaaa

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleite View Post
Any and all clothes look good on our Ale ! ❤️
Old 14-08-2017, 17:01   #9432
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Well against Betis we played horribly but we were missing more than half of our best players so not a real good indicator especially since it was in pre season a week before our europ league tie. We definitely planning on playing 3-5-2 or a similar formation so we need depth at striker without a doubt. Kalinic is a huge upgrade on Bacca in terms of what he offers to the team in both an attacking and defensive sense. We have scored a lot of goals from set pieces but guess what we've just got that little bit more dangerous from what seems to be a strength of ours at the minute. Goals from open play will come, we're definitely preparing for a star signing too imo.
can we stop analyzing a shitty friendly with a bitchy team that noone should care about?
Old 14-08-2017, 17:03   #9433
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, T.Silva, Pippo, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
can we stop analyzing a shitty friendly with a bitchy team that noone should care about?
Maybe if you actually read my post I was suggesting the same thing to patosheva by saying it wasn't a good game to go off
Old 14-08-2017, 17:05   #9434
MarioReality
CHINABOYZ

Do set piece goals count for less this season?

Signature
i know nothing about football
#CHINABOYZ
Old 14-08-2017, 17:06   #9435
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Maybe if you actually read my post I was suggesting the same thing to patosheva by saying it wasn't a good game to go off
I know, meant no offence bro. It's just funny to read Betis this Betis that, that game isn't even worth mentioning.
Old 14-08-2017, 17:06   #9436
Wrath
World Cup Winner

Quote:
everytime it helps somebody make a point
Old 14-08-2017, 17:07   #9437
IRON MAN
FU R

Fav. Players: Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.

Kalinic is not WC, but he will improve this team & that is something. Main thing is that with every buy this team is getting better.

Signature
Old 14-08-2017, 17:07   #9438
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
hope not, cause we're gonna be bangin' them in like no tomorrow all year.
Old 14-08-2017, 17:08   #9439
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
I would be confused if we do send Antonelli the other way.

Unless there is something wrong with Antonelli (Montella has not been high on him for awhile now), and that there may be lingering effects of his injuries.

I really don't see us going for another LB
Yeah, it's weird.

He played less than 400 minutes last season. But there was Vangioni, De Sciglio and Calabria.

We need the depth. And even a squad level LB is some 10~15M extra.
Old 14-08-2017, 17:09   #9440
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON MAN View Post
Kalinic is not WC, but he will improve this team & that is something. Main thing is that with every buy this team is getting better.
I'll try to surprise you now. Neither are Belotti and Auba. The only WC forward we've been linked to is Diego Costa, who is also a WC bitch.
Closed Thread