The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 23-12-2005, 15:31   #1
Lo Tsar
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Default Nigel de Jong Thread

Same old story, a defender being linked with Milan. Except this time the player in question sounds like the type of vesatile defender we need.

Channel4:

Milan are pondering a swoop for Juventus target Nigel De Jong, who is available on a free transfer in the summer.

As reported by Football Italia earlier this month, De Jong has attracted the interest of Juventus as a player of huge potential for the future but the versatile defender has now registered on the Rossoneri’s radar.

De Jong, whose father, Jerry, played for Holland in the 1990s, has come through the ranks of the Ajax academy and grown into one of the most promising players in the Netherlands.

He made his breakthrough two years ago when he won the competition for a right-back berth with Hatem Trabelsi. Since then, the 21-year-old has proven his ability to also play at left-back and on both wings.

These are exactly the sort of qualities that Carlo Ancelotti is looking for as he scours the transfer market for two defenders – one an experienced stopper and another a young player of promise.

De Jong has also received glowing reports from Holland manager and former Milan teammate Marco Van Basten, who is said to have recommended the ambitious Ajax starlet to Ancelotti.

Milan do face stiff opposition from Juve, though. The Bianconeri have a great relationship with the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, who negotiated with Juve sporting director Luciano Moggi in the deals that took Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Emmerson and Pavel Nedved to Turin.

As you all poo-poo-ed the notion of Simunic, what about this guy? I haven't seen a great deal of him, but I've heard alot of good things about him. Anyone know anything else? Would he be as good a solution as he sounds? Being free, he certainly sounds like Galliani's ideal transfer.
Lo Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 16:38   #2
Shevy_007
Omo Naija!!!

Fav. Players: Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard

he doesn't just sound like a good player, he is a good player. and the even better part is that he is still young and can only get better. i've seen him play for the dutch national team as well as ajax. if we get him it'll be a sigh of relief for our defence, espcially the flanks. he is also great at attacking and has a great shot too. just hope this isn't just another rumour. MVB should hook him up with us or rather bring him when he replaces carletto in the summer.
Shevy_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 17:00   #3
poppy
Senior Team Member

Last i heard de jong was on his way to man u (or was it arsenal?)
Don't know how much truth there is to it though
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 17:23   #4
17-und-4
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa

That would be a absolutly great signing.
He is young,good,he plays already for the dutch national team and he is for free....
But i think he will rather go to Juve, we will see...
17-und-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 17:24   #5
Congo Powers
apotheosis berlusconi

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

yep. he's a good player....he's versatile enough to play in midfield too. i'd be really happy if this went through.

Anyone know what happened to his teammate John Heitinga? A few years ago there was a big buzz about him...has he fallen off abit? From what i saw of him he looked like a great prospect.

Signature
I will become even more undignified than this
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 18:23   #6
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers
yep. he's a good player....he's versatile enough to play in midfield too. i'd be really happy if this went through.

Anyone know what happened to his teammate John Heitinga? A few years ago there was a big buzz about him...has he fallen off abit? From what i saw of him he looked like a great prospect.
The last I saw of him he was letting goals in against Italy in that recent friendly. I think he still plays at Ajax, other than that I have heard nothing. So maybe no news is good news.
Old 23-12-2005, 18:27   #7
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Well i have seen him play once or twice and he is kind of good. Still young!! I already mentioned about the possibility of bringing him in under the dream signing thread and is a much better option compared to the crappy defenders we have been linked with in the past.

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 18:39   #8
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Well it would be great if we signed him...I have seen him play in Ajax many times before and belive me guys he is good....

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 18:40   #9
Inzaghi9
=alta tensione=

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato

I think he is good,and the best thing about him is that he is very universal,can play on both sides of defence,even in the centre,on the wings and also as a center midfielder,his other advantages are that he's young and we need a young defender,and he scores a lots of goals...his disadvantages are that he is maybe too young and small(174cm)...

Signature

THE VERY BEST
9 & 7
Inzaghi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 19:18   #10
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzaghi9
his disadvantages are that he is maybe too young and small(174cm)...
I don't think these are his disadvantages. Our defenders are so old so we need young defender, although he is young, he has a lot of experience and i think some old players (such as Maldini, Costacurta, Stam, Cafu) they can help De Jong to become more and more mature. Do you think his height is so important? But if he play as a RB or LB, 174cm is enough.
I hope we can sign him, but i think the most important thing is that after we sign him, we should use him. I don't want to see he spend a lot of time on the bench at next season in Milan ( such as Jankulovski ).

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 19:54   #11
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

he is Nice Player But he is't For Milan

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 20:14   #12
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugiNesta
he is Nice Player But he is't For Milan
he is good for milan in my FootballManager06 game

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 21:04   #13
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Tsar
Being free, he certainly sounds like Galliani's ideal transfer.
Hahaaha, yes sir.
I don't know sh-- about this player!
Please no, uknown names!

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 21:26   #14
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

I have seen him this year in Champions League .. and to say the truth .. I would love to have him in our team .. he plays in the Cafu place.. place where we need replacment momentally .. + he has good shoot & skills..

It will be good New Year present for Milan fans if they bring him.

FORZA MILAN !!

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.

Last edited by besikaka; 23-12-2005 at 21:39.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 21:34   #15
Shevy_007
Omo Naija!!!

Fav. Players: Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGOSLAV
Hahaaha, yes sir.
I don't know sh-- about this player!
Please no, uknown names!

well, shows u don't know sh-- about soccer too, he isn't an "unknown" name but not a "big" name either, he's an upcoming player, just like all the present "known" players were once-upon-a-time.
Old 23-12-2005, 21:46   #16
Shevy_007
Omo Naija!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Tsar
The last I saw of him he was letting goals in against Italy in that recent friendly. I think he still plays at Ajax, other than that I have heard nothing. So maybe no news is good news.
were in the world do you get your info from or do you just like formulating stuff up?? johnny didn't play that game, if you saw anything at all it was probably vlaar letting in goals. he's still a good player, maybe even more versatile than de jong 'cos he can play CD & DM too, guess de jong's performances have been overshadowing his lately, i think we'll see more of him in the world cup next year.
Old 23-12-2005, 22:23   #17
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevy_007
were in the world do you get your info from or do you just like formulating stuff up?? johnny didn't play that game, if you saw anything at all it was probably vlaar letting in goals. he's still a good player, maybe even more versatile than de jong 'cos he can play CD & DM too, guess de jong's performances have been overshadowing his lately, i think we'll see more of him in the world cup next year.
Where in the world do you get the face to criticsize things when you yourself are the one who is wrong? Heitinga did play against Itlay, and he was awful. There was even some debate over an Italy goal as it looked liked he infact scored it past his own keeper. And he did lose his form, hence Juve and others dropping interest in him. And he isn't more versatile than De Jong as he can't play the wings like De Jong can, Heitinga is strictly a central player.
Old 23-12-2005, 22:28   #18
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Young + talented + versatile + attacking L+R back = Yahhoooooooooooooooooo.com
Bring him already.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 22:39   #19
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevy_007

well, shows u don't know sh-- about soccer too, he isn't an "unknown" name but not a "big" name either, he's an upcoming player, just like all the present "known" players were once-upon-a-time.
Hey, I'm in no mood for arguing, allright boy ?
I don't get to watch that much football here in Chicago, so you better not be
talkin' about my knowledge 'cause tomorrow I might be in a gr8 mood for arguing.

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher

Last edited by YUGOSLAV; 23-12-2005 at 22:58.
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 22:43   #20
Congo Powers
apotheosis berlusconi

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGOSLAV
STFU boy.
what the hell, dude..you don't have to be rude just because he made a correct statement.

Signature
I will become even more undignified than this
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote