The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 12-09-2005, 22:38   #81
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Tsar
(addressing acm7) People with such illjudged views on a Milan legend should keep them to themselves
Are you a bitter Juve fan or something?
Hey Tsar, that's one of those guys who periodically get some Pippo-bashing itch + then come a-crawling from under their rock to troll this place. Must be that time of the year again...

Stop giving him attention, this thread deserves better than him ruining it. Grazie

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 22:44   #82
Lo Tsar
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Hey Tsar, that's one of those guys who periodically get some Pippo-bashing itch + then come a-crawling from under their rock to troll this place. Must be that time of the year again...

Stop giving him attention, this thread deserves better than him ruining it. Grazie
Absolutely From now on people should only post complementry or constructive critisism here. This is after all a shrine devoted to the one true god that is SUPPERPIPPO!!!!! All Hail
Lo Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 23:04   #83
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Absolutely From now on people should only post complementry or constructive critisism here. This is after all a shrine devoted to the one true god that is SUPPERPIPPO!!!!! All Hail
LOL
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 23:05   #84
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Non vogliamo esagerare

Signature

Old 12-09-2005, 23:15   #85
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Non vogliamo esagerare
Non Credo in Dio
Old 13-09-2005, 00:06   #86
acm7
Primavera Player

Quote:
Yes, back to my original point -- Inzaghi should give back the millions he has been taking for doing nothing. At least Redondo had the integrity to do that.
acm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 05:04   #87
milan*7
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm7
Yes, back to my original point -- Inzaghi should give back the millions he has been taking for doing nothing.
No he shouldn't. For that money he's been working harder than most trying to regain his injury-ravaged form. If he were to leave now all that money we invested in his recovery would go to waste. Kinda the opposite of integrity, hmm?
milan*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 07:18   #88
Inzaghi9
=alta tensione=

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato

Quote:
Yes, back to my original point -- Inzaghi should give back the millions he has been taking for doing nothing. At least Redondo had the integrity to do that.
I don't agree with zyou,however he was injured,he still worked very hard and everytime he came on the pitch he was always trying to do his best...
hope to see him again scoring for Milan...
Inzaghi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 07:26   #89
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
I don't know about you but but I think a European cup and a Scudetto are more important than a few million Euro's of B's. Infact I think we got ourselves a bargain
Old 13-09-2005, 07:50   #90
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta

Quote:
I don't know about you but but I think a European cup and a Scudetto are more important than a few million Euro's of B's. Infact I think we got ourselves a bargain
Let him first take to the pitch and live up to his name, even if it takes a few games. Then we'll see.
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 09:14   #91
acm7
Primavera Player

Quote:
No, Juve got the bargain. They won 3 of the last 4 Scudetti after dumping the loser.
Old 13-09-2005, 09:21   #92
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
No, Juve got the bargain. They won 3 of the last 4 Scudetti after dumping the loser.
LoL true. I like the part u mentioned about the integrity. Well said

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 11:22   #93
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

It was Juve's style of transfer. They always acquire young promising players, in their early 20s then turned them into superstars. When the players reach the wrong half of the 20s, they sell them so expensive to other clubs to make way for another young promising players in the early 20s, and the cycle never stops. This is the case with Pippo (for Trezeguet), Zidane (Nedved) and Baggio (Del Boy). Even when Platini came, he was replacing an English star who just brought them the scudetto. So no use of bitching about how Pippo or Juve shorthanded us. It was their style.

Someone mentioned that they won 3 scudettos after selling Pippo. That is partly wrong. They bought very good players: Nedved, Buffon and Thuram from the proceed of selling Zidane to Madrid, 55 million, still the world record fee. Pippo's transfer fee to Milan was not even half that amount.

Talking about integrity, someone compared him with Redondo. Shame on you! I said it again, shame on you! That is absolutely different! As much as I adore him, Redondo hasn't played one single official game when he was injured at the beginning of 00-01 season and it took him 2 seasons to play. And he proposed the pay cut at the beginning of 01-02 season, one year after he was absent. So for 1 whole season (00-01), he still got the pay although he was not playing.

Meanwhile Pippo came to the 01-02 season in full health, although was injured in the home game vs Chievo and was only healthy again late in the season. Next season (02-03) he was probably one of the fittest player in the squad. 03-04 and last season he managed to play couple of games too. My point is, he managed to play in every season that he's been with Milan.

So comparing Pippo with Redondo was absolutely stupid! Maybe you should compare Redondo with Jonathan Woodgate at Real, that's will make more sense.

I remember at the beginning of the season someone talked that Pippo is finished and compared him with RvNistelrooy, just another has been striker. Look at RvN now! The same thing can happen to Pippo too!

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite

Last edited by gaizka22; 13-09-2005 at 11:35.
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 11:43   #94
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
Talking about integrity, someone compared him with Redondo. Shame on you! I said it again, shame on you! That is absolutely different! As much as I adore him, Redondo hasn't played one single official game when he was injured at the beginning of 00-01 season and it took him 2 seasons to play. And he proposed the pay cut at the beginning of 01-02 season, one year after he was absent. So for 1 whole season (00-01), he still got the pay although he was not playing.

Meanwhile Pippo came to the 01-02 season in full health, although was injured in the home game vs Chievo and was only healthy again late in the season. Next season (02-03) he was probably one of the fittest player in the squad. 03-04 and last season he managed to play couple of games too.

So comparing Pippo with Redondo was absolutely stupid! Maybe you should compare Redondo with Jonathan Woodgate at Real, that's will make more sense.
Pippo has hardly played in the past 2 season. At the rate he is going he will probably miss the most of this season as well. Not many people have the class to do what redondo did so Pippo would be the last person i think that would do that. How they extended his contract when he has hardly played in 2 seasons is beyond me.

Quote:
I remember at the beginning of the season someone talked that Pippo is finished and compared him with RvNistelrooy, just another has been striker. Look at RvN now! The same thing can happen to Pippo too!
Ah Ruud only missed a few months of action. He still finished the top scorer of the champs league last season with 8 goals in his so called worst season. Man Utd havent signed any new strikers so once again he was given the chance to proove himself this season. If Pippo ever does come back, he would have Gila,Sheva and Vieri ahead of him. The chances of him playing to get back his fitness are slim. He would probably leave Milan or retire at the end of the season unless he plans on playing 5-6 games a season.

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends

Last edited by menon_inc; 13-09-2005 at 11:49.
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 12:11   #95
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Pippo has hardly played in the past 2 season. At the rate he is going he will probably miss the most of this season as well. Not many people have the class to do what redondo did so Pippo would be the last person i think that would do that. How they extended his contract when he has hardly played in 2 seasons is beyond me.
My point is, he managed to play in every season that he's been with Milan. That you can't deny. Milan extending his contract is a sign of faith. You should have the same too about him

Quote:
Ah Ruud only missed a few months of action. He still finished the top scorer of the champs league last season with 8 goals in his so called worst season. Man Utd havent signed any new strikers so once again he was given the chance to proove himself this season. If Pippo ever does come back, he would have Gila,Sheva and Vieri ahead of him. The chances of him playing to get back his fitness are slim. He would probably leave Milan or retire at the end of the season unless he plans on playing 5-6 games a season.
The whole point is trying to get Pippo healthy again. Whether he's going to play is totally up to Ancelotti. We never know what would happen when he's healthy. One of the striker might get injured (knock on wood) or through suspension etc. He might have a chance to shine again.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 13:28   #96
amopippo
Primavera Player

I'VE waited for mio pippo for 2 yrs.cant wait to see him agaun!
forza pippo!
let's fight for pippo,all true fans!
amopippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 13:33   #97
amopippo
Primavera Player

he shouldnt have been that brave.the serious knee injure ruin evrything!
amopippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 13:46   #98
acm7
Primavera Player

Quote:
It was Juve's style of transfer. They always acquire young promising players, in their early 20s then turned them into superstars. When the players reach the wrong half of the 20s, they sell them so expensive to other clubs to make way for another young promising players in the early 20s, and the cycle never stops. This is the case with Pippo (for Trezeguet), Zidane (Nedved) and Baggio (Del Boy). Even when Platini came, he was replacing an English star who just brought them the scudetto. So no use of bitching about how Pippo or Juve shorthanded us. It was their style.

Someone mentioned that they won 3 scudettos after selling Pippo. That is partly wrong. They bought very good players: Nedved, Buffon and Thuram from the proceed of selling Zidane to Madrid, 55 million, still the world record fee. Pippo's transfer fee to Milan was not even half that amount.
What are you talking about? Nedved and Thuram were 29/30 when they moved to Juve. The same age as Zidane when he left. The point is Juve dumped Inzaghi because Trezeguet benched him. Juve thought Trezeguet would perform better and win for them and they were right. Inzaghi did not, even with Zidane, Van der Sar, and del Piero in their prime.
Old 13-09-2005, 13:51   #99
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Look look who *also* came a-crawling from his rock...

What exactly was the noble thing that Redondo did ? In a much publicized PR stunt he offered to take a salary cut after 15 months of lining his pockets with one one of the fattest paychecks in the biz, 15 months during which he NEVER kicked a ball for Milan. Oops, not only that,, I think he never even moved his butt back to Milan after being diagnosed + lived la dolce vita 'recuperating' in Madrid. His sudden flare-up of a conscience didn't hinder him to keep the fancy car + the fancy house, both provided by Milan. Speculation has always been he fooled us + came here already injured. Puts his noble deed in perspective, doesn't it ?

Pippo was offered a retirement deal after Berlusconi took a long + contemplative look at the shiny + spanking new piece of silverware that he proudly added to his impressive but dust-collecting display in his trophy cabinet... on one of those days in early summer of 2003.

If you disagree with Berlusconi's decision I strongly encourage you to relay your concerns to him in a formal letter. I'm sure he will have a long, good + healthy laugh.

FORZA PIPPO !!!

Signature

Old 13-09-2005, 13:57   #100
acm7
Primavera Player

Quote:

Meanwhile Pippo came to the 01-02 season in full health, although was injured in the home game vs Chievo and was only healthy again late in the season. Next season (02-03) he was probably one of the fittest player in the squad. 03-04 and last season he managed to play couple of games too. My point is, he managed to play in every season that he's been with Milan.

The point is that in Redondo's situation he had the class and integrity about him to offer money back. On the other hand, Inzaghi has been collecting a massive paycheck for over two years now for playing a few matches and is scheduled to be paid for another four years.