The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?
<=5 63 26.92%
6-10 44 18.80%
11-15 39 16.67%
16-20 34 14.53%
21-25 18 7.69%
26-30 3 1.28%
>30 33 14.10%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2007, 16:28   #1
Beach_Babe
Rookie

Fav. Players: Kaka,Gila, Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Nesta And Everyone who plays at Milan
Default Alexandre Pato Thread

"AC Milan are launching a bid for Internacional superkid Alexandre Pato.
The 17 year-old is rated at £8 million by Inter and Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has given the green light for negotiations to open.

Pato is also in Chelsea's sights, but Milan have already laid the ground-work to land the teenager after director Umberto Gandini spent time with Inter officials last month in Japan during the Club World Championship.

The teenager's Inter teammate, fullback Ceara, is also interesting the Rossoneri."

wow i hope he joins Milan, he's young and according to wikipedia he's good!!
Beach_Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 16:54   #2
cosmin
National Team Player

I heard this before, on goal.com I think. Saw him the game against barca and looked good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyU4GV_Q2eU

Signature
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
cosmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 17:18   #3
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

He's good and now let's hope that Milan does an effort to get him
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 17:22   #4
cosmin
National Team Player

Pato means duck?

Signature
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
cosmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 17:37   #5
Beach_Babe
Rookie

Fav. Players: Kaka,Gila, Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Nesta And Everyone who plays at Milan

yeah lool
Beach_Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 17:40   #6
Milanista
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: 03 , 08

LOL. ducks are cool. when i was little, i watched the duck cartoon. i forgot his/her name.
Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 18:00   #7
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach_Babe
and according to wikipedia he's good!!
Post of the year

From Eurosport.com :

Internacional youngster Alexandre Pato, reportedly a target for Chelsea and Milan, has been called into the Brazil Under-20 squad.

Although only 17, the forward will be handed the chance to impress and earn a place in the Olympic Games squad for Beijing in 2008.

The South American prodigy played in the recent FIFA World Club Cup and has caught the eye of Chelsea head scout Frank Arnesen.

Milan have been admirers of him for some time but both European giants would have the issue of obtaining a work permit for the teenager.

"The only problem is that the boy does not have a European passport," commented Umberto Gandini, sporting director of the Rossoneri.

Eurosport - AM - 28/12/2006 19:27

---

Question : Is it true that prior to the World Club Cup in Japan he had played only one half of first team football ?

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 18:56   #8
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Post of the year

From Eurosport.com :

Internacional youngster Alexandre Pato, reportedly a target for Chelsea and Milan, has been called into the Brazil Under-20 squad.

Although only 17, the forward will be handed the chance to impress and earn a place in the Olympic Games squad for Beijing in 2008.

The South American prodigy played in the recent FIFA World Club Cup and has caught the eye of Chelsea head scout Frank Arnesen.

Milan have been admirers of him for some time but both European giants would have the issue of obtaining a work permit for the teenager.

"The only problem is that the boy does not have a European passport," commented Umberto Gandini, sporting director of the Rossoneri.

Eurosport - AM - 28/12/2006 19:27

---

Question : Is it true that prior to the World Club Cup in Japan he had played only one half of first team football ?
I think I recall someone mentioning that while I was watching Inter vs Barca
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 19:12   #9
Mystik
National Team Player

Isn't he the guy who Internacional was keeping under wraps because he hadn't signed a professional contract yet and teams could have snapped up for next to nothing ? That's why they didn't play him..IIRC. Then on his debut..he stunned everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 19:14   #10
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-

Frank Arnesen is the guy who brought Ronaldo to PSV, so if he's interested in this new kid - so am I !

Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 22:30   #11
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

havin' watched the Club World Cup tournament... Pato has shown talent... wouldn't mind him... but not his teammate Ceara...

Signature

Numero 6 per sempre
C'è solo un capitano
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 23:02   #12
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Browsed around a little for educated opinion. Nobody is denying his talent, apparently he made a couple of impressive runs + dribbles against Barcelona, but at this stage of his development he still seems too much in love with his bag of tricks + gives possession away too easily. Until I've actually seen him play I put him in the category 'product of the Brazilian hype machine'.

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 23:06   #13
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

He sounds incredibly more interesting than Iaquinta. If Iaquinta is purchased, that would be laughable. I would like someone else to purchase him so the Milan rumors will end.

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa España! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:48   #14
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Browsed around a little for educated opinion. Nobody is denying his talent, apparently he made a couple of impressive runs + dribbles against Barcelona, but at this stage of his development he still seems too much in love with his bag of tricks + gives possession away too easily. Until I've actually seen him play I put him in the category 'product of the Brazilian hype machine'.

I saw him in both World Club games....no doubt he has a MAJOR upside, and I think he could very easily become a very prolific scorer and I think could be quite influential. If Milan got him now we're definitely looking at about 3 years time , as you pointed out he did seem to like his party tricks a bit, however he did wrong foot Puyol and make a dope out of him a few times...make what you want of that of course. In the end,just my Crappy opinion, I don't think this guy his hype.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:17   #15
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraku
I, as you pointed out he did seem to like his party tricks a bit, however he did wrong foot Puyol and make a dope out of him a few times...make what you want of that of course. .
Hmmmm well concidering the kid is 17 of course he does party tricks but as you said he made pujol look like a fool few times..He is definitly a good kid,great prospect so if you ask me 8milion would be wiser to splash on him then on Iaquinta.....Pato has a really bright future ahead of him

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 13:50   #16
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

I wouldn't buy him just yet. First option would be the best thing here as he's basically only played half a season or so in the first team. Get first option on him so that other clubs can't take him from us before he's ready and leave him in Brazil another 2-3 years to mature as a player. By then he'd be around the 19-20 mark which is around the time stars are plucked out of South America. I only wish we'd look at some more Europeans and established ones even if there are in a smaller league.
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 17:36   #17
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`

i saw him only once playing (against barcelona),i remember that deco hit him with the ball in the face ,an he was substituted in the 70 min` i think,the player that substituted him scored the winning goal for internacional
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 19:02   #18
PRIYO
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.

i thought he's being linked with real madrid?
PRIYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:23   #19
Nicko
Rookie

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Aimar, Totti, Salas, Seedorf, Raul, Pato, Boateng, Cassano

men i saw him playing today against my country (chile) in the sudamericano sub 20 and he played very well he score 2 goals and when he scores the 2 he had touch the ball only 3 times and 2 were goals he's amazing...
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 14:21   #20
bryan1202
Chileno De Corazon

Fav. Players: All Milan Players, Chile National team and Chile sub 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko
men i saw him playing today against my country (chile) in the sudamericano sub 20 and he played very well he score 2 goals and when he scores the 2 he had touch the ball only 3 times and 2 were goals he's amazing...

Hey Nicko im from Chile too..and when i saw Leandro Lima get injured i thought we could take advantage of the game..
bryan1202 is offline   Reply With Quote