Jose Mourinho Thread

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
He is among the best mangers but simply he isn’t the best since he is underachieving considering the players he possess.
With such squad , winning 2 EPL league is normal while Arsenal reaching the final in CL is an achievement.
That’s the point we r discussing.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Wild, it's not easy to manage a team full of stars, it is actually harder, not any manager can handle all of the stars in the team, it needs strong personality, which Mourinho has. But he can't make all of his players satisfied because some of them have to stay on the bench or in the reserves, I believe Mourinho isn't underachieving, because he had to concentrate on either winning the CL or the EPL, he still didn't reach the level of winning both considering the other teams fighting for the tournament.

Arsenal reached the CL final, but they finished 4th in the EPL. And Rijkaard won the CL + The Spanish La Liga, because he's squad is better + he had no competition in Spain last year.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
doesn't that mean Rijkaard is a better manager than? he has to lead a team of superstars in Barca... started off badly... but went on to win La Liga twice... similar to Mourinho... but with the added incentive of the CL...

don't forget Ronaldinho was good before he went to Barca... now he is easily the best in Europe havin' won the FIFA POTY & European POTY two times in a row... he also discovered Messi... Iniesta & Valdes... rejuvenated an Arsenal reject Gio... plus a heap lot more...

Mourinho didn't really have any competition for two seasons in the EPL either... plus he has a better squad than any other team in the EPL or Europe for that matter... the vast majority of the team were already stars before he joined Chelsea... and the players he bought were good players before they joined Chelsea too...

Penny2

Primavera
Reaction score
Chelsea are like fascism, as long as they are successful it all goes wonderfully, but the merest suggestion of failure and it all falls apart and everyone claims that the didn't like it much anyway.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Mourinho's talents are not for discovering players, Mourinho is a great tactican. Rijkaard helps players out, but his tactics are not as good as Mourinho's.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so you are sayin' Mourinho is limited & Rijkaard isn't as limited... thus doesn't that arrive with the conclusion that Rijkaard is still a better manager? poor tactics or not is open for debate... but he still won two La Liga titles & the CL with his poor tactics... yet Mourinho with the better tactics could only win two EPL titles...

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mourinho with better tactics won 2 EPL, you can't say that Barca had competence like Chelsea had, yes Chelsea dominated it, but Man Utd + Arsenal are still great teams, in Spain nobody was able to at least make a challenge to Barca.

As for Mourinho in the CL, 2 seasons ago he knocked Rijkaard out, then lost in the semi's with a controversial goal by Liverpool, they've scored it in the 3rd minute and defended the whole game, and it wasn't even a real goal, you can't do anything about it...can you?

And last year again another clash with Barca, and Rijkaard revenged. But this year Mourinho again took the lead over Rijkaard in their one on ones.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Sometime its better 2 have a manager who can create unity among the players than a better tactician.
If I want 2 choose between Wenger & Morinho then I will go 4 the Frenchman without blinking.

And about Cappelo u need 2 know that he is past it.
Also I hate him dragging same players anywhere he goes.
I mean what the fuck man , b more creative.

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:
Mourinho with better tactics won 2 EPL, you can't say that Barca had competence like Chelsea had, yes Chelsea dominated it, but Man Utd + Arsenal are still great teams, in Spain nobody was able to at least make a challenge to Barca.

As for Mourinho in the CL, 2 seasons ago he knocked Rijkaard out, then lost in the semi's with a controversial goal by Liverpool, they've scored it in the 3rd minute and defended the whole game, and it wasn't even a real goal, you can't do anything about it...can you?

And last year again another clash with Barca, and Rijkaard revenged. But this year Mourinho again took the lead over Rijkaard in their one on ones.

WTF?!? no one challenged Barca yeah but no one challenged Chelsea, but you say Arsenal and the Mancs are good teams.. but so are Valencia and Real Madrid! But all didn't challenge in their leagues!!!

As for the CL 2 years ago, we scored, we won the game, we won the competition, now show a bit more class than that twat Mourinho and drop it, whats done is done.

The better off the manager doesn't depend on a few one on one encounters either. Rijkaard has won 2 leagues AND a CL (maybe some other cup, i'm not sure :) let me know if so) and Mourinho has won 2 leagues and no CL, regardless off how they went out, they went out! thats the point.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
article

First Round To Mourinho As Abramovich Agrees For Transfers E-mail
Written by Staff Writer

If Roman Abramovich thought that his side of scale was heavier in his fight with club manager Jose Mourinho, then he should think again. Chants of "Stand Up For The Special One" at the start of the match against Wigan Athletic showed on whose side the Chelsea faithful were really on.

The Abramovich-Mourinho duel has stretched out for nearly a week now and if latest rumors are to be believed, then the Chelsea owner is slowly turning around his stance vis-à-vis Mourinho. After the remarkable outburst from the Chelsea manager in his match address to Chelsea fans on Saturday, it has emerged that Abramovich has conceded that new players are needed for the team, and those should be the manager's choice.

"Since Wednesday, Abramovich has realized Jose needs to bring in players during this transfer window. There will definitely be a central defender, and maybe a striker. Those in power now want to bring some peace to the club. This has been about who is really the big boss. And at the moment, especially when you see the result against Wigan, Jose will not be resigning", said a source close to the Chelsea management.

Player pressure too has increased on Abramovich with captain John Terry leading from the front saying that he is willing to talk to the club higher-ups about the issue. "We don't want Jose to go and if it takes five or six of the senior players to tell them so, then that's what we're prepared to do. We are all loyal to Jose but this is putting pressure on everyone", Terry said.

Meanwhile Mourinho evaded questions about his future at the club saying that Chelsea, and not him, was more important. "I am still young for a manager but I am very old in football. I will be 44 next week, so I've lived in football for 44 years. When I say the club is more important than me, the future of the club is more important. My future is not important in this context and in this moment everyone in the club should think about the club and not himself", he said.

However even if Mourinho decides to leave Chelsea, then he will not be unemployed for long with a host of European bigwigs waiting on the sidelines to capture the prize. Mourinho has been linked with moves to Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Barcelona and Real Madrid with the Portuguese Football Association keen to offer him the national role.

damn, shattered i was hoping he would be sacked. shit. now a new striker will come to chelsea n sheva fuck the loyalty to chelsea they obviously dont give a shit apart from the ppl up high but the manager and players dont really seem to care.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mr C said:
The better off the manager doesn't depend on a few one on one encounters either. Rijkaard has won 2 leagues AND a CL (maybe some other cup, i'm not sure :) let me know if so) and Mourinho has won 2 leagues and no CL, regardless off how they went out, they went out! thats the point.
Goodness, people, are we now arguing whether the Special One is more or less special than Rijkaard (I like them both btw) ?

Yea, Mourinho hasn't won the CL yet, but you can't really hold it against him YET, as you can only quantify + compare achievements within an identical timeframe. Rijkaard only managed to win the CL in his *3rd season* with Barcelona, so Mourinho still has his chance to draw level. And Rijkaard didn't win shit in his first season, whereas Mourinho won the championship, the League Cup + the Community Shield, didn't he ?

This has turned into a somewhat silly discussion ;)

Last edited:

Rinogers

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Amoruso, Boyd
Mourinho is far superior to Rijkaard. I don't see Jose having spats with his players like Frank has had with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Guily to name just a few. This is because Rijkaard lost his disciplinarian assistant manager, Henk ten Cate, last Summer to Ajax. Where as Mourinho is second to none when it comes to holding respect in the locker room, he doesn't need someone else to do it for him like Rijkaard does.

Rijkaard also has no notion of how to handle the media, something Mourinho has given him a master class on everytime they have played each other in the CL, that as well as tactics.

And btw, Rijkaards transfers suck to, the only ones he was directly responsible for so far at Barca are Van Bronkhorst, Davids and Albertini - all flops, well not so much v. Bronkhorst, but not great either. Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Deco etc were all down to Txiki and Laporta.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
Passion for *9* said:
Goodness, people, are we now arguing whether the Special One is more or less special than Rijkaard (I like them both btw) ?

Yea, Mourinho hasn't won the CL yet, but you can't really hold it against him YET, as you can only quantify + compare achievements within an identical timeframe. Rijkaard only managed to win the CL in his *3rd season* with Barcelona, so Mourinho still has his chance to draw level. And Rijkaard didn't win shit in his first season, whereas Mourinho won the championship, the League Cup + the Community Shield, didn't he ?

This has turned into a somewhat silly discussion ;)

yes but did rijkaard have a russian paying for his transfers?? i think not and barca was in the development stage back then n doing fair shit in and over time he has proved to know wot he is doing with his purchases coz unlike chelsea who just wana sign superstars baraca look at what a player can bring and how he would suit their system. id loke Rijkaard to be in milan :D

Rinogers

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Amoruso, Boyd
sheva007 said:
yes but did rijkaard have a russian paying for his transfers??
No, but he does have the richest club and its 150,000 fully paid up members behind him. So don't try and say Frank has achieved his success on a shoe string because he hasn't.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rinogers said:
No, but he does have the richest club and its 150,000 fully paid up members behind him. So don't try and say Frank has achieved his success on a shoe string because he hasn't.

wasnt implying that. frank also spend some money but his transfer are more influential then most of chelsea who buy players at twice there price then sells them at a quater they paid for a season later. i might be wrong but barca back wen frank took over wasnt the richest club they only improved finacialy coz every1 wants 2 see ronaldinho play + there new brand of football. and how that they have messi who is also a superstar they will keep on increasing there revenue.

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
What a load of crap by the usual crowd famous for their unwillingness or inability to transcend prejudice + acknowledge achievements :o

True, Mourinho inherited a whole bunch of players collected during Ranieri's shopping rampage 2003/04. Ranieri, cursed with 25 or so big ego players, tried to cater to each + every whim of his 'stars' + overrotated the squad in a futile attempt to keep everyone happy. Not only did he fail to keep everyone happy, he also + not surprisingly failed to transform the collection of egos + mercenaries into a TEAM. And here comes the near-genius Mourinho + does just that, he weeds out the whiners with their overinflated egos + sense of entitlement who were unwilling to accept their role + commit themselves to executing Mourinho's masterplan + instills enough team spirit + motivation into the hearts + minds of the remaining players to win 2 back-to-back championships. Is he flawless ? Course not + no one is denying he made some less fortunate signings, albeit half of them have turned out to be Arnesen's (deliberate ???) mistakes.

What a bunch of ******** bullshit.No one's suggesting that Ranieri is a better manager than Mourinho.Just that Claudio brought in much more succesful players in the transfer department,something which helped Mourinho immeasurably in his reign.Yes,it's already acknowledged that Ranieri does not have the personality or the mentality to succesfully control such a wealthy team but he didn't do badly when Abramovich took over.He took Chelsea into the semi-finals of the Champions League (something which the 'special one' hasn't bettered) and took them into runners-up position in the Premiership (their highest league finish for half a century) in a season in which Arsenal went unbeaten the whole year.

It was necessary for Ranieri to rotate the squad due to the 12 or so players coming in on a 100 million pound spending spree.It was a transitional and delevloping phase for the club while some veterans like Zola,Graeme le Saux,Desailly had to make way.It was necessary to bring in players because so many of them were not performing in the UEFA Cup,and considering the club's ambition,it was absolutely essential for a total revamping of the squad.

Mourinho is a real top manager(easily) but I just don't know how much of a 'genius' he really is given the top squad and funds that were at his disposal when he arrived at Chelski.So,yes,I acknowledge the fact that Mourinho after being handled all the tools to win titles,molded a great squad into a dominant TEAM.His reign with Chelsea has been top-notch but he owes a huge deal to Abramovich and Ranieri,if it wasn't for them,Mourinho's largely inept signings wouldn't have taken him to his current position.Chelsea,for the last 2 seasons,with the quality and depth in the squad and funds available are every manager's dream to coach.

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA' 22 said:

if like you say... Chelsea dominated it... it doesn't matter even if Man Utd & Arsenal are great teams... they were bein' dominated by Chelsea... they could not challenge Chelsea at all...

it is exactly the same in Spain... while Barca dominates it... Real Madrid... Sevilla... Valencia are all great teams... but still they were dominated by Barca...

regardin' Chelsea vs Liverpool... no you can do somethin' about it... attack & score... ultimately it all falls back to Mourinho's tactical ability... which he proves is not as good as acclaimed...

who cares about this season's Chelsea vs Barca? it is in the group stage... not a knockout... and both qualified for the knockout stage didn't they?

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Rinogers said:
Mourinho is far superior to Rijkaard. I don't see Jose having spats with his players like Frank has had with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Guily to name just a few. This is because Rijkaard lost his disciplinarian assistant manager, Henk ten Cate, last Summer to Ajax. Where as Mourinho is second to none when it comes to holding respect in the locker room, he doesn't need someone else to do it for him like Rijkaard does. .

What a load of bs. Its clear that Mourinho cant deal with a lot of players he has and thats one of the reasons he is having problems at chelsky at the moment. In his first season he had problems with Mutu and last season he had problems with Gallas and Chelsky were forced to sell Gallas and now he is suffeing defensively because of his poor man management skills. He also had problems with Kezmen and this year seems to be having problem with most of his new stars like Sheva, Kalou and he has also pissed a lot of players by making Ballack a regular when he is not performing. He is a good manager but cant deal with ego's.

Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi and co are still happy and training in Barca.

Rinogers said:
Rijkaard also has no notion of how to handle the media, something Mourinho has given him a master class on everytime they have played each other in the CL, that as well as tactics. .

Mourinho handles the media by putting more preasure on his own team and himself and when things dont go down to well like at the moment, things work againts him and his team. Rijkaard handled the media much better when they both met in the champions league last year and this year.

Rinogers said:
And btw, Rijkaards transfers suck to, the only ones he was directly responsible for so far at Barca are Van Bronkhorst, Davids and Albertini - all flops, well not so much v. Bronkhorst, but not great either. Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Deco etc were all down to Txiki and Laporta.

Davids sucked? David was signed on loan and prooved to be the revolution needed by barca at that point of time and they went on to move from a position troubled by the relegation zone to finishing 2nd or 3rd that year. He also got his team playing very attractive football and gets the results on top of that. He has also combined a lot of big players into a unit which is something Mourinho cant seem to do. You mentioned 3 players that Rijkaard signed and is happy with and the squad is doing ok. Mourinho has spend so much in the transfer market and has only delivered 2 epls and once a bit of his money is froozen, he becomes defensive and whines to the media about how unlucky he is while most managers in the other club has to live on his 1 year transfer budget for probably 3-4 season. He is good but not in Rijkaards league, as a man, a manager and ofcuz a player :D

Rinogers

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Amoruso, Boyd
sheva007 said:
wasnt implying that. frank also spend some money but his transfer are more influential then most of chelsea who buy players at twice there price then sells them at a quater they paid for a season later. i might be wrong but barca back wen frank took over wasnt the richest club they only improved finacialy coz every1 wants 2 see ronaldinho play + there new brand of football. and how that they have messi who is also a superstar they will keep on increasing there revenue.

Rijkaard had nothing to do with Barca's financial turn around. That was down to Laporta's restructuring of their debts and rebranding of the club.

menon_inc said:
What a load of bs. Its clear that Mourinho cant deal with a lot of players he has and thats one of the reasons he is having problems at chelsky at the moment. In his first season he had problems with Mutu and last season he had problems with Gallas and Chelsky were forced to sell Gallas and now he is suffeing defensively because of his poor man management skills. He also had problems with Kezmen and this year seems to be having problem with most of his new stars like Sheva, Kalou and he has also pissed a lot of players by making Ballack a regular when he is not performing. He is a good manager but cant deal with ego's.

Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi and co are still happy and training in Barca.
What problem at Chelsea? being on a 12 game unbeaten run when your 2 first choice keeepers and 3 central defenders including the captain are out injured?

Mutu was a drug addict and Gallas was far too greedy even by Chelsea standards, if anything I respected Mourinho more for the way he didn't buckle to Gallas' black mail in particular. And Mourinho isn't having problems with his new stars, his new stars are having problems with their game, big difference. Fact is Chelsea's key players are Cech, Terry, Essien, Makelele, Lampard, Robben and Drogba - all adore Jose, Terry even made a plee this week for Mourinho to never leave. Where as Frank's key players Ronaldinho, Messi, Puyol, Eto'o and Deco all dislike him and have very public spats with him

Menon_inc said:
Mourinho handles the media by putting more preasure on his own team and himself and when things dont go down to well like at the moment, things work againts him and his team. Rijkaard handled the media much better when they both met in the champions league last year and this year.
The opposite is true, I don't think i've ever seen a nervous performance from Chelsea since Mourinho took over, infact I would say his best contribution has been to take all the lime light and pressure off his players with the outlandish way he handles the media. Barca on the other hand don't benefit from this and already this season we have seen them bottle it when it counts in the finals of the Super Cup, World Club Cup along with big league games like El Classico. I guess players don't find Rijkaards mummbles in press confrences that reassuring.

Menon_inc said:
Davids sucked? David was signed on loan and prooved to be the revolution needed by barca at that point of time and they went on to move from a position troubled by the relegation zone to finishing 2nd or 3rd that year. He also got his team playing very attractive football and gets the results on top of that. He has also combined a lot of big players into a unit which is something Mourinho cant seem to do. You mentioned 3 players that Rijkaard signed and is happy with and the squad is doing ok. Mourinho has spend so much in the transfer market and has only delivered 2 epls and once a bit of his money is froozen, he becomes defensive and whines to the media about how unlucky he is while most managers in the other club has to live on his 1 year transfer budget for probably 3-4 season. He is good but not in Rijkaards league, as a man, a manager and ofcuz a player :D
Rijkaards own hand picked transfers are woeful. 2 has beens on 6 month loans and a LB who can't defend is a terrible record, especially when Chelsea have Mourinho to thank for Carvalho, Essien and Drogba.

And Rijkaard being a better player than Mourinho doesn't prove anything. Infact I think it was Mourinho himself who said "He might have been a better player than me, but i'm the better manager".

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Rinogers said:
What problem at Chelsea? being on a 12 game unbeaten run when your 2 first choice keeepers and 3 central defenders including the captain are out injured?

Its either you are not reading the papers lately or you are completly ignoring the fact that Mourinho has put his club under more preasure by whining to the media about not being able to sign players in jan despite spending close to a 100 million and requesting for a smaller squad at the start of the season. On top of that he has a much better squad compared to most of the clubs in the epl and can still afford to whine and cry in the media and blame everyone about how depressing his stat is that he cant sign players in jan is a joke. Rijkaard is also dealing with the fact that 2 of his top class players in Messi and E'to have been injured for so time now. Instead of crying to the media and threatening the chairman and club by the media and crying about not being able to sign players, Rijkaard is making use of the squad he has and has faith and believe in his current squad.

On top of that, Barca play much better football than Chelsky.

Rinogers said:
Mutu was a drug addict and Gallas was far too greedy even by Chelsea standards, if anything I respected Mourinho more for the way he didn't buckle to Gallas' black mail in particular. And Mourinho isn't having problems with his new stars, his new stars are having problems with their game, big difference. Fact is Chelsea's key players are Cech, Terry, Essien, Makelele, Lampard, Robben and Drogba - all adore Jose, Terry even made a plee this week for Mourinho to never leave. Where as Frank's key players Ronaldinho, Messi, Puyol, Eto'o and Deco all dislike him and have very public spats with him

So its ok for Mourinho to act againts players like Gallas and Mutu for being greedy but its not ok for Rijkaard to act againts players like Ronaldinho for turning up late for training and skipping training sessions?

Mourinho's new stars are having problem with game? If 1 of his news stars are not performing then you can blame it on the player but if 3-4 of the new stars are not performing its definetly down to poor management and the fact that he hasnt been able to come up with a good management style which would help the new players settle but he failed to do that. Lets not forget that other important players like Duff, Crespo, Gudjohnsen also left and might have stayed if they were promised more games which mourinho failed to do. Lets not forget that he also rushed Robben back from his injury last year and Robbens hasnt been the same player ever since that happened.

If Ronaldinho, Messi, Puyol, Eto'o and Deco and co have all had major problems with Rijkaard they would have left or done something major like not show up in training for weeks, etc but thats not the case. They all have long term contracts and still play week in and week out when they are fit.

Rinogers said:
The opposite is true, I don't think i've ever seen a nervous performance from Chelsea since Mourinho took over, infact I would say his best contribution has been to take all the lime light and pressure off his players with the outlandish way he handles the media. Barca on the other hand don't benefit from this and already this season we have seen them bottle it when it counts in the finals of the Super Cup, World Club Cup along with big league games like El Classico. I guess players don't find Rijkaards mummbles in press confrences that reassuring.

At least they got to the finals of the World Club...what did Mourinho achieve? Oh right he got eliminated in the cl by Barca and didnt make it that far :D So i guess he clearly handle the media very well and thats why they lost to Barca and because of Rijkaards poor skills with the media barca went on to win the cl and the spanish league. Fantastic analysis. :D

Rinogers said:
Rijkaards own hand picked transfers are woeful. 2 has beens on 6 month loans and a LB who can't defend is a terrible record, especially when Chelsea have Mourinho to thank for Carvalho, Essien and Drogba.

I just read a post that Drogba was signed before Mourinho got here (not sure if its true) so that will leave him with 2 good signings out of the millions of flops he signed from Feraira to Kezmen. Preety impressive by your standards. How much did Albertini, Davids and Van Bronkust cost? Oh right 2 of them were loan deals just brought in to give the squad enough cover to replace some injured players. Another fantastic analysis.

Rinogers said:
And Rijkaard being a better player than Mourinho doesn't prove anything. Infact I think it was Mourinho himself who said "He might have been a better player than me, but i'm the better manager".

Well he said that in 2004. A year later Rijkaard won the double and prooved he is a better player and manager :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben was the work of Kenyon to hijack a move to Man Utd... Drogba was Ranieri's last gift to Chelsea before he was sacked... thus both were already in the midst of negotiation to join Chelsea before Mourinho came along... their deals were concluded after he arrived... so technically speakin'... neither were Mourinho's signings... but along with Cech... they started their Chelsea career with Mourinho...

Mourinho's first signings were Ferreira... Kezman... Tiago... Carvalho... Jarosik... Del Horno... Wright-Phillips... Essien... Maniche...

the rest that came later were Ballack... Shevchenko... Kalou... Obi Mikel... Boulahrouz... Hilario... Cole... Hedman...

players that left... Kezman (miserable record for Chelsea despite his excellent record for PSV)... Tiago (now a vital player for Lyon)... Jarosik (gone just after 18 months)... Del Horno (gone after just a season)... Maniche (signed on loan as cover... gone on to better things with Atletico Madrid)...

those that remained... Ferreira (strugglin' for a spot in RB... playin' lately only because there is no other alternative in CB)... Carvalho (one of his better buys... but concedes too many stupid fouls)... Wright-Phillips (cost them 21 million pounds... never established himself in the team)... Essien (poor first season... now a key player for them)... Ballack (starter... but not showin' his B.Munich form)... Shevchenko (record signing... not even on the bench in the last few games)... Kalou (a starter ahead of Shevchenko now... yet to impress)... Obi Mikel (stolen from Man Utd for 12 million pounds... but yet to impress & has gotten into Mourinho's bad book for poor attitude)... Boulahrouz (8.5 million pounds signin'... after some stupid blunders was dropped)... Cole (decent so far... but we all know Arsenal got the better deal with Gallas... quite unnecessary signing since Bridge was easily their best player before his arrival)... Hedman (nothin' other than just cover)... Hilario (decent... would lose his place if either Cudicini or Cech is back)...

Rinogers

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Amoruso, Boyd
menon_inc said:
I just read a post that Drogba was signed before Mourinho got here (not sure if its true) so that will leave him with 2 good signings out of the millions of flops he signed from Feraira to Kezmen. Preety impressive by your standards. How much did Albertini, Davids and Van Bronkust cost? Oh right 2 of them were loan deals just brought in to give the squad enough cover to replace some injured players. Another fantastic analysis.
So your saying Rijkaard is a better manager i.e. a better professional because unlike Mourinho he is highly unproffesional when it comes to dealing with important players that want to play for the club and offering retirement bonuses to his old palls Demetrio and Edger?

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Rinogers said:
So your saying Rijkaard is a better manager i.e. a better professional because unlike Mourinho he is highly unproffesional when it comes to dealing with important players that want to play for the club and offering retirement bonuses to his old palls Demetrio and Edger?

What a load of bs. Mourinho is highly professional? He was labelled a disgraced by Uefa after an incident with the ref 2 years ago in the champs league match which resulted in 1 of the refs having to retire. On top of that he has lost many of his star players like Gallas, Duff, Gudjohnsen, etc and he spends close to 100 million on players and up with 1 or 2 good signing among a bunch of flops. Rijkaards signed Albertini as a short term replacment to cover for some of the injuries that hit his players and it was a loan deal and free. It was preety much a back up deal as he already had players good enough to fill that role from his junior squad and besides Demetrio had a lot of experience and could have helped influence the players with his experience. As for the Davids deal, its either you are blind or you are dreaming because Davids had an excellent season in Barca and it was his loan signing in January that year that help transform the barca squad into the unit. The only reason he didnt stay on was because he demanded to much money. I guess for you being a professional means you need to spend 100-200 million in the transfer window and end up with 10-20 flops and 1 good player among that lot. I guess it also means talking a lot in the press and being arrogant without winning the cl and i guess it also means not being able to motivate any of his new signings like Sheva, Ballack, Kalau and demanding that the board sign more players or he will leave. :o

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
KAKA' 22 said:

Once again you are wrong my friend. Spanish league was probably the best league in europe last year with Barca winning the cl and Sevilla winning the uefa cup and on both occasions beating an English team in the finals. Man utd who finished 2nd last year had major injury problems with players like Scholes, Keana, Heinze out with long term injuries and players like alan smith and o shea playing in the middle. Chelsky in the majoriy of the season had a 10-15 point lead over the other teams. The only reason it might have looked closer in the end is because they rested their key players after they secured their league title. Hell even Villareal, a team that could only finish 6th of 8th in the league reached the semifinals and i remember Arsenal didnt even have a single shot on target in the match in Spain but won it by a goal and a penalty save made by Lehman.

Last edited:

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sky Sports

Jose Mourinho has every intention of seeing out the remainder of his contract, providing the club are willing to offer him their full backing.

While the past two seasons have seen Chelsea dominant over the rest of the Premiership, in collecting a pair of titles, this term they trail Manchester United amidst frequent reports of unrest.

Mourinho and Roman Abramovich are said to share less than cordial relations of late, with the latter believed to be at odds with his manager with regards Andrei Shevchenko and the club's transfer policy.

Reports of Mourinho's possible departure in the summer have occupied plenty of column inches in the past few weeks but on Thursday, chief executive Peter Kenyon came out to issue a denial of any discord, instead insisting that the club continue to back their manager unequivocally.

On hearing news of Kenyon's public backing, Mourinho was eager to also pledge his commitment to Chelsea - providing his chief executive's words rang true.

"That's good, I like to hear that," Mourinho told Sky Sports News.

"It is important for a manager to know and to feel that a club wants him, likes him and supports him.

"To be supportive is not just to give you money to go out and buy players. Support is much more than that. I would say the money is the last part of the support you need.

"If the club is supportive of me, it is supportive of my team. It is very important.

"I don't change my mind in relation to the love I have for Chelsea, the love I have for the Premiership and the love I have for a footballing country, because I do love it.

"The family is happy here. The kids are in a moment of their lives where change year after year, I don't think is good for them.

"Everything is good for me and the support Peter Kenyon was saying to you that the club has for me, if that support is real support - again not about money - but is about real support and complete respect for your job in the club then I will be very happy to see out my contract until the end."

thoughts....

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
sheva007 said:
yes but did rijkaard have a russian paying for his transfers?? i think not and barca was in the development stage back then n doing fair shit in and over time he has proved to know wot he is doing with his purchases coz unlike chelsea who just wana sign superstars baraca look at what a player can bring and how he would suit their system. id loke Rijkaard to be in milan :D
WTF russian???? Barca and especially Real spending millions of doallars every year and world keep quiet, no one wants to deal with the "giants". But when Chelsea buying every papery screams AWOL. Get your facts right.

BTW Barca were going nowhere w/o Eto'o. Ronnie can't make a difference by himself, he needs players around him. (Sheva case).

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
newyorker said:
WTF russian???? Barca and especially Real spending millions of doallars every year and world keep quiet, no one wants to deal with the "giants". But when Chelsea buying every papery screams AWOL. Get your facts right.

BTW Barca were going nowhere w/o Eto'o. Ronnie can't make a difference by himself, he needs players around him. (Sheva case).

lmfao. i dont c barac spending as much as chelsea do u mate. lets c how much $$ they waste on pointless trasnfers:

Chelsea:
Ricardo Carvalho Porto £19.85m
Paulo Ferreira Porto £13.2m
Arjen Robben PSV £9m
Mateja Kezman PSV £5m
Didier Drogba Marseille £24m
Asier Del Horno Bilbao £8m
Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City £21m
Michael Essien Lyon £24.4m
John Obi Mikel Lyn Oslo £16m
Andriy Shevchenko Milan £31.2m
Khalid Boulahrouz SV Hamburg £ 7mil
Tiago Benfica £ 8mil

TOTAL OF: 195.65Mil with mourinho incharge
if u take drogba and robben and cech out as it was not mourinhos buy he just basicaly confirmed it then mourinho has spent 173.5. ill take away thos bought this season as it 2 early to judge so that makes it 108.3mil

now let c how many of the transfers have been worthywhile.
Worthy:
Ricardo Carvalho
Essien (took his time to settle)
Paulo Ferreira (inbetween is decent player)

the only player who play reguraly at chelsea and are still there that are good.
works out to be 57.45 spent wisely. wot happend to the other 45mil???

shocking transfers:
kezman, del horn, shaun wright philips, tiago= 45.4 mil wasted.

now lets look at barca with rijkaard:
Rustu Fenerbahce Free
Rafael Marquez Monaco Signed
Ronaldinho Paris St-G. £ 21250000
Ricardo Quaresma Sporting Lisbon
Juliano Belletti Villarreal
Ludovic Giuly Monaco
Henrik Larsson Celtic Free
Deco Porto €15M fee
Sylvinho Celta Vigo
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst Arsenal Signed
Samuel Eto'o Mallorca £ 18140000
Demetrio Albertini Atalanta Free
Mark Van Bommel PSV Eindhoven

i couldnt find all the ammounts for barca but as u can c they are way more effective with their spending then mourinho is.
positives: ronaldinoho, guily, deco, etoo, larsoon did well, van bronckhorts, marquez.

davids wen he came on laon also did well.

can some1 find the prices for the other please then i can calculate the prices and im sure that barca didnt spend us much as chelsea and overpay their players.

now tell me why the press yell each time chelsea spend coz they waste ther money. barca pay good money for good players like this season with thurham and zambrotta and gudjunhos. althuoh chelsea did buy well with sheva ballack mikel they need time to settle and there manager doesnt seem to be able to help much whilst rijard imo knows how to play playesr n he buy players he needs no just big names like real madrid who have always been known for the big buys whilst chelsea doesnt seem to give a shit who they buy aslong as they seem to have talent and dont realy care bout the positions and ballack n lampard cant play in the same team duh

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cech was Ranieri's buy... not Mourinho...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sheva007 said:
if u take drogba and robben and cech out as it was not mourinhos buy
Drogba not Mourinho's buy ? Says who ? The bullshitters ?

Mourinho had been following Drogba's career since 2002 when he tried to lure him from Guingamp to Porto which didn't work out + he definitely was the driving force behind Chelsea's bid(s) for Drogba.

Last edited:

Schedule