The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Of course Diaz offers more then Krunic. Everyone does. The guy is useless. But that doesn't mean Diaz has warranted a transfer yet. Madrid will want a pretty penny for him. He hasn't shown he's worth it. He's talented. That's not the question. But not every talent makes it big, and then nit every talent makes it everywhere. We'll see. There is still time for him.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
De ligt was playing for Ajax who made the semi finals of CL and only lost to the eventual winners.

Huge difference between them and AZ

Context is always lost on VS
When he has a narrative to push nothing else matters

Gotta love Uncle VS:proud:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Vlasic is and will be 2-3X the player Diaz will be. And will not cost more then Diaz. Or not much more. Im not concerned about Diaz leaving at all. He can stay on loan thats ok.

Mikan has bigger issues. How tonpay Tomori, vice Theo, DM, RW, Belotti or someone...

And to decide is Leao the guy or not.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Otavio is one of Porto's best players if you read into what their fans say on reddit etc. so I don't see what this baby is crying about. This is a very good pick up.

I'd like Diaz but reliable source claimed Madrid want him back. Have you seen who they been playing this season? Im not surprised. We cant buy him. Otavio isn't as young but probably better atm

And Vulture was quite bitter about Tomori at first cause we didn't get Simakan...

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Di Marzio: Maldini is already in contacts with Chelsea in order to reach a definitive purchase agreement over Tomori.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Otavio is one of Porto's best players if you read into what their fans say on reddit etc. so I don't see what this baby is crying about. This is a very good pick up.

I'd like Diaz but reliable source claimed Madrid want him back. Have you seen who they been playing this season? Im not surprised. We cant buy him. Otavio isn't as young but probably better atm

And Vulture was quite bitter about Tomori at first cause we didn't get Simakan...

Yeah I was going to say - If Madrid was still flying high then we could get him cheap but because they are struggling they will want to give him another look (especially as there isn't some new Brazilian for them to Snatch up at the moment)

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
De ligt was playing for Ajax who made the semi finals of CL and only lost to the eventual winners.

Huge difference between them and AZ

So Spurs went on to win the CL that year? I could?ve sworn it went down differently...

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Di Marzio: Maldini is already in contacts with Chelsea in order to reach a definitive purchase agreement over Tomori.

Sounds about as likely as Hakan signing a pre-contract agreement with trad brick...

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Random thoughts on the Win & More

The Win (Vs Roma):
I'm as happy as everyone here. Finally a bounce in the performance. since the turn of the year, it was obvious that fatigue (psycho and Physical) had set in. and the way we lost some of the games (even some of the wins) was worrying.
injuries played a big part by creating exhaustion.
don't get me wrong, the players are still fatigued but a boost could have galvanized them to surpass themselves to deliver again...hopefully it will last till the end.
injuries...seems like we'll just have to do with it till the end of the season...then re-evaluate if things need to be changed in training and with the Physios.

Tomori (now connected to Romagnoli):
Finally, we got to see Kjaer-Tomori...which i think was always Maldini's plan for the next couple of seasons...a young CB of this style, to integrate this year and confirm next to Kjaer the next few good seasons Kjaer can give at this level.
and it went well...i hope Kjaer is finally over his injury for this partnership to flourish.

Tomori could improve on his Positioning. Even though he is being lauded for it, i feel it's the one area that's a bit scary...
he will make his mistakes and that's normal.

as for Romagnoli, long serving, professional, Captain. I maintain my opinion that Maldini wants to move on from him after this season, but it will be done in the most respectful way possible.

it has to be delt with delicately, for "respect", for his expiring contract and also for necessity because he is still greatly needed given the squad and schedule.

so instead of being "dropped", i'd say it's now a 3 man rotation for 2 positions based on condition and performance...but let's be clear, after this week, he has now lost his "untouchability" due to his own performance.

the situation in general:
as said in the first point, the fatigue is still there, the injuries as well. we need another good performance and result wednesday vs Udinese to (maybe) confirm the have caught a second breath and hope that breath will carry on till the rest of the season.
we knew we would get back to winning soon or later but the worry was, would it be too late by the time we wake back up (ie Inter 10pts ahead) ... it's happened now, luckily.
the race is back on! (well, after convincingly beating udinese and hoping Parma does what they have done to inter in the recent past)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Random thoughts on the Win & More

The Win (Vs Roma):
I'm as happy as everyone here. Finally a bounce in the performance. since the turn of the year, it was obvious that fatigue (psycho and Physical) had set in. and the way we lost some of the games (even some of the wins) was worrying.
injuries played a big part by creating exhaustion.
don't get me wrong, the players are still fatigued but a boost could have galvanized them to surpass themselves to deliver again...hopefully it will last till the end.
injuries...seems like we'll just have to do with it till the end of the season...then re-evaluate if things need to be changed in training and with the Physios.

Tomori (now connected to Romagnoli):
Finally, we got to see Kjaer-Tomori...which i think was always Maldini's plan for the next couple of seasons...a young CB of this style, to integrate this year and confirm next to Kjaer the next few good seasons Kjaer can give at this level.
and it went well...i hope Kjaer is finally over his injury for this partnership to flourish.

Tomori could improve on his Positioning. Even though he is being lauded for it, i feel it's the one area that's a bit scary...
he will make his mistakes and that's normal.

as for Romagnoli, long serving, professional, Captain. I maintain my opinion that Maldini wants to move on from him after this season, but it will be done in the most respectful way possible.

it has to be delt with delicately, for "respect", for his expiring contract and also for necessity because he is still greatly needed given the squad and schedule.

so instead of being "dropped", i'd say it's now a 3 man rotation for 2 positions based on condition and performance...but let's be clear, after this week, he has now lost his "untouchability" due to his own performance.

the situation in general:
as said in the first point, the fatigue is still there, the injuries as well. we need another good performance and result wednesday vs Udinese to (maybe) confirm the have caught a second breath and hope that breath will carry on till the rest of the season.
we knew we would get back to winning soon or later but the worry was, would it be too late by the time we wake back up (ie Inter 10pts ahead) ... it's happened now, luckily.
the race is back on! (well, after convincingly beating udinese and hoping Parma does what they have done to inter in the recent past)

:star:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Messi will stand the test of time... we'll let him mature bc there are other evergreen names like Maradona, Pele, Cruyff... world is a big place and fame doesnt reach every nook and cranny... its abt remembering the legacy generation after generation.

Pele's has, Cruyff, Maradona's will, Ali

General point: This whole topic, keep it to Ibra and the American... no need to drag Football into this especially not against a sport thats basically Volleyball with extra steps.

Not in Argentina :lol:

messi-statue.jpg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2747507-lionel-messi-statue-in-buenos-aires-has-its-legs-cut-off

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I cant believe Ocampos with sevilla is the same ocampos that played for us

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
People here shitting on Ibra :fp: you forget about last season? You forgot when he scored a doble v inter roma napoli a few months back. Damn some of you are not using your brain..you want a 40yrs old to perform every single game without a period of a few bad games. I bet if he will score again a double v juve everyone will want him here next season as starter again:fp:

:thumbsup: Pioli is the one who will miss our coach the most.

Ibra :proud:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Don’t know how many times I’ve watched these blocks from the “To” brothers.
The fucking determination!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we sell Romagnoli a year from the end of his contract then we probably won't get much more than what we paid Roma. Their sell on clause won't be activated, most likely. I think the idea is to at least sell him so that we could use his money to pay for Tomori.

Raiola getting a nice signing bonus from moving Romagnoli on, hopefully to the premier league, might make him less inclined to force the issue on Donnarumma. Might be wishful thinking but lets hope this is something that Maldini has agreed to with him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think for Gigio, Maldini is just waiting to confirm a CL spot before doing anything. That's the only real explanation for the delay. I'm losing faith that Hakan will sign, which would be unfortunate, but Gigio walking would be a disaster.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Romagnoli is aiming for a new contract at ?6 million a season, his current deal ends 2022, but we are looking for an eventual offer from another club for his sale.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Romagnoli is aiming for a new contract at ?6 million a season, his current deal ends 2022, but we are looking for an eventual offer from another club for his sale.

I reacted to these news with disgust.

Fucking Hakan too. They barely have a top season under their belt and they're asking to be paid as a top player.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wage issues with Thauvin

It has been a common knowledge now, that Florian Thauvin, whose contract with Olympique de Marseille is expiring by the end of the season, is among the priorities for AC Milan ahead of the summer transfer window, as the Rossoneri are looking to strengthen their right wing.

Even though, and according to the latest informations provided by Estadio Deportivo, there is a significant financial gap between the parties at the moment, as the Frenchman is asking for 4 millions euros per season, with the Serie A side only offering 3M.

Not easy to create a top team while breaking even.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
If we sell Romagnoli a year from the end of his contract then we probably won't get much more than what we paid Roma. Their sell on clause won't be activated, most likely. I think the idea is to at least sell him so that we could use his money to pay for Tomori.

Raiola getting a nice signing bonus from moving Romagnoli on, hopefully to the premier league, might make him less inclined to force the issue on Donnarumma. Might be wishful thinking but lets hope this is something that Maldini has agreed to with him.

Only 2 options I see:

-Moving him, just as is in the summer for 15-20m.
-try to find a agreement to renew to sell with a 30-40m clause.

... but his agent is Raiola ... he can sit him for a year to move him for free to have bigger commissions and bigger salary for him as well.

That?s why this current situation has to be dealt with with tact and diplomacy, which Maldini has.

Tbh, I?d rather get 15-20m thanks try to renew with no guarantee someone will come for him...
Yes, the name still resonated up until now... but his stock has plummeted recently + add to that the horror shows of late, I?m no longer sure someone will spend 30-50m on him.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I reacted to these news with disgust.

Fucking Hakan too. They barely have a top season under their belt and they're asking to be paid as a top player.

I?m somehow, very relaxed about Hakan and Gigio renewals.
Hakan is not going to get much more elsewhere. I doubt he?ll sacrifice his ?status? to jump into the unknown for marginal increase.

I think Gigio will and wants to stay. And my assumption is, he has made it clear to his agent and his agent told him ok, let me do my job... and he?ll try to drag it as long as possible to get the most he can with the menace of time...and that?s his job.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I?m somehow, very relaxed about Hakan and Gigio renewals.
Hakan is not going to get much more elsewhere. I doubt he?ll sacrifice his ?status? to jump into the unknown for marginal increase.

I think Gigio will and wants to stay. And my assumption is, he has made it clear to his agent and his agent told him ok, let me do my job... and he?ll try to drag it as long as possible to get the most he can with the menace of time...and that?s his job.

I'm calm about Gigio too. I think the plan is to eek Romagnoli out slowly and offer Gigio the armband for next season. Basically as you said.

You're right about Hakan too. I don't know what we're offering him but he has not merited anything above 4m. We haven't even qualified with CL with these self-described top players.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think for Gigio, Maldini is just waiting to confirm a CL spot before doing anything. That's the only real explanation for the delay. I'm losing faith that Hakan will sign, which would be unfortunate, but Gigio walking would be a disaster.

I get totally different vibes.

Think with CL secured it will be a formality for hakan. Snek is snek...you never know.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

byeee

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I'm calm about Gigio too. I think the plan is to eek Romagnoli out slowly and offer Gigio the armband for next season. Basically as you said.

You're right about Hakan too. I don't know what we're offering him but he has not merited anything above 4m. We haven't even qualified with CL with these self-described top players.

Strangely, thenebra said what I wanted to say by answering another post.
I think Hakan is holding for confirmation that we?re in CL.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Hakan is holding for confirmation that we?re in CL.

I think it's a chickenshit attitude, but also understandable. He is at an age where he probably feels he has to play CL football.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only 2 options I see:

-Moving him, just as is in the summer for 15-20m.
-try to find a agreement to renew to sell with a 30-40m clause.

... but his agent is Raiola ... he can sit him for a year to move him for free to have bigger commissions and bigger salary for him as well.

That?s why this current situation has to be dealt with with tact and diplomacy, which Maldini has.

Tbh, I?d rather get 15-20m thanks try to renew with no guarantee someone will come for him...
Yes, the name still resonated up until now... but his stock has plummeted recently + add to that the horror shows of late, I?m no longer sure someone will spend 30-50m on him.

I'll definitely be ok with selling him for 20m. A lot of the profit will go to Roma if we sell him for more than 25m, 40% I think, so at some point it starts to stop being worth it to try and raise his value, especially if it means paying him anywhere close to what he's asking. We already have a better captain in Donnarumma. We already have a better defender in Tomori. I think pieces are already falling in place for him to move on in the summer, and for all we know this was the plan all along and is the reason he changed his agent to Raiola.

We got a hell of a lot loser to securing CL qualification with the win at Roma. We're at around 8 or 9 points clear now, with 42 points left to play for. If we keep that distance and we're at around the 30th game of the season I think it will be very safe to assume we're making it to the CL and at that point I think Gigio will sign, and hopefully Hakan also.

So much of our plans for next season depend on securing CL qualification. Maldini and Elliott are very risk averse and will not take any decisions ahead of time that can be delayed to reduce risk. Signing Gigio or Hakan on high long term contracts and then we collapse and miss out on the CL, that might be a disaster, since we can't then afford to reinforce the team. It makes sense to set everything up with them and only sign once qualification is secured. I hope that's the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule