Who's going to win Euro 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm sure there's really problems with racism in Poland and Ukraine, and football is just the tip of the iceberg.
But I don't like the BBC documentary. It's sensationalist, biased and looks very politically motivated just like most of the suddenly English media cry that FIFA/UEFA allows racism. It's just one more argument on their political agenda.

+1 Exactly. The Panorama documentary was completely one-sided and agenda-driven.

Now look for similar ones before Qatar and Russia as well, considering how upset the English media was at not being given the bids.

Unless Qatari/Russian interests control the English media by then. Which could certainly happen.

ShevaDaniel

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA, MARCO VAN BASTEN
girlsgroupa.jpg

girlsgroupb.jpg

girlsgroupc.jpg

girlsgroupd.jpg

who would qualify for the 1/4?take your pick
for me from group A: 1.Russia 2.Poland
Group B.1.Portugal 2.Holland
Group C. 1.Croatia 2.Ireland
Group D 1,Ukraine 2.Sweden. England lose big...3-0 against everyone in the group.:fp:
So,the quater finals would be the following.
poland vs portugal
croatia vs sweden
russia vs holland
ukraine vs ireland:D

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Quarter-final picture complete

Holders Spain are among six former European champions still in the frame at UEFA EURO 2012 as the focus turns to the quarter-finals, starting with Czech Republic-Portugal on Thursday.

After 12 days and 24 matches, we are down to the nitty-gritty of the knockout stage at UEFA EURO 2012, and for the remaining eight teams, the prospect of lifting the Henri Delaunay Cup on 1 July has edged that little bit closer.

Defending champions Spain are among six former winners still in the frame along with Italy, Germany, France, Greece and the Czech Republic, who won the 1976 tournament as part of the former Czechoslovakia. Portugal, the 2004 runners-up, and England are also still alive in a competition that will resume on Thursday when the Portuguese kick off the quarter-finals against the Czech Republic in Warsaw.

Poland's National Stadium Warsaw will host two teams who bounced back impressively from opening losses to win their remaining group fixtures. The Czechs, who topped Group A, will start as underdogs against a Portugal team playing their fifth consecutive quarter-final; however, that was also the case when these nations met 16 years ago and the central Europeans prevailed through a famous Karel Poborský lob at EURO '96.

Gdansk stages Friday's second quarter-final between Germany and Greece when Joachim Löw's Mannschaft will took to continue their so far flawless progress at this EURO. Germany are the only team with a 100% winning record in Poland and Ukraine – indeed they have won every game since qualifying began – but Greece know a thing or two about springing a surprise. Few expected them to earn the victory over Russia that got them into the last eight – a 1-0 success that rekindled memories of the last time they got this far, and duly went all the way in 2004.

When Spain and France last met in a major tournament, Les Bleus came from behind to eliminate the Spaniards in the last 16 of the 2006 FIFA World Cup. That was the last time La Roja suffered a knockout blow on the big stage and the Spain that France will meet in Donetsk on Saturday are a different proposition following their world and European conquests. France advanced as Group D runners-up despite defeat against Sweden, but the manner of Spain's own nervy qualification against Croatia may give Laurent Blanc's side a glimmer of hope.

The last quarter-final in Kyiv on Sunday pits Group D winners England against Italy. England have never reached a EURO semi-final on foreign soil, but after starting amid untypically low expectations they now find themselves just one step away from doing just that following successive victories against Sweden and Ukraine. That said, Italy came through a tough Group C unbeaten and are masters of timing their runs in major competitions, so a close contest appears on the cards.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Quarter-finals
Thursday 21 June 2012
#25: CZE v POR, 20.45CET, Warsaw

Friday 22 June 2012
#26: GER v GRE, 20.45CET, Gdansk

Saturday 23 June 2012
#27: ESP v FRA, 20.45CET, Donetsk

Sunday 24 June 2012
#28: ENG v ITA, 20.45CET, Kyiv

Semi-finals
Wednesday 27 June 2012
#29: CZE/POR v ESP/FRA, 20.45CET, Donetsk

Thursday 28 June 2012
#30: GER/GRE v ENG/ITA, 20.45CET, Warsaw
Final
Sunday 1 July 2012
#31: W#29 v W#30, 20.45CET, Kyiv
Related Items

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
favorite goal so far?

i'd go with Di Natale's one. sexy dribble + perfect pass from Pirlo and a simply sublime finish from Toto.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Laurent Blanc admits that the French are fighting again

146562321.jpg

France's infighting at the 2010 World Cup led to a legendary meltdown that saw Nicolas Anelka get sent home mid-tournament for giving then manager Raymond Domenech a bit of lip and the entire squad later boycotting a training session. And now after their first loss at Euro 2012, cracks are beginning to show once again.

Following France's 2-0 loss to Sweden in their final group stage match, resigning them to second place in Group D and an unwanted date with Spain in the quarterfinals, the vibe within the French squad turned nasty.

The Guardian said:
"Yes, it got a bit heated, but then everyone had a cold shower," [manager Laurent] Blanc said. "It shows that there was a bit of electricity. I hope there will be against Spain, because we'll need it."

[Florent] Malouda chose not to speak to the media after the defeat as he was afraid of what he might say. He is France's most experienced player and was part of the World Cup squad that shocked a nation by going on strike at training two years ago after Nicolas Anelka was sent home.

"What I saw awoke some demons in me and I didn't want to express myself," he said. "Because in the heat of the moment there was the risk of launching rockets and missiles. There are some things to sort out and sometimes you can really hurt someone with a comment that you make." [...]
Of the dressing room disagreement he said: "Sometimes you need to aim a few bursts of gunfire at each other .

"We said quite a few things to each other in the changing room, which is a good thing as it's proof that we have temperament and character.

"Balance is fragile and when you start thinking you're at the Euro to shine individually then the wheels can start to come off. You pay very dearly for every error at a Euro. There's personal objectives and then there are collective objectives."

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
france caould learn something from russel crowe

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Qualifiers for 2016 are gonna be so boring, will miss 16 team event. :(

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Just some totally random scribbles on this *ending* footballing week.

* Pride DOES come before a crash!! CRon, learn from a certain Italian..from insulting :star:Messi after the Danish supporters screamed that name everytime he had the ball in that match, to bluntly admitting he was scoring those goals (and hitting the woodwork twice as much) for Bento's boys just to further caress his STUPID ego with the FIFA Ballon d'Or...Portugal's captain, as usual, was all about himself.

Only reason why he waited to take the kick that was supposedly going to lead his team to try out at the final again 8 years after bowing to an INSPIRED Greek phalanx..but Papa Providence sure made it worth his while..ha. Ha. Ha.

Funnily enough, it was a Cule who had the deciding kick. :proud: Eat that Ronald Reagan :D..what's your take on your FBDO chances now, eh? Just a La Liga triumph? Say what?!! :lol:

He probably has more axes to grind with teammate Ramos now..that Panenka likely unsettled Bruno Alves, didn't it?

* Talking Italy now, and two names, of course, make the cut. Two names with ties to il Diavolo..not the literal one :devil:, the one we all love and support..even when its increasingly strange/senile Life President seems to have run it to the red. No money. Or is it his *many* personal euro-eating litigations that have directly affected the holding Fininvest, which have in turn directly affected his half-black hearted baby? Only Pier Silvio knows. :) Anyways...

One is a merc and a traitor (arguable) :D while one has always wanted to make more ********** and CDS editors extremely wealthy..back at home. Write the controversial puns, do the controversial pictures, whether it's about making the Germans 'neri' or conquering the Emerald Isle as King Kong..he wants to allow them do those while doning our stripes. Which will happen sooner or later, Whoratti's secret Man City clause or not. So...

The 'traitor' aka Queerlo, is humbly on track to rub shoulders with the usual names at the FBDO gala, and only if CRon ate a bit of the same pie... I'm no longer a fan of the 'Equine Fairy', since he did us in (still debatable), but dragging the whining Jube by the bootstraps all the way to an unexpected win, of course without a loss in 38 (more debate..what difference would a ligament-tearing Ghanian ghost goal have made to that record? Gigi KNOWS :mad: ), and an unsung Ceasar's :) side all the way to a final since the year of the ignorantly-feared Millennium Bug (and Totti's cucchiaio, of course)..is already deserving of the coveted honour.

I personally have my eyes set on the Red Fury retaining the title, but if Gli Azzurri shock the football-viewing world yet again, then it's as good as his.

And they can *finally* boast another since Zizou.

[second part coming up...]

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
[part two]

The one who unwittingly enriches many sports (and general) tabloid editors and owners/directors, in Italia and elsewhere, the UK milking his daily, nay nightly, antics for all its worth, should win the Golden Boot if he can only put one past Iker in regular time plus the extra (I believe we'll see at least roughly 120 minutes), something he just couldn't do their first time out in Group C. The showy superagent Raiola believed in a treble and got a brace, while the Ceasar rightly entrusted an important part of his empire to what would have been an alien either gaining Roman citizenship via an act of valour or an expensive buy. Yep, they did buy citizen status back in the time.

Here's one for the road..the two assists came from current Milan players..written in the stars? :proud:

Silvia can be proud of her iPad-at-the-touchline wielding adopted son, who's nothing short of 'crazy talented', in the words of Ivan the Terrible aka Ringhio. I get this feeling CRon will never forget that night's lecture in man-marking at the San Siro where we won 3-0. Lock shop and toss the keys into the Loch Ness, please. :)

* Great Britain now, and I was really pleased to know the classical villain of Chelsea lore, Villas-Boas, will have a chance to prove a couple somethings, since he'll soon be Spurs' new manager, after a pathetic, seemingly-frustrated Harry put all his brittle eggs in one job opening and got them ALL cracked. :thumbsdown: With names such as Blanc thrown around the mix, it would be interesting to see how he handles the task of steering a Big Five club back to the UCL, hoping his potential first signing (not exactly his by the way), Vertonghen, doesn't pull a blank in his first EPL season. With a refreshingly-loyal Gareth extending for a couple more seasons, there's still something to laugh about at the White Fart Lane. :o:0 What, are you some sort of Chelsea fan now, Corz?

An emphatic no. Though I kind'f was when Carlo was there.

And I don't like Di Matteo, just for the books. :)

The Olympics is by the bend, and while some EURO '12 players will surely be on the bender (Nasri) and others on the holiday-granting mend (Zlatan), several U-23 teams will be sparring to wrest the title from a Di Maria-inspired Argentina, who ironically beat my country's brave boys in Beijing..just when we thought we could pull a Kanu. :) Atlanta '96, those were the days. Anyway...

Pearce must've pierced many hearts, and perhaps, pockets, by bravely/stupidly choosing to omit England's finest, from his final squad. And he's got everyone talking, talking, and the birds tweeting.

A famous bird tweeting, as a matter of fact. Surely. Bird goes by the name Victoria...

We all knew what GB would've brought to Team GB. Maybe not the on-pitch football, but at the very least, keeping a team of lads even-headed. Being much of the sheperd Stuart probably isn't. And making more Asian (typically Japanese) chicks tune in just to catch a glimpse of his legs at the dug-out, or those *shorts*. Apparently those HOT Japchicks like it bent. :tongue:

Not to say the Olympics will be without its major ambassador, who famously kicked the ball that declared 2012 open during the mini-ceremony shortly after the Beijing Olympics' closing show. That would be like changing an iconic 'Big Ben' to 'Elizabeth Tower'. :thumbsdown:

"Well, that sucks!", in the words of :star:Randy Marsh.

And all that because some MP desperately felt the need to suck up. :boo:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^Fun read, but the Balotelli caricature in the paper as King Kong, was featured at the Big Ben (Elizabeth Tower, now)... Not after the Ireland victory, and hence nothing to do with the Emerald Island :D

Mmmmm, ok..thanks for enjoying that. :thumbsup:

Was bored, thought I'd just do somin different. :)

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Ben Arfa, Nasri, M'Vila & Menez face disciplinary proceedings

my personal opinion is that they should be banned for 1 year or more. enough is enough with all these drama queens and primadonnas. need to get some discipline into this squad.

and all of the players above can be replaced with a mix from existing fringe players (play VALBUENA!) and from the new, talented generation that's coming up.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Worst racist tournament Ever ... Shame Ukraine and poland :fp:

Schedule