Cagliari Vs Milan

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
great result, just what we needed.

maldini and nesta looked great defending from set pieces...but maldini got caught out by cagliari players a number of times...its a little worrying. nesta on the other hand was an absolute rock.

pirlo looks like he's finally getting some form back...spectacular goal.

one question...who does brocchi think he is??? :tounge: did you see that flick he had in the second half?

Pippo 4 Ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
**Pippo Inzaghi!!** Kaka, Maldini, Thierry Henry, Andrea Pirlo, Gilardino, Roberto Baggio, Rui Costa
Maybe it's true that Milan hadn't play that great, but at least we won!! :D And we didn't concede any goals!! That's what we want, to get our defence back into form!! So overall, I feel happy about the result (Cagliari 0-1 Milan)!! :)

FORZA MILAN!! :devil2:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Does anyone have a video of pirlo's goal, it was animal!!!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten - Rijkaard - Gullit - Gattuso - Sheva - Maldini
Milan deserved to win because Cagliari was not capable to create an oppurtunity, Zola was invisible! Nesta was for me man of the match, he and Maldini ruled in defense... You can always count on Billy. Kaladze is not yet the old one... The defense did well this time, also with corners and freekicks they were more concentrated then previous games!
Pirlo was very good too. The attack dissapointed me. But yeah Sheva can't be akways top of the top. Most of all i was surprised by the game of Brocchi. When I saw the formation, and I saw his name I had my doubts. But he was one of the better players of AC Milan! We keep on running for the Scudetto and this week it is the week of the truth with Barca and Inter

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
i 100% agree.....when i saw Brocchi's name i had my doubts also, but he was great.....our third best :D behind Nesta and of course Pirlo for his goal.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't seen the match. There was a link posted in the thread whichh has the highlight of the match. But couldn't see much clearly since MP3 players don't play good on my computer.

Anyway, I was watching the US FOX SPORTS WORLDS news where Bobby McMann was commenting on all the SERIE A actions over the weekend. He was saying that CALIGARI got a penalty claim turned down. Moreover, he said that the claim for penalty was pretty much legitimate. Is this true?? Can anyone comment on this?? If this is so, I would be extremely sorry becuase this year already we have lost the right to talk smack about winning in JUVE style with the help of referees.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Gatorbasu said:
He was saying that CALIGARI got a penalty claim turned down. Moreover, he said that the claim for penalty was pretty much legitimate. Is this true?? Can anyone comment on this??

It was Billy who challenged Caligari player just outside the area from behind.It wasn't a penalty, even Billy himself was indicating to ref and linesman that the challenge was made just outside the area.Clearly it was not a penalty but a free kick just outsode the area (Zola would had loved that from that range) but surprisingly no free kick was given.Since Billy was last defending man it could had turn out to be a yellow or even a red (i have seen bookings on similar challenges over the years)

IMO, Milan were fortunate to get away with that or so to say home side was unfortunate for not getting a free kick from a promosing position.

Last edited:

logan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeah, milan were luck to get away from that!
in the box it should ve been a penalty.
Costacurta should ve got a yellow for that and it was a a free kick!

betn gr8 goal by Pirlo :D

Schedule