The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Several of these players are only at the very start of illustrious careers. We will live to see great things my friend.

God willing, we?ve waited so long.

I enjoy each day and every match with this squad and I?m grateful.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Thuram, Baresi..

Not to belittle the rest of your post which I find to be mostly correct, but all these defenders were actually exceptionally quick. Especially Nesta and Stam.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
EsW7hPNW8AAned4.jpg

EsW7iipWMAEJuf3.jpg

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
How is Gabbia's recovery going?

If it's not going as predicted then this 6 month loan would make sense.
Otherwise it doesn't.

6 month trial, 28m buyout clause for a kid who is new to Italy, when we have two clear starters and an additional 3 CBs who are at least backup quality.
It's strange.

You might not rate Romagnoli, but he's not going to lose his spot anytime soon.

i think that the frantic search for a CB we have been on even though numerically and even quality wise (Gabbia & Kalulu have shown to be reliable + Musacchio and Duarte) we were covered ... clearly means they're looking for a "very soon to be starter" to replace specifically Romagnoli...not a 3rd 4th 5th option...soooo many things that makes this obvious.

obviously it's not going to be this season ... but yea, Tomori is Auditioning for the role.
he'll have a few starts mainly with Kjaer to determine if besides his natural strengths, which Maldini (we) deem perfect for our game, his weakness (heading, tactical awareness) arent too bad to negate his strentghs or if he has what it takes to improve.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
And for years to come :)

Juve is in a Galliani like decline and Inter should implode.

quite similar but they still have revenue stream to chose to change direction ... with Galliani it was stupid decision on top of no money ... but i think they're oblivious to it ... so they'll keep going in that same direction...

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Defending is not just about speed. Actually it's not that important for central defense, sure it's awesome if you have it, but not that necessary. Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Thuram, Baresi.. none were that fast. Even relevant in today's age, for example Van Dijk is not that fast. Don't get swept up in the modern way of thinking that all that matters is speed. This is also a game of tactics and positioning. Gotta have the right blend to be a truly top CB. That being said, I think Kalulu is going to be a very composed CB as he continues to develop and I do have high hopes for Tomori. Let's watch and see
Bro am not naive thinking speed is enough.
But you cant teach speed or strength.
Positioning , awareness & anticipation etc can be learned & am sure Tomori have some of those & Maldini said he will enhance those tactical aspect of a CD.
Tomori destroyed Salah in one game & played with other wizards like Grealish & others.

I shall call him Tomo :proud:

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
also Fabrizio Romano reporting that Sevilla are pushing to sign Papu Gomez and Atalanta are keen to sell cause they're trying to ship him out of Italy

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
also Fabrizio Romano reporting that Sevilla are pushing to sign Papu Gomez and Atalanta are keen to sell cause they're trying to ship him out of Italy

best place for him... Sevilla is the Atalanta of Spain

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not just the Juve game. If anything the team has been pressing more intensively in the last months than we ever did with Ibra.

I think Milan2012 is confusing high press with possession in the final 3rd, or possession overall.
That will return when we have Ibra, Rebic, Hakan, Saele, Bennacer, Kessie & Theo from start, and Leao, Diaz, Samu, Mandzu, etc on the bench.

But it also needs to be said that games are now played at a higher tempo than in July.
There's no cooling breaks now. In July and early August we faced a few unmotivated midtable teams that had nothing to play for.

Nah i just mean high press. It was more disciplined last season. Opposition goalkeeper and fullbacks got no breathing room. There?s still pressure this season but last season we suffocated teams.
But it?s understandable with having games every 3 days.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Chelsea fans heated about us having an option on Tomori. No bad comments so far. Also scored a banger against wolves.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Nah i just mean high press. It was more disciplined last season. Opposition goalkeeper and fullbacks got no breathing room. There?s still pressure this season but last season we suffocated teams.

Pressure dropped everywhere in Europe top 5 leagues due to games every 3 days.

Eq5J-TDW4AAGEKv.jpg

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It?s pretty great that we can win multiple ways and with backups.

Grande Milan III is being constructed before our eyes.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chelsea fans heated about us having an option on Tomori. No bad comments so far. Also scored a banger against wolves.

Chelsea has 30+ players out on loans everywhere. Chelsea fans think each of them is a super talent. EPL fans are delusional, their opinion is irrelevant

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Chelsea has 30+ players out on loans everywhere. Chelsea fans think each of them is a super talent. EPL fans are delusional, their opinion is irrelevant

Chelsea lost many good young players, including Salah. They are not a well managed club.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Tomori is a very handsome man. 100% Milan face

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule