The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Boys, we just have to scrap out a win tomorrow and then our squad will finally be mostly healthy again. I?m amazed we went through a crisis like this and managed to stay top of the table. It?s time we rip off 10 straight wins in Serie A and close this thing out.

giphy.gif

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Romano on SempreMilan podcast:

What is going on with Calhanoglu’s renewal, what have the complications been and do you think a deal will be closed soon?

“The feeling around the club is that that he can stay at AC Milan, so at the moment there are still so optimistic but there is no agreement yet. Calhanoglu is really close just because they have been negotiating for weeks so it’s not done, but they are negotiating about his salary so they are getting closer. They had meetings with his agent Gordon Stipic so, at the moment, they are very optimistic regarding the situation of Calhanoglu.”

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We as fans are prisoned in this "we're working on it"-bullshit. We're top of the table, Romano is declaring our project perfect, but two of our pillars are keeping their mouths shut over 0,5/1M a year.

We're supposed to be hugging everyone around us these days, but this is pissing me off. Come out and override your agents guys.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the management can close Hakan for 4.5M that's a great deal IMO.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If the management can close Hakan for 4.5M that's a great deal IMO.

We have to be diligent in these matters. We have Kessie expiring in 2022, Theo and Bennacer vastly underpaid. Maldini is killing the transfer markets and I wouldn't mind seeing him kill this aspect of directorship during 2021 either.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hows elliot doing with this stock shit right now:lol:

Are you telling us the world is changing because of the stock market? Please enlighten us.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Without risking bankruptcy I would go for following model:

Donna 8-9m
Hakan 4,5m
Ale 4,5-5m
Kessie 4m

Pre-emptive long term contracts to key players:

Bennacer 3,5m
Theo 3,5m

We're already betting on future success, and I'm not suggest leniency towards players but if we really want them(and the club really wants these), I don't get the hesitancy. We should be pouncing the fucking pavement in these matters. Get shit done!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have a feeling Goodfella almost never responds to my posts because he almost never disagrees with anything I say.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Are you telling us the world is changing because of the stock market? Please enlighten us.

Well, I think he's referring to the fact that hedge funds have lost a combined $20 billion since the start of this month.
They were short selling GME, AMC and a few other stocks so a group of 3.5 mil users on reddit called WallStreetBets decided to buy those stocks to drive up their value and make hedge funds lose money. It's still on going. I jumped on the bandwagon with GME stock before cashing out Tuesday.

Sucks that Elliot lost money though. F*** all other hedge funds except Elliot for now :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Without risking bankruptcy I would go for following model:

Donna 8-9m
Hakan 4,5m
Ale 4,5-5m
Kessie 4m

Pre-emptive long term contracts to key players:

Bennacer 3,5m
Theo 3,5m

We're already betting on future success, and I'm not suggest leniency towards players but if we really want them(and the club really wants these), I don't get the hesitancy. We should be pouncing the fucking pavement in these matters. Get shit done!

I had forgotten Hakan and Donna were yet to sign new contracts. :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, I think he's referring to the fact that hedge funds have lost a combined $20 billion since the start of this month.
They were short selling GME, AMC and a few other stocks so a group of 3.5 mil users on reddit called WallStreetBets decided to buy those stocks to drive up their value and make hedge funds lose money. It's still on going. I jumped on the bandwagon with GME stock before cashing out Tuesday.

Sucks that Elliot lost money though. F*** all other hedge funds except Elliot for now :lol:

Do we have any definite numbers of Elliott losses during all this?

Call me weird but I have this awkward feeling Elliott is always ahead in these things.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling Goodfella almost never responds to my posts because he almost never disagrees with anything I say.

:lol:

The stuff you write in the commode is usually hard to disagree with because it's balanced or not extreme.
However I must say you're often very off on player performances in the match-thread, lol.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

The stuff you write in the commode is usually hard to disagree with because it's balanced or not extreme.
However I must say you're often very off on player performances in the match-thread, lol.

I will take this into consideration. I'm usually very far from rational in match threads, as I let Qaas know a while back. How do I not understand the game, in your estimation, based off of my player performance statements?

I anticipate being picked apart, which I welcome(VultureSheva).

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Hitchens, milan10 and ash are all the same person

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hitchens, milan10 and ash are all the same person

We're not. :lol: Both me and Ash have posted pictures of ourselves on this board and Milan10 is just an innocent, eloquent and smart italian-American from California.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I will take this into consideration. I'm usually very far from rational in match threads, as I let Qaas know a while back. How do I not understand the game, in your estimation, based off of my player performance statements?

I anticipate being picked apart, which I welcome(VultureSheva).

I'm not sure it's a general problem.
Just a few cases where you heaped praise on players that I thought had awful performances, or the opposite. I think one of them involved Romagnoli a few weeks back. Perhaps you missed a few sequences where he messed up, I don't know. I'll respond next time, lol.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Thats insane.
How much did you invest & how much did you make?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those shares are not really Elliott's lane. I doubt they lost much money.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not sure it's a general problem.
Just a few cases where you heaped praise on players that I thought had awful performances, or the opposite. I think one of them involved Romagnoli a few weeks back. Perhaps you missed a few sequences where he messed up, I don't know. I'll respond next time, lol.

Be on the lookout for these fuckups, please. I don't want stupid assessments fucking up my understanding. As I've made clear a number of times on this board, my assessment often differs from our beloved household tactician brk. That never means I don't think he's on to stuff or that his take isn't valuable, I just often think people read too much into things. An unavoidable consequence of football being over-covered and analyzed. I played as a CB for Brann up until I was 17 years old. I'm not a tactical genius but I played the game. I often make rash statements but I'd wager my understanding is good. At least I knew where to put my feet.

While I'm in the hot seat I'd like to point something out. Not sure if you're aware, but you almost never offer a fresh opinion outside of criticism of a post. I always read your posts with great interest, both for insight and your savage nature, but then again you're never out here with an original post laying bare your own views of the game. Always taking up a contrary position is effective, and it makes you a stylist, but bro? You're more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule