Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Adriano is a washed up turd :D
The guy is past it and he looks like he isnt intreseted in playing football. How sad. The last thing Milan needs is a poor excuse of a forward thats unfit as well as in poor form.

Hope Berlu doesnt get him or Cassano.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
atreides602 said:
gilla + adriano wow , we will be unstopable :D
and we will recall goliveira from loan,so i agree with you,we will be unstopable next year..

Last edited:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
atreides602 said:
gilla + adriano wow , we will be unstopable :D

Gilardina will be sold.. I would prefer Oliveira instead of Gilardina in any time..

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Agriano would be great at milan. LOL. He's so nervous before the match, he's getting brain-cramps :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Buy Some Fucking Players U Old Twats!!!!!!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
They are just making themselves look bad, its their own reputation that is getting hurt by their poor market strategies. Look at where we are at. I just can't wait for the summer just to see them pull the same shit again, whats next? Are we going to go get the rest of the 1998 WC Brazil squad and try and pass them off as reinforcement? Or will we praise Gila's amazing skill and claim he just needs to be calm? Will we claim that Kalac will be the greatest goalkeeper ever for the next 10 years? I can't wait to see whats in store for us! UEFA Cup here we come!

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
I'm expecting more bullshit to come from these two in the following days. Something like, the ref was poor or the UEFA cup is the best. Idiots.

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
I bet its going to be like this:

Galliani: I got to say that we have a great squad who did their best and I stand behind everyone, because they have all won my trust in years past, and I'm sure Pato will get us to 4th place and we will play Champions League, but if we don't I think that the UEFA Cup is an experience many in our team have not experienced with the Milan shirt, and I think it would be a trophy that would add variety to our collection. As far as the transfer market goes, I think Adriano would be a great acquisition, he would form a great partnership with Mr.X. Who is Mr.X? You will have to wait and see!

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Galiani should keep his pie hole shut!!! :head:

Galliani Blames Club World Cup

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani insists that Milan’s elimination from the Champions League is not the end of an era and he has put it down to focusing on the World Club Cup.

The Rossoneri were beaten 2-0 by the rampant young Gunners in a entertaining clash at San Siro but Galliani does not seem too worried.

“This is not the end of an era. We focused on Japan and winning the Club World Cup. It was our choice,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia after the game.

“We knew it would cost a lot in terms of physical and psychological energy, but it remains an historic season and there is no need for it to change.

“I believe Arsenal played better than we did over the 180 minutes and so deserved to go through. No club has won the Champions League twice in a row since us in 1990-91, so we couldn’t break that taboo.

“We did really well in the opening 15-20 minutes and there was a period of Arsenal pressure, but we conceded a goal right when Arsenal seemed to be on a downward spiral.

“Unfortunately it was decided in midfield and we had some players returning from injury, others out completely like Clarence Seedorf, so it was very bad timing.

“This is football and we must focus on our next challenge. Let’s not forget we are the club with the most trophies in the world and in 2007 we won three prestigious cups.”

There were reports Carlo Ancelotti would be sacked if he failed to reach the Champions League semi-finals, but Galliani insists that the club have full confidence in their coach.

“Our President Silvio Berlusconi is fantastic and told the players that we can’t always win in football, so we have to keep going.”

Milan will be hoping they can improve their form in Serie A so they can ensure they qualify for the Champions League next season.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=609757

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Mr. Anonymous said:
Galiani should keep his pie hole shut!!! :head:

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani insists that Milan’s elimination from the Champions League is not the end of an era and he has put it down to focusing on the World Club Cup.

The Rossoneri were beaten 2-0 by the rampant young Gunners in a entertaining clash at San Siro but Galliani does not seem too worried.

“This is not the end of an era. We focused on Japan and winning the Club World Cup. It was our choice,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia after the game.

“We knew it would cost a lot in terms of physical and psychological energy, but it remains an historic season and there is no need for it to change.

“I believe Arsenal played better than we did over the 180 minutes and so deserved to go through. No club has won the Champions League twice in a row since us in 1990-91, so we couldn’t break that taboo.

“We did really well in the opening 15-20 minutes and there was a period of Arsenal pressure, but we conceded a goal right when Arsenal seemed to be on a downward spiral.

“Unfortunately it was decided in midfield and we had some players returning from injury, others out completely like Clarence Seedorf, so it was very bad timing.

“This is football and we must focus on our next challenge. Let’s not forget we are the club with the most trophies in the world and in 2007 we won three prestigious cups.”

There were reports Carlo Ancelotti would be sacked if he failed to reach the Champions League semi-finals, but Galliani insists that the club have full confidence in their coach.

“Our President Silvio Berlusconi is fantastic and told the players that we can’t always win in football, so we have to keep going.”

Milan will be hoping they can improve their form in Serie A so they can ensure they qualify for the Champions League next season.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=609757

hes still a twat even though we got outplayed, i dont think we will get anyone in the summer.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Mr. Anonymous said:

-BULLSHIT SNIPPED-
fuck_you.jpg

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
This guy is either insane or insanely stupid. Milan were totally run ragged by Arsenal, that scoreline was flattering for Milan, it is obvious to the birds that this team cant go on like this and instead of saying the board will do everything to improve the team, he blames the focus on the two games against some amateurs and Boca from the World Club Cup? This is even lamer than I thought it would be.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ronaldo9 said:
This guy is either insane or insanely stupid.

He is neither of those. What he is is merely a puppet and he cannot bite the hand that feeds him. His statements annoy the hell out of me as well, but if you think about it, he is really not the one to blame. Even Berlusconi's son said in the past that if it was up to Galliani we would've signed really good players by now, but Berlusca isn't too keen on spending these days.

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Galliani: We chose World Cup
Tuesday 4 March, 2008
Milan general manager Adriano Galliani insists this is not the end of an era and it was “a choice” to focus on the Club World Cup.

“This is not the end of an era. We put the priority on Japan and winning the Club World Cup. It was our choice.

“We knew it would cost a great deal in terms of physical and psychological energy, but it remains an historic season and there is no need to change.”

The Rossoneri were the reigning Champions League winners and also took the Club World Cup and European Super Cup, but exited the competition 2-0 to Arsenal.

“I believe Arsenal played better than we did over the 180 minutes and so deserved to go through. No club has won the Champions League twice in a row since us in 1990-91, so we couldn’t break that taboo,” said Galliani.

There were reports Carlo Ancelotti would be sacked if he failed to reach the Champions League semi-finals, but Galliani painted a different picture.

“Our President Silvio Berlusconi is fantastic and told the players that we can’t always win in football, so we have to keep going.

“It is a great shame that after so many years we went out in the second round, but we were unlucky to pick Arsenal so early.

“We did our duty and won our group, but Arsenal came second in theirs, so we crossed paths.”

Always the superstitious type, the Milan transfer guru looked to the future.

“We have reached the Champions League Final in odd years – 2003, 2005 and 2007 – so we book our ticket for 2009.”

channel 4

I hate him.

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Did you ever think B&G likes to buy a crappy player that has worn out to save our team...
Oli...he has thrown away by some clubs in Spain, and we buy him...
Ronaldo...he has thrown away from Madrid's first team, and we buy him...
and now he wants to buy Adriano - an Inter reject..
we had the likes to buy shitty player, because of our success with seedorf and pirlo (turn from a shitty player to a gold player)
They must change their policy...

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
I'll be frank with everybody here. I wasn't that disappointed when I watched Milan go down. The main reason being that the management would surely understand that things have to change _dramatically_. Kaka's comments made me understand that things are going to change. After all, he's the most valuable player on our squad and he's calling for drastic changes, and that ain't bad.

But then I read Galliani's comments. It's pathetic of someone who's pretty much the main man in a club of such prestige to put the blame on something as insignificant as the World Club Cup. I don't know how much is bubbling behind the scenes at Milan at the moment, but to declare that a few more games at the start of 2008 is the reason for our team being soooo tired, sooo messed up and soooo out of shape to not even pose competition for Arsenal & co. on European fields is kindly put, extremely naive.

I'm sorry to say this, but because of the good people in the Milan hierarchy the team does not deserve a CL-spot next year. Of course it is important, but for fucks sake, who can take comments like these seriously?

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Cant say his statement is entirely wrong. We did won 3 cups in 2007 and it were of the kind many clubs have problems to once achieve at all... we are CL holders and its natural for holders to go out quick.

As for buying strategy, we all know its poor in many ways and he will always try to defend it - which is logical, no matter how stupid it actually is.

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
“This is not the end of an era. We put the priority on Japan and winning the Club World Cup. It was our choice.

“We knew it would cost a great deal in terms of physical and psychological energy, but it remains an historic season and there is no need to change.”

The priority on Japan? This makes it sound that this priority was higher as opposed to the CL. And how many matches was this trip to Japan? Wait, I know. Two. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have won the CWC, nor the UEFA Super Cup. It's just frustrating to read such statements being made by a man of such power in the club, he makes it sound like they had two choices. And they chose the CWC. Which doesn't sound like a choice the real Milan would choose.

Though the re-scheduled matches surely took some wind off the team, it shouldn't pose such a problem for one of Europe's best teams, as that team should have had the depth to clear these problems.

And the last phrase: there is no need to change? Oh brother. Summer transfers, here we come! Should we put up a poll on how long an extension, say, Cafu will get?

But what's the point in crying over spilled milk? A lot if the milk destroyed your fuse box and short-circuited all the expensive electronics in your place.

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
peters said:
Cant say his statement is entirely wrong. We did won 3 cups in 2007 and it were of the kind many clubs have problems to once achieve at all... we are CL holders and its natural for holders to go out quick.

As for buying strategy, we all know its poor in many ways and he will always try to defend it - which is logical, no matter how stupid it actually is.

Besides the CL from last year, all the cups we won were pretty much bullshit. Who the fuck cares about them anyway? Give me one CL over 10 World Club Cup wins any day...

For Galliani to say that we sacrificed the CHAMPIONS MOTHER FUCKING LEAGUE for that stupid joke of a competition is ridiculous.

I can't help but lose all respect for him when he says things like this, it's a making up excuses that everyone knows are bullshit to cover up for his poor performance. It is him as president that can't get us big singings, not the club. He doesn't know what we need and through his utter incompetence is dragging the club down.

As a fan of Milan I cannot respect him.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
well, saying we sacrificed CL to win WC is really a strong bull, counting that we are listening for 2 seasons how CL has special flair that italy matches doesnt and how milan lives for european stage.

I too think and said it many times, watching shitty poor performances because we are resting before & after some games every month is just not good enough for milan. Lets face it though, 3 years from now performances in 2007 will be mostly forgotten (like our poor 2006/07 campaign after we won CL) and we will rub it to merda-fans how milan can win CL against stubborn liverpool, SC against almighty (at that time) sevilla and WC, where we outclassed Boca - where they can only dream about any of it :D And 2 of these games had extra revenge factor to us...

I'm not trying to defend stupid statements from G&B, i think they should be quiet or choose their words with extra care (specially when talking about something they are held responsible for). But that was never their way in the first place and you just have to ignore it.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
MaldiniISgod said:
For Galliani to say that we sacrificed the CHAMPIONS MOTHER FUCKING LEAGUE for that stupid joke of a competition is ridiculous.

I can't help but lose all respect for him when he says things like this, it's a making up excuses that everyone knows are bullshit to cover up for his poor performance. It is him as president that can't get us big singings, not the club. He doesn't know what we need and through his utter incompetence is dragging the club down.

As a fan of Milan I cannot respect him.

you should know that he is not the president of milan,berlusconi is..
and even if he was president,berlusconi would still have the final word in transfers and everything else that is connected to milan..

i`m sure that both of them (or at least galliani) understand that we need to reinforce our squad in the summer,but i`m also sure that neither of them is gonna come out and say "we are shit,our players are shit and we need changes",and i`m glad they won`t do it..
it would just disturb our players,and we would have even less chance to qualify for next year`s cl..

i just hope berlusconi wins the elections and lets galliani have control over the club (transfers)..

but even if B is still a president in the summer,we will reinforce our squad with some good players,i`m sure..

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will only buy players over 30 years-old thats our policy look at the team yesterday 7 of the 11 starters were in the team that played juve in the 03 final 6 starters and ambro on the bench seedorf, dida and brocchi were injured so that makes it 10 players that are in our squad now that were in the squad then.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I believe that losing yesterday to Arsenal yesterday is one thing, but what's frustrating is the lame excuses of Galiani when he opens his pie hole as to why we lost.

It offends my/our intelligence as a fan and a supporter of this club when he makes the comments that he continues to make. (i.e we chose the WCW & the Super Cup)

He refuses to say we weren't good enough and need changes. At this point it wouldn't be offensive to anyone to say that, as it was clear to everyone including the players. These are professional players that realize that their not as good as they we're. It won't break their hearts or morale to say this openly, and state that changes via new young players is a must.

We all know the first step in fixing a problem or any situation is admitting that their is a problem or a situation that needs to be fixed. If he doesn't want to do this openly shut up and say nothing and stop frustrating supporters of this club.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. When Kaka comes out and says management has to decide which players to bring in, indicates changes are coming.

I just don't want Galiani to insult my intelligence anymore than he has.

He needs to shut up!!! :head:

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
seriously guys, this is whats going to happen in the summer

1. drogba
2. zambrotta
3. ferrari.

i doubt anyone else will come

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Ferrari is off to Fiorentina it seems... lolz... we can't even get some reject defender...

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
seriously guys, this is whats going to happen in the summer

1. drogba
2. zambrotta
3. ferrari.

i doubt anyone else will come

And even Drogba won't come if we don't finish 4th. :rolleyes:

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You cannot replace all these players at once. It needs to be done slowly over a period of time otherwise the results will be catastrophic. Evolution, not revolution is the motto.

If Milan had of signed just one young player, every summer for the last four years, they would not be facing the predicament they are now in.

I would put this largely down to overconfidence. Milan have comfortably been the best team in Europe for the past five years, and this has led to the approach from Berlusconi and Galliani that they could keep going with the same experienced players year after year. For five seasons it has produced amazing success, but eventually it was going to come to an end.

this is an part of an article from goal.com and its what i've been saying for the past 2 years instead of us buying 2-3 players each season now we will need to buy 7 or 8 just to compete in the coming season's all because of galliani and berlusconi living in the past.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
I read that article at goal, it was interesting and good point of view, ...

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Dann said:
You cannot replace all these players at once. It needs to be done slowly over a period of time otherwise the results will be catastrophic. Evolution, not revolution is the motto.

If Milan had of signed just one young player, every summer for the last four years, they would not be facing the predicament they are now in.

I would put this largely down to overconfidence. Milan have comfortably been the best team in Europe for the past five years, and this has led to the approach from Berlusconi and Galliani that they could keep going with the same experienced players year after year. For five seasons it has produced amazing success, but eventually it was going to come to an end.

this is an part of an article from goal.com and its what i've been saying for the past 2 years instead of us buying 2-3 players each season now we will need to buy 7 or 8 just to compete in the coming season's all because of galliani and berlusconi living in the past.

Agreed, they wasted last year's and this winters transfer market and now they are further back than they should be. They managed things horribly.

Quaresma, Vargas, Drogba (type players) along with a replacement for Maldini are needed NOW!!!