The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
:lol:

We lost not because they were superior than us. We lost the game due to ourselves. We just could not score in the first half while in the second half the players motivation was just awful.

Calm down. Milan are still better than Lille.

have you seen the game actually? Our only 'real' chances in the first half were an easy shot of Theo and Ibra's free kick...

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Btw, what is up with Donna these days... Has he ever deliberately stopped a penalty in the last few years. That was a bad penalty by that Turk from Lille. Also the second goal was again a personal error from his side. Not an easy ball, but if you want to be considered among the best in the world...

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan are set to ask their players to cut their monthly wages due to the ongoing effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, a report claims.

The squad signed an agreement for their April salaries to be cut by 50% earlier in the year in what was a response to the suspension of the league and therefore an inability for the players to provide the services they are paid for.

However, a few months down the line now we are no closer to seeing supporters back in stadiums en masse despite the fact that football has been deemed ok to resume.

According to La Repubblica (via MilanNews), Milan intend to ask the team for a sacrifice given the current loss in revenues, and that is to cut their monthly salary by about 20%.

The paper adds that it will be up to the CEO Ivan Gazidis to formulate the terms of the request to the Rossoneri players, who will then decide whether to accept or not.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Let's forget this game and focus on upcoming ones, we got a tough calendar

tenor.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Btw, what is up with Donna these days... Has he ever deliberately stopped a penalty in the last few years. That was a bad penalty by that Turk from Lille. Also the second goal was again a personal error from his side. Not an easy ball, but if you want to be considered among the best in the world...

Yes

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Former Netherlands striker Marco van Basten says he should have retired earlier and his career "was not worth" the pain he has suffered from his injuries.

Van Basten, 56, was one of the best players of his generation, winning the Ballon d'Or on three occasions between 1988 and 1992.

But he struggled with a persistent ankle injury from his early 20s and had to retire at the age of just 30.

"If I had the choice again with all the knowledge I have today, it's not worth it," he told BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro League's podcast.

Podcast: Van Basten reflects on his career

"All the pain I had, it was not worth it. My ankle created so many problems, it affected my day-to-day living. But at that time football was my whole life.

"Now I am older, I have had a life without football. You can still have a good life - there is more than football. Today I would make a different decision if I had the choice."

All About Marco van Basten - listed to the Football Daily podcast in full

'I died as a footballer'

Van Basten won back-to-back European Cups with the great AC Milan side of the late 1980s and scored his most famous goal in the Euro 88 final win over the Soviet Union.

But he missed two entire seasons trying to fight back from his ankle injury and now can not even kick a ball.

"I died as a player," he said.

"Still today I can't play football. It's far too difficult, my ankle is fixed, I can't shoot, I can't do anything with my foot.

"In all my life there was not a day that I hadn't touched a football and all of a sudden it was over. It was very hard, painful."
'Cruyff was my hero'

Van Basten first met his idol Johan Cruyff as a 15-year-old and wanted to tell him they would be team-mates one day - but lost his nerve.

Just a few months later, Van Basten replaced Cruyff as a substitute and scored on his Ajax debut.

"Cruyff was one of the best, he was my hero and my example," Van Basten said.

"He was a star at the same time as George Best, fantastic to watch.

"I knew him later on, he became my trainer, my adviser, my team-mate, my opponent.

"It was easier for me to play with him than to speak to him."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54816131

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
have you seen the game actually? Our only 'real' chances in the first half were an easy shot of Theo and Ibra's free kick...

I missed the live game but watched the replay. I put attention every 10 minutes of our play just to make sure what actually our problems were.

What you said about real chances is right. It's due to our selfishness, our laziness not to try to create chances from the attacks we have built. The players looked clueless when they were already inches with the ball from the PK area. There were also moments that the finishing attacks so poor like Dalot's cross to Ibra who missed miles away. It's just our typical attack. But still we owned the game, not letting a single attack did by the opponent in the first 20 minutes (just before the PK).

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Me after last night's match:

tenor.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Nicolo Schira: Milan are in advanced talks to extend Hakan #Calhanoglu’s contract until 2024. The turkish player has asked €5M/year as the new wage. Meanwhile #Milan offered €3,5M/year and are confident to reach an agreement.

MILAN 4EVER

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nicolo Schira: Milan are in advanced talks to extend Hakan #Calhanoglu?s contract until 2024. The turkish player has asked ?5M/year as the new wage. Meanwhile #Milan offered ?3,5M/year and are confident to reach an agreement.

Finally we have proper management just stick to your 3.5 mil. He can accept it or just fuck off. Just imagine you got got offered after 3/4 years 1 mil extra per annum and still trying to get more. Really footballers in general can fuck off

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It was just the perfect storm

In general they outclassed and outran us, zero doubt about that. However, they did not create shit. They had exactly 4 good situations:
David 1 vs 1 against Donna after a ridiculous mistake by Dalot
Soft penalty
Second goal which is exclusively on Donna
Third goal which came after another bad pass in the middle

On a normal day that should be 1 goal max.

Basically we made a ton of mistakes while they had a deadly conversion rate.

On the bench, however, Pioli got schooled big time. His choice of starters was awful in attack. We played 45 minutes with a man down because Krunic was lost the whole time. Samu was garbage as usual but at least he was trying, while Rade was simply not on the field.
Also, Lille's coach had done his homework very well and Pioli's tactics got exposed from the first minute. He put 2 big CBs on Zlatan's back and limited Diaz in the middle with his DMs. That left us with zero options but to go to the flanks where we had... I already said what we had there. As a result - zero creativity.

The good thing is that this happened in EL. Such a result in Serie A would've hurt much more. I am not even upset right now. We started our rise after the gangbang from Atalanta, so this game should be considered a valuable lesson.

By the way, Hakan has been awful in the last 4-5 games. He is important for the build up but he fucks up way too many balls lately. Also, he has exactly 0 goals and 1 assist in Serie A from the start which is... mediocre

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#ACMilan are reportedly going to ask their players to take a 20% salary cut to cope with the economic crisis caused by COVID-19.

Poor Brahim will be on 150€ per week

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
#ACMilan are reportedly going to ask their players to take a 20% salary cut to cope with the economic crisis caused by COVID-19.

Poor Brahim will be on 150? per week

how will he survive?

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
'Italian defenders', is that still a thing? And English football is still 'kick 'n rush'... Oh wait, it's the year 2020. The Maldinis and Cannavaros are long gone. Romagnoli is just an mediocre defender in poor form, nothing more, nothing less. Although must say that penalty against Lille was a present wrapped in a big bow. You saw him jumping, amazing hollywood performance

I think now is the best time to sell Romagnoli while his price is decent. I doubt he will be demoted even if we sign a younger defender who is better than him. He is a good defender, but I've always questioned his agility and athleticism. Bonucci and Cheillini aren't the quickness, but they are athletes and aggressive enough. Romagnoli on the other hand always seems hesitant in certain tackles; take Kjaer for example, he is slow but aggressive when he comes for the ball. For now we should pair him with someone more athletic and I believe fofana would have been perfect. If not then Milenkovic or Kabak and let's hope we can get some money from a Spanish club or English club for Romagnoli; I'd definitely sell for 45-55mil

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Calm down. The first 20 minutes, Lille did nothing, just like Sparta. The goal raise their confident but we were still the better team in the first half. What we lacked of was a teamwork play upfront. There were great runs from our players in the opponent's area but that's it, no final product.

We were the one who let this game ended like this. They were not better than us. They played good game in the second half but our players were already unfocused and less motivation.

The problem arises now if our players could overcome this situation. A big loss before Serie A game.

Just because they let us have possession doesnt mean we were better. That was their tactic and it worked perfectly for them.

We really didnt create anything, a typical banter era performance

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The roma circlejerk really caught fire. The trolls did well.

The truth is, he gets bullied physical and pacey forwards. Lukaku had a field day with him in the derby and dzeko also got the better of him on numerous occasions. Imagine going to the UCL and facing the likes of Mbappe and Haaland. We need more athletic and technical players and if that means less Italians then so be it.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma played in the derby without any preseason, for that he did all right. Imo he needs to get sharper and make up for the basics he missed in summer, maybe we can rest him a bit the next 2 games.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Raiola asking 5mil for our capitao. That is serious money ,for the worst player in defensive department.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I don't think Roma is as bad as he's been slated lately but that penalty was all him and god fucking damit was it a bad one. He gift wrapped it by doing something so moronic and unnessessary.

Either you have a massive brainfart or you conciously want to hurt your team to do what he did. From a captain, such a let down is simply unacceptable.

I am sure the people responsible for the club will take measures. Alessio needs at minimum a honest talk about his performances and what's expected from him. Right now he's heavily underdelivering.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
I don't think Roma is as bad as he's been slated lately but that penalty was all him and god fucking damit was it a bad one. He gift wrapped it by doing something so moronic and unnessessary.

Either you have a massive brainfart or you conciously want to hurt your team to do what he did. From a captain, such a let down is simply unacceptable.

I am sure the people responsible for the club will take measures. Alessio needs at minimum a honest talk about his performances and what's expected from him. Right now he's heavily underdelivering.

solid take.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Been a rough couple of weeks for Romagnoli.

Hopefully, he works his way into form soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.