Week 30: Milan vs Udinese 02/04/2019 19:00 CET

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Key part of the season our sistem goes to pieces... wow

Lets see this 4312, but cutro-piatek are two same players its not natural.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I’d think more of Hakan and Kessié recovering the ball at the flanks ofcourse switching with the front two.

It’s gonna be awesome.

Yup, nothing's gonna be as da Milan as a 4-3-1-2 :) At least one Paqueta thru-ball to a striker running in past the defender's far side please.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
is the 4312 confirmed or just media guesses?

did they use it in training or how did the 4312 thing start ?

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Key part of the season our sistem goes to pieces... wow

Lets see this 4312, but cutro-piatek are two same players its not natural.

i mean it can work, or it cant.

usually with 2 up top you should have more of a striker and a ss

like ibra-robinho

or trezeguet-del piero

but shevchenko and inzaghi worked for the time spent together....who knows.

but for sure will give piatek more space, because it wont be 2 cb marking him

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Oddly, I feel confident about this game.

Forza Milan!

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
4312 without an SS or regista or a LB who we aren't sure can cover the whole flank...hmmm not so sure about this.

Would rather play Samu instead of Cutrone to be able to rotate to a 4231 if needed. Let's hope this works.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
is the 4312 confirmed or just media guesses?

did they use it in training or how did the 4312 thing start ?

Gattuso saw my post last night while browsing the forum, and decided it made a lot of sense. That's how it started.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone with Piatek up front doesn't make sense. I'm still thinking it has to be Castillejo.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
If we can't beat the likes of Udinese at home in a must win, then we don't deserve top 4. We can't afford to drop out of the top 4 as the pressure will be too much for this group. Just fkn win!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dont care what formation we play, we can even play this

1596120_AC_Milan.jpg

as long as Suso isnt playing im fine

If Donarumma is going to basically put it in his own net then might as well :lol:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match kicks off in 2.5 hrs! Forza Milan! ❤️

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Probable Milan lineup vs. Udinese (4-3-1-2): Donnarumma; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bakayoko, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek.

We might even win now. No Rodriguez or Suso, no Hakan at LW.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Probable Milan lineup vs. Udinese (4-3-1-2): Donnarumma; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bakayoko, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek.

We might even win now. No Rodriguez or Suso, no Hakan at LW.

Wow. No Kessie again, RR and Suso dropped for the first time in forever.

Bold moves by Gattuso.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Praise be to Necro for this glorious match thread. 3 points will shine down on Milan @ San Siro tonight. ��

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
OFFICIAL FORMATIONS:

Here are the Milan-Udinese formations:

MILAN (4-3-1-2): Donnarumma G .; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bakayoko, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek.

Available: Reina, A. Donnarumma, Calabria, Caldara, Rodriguez, Zapata, Strinic, José Mauri, Bertolacci, Montolivo, Borini, Castillejo, Suso. Coach: Gennaro Gattuso.

UDINESE (4-3-3): Musso; Samir, Opoku, De Maio, Zeegelaar; Fofanà, Behrami, Ter Avest; Pussetto, Lasagna, De Paul.

Available: Nicolas, Perisan, Mandragora, Wilmot, Badu, Ingelsson, Micin, Okaka, Teodorczyk. Coach: Igor Tudor.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think both of them have the physical ability to hold their own in wide areas. That's really necessary to play them together. Cutrone particularly has been deployed wide in a 4-3-3 before and I found him adequate.

They both move and run a lot, so it's going to turn out better than the previous laughable attempts at double CF systems. But who's the creator between them? Who's the dribbler or pacey player that can always cause a mess in the opponent's half?(this is why Miha's 4-4-2 couldn't work without freaking Niang)

The mids and defenders struggle as it is. They'll now have even bigger responsibility, defensively and attacking-wise.

It might work for the night since it's Udinese and they'll be happy to take 1 point from San Siro, but it's not a solution in the long run, or even for the remaining games of the season.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It will be fun until Abate make a mistake and let De Paul score.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this is a mistake. Cutrone won’t work well with Piatek. I really hope I’m wrong.

What’s the deal with Kessie? Are the media %100 sure he was injured or is there more?

Seems Gattuso got angry at the underperforming ‘regulars’ like Rodriguez and Suso. No one is safe.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
I think this is a mistake. Cutrone won’t work well with Piatek. I really hope I’m wrong.

It is a sign that we have a coach who doesn't know what to do when the pressure is mounting. This system will not work , it just that changing formation is a sign of weakness.

SkyDiver

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Taribo West
OFFICIAL FORMATIONS:

Here are the Milan-Udinese formations:

MILAN (4-3-1-2): Donnarumma G .; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bakayoko, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek.

Available: Reina, A. Donnarumma, Calabria, Caldara, Rodriguez, Zapata, Strinic, José Mauri, Bertolacci, Montolivo, Borini, Castillejo, Suso. Coach: Gennaro Gattuso.

UDINESE (4-3-3): Musso; Samir, Opoku, De Maio, Zeegelaar; Fofanà, Behrami, Ter Avest; Pussetto, Lasagna, De Paul.

Available: Nicolas, Perisan, Mandragora, Wilmot, Badu, Ingelsson, Micin, Okaka, Teodorczyk. Coach: Igor Tudor.

Kessie injured? :cry:
Man, the options on the bench are horrendous especially for the midfield.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hahah, classic RnB... Complains that Suso and RR are in the worst form currently, then Gattuso drops them both and he becomes clueless :D

Same story with Paqueta... omg he needs rest one game, he played full season in Brazil.
Gattuso drops him for ONE HALF --> He is clueless, left our main threat on bench.
:D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Please, God

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want to celebrate Poland tonight, come on

Schedule