EL: AEK Athens vs Milan - Thursday 02/11/2017 19:00 CET

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Does anyone have some extended highlights or something, i missed the game?

Meh, another 0-0.... my only fear is if we change the coach, and still fail to put good performances.. what then!?

Mate I just watched the 90 mins and I think you’d struggle to find a single highlight. Don’t bother wasting your time.. watching this milan is like getting stabbed in the eye with a fork.. in fact I’d prefer that than watching another Montella lead milan game

Farry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I am for sacking Montella.

But dudes saying we have nothing to lose. We for sure do. We can end up worse like Inter last year.

I know the situation is different, but what are some good alternatives out there (especially willing to come to do a caretaker role until better managers show up)? Do you really think Souza will be THAT much different than Montella?

While I agree with you there is also a strong argument to say if we stay like this how badly can it end? We are closer to relegation than the top 4.. it’s not just results it’s actually watching the team play. There’s no plan. It’s not even rolling the dice. We fuck around with it at the back and then Bonucci plays a long ball. Or we build play incredibly slowly then play it back and Bonucci playa a log ball. There’s no style or will to play football. I can’t bare to watch another game like that. We need direction and leadership not the mess we are now. Otherwise I fear we are headed further down.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

But dudes saying we have nothing to lose. We for sure do. We can end up worse like Inter last year.

I know the situation is different, but what are some good alternatives out there (especially willing to come to do a caretaker role until better managers show up)? Do you really think Souza will be THAT much different than Montella?

they finished 7th, we are currently 8th, so finishing like inter last year is better than were we are now

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
This could end up a lot worse than simply finishing mid-table in the league, getting knocked out in EL.

The whole Elliott hedge-fund loan, and our investors throwing all our chips onto the table this year could potentially leave us in an insane amount of debt, hurting us for seasons to come.

200m euros spent to achieve fuck all is a shitty gamble that could do serious long-term damage

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
What confused me is our owner seems fine with how things are going.

Any other reasonable owner that just spent 200 mil wouldve sacked montella like 2 months ago

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
What confused me is our owner seems fine with how things are going.

Any other reasonable owner that just spent 200 mil wouldve sacked montella like 2 months ago

A competent SD would have seen that Montella was average/lucky last season and made finding a proper coach for this new project.

Fodder SD thinking fodder coach is world class, just like himself.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

IMO, Sousa is a poor mans Montella, and that says it all. I'm all for sacking Montella (I said it already weeks before it was cool that there is no gameplan with him and I doubt his abilities), but not if the alternative is Sousa. Another unproven coach who has not shown anything in his career Montella already has. Enough with unproven coaches coming from midtable teams.

Hopefully the management sees it too and hopefully that's the only reason Montella is still in charge: because they are waiting for a top tier coach to become free and give him a 2 year contract.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1012 mit Tapatalk

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
too much to do .. but before we need to fix all things ... (i'm gonna say this in polite way) : Montella.. please find another job

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
too much to do .. but before we need to fix all things ... (i'm gonna say this in polite way) : Montella.. please find another job

it's up to F&M and not Montella

Romagnely

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Cafu, Gattuso, Ibra, Bennacer, Tomori
This could end up a lot worse than simply finishing mid-table in the league, getting knocked out in EL.

The whole Elliott hedge-fund loan, and our investors throwing all our chips onto the table this year could potentially leave us in an insane amount of debt, hurting us for seasons to come.

200m euros spent to achieve fuck all is a shitty gamble that could do serious long-term damage

The owners can always sell. Another rich mofo will buy and invest money.

It's not the end of the world. Football is not as beautiful as it was before like 2009, I just can't care that much anymore. It's a shame how a sport got ruined by "too" much money and young boys that act like thugs but are big pussies.

I can't even watch full games anymore. Half the time I do different stuff. There are no more heroes, even for other teams: where are men like Del Piero, Nesta, Materazzi, Stam, Puyol, Raul? Football has little toy boys now.

A couple of months ago I bought a 1991/1992 Milan shirt. Yes it was expensive, but hell I am not even thinking about a shirt of the last years, who on earth do I want on the backside? Nobody plays with heart.

Schedule