Week 21: Brescia - Milan 24/01/2020 20:45 CET

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
It’s quite obvious that 4-2-4 fantasia for a full 90 is suicidal in most games. Especially with a brain fart like Kessie as one of 2 cms. It’s so easy for tricky players to get past him it’s not even funny . Kessie is good at winning second balls and running up the pitch is all .

99% sure lineup will be

Donna ; Conti , Kjaer , Roma , Theo ; Samu , Kessie , Bennacer , Hakan ; Leao , Zlatan

Tbh this is the best lineup at the moment . Hakan work rate crucial .

Rebic can sub in for any of those 4 in the second half depending on how the game is going

Lets Play some more entertaining football get the 3 points and get closer to champions league spots lads! Forzaaaaaa

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
wait, what?

Well where else would you put him on the field, and expect him to be halfway decent?

• Surely not on the wings?
  • A striker he is not.
  • That pretty much sums it up.

I'm not saying he should be a DM in that formation, more of a B2B sort of role. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well where else would you put him on the field, and expect him to be halfway decent?

• A striker he is not.

I'm not saying he should be a DM in that formation, more of a B2B sort of role. Jack of all trades, master of none.

In a 4-4-2? Nowhere, but especially not as one of the two defensive midfielders that are supposed to hold an otherwise very attack-minded team together. Even the LM role would be preferable to that.

I don't like him in any role these days, but the least unsuitable role for him would be the most advanced midfielder in a 3 man midfield. His lack of athleticism won't slow down the team as much as in a wide role. He can make his late runs without slowing things down. He'll have defensive responsibilities, but there will be others who can cover for him. His dribbling ability becomes really useful, as a part of his press resistance in the packed middle, rather than a source of our problems when he's dwelling on the ball on the wings.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Piatek scored one goal against SPAL from at least 3 great chances and his assist was just a pass to Samu who scored with an incredible finish, not creating a goal with particularly amazing play. Ibra is vastly ahead of him and must play.

The only decision is put Hakan back in for a more balanced side or go balls to the wall and start Rebic on the left and trust he will have another amazing performance.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Piatek scored one goal against SPAL from at least 3 great chances and his assist was just a pass to Samu who scored with an incredible finish, not creating a goal with particularly amazing play. Ibra is vastly ahead of him and must play.

The only decision is put Hakan back in for a more balanced side or go balls to the wall and start Rebic on the left and trust he will have another amazing performance.

Hakan is the definition of average. This type of player exactly is the embodiment of the current Milan for the past several years. Nothing against him personally as he works hard and is a "solid" player. But he is as average as average can be, has talent and potential but that's all we are... a team of talent and potential. That said, I would not start him anymore unless we need to or if we switch formations to allow him to play more centrally and attacking. Wide man Hakan is not a good look.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Hakan is the definition of average. This type of player exactly is the embodiment of the current Milan for the past several years. Nothing against him personally as he works hard and is a "solid" player. But he is as average as average can be, has talent and potential but that's all we are... a team of talent and potential. That said, I would not start him anymore unless we need to or if we switch formations to allow him to play more centrally and attacking. Wide man Hakan is not a good look.

Yeah he's not great, but he's the best choice right now.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Yeah he's not great, but he's the best choice right now.

I disagree, let Rebic try and build on his performance last game and see if this turns his season around. It's not like Hakan is some guarantee of success.. plus, if he sucks, just throw hakan on at half time

Last edited:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

• A striker he is not.

He is trash now and shouldn’t play

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Bona can become a janitor at Juventus stadium

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
you guys really believe Vito on that? Juve got Ramsey because the Bona deal collapsed? Just one insider report that came a whole year late and a lot of you sure did turn fast.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Press conference:

How's Suso doing?

"Suso is training very well, he is available to play."

Will the return of which player?

"The second round of AC Milan, there is no player who wins or loses the games alone. The team must approach the matches well, it is the group that must make a great return."

Where should paquetà improve?

"In my opinion he must have the conviction that he is a complete player who must play in quality and quantity, he must become more decisive in the final phase, or score or do it. He did well for commitment, he missed in things where someone like him must find the winning game ".

What has changed with Rebic?

"It all depends on the attitude, I have to choose the team that gives the most guarantees. I made other choices, the players cannot suffer psychological repercussions undergoing the exclusion choices, the first eleven are important but also those who enter the race in progress. As we want improve and make a second round different from the first leg these attitudes must be maintained, those who work in this way will be called into question otherwise I will make other choices ".

Is Paquetà nostalgic as they say in Brazil?

"We are focused on what we are doing, everyone is available and involved, as well as Lucas. Like all players think they deserve to play. If you work well then when you are called into question you get the right satisfaction."

Can Rebic play for a seat?

"If he can play it, now I have many possibilities and many players who are doing well. He has shown that he is well, as well as Leao and Ibra."

Did the new module help this turn?

"The important thing is that the victories came through good performances, we are doing many positive things, we have to improve many others, we needed these results, we had to have the clearest head possible."

What is the Ibra effect?

"Ibra is an added value, for the thickness and the presence he puts into the game and for the professionalism he puts every day. He is doing very well for the team as the team-mates were good at exploiting the spaces they created. It is a champion, among the best in the world, I expected a lot from Ibra and I found a very helpful person, he entered with curiosity, he studied and now he is more aware of what he has to do ".

Is the ranking still hanging on Milanello?

"The ranking will be hung until May 24, we are not working to comb the dolls but to bring Milan back to the top".

What do you think of Tonali?

"Tonali has great qualities, he must be taken into great consideration for tomorrow's game".

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
you guys really believe Vito on that? Juve got Ramsey because the Bona deal collapsed? Just one insider report that came a whole year late and a lot of you sure did turn fast.

it's known that Allegri has a fetish for certain players.. that's why he took MDS off our hands (if you think that Suso is hard to get rid off then you must've forgot how shit Mattia was and how Juve got duped for te transfer fee that they paid).

guess he wanted his twin back.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
bonaventura was signed after allegri left

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Paolo Valeri from Rome will referee Brescia - Milan. Marco di Bello on the VAR

Brescia - Milan, the Rondinelle sold out the Mario Rigamonti stadium for the first time of the season

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
RedCard4MilanValeri :head:

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Musacchio, Hakan and even RR back....

Paqueta not even in the squad, either his anxiety or close to a transfer?

Milan, the 21 called up for Brescia:

GOALKEEPERS
Begović, A. Donnarumma, G. Donnarumma.

DEFENDERS
Conti, Gabbia, Hernández, Kjær, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodríguez.

CENTROCAMPISTI
Bennacer, Bonaventura, Çalhanoğlu, Kessie, Krunić.

FORWARDS
Castillejo, Ibrahimović, Leão, Piątek, Rebić, Suso.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Brescia (4-4-2):
Donnarumma, Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessiè, Bennacer, Rebic; Ibrahimovic, Leao [@DiMarzio]

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Brescia (4-4-2):
Donnarumma, Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessiè, Bennacer, Rebic; Ibrahimovic, Leao [@DiMarzio]

Kjaer :fp::fp::fp: I'm gonna be honest here. I prefer Mussachio over him.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Kjaer was calm against Udinese, kept things simple. What made you hate him?

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Kjaer was calm against Udinese, kept things simple. What made you hate him?

Slow as hell and were behind two big chances that Udinese didn't score on thanks of Donnarumma.

I can't find the video again that was on Twitter that showed all his mistakes this game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Slow as hell and were behind two big chances that Udinese didn't score on thanks of Donnarumma.

I can't find the video again that was on Twitter that showed all his mistakes this game.

Must have not payed attention to those situations then, cant remember them... i remember him being solid and calm

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
There is nothing to justify benching Rebic.
I mean what kind of a message we send to players when benching a player who just took a half by his teeth performing mvp level ?!!!!
Am not saying we should play 4.2.4.
Am saying field him even if it meant resting Leao.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
There is nothing to justify benching Rebic.
I mean what kind of a message we send to players when benching a player who just took a half by his teeth performing mvp level ?!!!!
Am not saying we should play 4.2.4.
Am saying field him even if it meant resting Leao.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brescia is easy, Rebic will start in Coppa Italia against Torino

Schedule