***CL CAMPAIGN OPENER*** Play-off leg 1:PSV Eindhoven (1) v AC Milan (1) 20/08/2013

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Bring it on!

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
ok after reading what these guys who have the inside info on PSV haave had to say. they dont sound bad, but at the end of the day look at the players we have in midfield and attack and there should be no problems. PSV will not beat us, if we do get knocked out then it will be ourselves who have beaten us purely from us not performing. to be honest, if Mario was out of this game i would be quite concerned. however, this is not the case :D

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only concern is that Milan has a tendency to start the season slow.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Win win win.
Niang, Ses, balotelli!

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think even at this stage if milan signed anyone it would be better to leave them on the bench 11 days is not enough to gel. PSV is a good draw at least we avoided sociedad. all the teams this year except pacos have a chance of eliminating us but im confident well win this playoff.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Well i am quite pleased by this draw . Pacos was by far the easiest team . And Fener was by far the hardest one . I had Psv-Metalist and sociedad about at the same level . The problem with metalist was the long trip , so i didint want them either . So out of Psv and sociedad we got psv (a depleted psv) . Good draw . I dont care with the psv fan boys say lol , when you lose strootman-MVB-Martens-Lens-pieters .... maybe even Toivonen , and replace them by youngsters and Mayer(who is gr8) and park , your team is worst off . I think milan shouldint have too much problems vs psv , Balo and El shaarawy should have their way with psv's defence (its not rekic and bruma who are going to stop them common) . I mean yeah they have good prospects but they are 2 young (its like if we start petagna and cristante and king Boateng). i prefer facing
Zoet
Brenet – Bruma – Rekik – Willems
Schaars
Wijnaldum – Maher
Bakalli – Matavz - Depay

than

Demirel
Gonul-Yobo-Bruno alves-Kladec
Emre-Meireles-Topal
Kuyt-Moussa Sow-Krasic

Last edited:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Wow, Balotelli is fit? Great :)
Should be fun. I' m trying to get tickets for the game in Eindhoven. In the Milan sector.

I‘m looking for these tickets aswell.
Tomorrow the ticketsale starts so we have to hurry.
PLEASE let me know if you find any, would mean the world to me :)

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Great draw ... should be exciting. Too bad its not on a weekend, sucks to be in "ET" zone.

I reckon we dont have that much chance re. Honda now because of Galliani being Galliani, but I hope we sign Ljajic at least.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I‘m looking for these tickets aswell.
Tomorrow the ticketsale starts so we have to hurry.
PLEASE let me know if you find any, would mean the world to me :)
Monday they'll be available via Mpestero! Their site is currently down due to maintenance.

Its possible to buy tickets for the milan sector as well.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well i am quite pleased by this draw . Pacos was by far the easiest team . And Fener was by far the hardest one . I had Psv-Metalist and sociedad about at the same level . The problem with metalist was the long trip , so i didint want them either . So out of Psv and sociedad we got psv (a depleted psv) . Good draw . I dont care with the psv fan boys say lol , when you lose strootman-MVB-Martens-Lens .... maybe even Toivonen , and replace them by youngsters and Mayer(who is gr8) and park , your team is worst off . I think milan shouldint have too much problems vs psv , Balo and El shaarawy should have their way with psv's defence (its not rekic and bruma who are going to stop them common) .

if u rely on toivonen in any kind of way... you know u have a shitty team.

:D

PSV and Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mark van Bommel
Well i am quite pleased by this draw . Pacos was by far the easiest team . And Fener was by far the hardest one . I had Psv-Metalist and sociedad about at the same level . The problem with metalist was the long trip , so i didint want them either . So out of Psv and sociedad we got psv (a depleted psv) . Good draw . I dont care with the psv fan boys say lol , when you lose strootman-MVB-Martens-Lens-pieters .... maybe even Toivonen , and replace them by youngsters and Mayer(who is gr8) and park , your team is worst off . I think milan shouldint have too much problems vs psv , Balo and El shaarawy should have their way with psv's defence (its not rekic and bruma who are going to stop them common) . I mean yeah they have good prospects but they are 2 young (its like if we start petagna and cristante and king Boateng). i prefer facing
Zoet
Brenet – Bruma – Rekik – Willems
Schaars
Wijnaldum – Maher
Bakalli – Matavz - Depay

than

Demirel
Gonul-Yobo-Bruno alves-Kladec
Emre-Meireles-Topal
Kuyt-Moussa Sow-Krasic

So you are saying that you know PSV better than PSV supporters do? :fp:

Strootman and Van Bommel will be missed, obviously, I agree.
Martens is a player at AZ Alkmaar.
Lens is a horrible player and I'm glad he is gone.
Pieters was on the bench and won't be missed. The same goes for Toivonen.

PSV beat the team you'd be more afraid of a couple of weeks ago quite easily in Istanbul(!) by the way: http://nl.soccerway.com/matches/201...ndlies/fenerbahce-spor-kulubu/psv-nv/1538902/

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
Great draw ... should be exciting. Too bad its not on a weekend, sucks to be in "ET" zone.

I reckon we dont have that much chance re. Honda now because of Galliani being Galliani, but I hope we sign Ljajic at least.

Nope, Fiorentina also said the same for Milan just like CSKA for Honda.

The offer for Ljajic is unacceptable, irregular and they also said that Milan dont have the right to bid for Fiorentina players.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane

PSV beat the team you'd be more afraid of a couple of weeks ago quite easily in Istanbul(!) by the way: http://nl.soccerway.com/matches/201...ndlies/fenerbahce-spor-kulubu/psv-nv/1538902/

relax with all your defending and biggin up dude, if Milan plays up to scratch during both legs we should have no problem. our midfield and especially our attack will be just too strong for such young inexperienced psv defense. if psv go through it would be a MAJOR upset and would certainly be a case of Milan hitting the self destruct button rather than being outplayed by this current PSV team. end of.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy

yeah they beat fener in a frendly game ...... :fp: . Still i am not saying i know psv all that good nor am i saying they have a bad team , i am just saying milan is on another level . A team like fener(and their experienced players)could cause milan problems but psv have 0 experience . they arent ready to play real cl football .

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

He meant Mertens.

And yes, let's talk about friendlies to compare the strength of two teams :thumbsup: Fenerbace is a couple of notches above PSV, don't kid yourself.

---

That being said, I'm not feeling all this comfortable about the draw. Every time Milan faced them in the past they suffered, I expect the same thing in two weeks. Plus, Dutch teams always are always a tough cookie for Milan. Yes, PSV isn't what it was a couple of years ago, but we could still suffer.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah we might suffer a little but we should be able to progress .

PSV and Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mark van Bommel
relax with all your defending and biggin up dude, if Milan plays up to scratch during both legs we should have no problem. our midfield and especially our attack will be just too strong for such young inexperienced psv defense. if psv go through it would be a MAJOR upset and would certainly be a case of Milan hitting the self destruct button rather than being outplayed by this current PSV team. end of.

I can defend my favorite team whenever I want to, can't I? This is a forum, I'd say a discussion is welcome.

For the other part of your post, let me quote myself:

I just realized that I might make things look like PSV are favorites to advance to the CL group stage, but that isn't the case obviously. Probably, Milan will be too good for this young PSV squad and knock them out.

Also, it might not really look like I love Milan right now, but I do, ever since I was a little kid. We're sort of on the same side. ;) I was devastated (still am) when PSV drew Milan, it f*cking sucks as I want both teams in the CL... :cry: But I do love PSV just a tiny bit more, that's all, so I'd like to give you guys some more information about PSV. I was born in Eindhoven, close to the Philips Stadion and I've had a season ticket for about 15 years now and I've only been to San Siro once. :( Just wanted to explain my background a little more, so you know where all this is coming from and how you should read my posts. :)

Edit: I know it was a friendly, but still: it was in Istanbul, their fans were going nuts (as usual in Turkey) and they really tried to win (for them). Doesn't mean a lot, but it doesn't mean nothing either.

Last edited:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Monday they'll be available via Mpestero! Their site is currently down due to maintenance.

Ah okay.
Have you bought there before?
I guess you just pay via creditcard and they send you the tickets via mail?
Did you call them to ask if they would have them?

I've never bought tickets for the away sector and I really want to make sure I get these tickets :lol:

Perhaps I'll see you there :)

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Can you get them even if you don't live in Holland? Do you need to be a member or something? plzzz i need info :tongue:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Can you get them even if you don't live in Holland? Do you need to be a member or something? plzzz i need info :tongue:

No need to be a member! You can pick them up at the stadium :)

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We're gonna win 3-0 this game. :o

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I much prefer playing PSV to Fenerbahce.

Firstly, Turkey is a lot more travelling than Eindhoven, being over twice the distance away.

Secondly, Fenerbahce have a lot more players who could trouble us. Like, for every Wijnaldum and Maher PSV have, Fenerbahce have Topal, Krasic, Bruno Alves and more... plus, that speedy fucker Gonul(Love him on Fifa)

Fenerbahce are just a couple of notches ahead, and don't forget they got to the semis of the EL last year and were unfortunate to lose to Benfica.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Cocu looks forward to measuring up to Milan
Published: Friday 9 August 2013, 16.31CET
UEFA.com rounds up the reaction to the play-off draw, hearing from the likes of Benedikt Höwedes, Emre Belözoğlu, Phillip Cocu and Viktor Fayzulin on the ties facing their sides.
1980169_w2.jpg

PSV Eindhoven (NED) v AC Milan (ITA)
"It will be a difficult task for sure, but also a nice challenge which will allow us to see how we measure up to them. They have a lot of qualities. It is guaranteed that Milan always have top-level players. They might be busy reducing the age of their squad, but it is still of a high level."
Phillip Cocu, PSV coach

"We have great respect for PSV, but other teams should be worried when they are drawn against Milan and not vice versa. We are fully motivated and are eager to win this tie."
Marco Amelia, Milan goalkeeper

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1979880.html#cocu+looks+forward+measuring+milan

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Cocu looks forward to measuring up to Milan
Published: Friday 9 August 2013, 16.31CET
UEFA.com rounds up the reaction to the play-off draw, hearing from the likes of Benedikt Höwedes, Emre Belözoğlu, Phillip Cocu and Viktor Fayzulin on the ties facing their sides.
1980169_w2.jpg

PSV Eindhoven (NED) v AC Milan (ITA)
"It will be a difficult task for sure, but also a nice challenge which will allow us to see how we measure up to them. They have a lot of qualities. It is guaranteed that Milan always have top-level players. They might be busy reducing the age of their squad, but it is still of a high level."
Phillip Cocu, PSV coach

"We have great respect for PSV, but other teams should be worried when they are drawn against Milan and not vice versa. We are fully motivated and are eager to win this tie."
Marco Amelia, Milan goalkeeper

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1979880.html#cocu+looks+forward+measuring+milan

Amelia, the voice of Milan

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish

payam

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE MN - Casotti: "With PSV there is an element to be reckoned with. Market Milan: I was expecting at least one more move"
After discovering the opponent in the Champions League, AC Milan has ten days to prepare for the challenge at PSV Eindhoven. MilanNews.it interviewed the journalist Federico SportItalia Casotti, a leading expert on Dutch football.

Milan will face PSV to the Champions League draw, what to be afraid of the Dutch?

"From a purely technical point of view, clearly the Milan is favored. PSV have one of his best physical and mental condition, the daughter of an Eredivisie already started a week. It is not just the physical aspect to count, but also the mental. Milan will play against PSV the first two official games of the season, and two games will be the most delicate and important, which depend on the continuation of the vintage. A cold start that in all respects is likely to have its weight. And to think that it would be enough just to facilitate things, even just start a week before the Serie A as it does in the Premier League and La Liga. "

We can say that it was not a lucky draw?

"I would say so. There were five opportunities, all technically inferior to AC Milan but each with its own "secret weapon" to trouble the Rossoneri, but objectively PSV and Fenerbahçe were the two to avoid. On the other hand not overly dramatize the draw: AC Milan remains clear favorite, the second leg at home and all the conditions for passing the turno.Non but I think it will be a walk in fans and team amounts to reach the group stage in the Champions League do not necessarily goleada. "

PSV last year beat Napoli in Europe Legaue, who are the men to be kept under observation?

"It 'a very different team from the one that last year brilliantly beat Napoli in the Europa League. First, the coach is now Philip Cocu, who despite having bases of continuity with Advocaat is operating a policy of rejuvenating the team and final launch of the new talents. Departures heavy as Mertens, Strootman, Lens, Pieters and Hutchinson were all rimpazzate wisely. In midfield Maher (arrived by AZ) looms despite his 20 years, while Schaars is ready to re-launch after the flop to sporting Lisbon and as we have seen already in the 3-2 win at home dell'ADO in the Eredivisie. Wijnaldum is 22 years old and a veteran of the curriculum, forward would lend attention to young men and Locadia Depay: both 19 year olds are ready to surprise. Not to mention Toivonen and Matavz, for which, however, could be a sale close to the playoffs. "

leg Champions vital for Milan and for the transfer market, do you think they will do something at the end of session transfers?

"I expected at least one more move before entering the playoffs, obviously there were the conditions to close with Lijaijc and Honda. Even if they were to get these days (unlikely), their coupling "cold" would be a bit 'problematic. Surely, if the playoffs were to be exceeded, as we all hope, we have everything you need to increase the budget and therefore the possibility of closing at least one of the two negotiations. But at the moment, for various reasons, I see them both improbable. "

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Schedule