VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
anything else than a high win will be disappointment

2nd game will played 4/03/20

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Juventus have been very bad on the road recently, hopefully we pick up from the first half of the derby and continue with the 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1. I'd like to see the same starting line-up.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Ibra to do a materazzi on bonucci

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Let's finish the Sarri project!

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Right on my birthday

pls do me a favor

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wtff juve?? Oh my gaad

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Dybala will have a field day here.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
High tension in the Juve camp at the moment. Perfect time to strike.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
More than 70,000 tickets sold. It will be the highest attended semi final in the history of the Coppa.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
More than 70,000 tickets sold. It will be the highest attended semi final in the history of the Coppa.

Our fans are truly insane. People say they dont understand how so many of our fans still are going to the stadium to watch this shitty team. I would wonder the exact same thing had it been another team going through such a shitty decade. Not ours though. Milanisti always were, and still is, the most beautiful fans, loyal til death to our amazing club and our sacred colors. People say you have to go to war and share blood to become family. We are a living example that is not the case. We truly are the greastest, we band of brothers. Per sempre, fratelli...

I will never forget that moment Suso scored his second goal vs Merda in the derby 2017 under Montella, a complete stranger and I were going completely crazy, hugging eachother and yelling in each others faces, he even kissed my cheek. My Rossonero brother that I will never see again.

Last edited:

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It is a very interesting game though. Theres no Juve/Milan rivalry for the Serie A title, so this one is it. Juventus shelled out for CR7, one of the best forwards in the world currently. Milan was just rejuvenated with "Mr Serie A" Zlatan, and have seemed unstoppable until the Inter game (which was remarkably close and could have ended either way). Add to this, the Inter/AC game was one of the most entertaining I have seen in any league in some time.

Right now I think Juve/Milan is the most interesting matchup in Serie A. It might be 5-0 to Juve, or just the opposite. It's really hard to figure our where the clubs are right now.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our fans are truly insane. People say they dont understand how so many of our fans still are going to the stadium to watch this shitty team. I would wonder the exact same thing had it been another team going through such a shitty decade. Not ours though. Milanisti always were, and still is, the most beautiful fans, loyal til death to our amazing club and our sacred colors. People say you have to go to war and share blood to become family. We are a living example that is not the case. We truly are the greastest, we band of brothers. Per sempre, fratelli...

San Siro was depressingly empty for most of the decade.
A lot of fans seems to have been boycotting games until Berlu sold the club because there was a huge rise when that happened and the crowd remained even after the club was repo'd by an American vulture fund.
Fans weren't gathering in these numbers even during the first Ibra stint.
There's been a second surge lately. Not sure why. Ibra is getting credit for it by some, but it started with the 58k against Sassuolo on December 15th.

Median attendance for league games
19/20: 54.670 so far, but 58k for the last 7 home games, of which 5 was against minnows.
18/19: 54.667
17/18: 52.690
16/17: 40.326
15/16: 37.861
14/15: 36.661
13/14: 39.874
12/13: 43.651
11/12: 49.020
10/11: 53.916
09/10: 42.809 (Kaka orphans)
08/09: 59.731
07/08: 56.642
06/07: 47.117
05/06: 59.993

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
A lot of fans seems to have been boycotting games until Berlu sold the club because there was a huge rise when that happened and the crowd remained even after the club was repo'd by an American vulture fund.
There's been a second surge lately. Not sure why. Ibra is getting credit for it by some, but it started with the 58k against Sassuolo on December 15th.

19/20: 54.670 so far, but 58k for the last 7 home games, of which 5 was against minnows.

I thought the surge was partly due to Berlusconi leaving. Attendance figures went back up right from Yonghong Li's takeover. But there's another factor, which is the overall attractiveness of Serie A as a product. During the last 3 years, the excitement and attractiveness has clearly picked up, while the years from 2011 to 2017 saw even Italians getting bored of a stagnating league. So I think you'll find a similar trend for all big teams.

We are still quite a bit behind Inter numbers though. They comfortably cleared 60K since Suning got full charge and they are touching 65K now iirc.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A manager like Sarri gives us the best opportunity to beat Juve that we have had in recent years. Particularly in this difficult situation, he's bound to try something that wouldn't work out. Very different from Allegri who's smart enough to consolidate his team's strengths for the big matches rather than trying fancy things. Cristiano is showing signs of tiredness after his burst of goals, while the rest of the attack has been mediocre for the last 2 months. Ronaldo has been carrying them since the new year.

If the derby chances were, say, 10%-90% for Milan, this one's more a 30%-70%.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
We are still quite a bit behind Inter numbers though. They comfortably cleared 60K since Suning got full charge and they are touching 65K now iirc.

They're averaging over 65 this season, but that's a huge jump on the last two (below 57.5 and 58.8)

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Milan likely formation: Kjaer and Rebic confirmed, only one change from the derby

Milan will face Juventus tomorrow at San Siro, trying to start again from the first half of the derby. For this reason Stefano Pioli is inclined to confirm, or almost all, the line-up that has done so well against the Nerazzurri for forty-five minutes. The only change in sight is in defense, where Andrea Conti, disqualified, will be replaced by Davide Calabria.

SINGLE CHANGE - As previously pointed out, Conti is disqualified and will be replaced by Calabria. The rear will then be completed by Kjaer, Romagnoli and Theo Hernandez. In goal there will be Gianluigi Donnarumma, goalkeeper both in the championship and in the Italian Cup. As happened in the derby Kjaer is favored over Musacchio: it would be an important confirmation for the Dane, currently ahead of the Argentine hierarchies.

BINOMIO OVVIO - With Biglia and Krunic injured, Pioli has no alternative for Kessie and Bennacer as a central midfield pair. The two African players would still have played holders even without the distortion that hit former Lazio.

THREE BEHIND IBRA - Impossible to do without Zlatan Ibrahimovic at this moment, who, also against Juventus, should be assisted by the offensive trio formed by Castillejo, Calhanoglu and Rebic. The Turk will act again behind the Swede, while Castilejo and Rebic will be wide with the license to enter and aim for the door.

Milan (4-2-3-1): Donnarumma G; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Castillejo, Calhanoglu, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Pioli will still not do this even though it fits us the best right now

--------Rebic------------Ibra--------
-------------Paq/Hak/Jack----------
Theo----Benna-----Kessie----Cas/Con/Sael
-------Roma---Kjaer---Musa-------

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

It doesn’t fit us.
We won’t be able to keep this up for more than 30minutes.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
CR was big enough to make Real play for him so who the hell are juve... its no longer sarriball but passtoronaldo. Any1 feel sorry for sarri? He cud be free come next season.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

This has been discussed before, but Theo can make his runs because he starts from a FB position, and the guy playing in front of him at LM/LW is the one who drags the opposition defence towards him, leaving Theo free to run at the defence.

If he starts from LW/LM/LWB he won't have that luxury, and he will be blocked as soon as he passes the centre line. He is no Marcelo, so he will never be able to do what you envision him to do.

I'm not even gonna comment on that right side, which pretty much spells: free boulevard for literally any team that plays us.

Then you have the centre midfield duo, who can't put a tackle in between them to save their lives.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
EQpvN0bX0AAZDpA

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
We really need thar RB upgrade summer time.

Why not give a go with Musa at RB? He has done it at Villarreal. He would be more solid alternative defensively against top teams in the league.

When attacking Theo could roam more freely and Musa taking third CB side role. When defending flat four.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why not give a go with Musa at RB? He has done it at Villarreal. He would be more solid alternative defensively against top teams in the league.

When attacking Theo could roam more freely and Musa taking third CB side role. When defending flat four.
He is currently benched by kjaer who is average.

We need upgrades in our squad not current average players plugging holes and playing out of position.

Maybe we can try him until season is over but beyond that get somebody better...much better.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Maybe there is also some "I want to see Milan in San Siro (again) before they demolish it" attendance lately.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

The Sassuolo game was our 120th anniversary and beforehand we had a string of good performances against Napoli (SS), Bologna and Parma away.

Our next home game after that was against Sampdoria where we had Zlatan coming off the bench and the fans were overly enthusiastic about his second debut.

Since then, Zlatan has been a real crowd puller in Italy, both away and at San Siro.

Even at the age of 38, everyone wants to get a glimpse of Zlatan.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
ive got prety much every sports channel on my box, and still this game isnt on it.

What the fuck.

Hopefully we win.

Ibra to win it.