Krzysztof Piątek Thread

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
If everything goes well and he improves all his attributes he can become a prime Jamie Vardy, who is a pretty decent player with acceptable attributes in all aspects of the striking game. Maybe a better header...we will see.

Comparisons with all time greats like lewandowski and Sheva are premature ejaculations and almost certainly beyond the skill sets he has shown.

They were far better at his age anyway.

Thank you for your input ..

now please never come back

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Thank you for your input ..

now please never come back

Could have saved yourself the post and just done this instead

images

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Lewandowski is a great?

hmm - ok

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
The guy will be a top 5 goal scorer in bundesliga history with 3 more goals and the only non-german on that list in just 8 years. He will go down as an all time great.

But there was never a doubt. He cemented his legacy at a similar age to piatek when he took dortmund to the finals scoring 4 goals against Madrid. Probably the best striker at receiving the ball with his back towards goal that I have ever seen.

Last edited:

hakim

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fucking love his celebration! We got ourselves a gem guys! A star in the making!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The guy will be a top 5 goal scorer in bundesliga history with 3 more goals and the only non-german on that list in just 8 years. He will go down as an all time great.

But there was never a doubt. He cemented his legacy at a similar age to piatek when he took dortmund to the finals scoring 4 goals against Madrid. Probably the best striker at receiving the ball with his back towards goal that I have ever seen.

See, this is what I thought you were getting at....

And no I dont think so. Impressive strike rate no doubt but will never be mentioned with the icons of the sport in my opinion.

But enough, we have a new star and I hope to see him rise as Milan does into a new age of dominance.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

No one cares about nor watches the Bundesliga.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
See, this is what I thought you were getting at....

And no I dont think so. Impressive strike rate no doubt but will never be mentioned with the icons of the sport in my opinion.

Well, he is already ahead of shevchenko and inzaghi in UCL goals and if his trajectory continues he will end either just ahead or just behind Raul as the third/fourth highest all time. So that makes him the next name after Messi and Ronaldo.

That puts him in the all time greats category.

No one cares about nor watches the Bundesliga.

If a tree falls in the forest and a calshio fan isn't there to see it, did the tree show enough grinta?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Shevaa was far far better than lewa. not even close. doesn't mean lewa isn't world class though.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
A club like Milan needs better than Vardy. I hope his ceiling is higher than that

Vardy's ceiling is pretty high. He guided Leicester to the league title scoring 24 league goals in 36 appearences, while breaking Van Nistelroy's consecutive goals record.

The tragedy of his career is he came to the epl quite late. If piatek hits that peak earlier and stays there it would be money well spent.

Arsenal were willing to shell 35+ on him. We have paid for something similar.

We haven't paid for 23 year old Lewa or Sheva though.

Shevaa was far far better than lewa. not even close. doesn't mean lewa isn't world class though.

The double adjectives are a bit of a stretch. Sheva is better than lewandowski. He was better than Raul as well. Lewandowski will end his career in the same tier as one of the greatest strikers of his generation.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
when lewa was 22, he scored 8 goals in 33 matches for title winning dortmund

started scoring regularly at 23.

A club like Milan needs better than Vardy. I hope his ceiling is higher than that

me too, but I was thinking of 15-16 vardy

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Who are the strikers of 'dowski's generation? Cant think of all that many. You go back 1 more generation and put him in that timeline... I dont think he's true great.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If everything goes well and he improves all his attributes he can become a prime Jamie Vardy, who is a pretty decent player with acceptable attributes in all aspects of the striking game. Maybe a better header...we will see.

Comparisons with all time greats like lewandowski and Sheva are premature ejaculations and almost certainly beyond the skill sets he has shown.

They were far better at his age anyway.

Who made Lewandowski an all-time great?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Vardy's ceiling is pretty high. He guided Leicester to the league title scoring 24 league goals in 36 appearences, while breaking Van Nistelroy's consecutive goals record.

The tragedy of his career is he came to the epl quite late. If piatek hits that peak earlier and stays there it would be money well spent.

Arsenal were willing to shell 35+ on him. We have paid for something similar.

We haven't paid for 23 year old Lewa or Sheva though.

The double adjectives are a bit of a stretch. Sheva is better than lewandowski. He was better than Raul as well. Lewandowski will end his career in the same tier as one of the greatest strikers of his generation.

Benzema, Moratta, who else belongs to that generation. Can't say Nino Torress, he was out there swimming with the great whites when he was still a pub. Lewandoswski's generation, whatever that is needs to be erased from the pages of modern football.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Who are the strikers of 'dowski's generation? Cant think of all that many. You go back 1 more generation and put him in that timeline... I dont think he's true great.

Benzema, Moratta, who else belongs to that generation. Can't say Nino Torress, he was out there swimming with the great whites when he was still a pub. Lewandoswski's generation, whatever that is needs to be erased from the pages of modern football.

U know if u take Messi and Ronaldo back one generation shevchenko, inzaghi, and rvn look bang average.

It's sad but true. :head:

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
U know if u take Messi and Ronaldo back one generation shevchenko, inzaghi, and rvn look bang average.

It's sad but true. :head:

No, it isn’t. They are both great players, but the previous generation played against much better competition, especially Shevchenko and Inzaghi playing in Italy during Serie A’s prime.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say football was far more balanced back then, the wealth of players was shared so top players didn't have it as easy as top players do now.

I mean when you think an upper midtable club like fiorentina had world class players like batistuta and rui costa, in today's game they'd be part of *insert filthy rich club*

upper midtable clubs in serie A now have gaston ramirez and quags as stars, granted serie A was the best league in the world back then and now it's a parody but you see the point, it's all over europe.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
No, it isn’t. They are both great players, but the previous generation played against much better competition, especially Shevchenko and Inzaghi playing in Italy during Serie A’s prime.

Yeah, I don't buy it. La liga has done to Europe what serie A did to Europe is 90s and early 2000. They have dominated all European competitions. And Spaniards dominated most international competitions.

Ronald and Messi have differentiated Madrid and Barcelona in excessive comptiton and they have been at the peak far longer.

Shevchenko, inzaghi, rvn et al are average entities compared to those two. Guys like lewandowski and benzema won't get the recognition they deserve.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Most of Italy from the 90s wud fuck Europe up... only Barca & Real cud do the same for Spain.

Deportivo were strong at one time I suppose.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Most of Spain HAS been fucking up Europe.

I mean it's easy to forget united were smacked around by teams like Villarreal, Bilbao and got koed last year by Sevilla. :lol:

No Barca, atletico, Madrid necessary.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
90s Italian strong teams:

Milan
Juve
inter
Lazio
Fiorentina
Parma
Sampdoria

90s to present - Spain's...

Barca
Real
AM (??)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
could anyone imagine ajax, marsielle, dortmund winning a CL now? no chance.

reaching a final is a win by itself for dortmund and atleti.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
roma reached a ucl semi final for God sake.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
tenor.gif

El Pistolero

The greatest striker in modern football post-2000

Schedule