Nigel de Jong Thread

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was chasing shadows last night...

If milan is going to let him go (probably the right move). Milan should look for a proper b2b type mid...Allow Montolivo to play regista....look for a guy like niangoolan, vidal etc.

Oh hey... two guys heavily linked to milan who berlusconi didnt want to spend on because they weren't forwards.

No. When we were linked with Nianggolan, Galliani decided to go for Muntari. Vidal? I know we were linked with him same as we were linked with Pogba but we went after Traore.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
No. When we were linked with Nianggolan, Galliani decided to go for Muntari. Vidal? I know we were linked with him same as we were linked with Pogba but we went after Traore.

Supposedly Bayer Leverkusen rejected our offer which was 10M iirc.

The less said about Pogba and Nianggolan the beter.

FuturisticMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
No we are already 4 or 5 :D :thumbsup:

I would say we are much more. Maybe like 20 persons. Remember the time I was alone in the "hate" over De Jong. How I was labelled as a dumb person who didn't knew a shit about football. Now that people wake up we realize how insufficient De Jong is. And still that wannabegangsta wants 3 years extension.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember when it was between Diarra and Nigel.. most people thought Nigel was the better option, but man we would have been better of with Lass :(
Much more dynamic and better rounded player

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
Lass didn't want to come

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
I remember when it was between Diarra and Nigel.. most people thought Nigel was the better option, but man we would have been better of with Lass :(
Much more dynamic and better rounded player

De Jong has been good for Milan. Very professional and always does his job. He just isn't needed any more when Monty is to become regista.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
IIRC it was down to Lass' wages.. Milan didn't want to give him 4m he wanted (but we gave 3.5 to a less suitable player?)
a deal with real was reached, he rejected us a few times because of wages

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he is gonna extend. If Muntari could get one with increased wage, sure hell our club will give lucrative offer.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
De Jong has problems defending high balls. If he plays in the center, he most often retreats at the defender line and when high balls come like in the game against Roma, he becomes fairly useless. It's a shame that one of our best defensive players cannot properly contribute to corners and free kicks.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
He scores headers on corners....

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Let's say he's as good with headers as the brazilian Ronaldo

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Milan can do better

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Ultimate winter window would be to get Brozovic and sell him. I would be so happy.

We can sell him for atleast 4-6m to schalke. Get the money or we get nothing. Its time to let go of this overpaid player.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ultimate winter window would be to get Brozovic and sell him. I would be so happy.

We can sell him for atleast 4-6m to schalke. Get the money or we get nothing. Its time to let go of this overpaid player.

And replace him with Brozovic? No thanks.

I like de Jong but I understand we could find better fits but I really don't see it being too pressing to sell him unless we can't agree on contract renewal. In which case I would like to see a player at least of the same caliber return, and Brozovic is not that.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just dont think he thrives in our team as much, and we should be aiming for someone who is younger and can actually pass as well forwards

But there are much worse CMs than him at our club yet

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I like De Jong, seems like a good guy. But, I've said for a while he and Monty can't play together.

So Monty won't leave which means it's Nigel out , Illarramendi in.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Nigel de Jong: Has made more interceptions (145) than any other player in Serie A since the start of last season!

B6mpix7CcAEYFyl.jpg

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Ditch all the other midfielders first before we can even consider about selling him :fp:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Ditch all the other midfielders first before we can even consider about selling him :fp:

and bring back Balo, right?

:D

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
Nigel is great player . we saw how badly milan needed him .

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

AC Milan chief Adriano Galliani is confident Nigel de Jong will stay.

De Jong is in new contract talks with the Rossoneri.

“We don’t speak a lot about contract renewals,” Galliani said.

“Nobody leaves Milan without our knowledge. The relationship with De Jong as well as the other players whose contracts are expiring is great.

“In the meantime, it’s important that he returns to the squad. I think on Saturday we’ll have a more complete team that we did yesterday [in the defeat to Sassuolo].”

Galliani is a true fan

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Just renew his contract already!!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he looks a lot better with Monty back in the team.

There was just too much midfield work for him to do alone before.

Schedule