Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
That's just a random guy who said who Milan should get and he said it'll take 90 million euros to invest. Never said Berlu WILL do it...

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
G said that we will get 7-8 new players so that we can compete with for the scudetto again..

i have high hopes for this summer after hearing the managment finally admiting we need to reinforce the squad..

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Those 7-8 players will probably be players recalled from their loan spells or 15yo's bought for the future.

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
let me try to answer,'G' said a great defender, great midfielder , and a great striker hmm....with our transfer policy and if ancelotti still in charge maybe lucio,flamini and sheva(loan) they will cost not more than 10 mill euro.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
/28/2008 1:05 PM
Galliani The Joker Offers Ancelotti To Chelsea
Milan general manager Adriano Galliani was in jovial mood today when asked about the rumours that Coach Carlo Ancelotti was set to take over at Chelsea.

* Stampa Articolo
* Invia ad un amico
* Contatta la redazione

Galliani The Joker Offers Ancelotti To Chelsea
galleria zoom

Almost every top coach in world football has been linked with the vacant manager’s job at Stamford Bridge, following the sacking of Avram Grant last week.

One of these has been Milan’s Carlo Ancelotti, and Galliani has responded humorously to the speculation.

"We are in negotiations with Chelsea,” Galliani joked to journalists as he was leaving the Lega Calcio offices today.

“I asked ‘The Blues’ for 50 million Euros. If they are willing to include Drogba in the deal also, then they can have him.”

The newly-turned comedian Galliani did not stop there with his jokes, as he was also asked about Alberto Gilardino, who today completed his transfer to Fiorentina.

"Yes, now we need two strikers,” he noted.

“Maybe we will even ask Chelsea for Shevchenko and, maybe we’ll get Mourinho as well, why not?.”

Mourinho is expected to succeed sacked Inter coach Roberto Mancini over the coming days.

Roberto Rossi

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Q&A with Galliani

It 'true that Milan is pursuing Eto'o?
"The market is long and I appreciate that they finished the championship talk only of this, but until September is tough and it is difficult to have news every day."

There are voices who say that Abbiati was requested by Palermo.
"And 'verò But when Abbiati seems not to go to Palermo and then if Abbiati will remain at Milan i portieri next year, in alphabetical order, will be Abbiati, Dida and Kalac. If, instead, leaving Abbiati, will arrive a other. 'all a game of chess with moves and contromosse. "

What do you think about that Mourinho takes over from Roberto Mancini.
"I prefer Ancelotti ... Mourinho is a great coach, but I take care of Milan and not dell'Inter then not speak of affairs of others."

I arrived telephone calls from London, particularly from Chelsea?
"As we always talk about Chelsea, Abramovich knows and sometimes even feel Shevchenko, but even in this circumstance depends on them if they leave it go under the conditions that we know it, otherwise not."

Being outside, negotiation Shevchenko has a deadline?
"We have room for extra because it is out Serginho, Oliveira is out, so even if they do not pass the second Community space we have. This story of non-is yet another thing that penalizes the Italian football. You could make tables from which highlights a number of things that harm the Italian football stadiums like that there are, the fact that taxation is the highest in Europe, that of the outside is a standard penalty. There surprised if they win the British. "

Zambrotta?
"The difference from what we knew yesterday is always that of two million. I heard the other evening, hopes to come to Milan. I can say, because even know the leaders of Barcelona, and I believe and I hope that will. I have read today that the boutique of Barcelona is very dear, dear, just because you approach you ask fifty, forty, thirty million, numbers that are not compatible with the budgets of anyone. "

Borriello?
"It 'another market, we must see how to end. If you believe that to Milan then not move more to where it could be one of the attackers. We must define the ownership with the Genoa, but the properties expire June 25 and today is only May 28. "

Borriello said that he would not want to make a third bit ...
"I do not coach, Milan since playing with three front, will have six players for the department before and if Borriello will be one of the six. Then will be Carlo Ancelotti to decide."

Di Gennaro?
"Di Gennaro is still a player of Milan, it is true that the Genoa it has asked in the affair Borriello, so there is the first since Genoa could be an argument to close things, to think otherwise Bologna, but we'll see. "
acmilan.com

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not sure where to post it, but I think it belongs in here..

Pier Silvio Berlusconi on Milan transfer policy

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2008/05_Maggio/29/psberlusconi.shtml

He wants young players... still doesn't want Ronaldinho, and is not getting excited about players coming back to Milan ( read Abbiati and Borriello )

exception for Sheva, but for free... lol

1036945--346x212.jpg

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
project1967 said:
Not sure where to post it, but I think it belongs in here..

Pier Silvio Berlusconi on Milan transfer policy

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2008/05_Maggio/29/psberlusconi.shtml

He wants young players... still doesn't want Ronaldinho, and is not getting excited about players coming back to Milan ( read Abbiati and Borriello )
Yeah that's why:

Matri riscattato
L'attaccante è tutto del Cagliari
giovedì 29 maggio 2008

Il Cagliari Calcio ha riscattato dal Milan la partecipazione del cartellino del giocatore Alessandro Matri.

L'intero cartellino dell'attaccante diventa proprietà della Società rossoblu.

http://www.cagliaricalcio.net/news/notizia.asp?idNotizia=5597&type=0&id_menu=1

:rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
papa berlusconi needs to put him in charge of milan, and let him dictate the transfer policy

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Milano84 said:
papa berlusconi needs to put him in charge of milan, and let him dictate the transfer policy

I was thinking about this when i was surfing around for rumours regarding transfers .

I dont think were gonna do anything next season in seria a neither in the b cup. Berlusconi senior does not want to invest big anymore ,his content whit the cash he makes from Milan now ,if this summer gets him another round of half stadium season tickets we can kiss big name signings good bye .As for uncle fester the guy gets his pay check by kissing his ass ,he does not have the balls to tell him its wrong whats his doing or actually in this case not doing ..so no help for Milan from his side.

So the kids remain our only hope..if the son really wants to invest and bring Milan to glory again i just hope he gets the club soon .

His sister is probably gonna sell the club ,but thats a good thing cause Milan is gonna get there in terms of money whit the likes of United and Madrid but were gonna looses the whole gentleman/family club status we have,so i would prefer if the berlusconi junior gets the club.

So boys and girls better prepare for at least another 3 years of mediocrity cause all the signs predict this.I just hope next season Fiore or Roma win the tile ,i dont think i can take another merda scudetto .

/rant over .

:o

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I request Anshitloti 2 b added 2 this thread & then we will have the stupidity triad in the same place where they belong.
Then we will just come here 2 talk shit about G&B lies & Anshitloti's boring tactic.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
Az. said:
I was thinking about this when i was surfing around for rumours regarding transfers .

I dont think were gonna do anything next season in seria a neither in the b cup. Berlusconi senior does not want to invest big anymore ,his content whit the cash he makes from Milan now ,if this summer gets him another round of half stadium season tickets we can kiss big name signings good bye .As for uncle fester the guy gets his pay check by kissing his ass ,he does not have the balls to tell him its wrong whats his doing or actually in this case not doing ..so no help for Milan from his side.

So the kids remain our only hope..if the son really wants to invest and bring Milan to glory again i just hope he gets the club soon .

His sister is probably gonna sell the club ,but thats a good thing cause Milan is gonna get there in terms of money whit the likes of United and Madrid but were gonna looses the whole gentleman/family club status we have,so i would prefer if the berlusconi junior gets the club.

So boys and girls better prepare for at least another 3 years of mediocrity cause all the signs predict this.I just hope next season Fiore or Roma win the tile ,i dont think i can take another merda scudetto .

/rant over .

:o
You guys fucking kill me!! You make it seems as though we havent won a fucking thing in years. We won the CL last year for christs sakes. Yeah we are on the decline but dont make it seem as though this" stupidity triad" you speak of has done nothing for you!!

Grow some fucking balls you pussy cowards and have some faith.... You think Berlu just gave up on an investment!! Get out of here.

Again I am from Philadelphia the biggest loser city in America.... We cant win to save our goddamn lives. We Never give up though stupid coaches shitty players you name it. No one is into owning sports teams to lose. They may be in a crunch right now but they will take slow strides to improve. You blow your wad now (still with no guarantee of winning) and your even more doomed for years to come.

This sucks for all of us and this transfer market blows as well. But this crap of berlu not caring and Ancelotti is stupid shit has to die already. His time will come with another shitty season. I can understand giving it one more go after one year of CL champs and B&G's CWC objective.

He has done what they have asked for the most part. I am not agreeing that its right but I can see why they keep him. They have no chice now to regain there status in Seria A and lead to CL berth. I am confident that we can take Juve Roma and anyone else with a few decent signings. We wont be top dogs as before but if we spend smart we will do fine in 09/10

MilanDelaware

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Albertini, Gattuso
Maldini&Inzaghi said:
You guys fucking kill me!! You make it seems as though we havent won a fucking thing in years. We won the CL last year for christs sakes. Yeah we are on the decline but dont make it seem as though this" stupidity triad" you speak of has done nothing for you!!

Grow some fucking balls you pussy cowards and have some faith.... You think Berlu just gave up on an investment!! Get out of here.

Again I am from Philadelphia the biggest loser city in America.... We cant win to save our goddamn lives. We Never give up though stupid coaches shitty players you name it. No one is into owning sports teams to lose. They may be in a crunch right now but they will take slow strides to improve. You blow your wad now (still with no guarantee of winning) and your even more doomed for years to come.

This sucks for all of us and this transfer market blows as well. But this crap of berlu not caring and Ancelotti is stupid shit has to die already. His time will come with another shitty season. I can understand giving it one more go after one year of CL champs and B&G's CWC objective.

He has done what they have asked for the most part. I am not agreeing that its right but I can see why they keep him. They have no chice now to regain there status in Seria A and lead to CL berth. I am confident that we can take Juve Roma and anyone else with a few decent signings. We wont be top dogs as before but if we spend smart we will do fine in 09/10

That is the problem with some fans. They are blinded by club support and fail to see the truth. The fact is we should not have won the CL last year. We got damn lucky. This team has been on the decline for a couple of years and I guarantee we will not sign one world class player. Other players have to see that Milan does not want to win and are quietly falling out of the top spots in European football.

We needed to address defense, GK and strikers in transfer window and all have done is sign a midfielder and bring back an ok striker and a goalkeeper we did not want.

It is going to be a long season.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
@ u 2 learn 2 read the post and stop acting like your some kind of ultras when u probably did not set foot in a stadium your whole lifes.

p.s : i did not onces say im ungratfull for all the stuff we have won under berluska an i know it has been the most succesfull period of time for Milan.

Last edited:

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanDelaware said:
That is the problem with some fans. They are blinded by club support and fail to see the truth. The fact is we should not have won the CL last year. We got damn lucky. This team has been on the decline for a couple of years and I guarantee we will not sign one world class player. Other players have to see that Milan does not want to win and are quietly falling out of the top spots in European football.

We needed to address defense, GK and strikers in transfer window and all have done is sign a midfielder and bring back an ok striker and a goalkeeper we did not want.

I still dont understand decline over a couple of years? Compare Man U Barca Chelsea and Real....

Chelsea
League

Winners (3): 1954–55, 2004–05, 2005–06
Runners-up (1): 2007–08
Barca
Domestic competitions

Man U

League

Real Madrid

Winners (31 - record): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Liga_1931-32 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08
Winners (9 - record): 1997–98, 1999–00, 2001–02.
AC Milan
Serie A / Italian Football Championship:

UEFA Champions League (former European Cup)

Now I got just the last ten years here but I truely dont see how we are in any more of a decline then the others. Yeah we are weak domestically but not that far of a gap.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Az. said:
@ u 2 learn 2 read the post and stop acting like your some kind of ultras when u probably did not set foot in a stadium your whole lifes.

p.s : i did not onces say im ungratfull for all the stuff we have won under berluska an i know it has been the most succesfull period of time for Milan.
Oh so I need to set foot in a stadium to be a fan... I have a cousin in Milan pole smoker and have plans to go out if that makes you feel better. But not to prove me loyalty to a club on the other side of the world.

I am not an ultra and never intend to be. I am a regular ol' fan is good enough. I am an Eagles ultra LOL so dont wear your "american football" jerseys in my stadium.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
MilanDelaware said:

lucky? please, thats what people say when they have nothing to say..

we won it fair and square and we deserved it 100%, not only did we win, we destroyed our opposition, we schooled bayern on their own turf, we tought manchester a lesson they will never forget, we beat liverpool who didnt not threat us until we went up by 2 goals... lucky my ass

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jivara said:
lucky? please, thats what people say when they have nothing to say..

we won it fair and square and we deserved it 100%, not only did we win, we destroyed our opposition, we schooled bayern on their own turf, we tought manchester a lesson they will never forget, we beat liverpool who didnt not threat us until we went up by 2 goals... lucky my ass
YOU TELL HIM!!

PIPPO WAS GOLDEN

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
The problem I have is the lack of a real plan: what is their plan for Milan? Is it getting younger? Ok, then do so, I'll accept sucking for a while or not winning anything till the youngsters get ready for the big step. Is it going back to the top? Ok, then spend for the top players. Are we trying to get our red numbers reduced so we can't spend much? Ok, not too happy about that, but if it means taking the team away from a deep financial crisis, ok. Just leave it clear, and act according to that. Much of the hatred towards the management will go away if they just come clean.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Maldini&Inzaghi said:
I still dont understand decline over a couple of years? Compare Man U Barca Chelsea and Real....

Chelsea
League

Winners (3): 1954–55, 2004–05, 2005–06
Runners-up (1): 2007–08
Barca
Domestic competitions

Man U

League

Real Madrid

Winners (31 - record): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Liga_1931-32 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08
Winners (9 - record): 1997–98, 1999–00, 2001–02.
AC Milan
Serie A / Italian Football Championship:

UEFA Champions League (former European Cup)

Now I got just the last ten years here but I truely dont see how we are in any more of a decline then the others. Yeah we are weak domestically but not that far of a gap.

champions league is a crap shoot. No one can deny that. we did get LUCKY to win it, we caught an easy draw, and played teams at there worst (bayern in tailspin, man utd with there backline out hurt). But thats how it goes... you win the draws infront of you, you win! If you want to go on merit, we deserved CL way more year we lost to liverpool, but thats not how it works.

But its the league form thats so DISSAPOINTING. I live in San Francisco, you cannot compare american sports to calcio. The inequality of big clubs to small clubs is gigantic. For milan there is basically 1-4 as possible places to finish, with milans budget and main and ability to attract ANY player across the world.

There is no draft, a player is not forced to go to empoli. If a player has class he chooses milan, madrid, manchester, juve etc (you get my point). There is no revenue sharing, milan does not have to give its tv money to cagliari. Ergo in Italy only Inter and Juve can compete financially, on name you can throw Roma in so there you have it.... 4 top flight clubs. The fact we finishd 5th is disgraceful. And the fact we dont challenge for league at all is whats dissapointing. So yes, i dont expect milan to win league yearly. But the fact they have been so uncompetitve is whats appauling.... Chelsea took home no trophies but they were in two cup finals and pushed league all season. Even Arsenal, who collapsed, were in league race until last 5 fixtures. We are OUT of league race after first 10 fixtures.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milano84 said:
champions league is a crap shoot. No one can deny that. we did get LUCKY to win it, we caught an easy draw, and played teams at there worst (bayern in tailspin, man utd with there backline out hurt). But thats how it goes... you win the draws infront of you, you win! If you want to go on merit, we deserved CL way more year we lost to liverpool, but thats not how it works.

But its the league form thats so DISSAPOINTING. I live in San Francisco, you cannot compare american sports to calcio. The inequality of big clubs to small clubs is gigantic. For milan there is basically 1-4 as possible places to finish, with milans budget and main and ability to attract ANY player across the world.

There is no draft, a player is not forced to go to empoli. If a player has class he chooses milan, madrid, manchester, juve etc (you get my point). There is no revenue sharing, milan does not have to give its tv money to cagliari. Ergo in Italy only Inter and Juve can compete financially, on name you can throw Roma in so there you have it.... 4 top flight clubs. The fact we finishd 5th is disgraceful. And the fact we dont challenge for league at all is whats dissapointing. So yes, i dont expect milan to win league yearly. But the fact they have been so uncompetitve is whats appauling.... Chelsea took home no trophies but they were in two cup finals and pushed league all season. Even Arsenal, who collapsed, were in league race until last 5 fixtures. We are OUT of league race after first 10 fixtures.
All I am saying about american sports is that we (Philly) cant win to save our lives and that makes the fans CRAZY!!! You had the 49ers man!! It might have been years ago but they were legendary!! We have had nothing. The phillies have borken a WORLD record for the most losses by a sports team.

I know what its like to lose and I know what its like to win (thanks to Milan). I am no Juve fan as some bandwagon knuckleheads are but I just know that Milan has brought me alot of Joy and Excitement when watching them, and coming from a loser city is amped 25x's.

I am just trying to make a point with that fact is that yes this is a bad patch but it will get greener and look on the bright side of things. We won the CL last year and for people to think that it was a fluke or not its a win man!

And in my part of the world they are hard to come by.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Maldini&Inzaghi said:
All I am saying about american sports is that we (Philly) cant win to save our lives and that makes the fans CRAZY!!! You had the 49ers man!! It might have been years ago but they were legendary!! We have had nothing. The phillies have borken a WORLD record for the most losses by a sports team.

I know what its like to lose and I know what its like to win (thanks to Milan). I am no Juve fan as some bandwagon knuckleheads are but I just know that Milan has brought me alot of Joy and Excitement when watching them, and coming from a loser city is amped 25x's.

I am just trying to make a point with that fact is that yes this is a bad patch but it will get greener and look on the bright side of things. We won the CL last year and for people to think that it was a fluke or not its a win man!

And in my part of the world they are hard to come by.

i'm actually from berkeley/east bay region (just figured most people wouldnt know it) so its A's and Raiders for me (.... i kno)

but point taken. Anyway, i dont think its much to ask for milan to compete on same level as its counterparts. Aka inter, barca, man utd.... not competing financially w/ udinese, napoli, fiorentina....

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
More bs from Galliani - he talked about how they threw everything into the WCC and paid for it by not qualifying for the cl and that next season Milan will be competitive, also he said that we will make every effort to make our wonderful supporters happy.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=67354

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
chely said:
More bs from Galliani - he talked about how they threw everything into the WCC and paid for it by not qualifying for the cl and that next season Milan will be competitive, also he said that we will make every effort to make our wonderful supporters happy.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=67354

Galliani's proud of Rossoneri
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may30p.html

agreed same bs this line is the worst.

“Reinforcements? Don’t worry, Milan will have a very competitive squad,” he concluded.

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
*Milan*4ever* said:
and why is that line the worst?
did he say something wrong?

yes he said we will have a competitive squad which we wont, a competitive squad means players have to fight for there place with borriello arriving he will sit on the bench like gila did, abbiati will be a bench warmer, the defense will be exactly the same maybe zambrotta will come in, flamini has arrived but pirlo, rino and ambro will still be first choice and we still have nobody to challenge for kaka and seedorfs places and gourcuff has gone on loan to bordeaux. so its the same squad as before borriello for gila, abbiati for fiori, zambrotta for cafu, flamini in-gourcuff out, thats it what a waste of time.